Is anyone else experiencing this problem on PS4?  I have been trying to 15 minutes to find a lobby, it almost never took longer than 1.  This seems to have started since the game went free, I assume our new dedicated servers are overloaded with players or something but wondering if I am alone in this problem

You're not alone, getting into an EU server is a terrible affair right now. Some nights after cancelling repeatedly and searching again, still can't get in no matter what. 

• Like 2

Yesssssss !!!!!!

Im not alone !

Welcome to the club , wait 7 days for nothing , if u dont have any f13th friends already , try to make some whenever you can, cuz getting into matches alone is almost impossible sometimes.

One time i was rolling perks , cuz i had 40.000 cp and in the background , the game was searching ... 20 mins later with 20.000 cp gone on perks,  i got alone into a lobby like before the update ( no official server sign) , quit that lobby , hit the quickplay one more time for further 20 mins of same result , in the end all my cp was gone , and no chance of getting into a match what so ever.

I've never had to wait longer than two and a half minutes. try closing and restarting the game. that seemed to help pre-dedicated servers. 

Im still running into the problem now with the occasional verify internet error. I did notice that over the weekend we werent even finding actual servers to connect to but it was back to p2p match making.

On topic - Just as I did with the P2P setup, when searching for a room, cancel the search after 1:30 and start a new search a few seconds after canceling.  It usually works for me when it takes too long.  2 minute wait is the MAX you should let it search.  Any longer and you may be put into overseas servers.

Off topic - @kohagan  Were you in a match with me on Saturday?  Either you or someone with a similar name tried trolling me (rank 150, also had Savini).  Start of the match I come across a Vanessa dragging her tw@ across a broken window trying to suicide before I got them.  Then later in the match, same person comes back as Tommy, tries wasting my time (lure, baseball bat strike, teabag, repeat) but I periodically morph away and kill remaining players.  When I come back to Tommy, who is injured and limping, he is in a cabin with someone else and is setting up a beartrap, then proceeds to step in it and die.  Pretty lame showing from a player who has played long enough AND is in control of the "hero".

Edit: @badassgixxer05  Exactly!  I expect children to do that, yet, even with the increase of PS+ players of all ages, it seems to be the "older" crowd (17-30+ year olds) that can't seem to either finish a match without doing something like suicides or outright quits OR stop from rage-induced shit talking after being killed (and don't know when to shut the fuck up).

@kohagan  Good on you!  At least now I know I'm not the only one.

5 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

Off topic - @kohagan  Were you in a match with me on Saturday?  Either you or someone with a similar name tried trolling me (rank 150, also had Savini).  Start of the match I come across a Vanessa dragging her tw@ across a broken window trying to suicide before I got them.  Then later in the match, same person comes back as Tommy, tries wasting my time (lure, baseball bat strike, teabag, repeat) but I periodically morph away and kill remaining players.  When I come back to Tommy, who is injured and limping, he is in a cabin with someone else and is setting up a beartrap, then proceeds to step in it and die.  Pretty lame showing from a player who has played long enough AND is in control of the "hero".

I've been seeing a ton of suicides from 150lv players lately. get them limping and they either quit or start jumping through broken windows. So lame. Have some self respect and take your death like a man already!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

On topic - Just as I did with the P2P setup, when searching for a room, cancel the search after 1:30 and start a new search a few seconds after canceling.  It usually works for me when it takes too long.  2 minute wait is the MAX you should let it search.  Any longer and you may be put into overseas servers.

Wasn't me mate, I'm only level 82, don't have savini and I have never tea bagged anyone in any game. 

• Like 1

So hard to find a lobby nowadays on friday the 13 like everytime I search for one it just makes me wait 10 minutes then it puts me in a empty lobby like seriously wtf would this happen 

13 minutes ago, Topthecup13 said:

So hard to find a lobby nowadays on friday the 13 like everytime I search for one it just makes me wait 10 minutes then it puts me in a empty lobby like seriously wtf would this happen 

Because this game is still plagued with issues 2 years after release.

In my experience your best chance of finding a lobby is within the first 15 seconds. If you don't make it into a lobby within that time, just restart the search. This has been my method for awhile and I seldom have to restart the search more than 3 times. 

I agree, on ps4 in the eu server finding a match is quite difficult and you often end up with, roughly, the same people. 

I don't think it's a technical error though, I think it may simply be a dwindling player base. 

That's my experience trying to game from London UK