Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Frumpy The Clown

Clarification...

Recommended Posts

Hey all. I have seen some people in Twitter saying there might be hope for new content now that the ruling is over and/or that the suit ONLY dealt with the first movie. But I can tell you, as much as I would LOVE for us to at least get Jason X, we won't. As Wes has stated, this game has been out of production for too long for it to be financially viable to start up production again. This isn't a matter of legality; it is a matter of business.

Honestly it was bad business to prioritize an engine upgrade over new content.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Frumpy The Clown said:

 

Honestly it was bad business to prioritize an engine upgrade over new content.

This pretty much sums up where the anger should have been focused on. But end of the day people need to get over it as they were clear about no new content. If you load up the game and have fun awesome, keep playing. But if you load up the game and cant have fun bc you need more content to have fun, find a new game. Simple really

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vortex said:

 

I was trying to upvote your comment but couldn't do it for some reason. So instead I will say I completely agree with everything you said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree.

If Horror Inc allowed them too, they would finish Uber and Grendel and release it. 

 

Other content that has not been started yet is up in the air, depending on the state of the player base at that point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Armani? said:

I disagree.

If Horror Inc allowed them too, they would could finish Uber and Grendel and release it. 

Other content that has not been started yet is up in the air, depending on the state of the player base at that point.

As they are working on Project Melies, it's less likely you'll see that happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

As they are working on Project Melies, it's less likely you'll see that happen.

They know no one cares about that game at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Armani? said:

They know no one cares about that game at the moment.

I can't speak for if they care or not, I don't think they're gonna put a new project that could make money on hold to work on content they won't release anytime soon, if at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

As they are working on Project Melies, it's less likely you'll see that happen.

Hmm so the new game they are working on is Project Melies huh. Will make sure to tell everyone to avoid that.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JED said:

Hmm so the new game they are working on is Project Melies huh. Will make sure to tell everyone to avoid that.

Do what you feel is necessary. Where have you been that you are just now learning about this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait, so now matter how big of fans they are, they refuse to continue development due to it being a bad business idea? I've meet around 10 new players today, all saying this is their first go at the game. There's also a bunch of people who loved this game that would instantly play again if there were more content updates, but I guess it's just business. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Technollogee said:

Wait, so now matter how big of fans they are, they refuse to continue development due to it being a bad business idea? I've meet around 10 new players today, all saying this is their first go at the game. There's also a bunch of people who loved this game that would instantly play again if there were more content updates, but I guess it's just business. 

Between the lawsuit, their new project, and the fact they have said no to new content, what else can you expect at this point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Technollogee said:

I don't really know, you could still hope.

One can have hope. The trend seems to be it isn't gonna happen, but who knows...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s objectively incorrect. My PhDs may be in academia, but I started in business. The product has already been delivered so it is up to the company to continually invigorate and reinvent the product. The only reason companies use tacky and predictable marketing, advertising, and gimmicks is to bring attention and breathe life into a familiar product. Companies cannot allow their brands and products to become stagnant so it is important to continuously have events, contests, licensing, endorsements, and limited editions. Look at DBD, look at Fortnite, players will pay money for unnecessary but fun things because they like the product. Whoever says there is no more money to be made from Friday the 13th the Game is a fucking idiot. There are a dozen people on this very forum that have presented multiple ideas that people would pay for. Wes and Gun media are the ones that are no longer hungry or passionate about the project, not the fans. If they let this Playstation Plus deal—coinciding with the lawsuit being settled (momentarily)— pass them by, they will regret it in terms of millions of dollars. DBD is getting thousands of dollars with basic clothing packs their fans are paying for. Fortnite is free and getting millions from cheap micro transactions from a huge audience. Gun Media: HOP TO IT. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

That’s objectively incorrect. My PhDs may be in academia, but I started in business. The product has already been delivered so it is up to the company to continually invigorate and reinvent the product. The only reason companies use tacky and predictable marketing, advertising, and gimmicks is to bring attention and breathe life into a familiar product. Companies cannot allow their brands and products to become stagnant so it is important to continuously have events, contests, licensing, endorsements, and limited editions. Look at DBD, look at Fortnite, players will pay money for unnecessary but fun things because they like the product. Whoever says there is no more money to be made from Friday the 13th the Game is a fucking idiot. There are a dozen people on this very forum that have presented multiple ideas that people would pay for. Wes and Gun media are the ones that are no longer hungry or passionate about the project, not the fans. If they let this Playstation Plus deal—coinciding with the lawsuit being settled (momentarily)— pass them by, they will regret it in terms of millions of dollars. DBD is getting thousands of dollars with basic clothing packs their fans are paying for. Fortnite is free and getting millions from cheap micro transactions from a huge audience. Gun Media: HOP TO IT. 

I don't recall anyone in this topic saying anything about there being no more money to be made on the game. Until Gun changes their mind, no new content means no new content. You, me and just about everyone here isn't happy about it. All we can do is continue to show Gun we care, but the decision is for them to make. The more toxic anger expressed, the better the chances they could say, "the heck with it, shut it all down". I'd rather that not happen, as I'm sure you feel the same way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Armani? said:

I disagree.

If Horror Inc allowed them too, they would finish Uber and Grendel and release it. 

 

Other content that has not been started yet is up in the air, depending on the state of the player base at that point.

Disagree all you want, but you need to understand the choice to not make (finish - since it is almost done anyways) the new content has NOTHING to do with Horror INC. This is ALL now on Gun. The content Gun WOULD release has nothing to do with the first movie and is as far from as they could get. Gun has strictly and very plainly stated they will NOT finish nor release the final or any content due to it not being a smart business choice. It comes down to money: to put a project on hold is like putting a faucet on a bucket of water, on a slow drip; the water (money) is slowly dripped out due to paying employees, bills, housing files for production etc, but the bucket only holds so much water. What Gun has done is projected the likelihood of the lawsuit ending in a financially viable amount of time for there to be enough water remaining in the bucket to turn on the faucet full blast to pay larger amounts for active development. Gun's projections looked grim, so they decided to just take what water was in the bucket to another project. The F13 bucket is still there, but trickle-down-economics from the new project (bucket) is what pays for the current game and server maintenance. I honestly do not know how much of what I just stated is accurate but it is my best guess and would explain it.

Again, Horror INC. isn't halting anything, and neither is the lawsuit. The content cutoff is all Gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I don't recall anyone in this topic saying anything about there being no more money to be made on the game. Until Gun changes their mind, no new content means no new content. You, me and just about everyone here isn't happy about it. All we can do is continue to show Gun we care, but the decision is for them to make. The more toxic anger expressed, the better the chances they could say, "the heck with it, shut it all down". I'd rather that not happen, as I'm sure you feel the same way.

The OP referenced Wes saying it isn’t “financially viable” to continue working in the game. When a company doesn’t want to expend funds it’s because they don’t believe there will be a worthwhile profit, that’s how this work. If Activision came to Gun with an investment option and a development and marketing deal, Wes would be on Twitter all day talking about how much potential is in the game, how this was a passion project, how much love they have for the IP. Take away the revenue and potential profit and we get what’s goin on right now, ambivalence. For a “once in a lifetime opportunity” they sure gave up on this game as soon as there wasn’t another dump truck of free money from Kickstarter... yet Gun boasted about being one of the most DLed games in 2017 so where did that profit go if —again— if it’s SUCH a small team. The indie team/one of the most downloaded games/no money narrative has been disparate for a long time now and it’s BS.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's too bad we couldn't turn back time and warn them of this outcome. Thinking about it, this situation reminds me of a time I played poker with someone who had a straight flush in their hand, and didn't realize it, and folded. They won't do that again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 4:37 PM, Fair Play said:

Do what you feel is necessary. Where have you been that you are just now learning about this?

Where have I been...well not here so I guess that's why I missed it hehe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JED said:

Where have I been...well not here so I guess that's why I missed it hehe.

No worries. I figured that word of Project Melies had spread across the entire web by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one of these threads?  Jesus, people are speculating irresponsibly and passing of such as "news".

THERE.

 

WILL.

 

BE.

 

NO

 

NEW.

 

CONTENT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 11:45 PM, Frumpy The Clown said:

 

Again, Horror INC. isn't halting anything, and neither is the lawsuit. The content cutoff is all Gun.

Exactly. I don't understand the speculation about new content. The only thing stopping new content is Gun. The second they discovered an excuse to abandon the game that's exactly what they did and they never looked back. Has @GunMedia_Ben or @wes addressed any of these discussions? No, they don't give a shit. I'm sure they're happy as hell to be rid of this game. They're now hiding behind their new project. And when that game comes out, I hope you all will do what I will and pull a Gun Media: turn your backs and not give a shit.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Another one of these threads?  Jesus, people are speculating irresponsibly and passing of such as "news".

THERE.

WILL.

BE.

NO

NEW.

CONTENT.

This sounds like a response from George H.W. Bush. ?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Another one of these threads?  Jesus, people are speculating irresponsibly and passing of such as "news".

THERE.

 

WILL.

 

BE.

 

NO

 

NEW.

 

CONTENT.

So you're saying there's a chance!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

So you're saying there's a chance!!

 Lowkey tired of that gif lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...