GrinTV

New Content Idea - Original Killer

So regarding the statement by Horror Inc it sounds as if we can get new content but it will be very difficult to get specific things from the movies such as Jason X. This due to Horror Inc own the supernatural hockey masked killer while Victor Miller owns the name Jason Voorhees. I understand if Gun doesn't want to go through the hoops of getting the permission from both license holders consideringhow difficult it would be, so I have an alternative suggestion.

New Original Killers. Now it could be more copy cat killers like Roy Burns or it could be a "Supernatural Hockey Masked Killer" who is Jason but we don't label him as Jason in the game, however his design will likely have to be completely original. 

Now I'm a little bit of an artist and designed a killer who wears a hockey mask, her name is Lucy Burns. She grew up in a rough home life, her parents had a meth lab that exploded which ended up ultimately killing her. But she, like Jason, was a revanant, she came back from the dead, horribly burned. She now haunts the snowy ground of Silver Hills Camp, soathing her burned skin with the snow and killing anyone in sight. 

Now one thing I think we can all agree on is there isnt much variety in threats. By that I mean every Jason is roughly the same with different passive cool downs so to set Lucy Burns apart from Jason at least a little, she throws bottles full of hallucinogenic gas instead of Throwing Knives. 

I'll post images of her in comments for you guys to see. If you have any thoughts on the character I'd love to hear it, I'd love to hear your ideas as well. But before you say anything I know this isn't likely, I just wanted to put the idea out there, also don't be mean, stay positive, stay nice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, i-cold said:

sorry, but no new content for this game :(

Well it's hard to say if there is or isn't going to be. From the recent statements from Gun media it sounds like that they might change their mind and release content updates once they're allowed to again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneSneakyBoi said:

Well it's hard to say if there is or isn't going to be. From the recent statements from Gun media it sounds like that they might change their mind and release content updates once they're allowed to again.

Until they say yes for sure, it's a no. That doesn't stop the people here from putting out decent ideas that could be used if Gun developers change their minds. The future is not written in stone.

• Like 1

Just stop ! It's not going to happen. My hope is another F13 game gets developed by another publisher and works with horror inc and victor miller to secure the proper license's to include everything that we want. Hopefully it won't take as long as it took to get from Nintendo to the present to do so. This game made money and continues to so why wouldn't someone pick it up. Horror inc has already said they have projects in the works not involving Pamela or Kid Jason so  another game could be in the works but it will take time so we must be patient. Also with being a free playstation plus game for October you can bet DLC is selling well. I am pissed about savini Jason being included on the free game because I was an original backer and paid for that shit that was supposed to be a kickstarter exclusive. That is total BULLSHIT ! Gun.

4 hours ago, TWarner said:

Just stop ! It's not going to happen. My hope is another F13 game gets developed by another publisher and works with horror inc and victor miller to secure the proper license's to include everything that we want. Hopefully it won't take as long as it took to get from Nintendo to the present to do so. This game made money and continues to so why wouldn't someone pick it up. Horror inc has already said they have projects in the works not involving Pamela or Kid Jason so  another game could be in the works but it will take time so we must be patient. Also with being a free playstation plus game for October you can bet DLC is selling well. I am pissed about savini Jason being included on the free game because I was an original backer and paid for that shit that was supposed to be a kickstarter exclusive. That is total BULLSHIT ! Gun.

Fun fact, Horror inc is not allowing them to release content updates right now because miller doesn't wanna talk to cunningham or something like that. So if this dispute between the two resolves soon and sean settles then we can very well be getting continued content updates for Friday the 13th : The game.

9 hours ago, TWarner said:

First Savini is not included in the free game i'm a backer too and second we never know for content yet we'll be fixed once Gun will talk.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TWarner said:

Perhaps once the smoke clears from the aftermath of this minefield of a lawsuit, then maybe someone might take another shot at a game like this for F13. In the meantime, there are plenty of other slasher legends that could get their own game similar to this. I'd rather see on one of them that is not stuck in a legal limbo get a game, and come back to Jason at a later date.

1 hour ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

First Savini is not included in the free game i'm a backer too and second we never know for content yet we'll be fixed once Gun will talk.

Gun may not be talking for a while, depending on what kind of gag order is in place.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OneSneakyBoi said:

Fun fact, Horror inc is not allowing them to release content updates right now because miller doesn't wanna talk to cunningham or something like that. So if this dispute between the two resolves soon and sean settles then we can very well be getting continued content updates for Friday the 13th : The game.

Facts are facts and Gun clearly said there will be no more content going forward period. All false hope people. Trust me I get it I want this thing resolved as well as I was in the group of the first 2000 kickstarter backers and want everything that this game has to offer but I've given up on future content but still continue to enjoy the game.

6 hours ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

It might not be now but when my son downloaded it on PS Plus he used Savini Jason in his first game he played. I have it on my profile so I don't know if that is why but I wouldn't think that another profile could use it.   Who knows but I know what I saw and gain nothing by lying about it. Read Gun's last statement it clearly says no new content coming.

4 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Perhaps once the smoke clears from the aftermath of this minefield of a lawsuit, then maybe someone might take another shot at a game like this for F13. In the meantime, there are plenty of other slasher legends that could get their own game similar to this. I'd rather see on one of them that is not stuck in a legal limbo get a game, and come back to Jason at a later date.

Gun may not be talking for a while, depending on what kind of gag order is in place.

License's don't come cheap and that is why we don't see Horror icons in games. I'm not sure how DBD pulled it off with Freddy , Michael and Leather Face but it had to have cost them a fortune to use them as characters.

It might not be now but when my son downloaded it on PS Plus he used Savini Jason in his first game he played. I have it on my profile so I don't know if that is why 

I bought the slasher edition and loaded all the dlc on my PS4. My son downloaded the game on his PS4 and can use all of the dlc starting off. Although we have different PSN names, our accounts are linked. That may be why your son can use Savini. 

It might not be now but when my son downloaded it on PS Plus he used Savini Jason in his first game he played. I have it on my profile so I don't know if that is why but I wouldn't think that another profile could use it.   Who knows but I know what I saw and gain nothing by lying about it. Read Gun's last statement it clearly says no new content coming.

Probably a mistake they already release savini to sale in the past here might be the case here too. As for statement they haven't told us anything with they own word except

5 hours ago, TWarner said:

License's don't come cheap and that is why we don't see Horror icons in games. I'm not sure how DBD pulled it off with Freddy , Michael and Leather Face but it had to have cost them a fortune to use them as characters.

Some companies are better prepared for the licensing fees than others. I think it's equal parts that and having a creative group of people with great ideas to implement such a game. If I had the money to start a game company, I'd take a stab at one of the big slasher sensations. Since I began playing this game, I started a notebook on ideas on other games. That notebook has gotten a lot thicker than I initially thought it would.

Facts are facts and Gun clearly said there will be no more content going forward period. All false hope people. Trust me I get it I want this thing resolved as well as I was in the group of the first 2000 kickstarter backers and want everything that this game has to offer but I've given up on future content but still continue to enjoy the game.

They can change their minds.

24 minutes ago, OneSneakyBoi said:

They can change their minds.

Maybe after Project Melies, they may decide to come back to this franchise. The best we could hope for is a brand new game, hopefully light on the bugs.

19 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Maybe after Project Melies, they may decide to come back to this franchise. The best we could hope for is a brand new game, hopefully light on the bugs.

Possibly but I would say a different publisher. I'm sure Horror Inc will get offers for another game and may already have but something will need to be worked out with Victor as well in  order to get all dlc content included for a new game. I'm thinking Gun is tired of all of this hate they have been getting and won't pursue a sequel. Yes the game has had many issues but all games have them and it is still a fun game to play.

Possibly but I would say a different publisher. I'm sure Horror Inc will get offers for another game and may already have but something will need to be worked out with Victor as well in  order to get all dlc content included for a new game. I'm thinking Gun is tired of all of this hate they have been getting and won't pursue a sequel. Yes the game has had many issues but all games have them and it is still a fun game to play.

I agree there's a likely chance that other companies would want a piece of this slasher pie once the opportunity is available.

• Like 1