BeautyNumber2

Post-Playstation Plus Trends & New Meta

14 minutes ago, matisangry said:

the topic has just been beaten to death on the forums and every single time it's mentioned, it turns in to a pissing match. and in threads like this, that aren't specifically about the subject, it just takes them over. before you know know it there's two pages on the stupid doors. 

KIDS... OFF MY LAWN! 

As happens with any topic where two sides are dug in on their views. But as I pointed out some useful insight can come from these debates. Though I grant there is also alot of unnecessary hostility as well.

6 hours ago, Fair Play said:

To barricade or not to barricade, that is the question. From the continuous rekindling of this debate, we don't seem to have a definitive answer.

I'm in the camp that says barricade those suckers. But that's just me.

As am I. This and previous debates about that particular question have at least given me an understanding and appreciation for the other sides position. Even if I don't agree with it.

I guess it comes down to whether or not you are playing with counselors that have good stamina and can run and juke or counselors that have shit for stamina. I have two accounts one on xbox and another on PS4, and I'm about completely leveled up on both accounts, so to me the game is about the chase in the end. Very rarely do I escape anymore on my regular account. I run objectives, distract Jason, and play the game out more or less as Tommy from the start. It is about saving the others and juking Jason until the end of the match or killing him. Doors being locked and barricaded gets in the way. I understand the point of view from the other side, but eventually, they will get to the point where juking Jason is easier than waiting behind locked doors. Sometimes, depending on the irritation level of the Jason player, you can waste 5-10 minutes of his time allowing others to get objectives done. If you know Jason has shift, you anticipate it by paying attention to the static. It literally becomes a game of fighting and dodging skill between players, which is a lot better than running around from cabin to cabin hoping Jason doesn't get me.

21 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I guess it comes down to whether or not you are playing with counselors that have good stamina and can run and juke or counselors that have shit for stamina. I have two accounts one on xbox and another on PS4, and I'm about completely leveled up on both accounts, so to me the game is about the chase in the end. Very rarely do I escape anymore on my regular account. I run objectives, distract Jason, and play the game out more or less as Tommy from the start. It is about saving the others and juking Jason until the end of the match or killing him. Doors being locked and barricaded gets in the way. I understand the point of view from the other side, but eventually, they will get to the point where juking Jason is easier than waiting behind locked doors. Sometimes, depending on the irritation level of the Jason player, you can waste 5-10 minutes of his time allowing others to get objectives done. If you know Jason has shift, you anticipate it by paying attention to the static. It literally becomes a game of fighting and dodging skill between players, which is a lot better than running around from cabin to cabin hoping Jason doesn't get me.

I see two main problems with leaving the doors open.

1) Even if I have the skill needed to pull off that style there will certainly be others in the lobby who can't. 

2) You know that you left a cabin unsecured, but others don't. They can't properly plan because they assume the cabin will be secure and have to try to scramble to change their plan now.

I'm not saying your style is wrong. I do think it can be detrimental to your teammates though.

I like to leave the doors unlocked unless there's a reason to lock them. 

As far as the new trends and meta, I've noticed a lot of high level players spread out in qp lobbies hiding amongst the noobs. They'll have their counselor and/or Jason set to random, quietly waiting for their turn to slice their way through camp in record time. I've had both of mine set to random post ps plus and I have to admit it's been a blast. It's a great time to hone your skills because even a bad Jason looks good right now. 

29 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I guess it comes down to whether or not you are playing with counselors that have good stamina and can run and juke or counselors that have shit for stamina. \

Thats one reason..  But theres more.      Mostly, it screws over other players who jump into cabins and then have to deal with two unlocked doors and not knowing which door Jason is going to come it.  

. It is about saving the others and juking Jason until the end of the match or killing him. Doors being locked and barricaded gets in the way. 

Then you run into Jason players that don't tunnel players often. .. And morph around the map, with Stalk On.. looking for run way shift grabs.  And if a door is open,  Jason is in.

For me,, i intentionally pretend to chase specific counselors.. just to set up other counselors.    .  

. If you know Jason has shift, you anticipate it by paying attention to the static. It literally becomes a game of fighting and dodging skill between players, which is a lot better than running around from cabin to cabin hoping Jason doesn't get me.

And when that Jason player uses stalk/morph..   And shifts from 50+ Yards away?

4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

And when that Jason player uses stalk/morph..   And shifts from 50+ Yards away?

This can also apply to window jumpers...

1 minute ago, Somethin Cool said:

This can also apply to window jumpers...

Whats a window jumper?

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

jumper

People that barricade the doors. 

If you happen to be climbing/ jumping out a window, or going to a window to jump in  for that matter, when Jason stalk/morphs in. He can still swoop in and shift grab you on your way in or out of a cabin. You all act like we don't close the door behind us on our way in...

Just now, Somethin Cool said:

People that barricade the doors. 

If you happen to be climbing/ jumping out a window, or going to a window to jump in  for that matter, when Jason stalk/morphs in. He can still swoop in and shift grab you on your way in or out of a cabin. You all act like we don't close the door behind us on our way in...

I don't get your point... At all.

@HuDawg my point is if you're outside the cabin it doesn't matter which way you go in or come out. If Jason's in stalk he can get you either way. Like I said I don't leave the door open when I'm in the cabin so he's not going to shift right in and get me. I haven't had one walk in my cabin yet with stalk on and sneak up behind me but it's definitely a possibility. So your only argument left would be it screws over other players if they jump in a window right next to an open door. My response for that is  "sorry..."  I always expect the door to be open so I check that first before I climb in a window. It's generally a bad idea to assume anything...

Edit: another plus for an open door is that multiple counselors can use it to enter a cabin at the same time. It really sucks when 3 people are trying to jump through the closest window at the same time.

Edited by Somethin Cool

53 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I haven't had one walk in my cabin yet with stalk on and sneak up behind me but it's definitely a possibility

I've done it so much..  Its impossible to keep track.    I mean, i should thank people who leave doors open. I don't have to waste precious time hacking a door a down.

53 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

another plus for an open door is that multiple counselors can use it to enter a cabin at the same time. It really sucks when 3 people are trying to jump through the closest window at the same time.

There really no reason for everyone to jump into the same windows. In the case of 3 people, you can gang beat Jason inside or outside the cabin.  Hell, if you're rolling with 3 people, then doors closed and barricaded don't matter much.

But if you're one counselor.  In a game with most people not doing jack shit.   And you're trying to fix the car alone.. Leaving the all the doors unlocked ain't doing that player any favors.  But the ONE player who took the time to barricade and trap doors just bought that dude alot more time to stay alive.

Its mostly situational anyways.    Single door cabins don't matter that much.  Two doors, theres zero reason to not barricade these unless you're not really playing objectives.  Its just people being mostly over confident or selfish in their game play.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I think we played together earlier (on Xbox). I was playing as Tiffany and you were Vanessa (I think you may have had the sweater). We were on Crystal Lake. We were being chased by part 6 Jason. ?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, IronKnight55 said:

I think we played together earlier (on Xbox). I was playing as Tiffany and you were Vanessa (I think you may have had the sweater). We were on Crystal Lake. We were being chased by part 6 Jason. ?

That was me. We had some pretty good matches to play through.

6 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

As happens with any topic where two sides are dug in on their views. But as I pointed out some useful insight can come from these debates. Though I grant there is also alot of unnecessary hostility as well.

As am I. This and previous debates about that particular question have at least given me an understanding and appreciation for the other sides position. Even if I don't agree with it.

I'm a firm believer in seeing things from both sides, even if I favor one over the other. True wisdom can be gained from looking at the whole picture, rather than just a part of it.

There's no wisdom from the don't barricade side...sorry.

We get an example of a counselor who doesn't barricade because he's more or less playing as if he was Tommy, distracting and battling, from the start.  If you barricade the door, Jason has to full on announce his arrival to you.  You wait next to the door and after he breaks it down, time his entry into the room and give him a nice bat to the face.  You then run to the cabin next door and do it again.  You've thoroughly wasted a ton of Jason's time in this process, to where either he stays on you or frustrated just gives up. 

Meanwhile, you leave the door open, he just shifts in and grabs you without your knowledge if he's skilled with his stalk.  Or he's in stalk and just nicely opens the unlocked door, you don't hear it and he walks up and kills you.  Barricading the door will stop this from ever happening to you. 

When Jason is in rage, then barricading doesn't matter because he's just gonna rage through it.  But he gets stuck in a stupid animation and it's a free stun.  

Now that we've taken care of the role of the harasser counselor and why barricading is smart, let's go to the repairer.

The repairer has less stamina, less speed, less strength.  So when the repairer is in flight mode from Jason, they're looking for open windows to dive through to get away.  If you ignorantly did not barricade the door, Jason will just walk right into the cabin and as said repairer counselor is getting up from their animation, Jason is on them and they're dead. 

So, as we can see, there is absolutely zero reason to not barricade doors regardless of your play style. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, SirMang said:

So, as we can see, there is absolutely zero reason to not barricade doors regardless of your play style. 

It is a waste of time that could be put towards escape early in a match. It's pointless if Jason is in rage mode. Most of the time you're not going to be hiding in a cabin mid game. You're going to be outside accomplishing objectives. And that is where you will most likely be killed mid game.

Like I said as long as you expect the door to be unlocked or open then it's not a problem at all. The only people complaining are the ones that are so set in thinking "every door should be barricaded with a trap in front of it, every window should be open. God forbid I'd have to shut and lock a door or two when Jason is around. That should have been done for me." Well this isn't always the case so I'm sorry but you might want to play like every door is open. You might just live longer...

5 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

It is a waste of time that could be put towards escape early in a match. It's pointless if Jason is in rage mode. Most of the time you're not going to be hiding in a cabin mid game. You're going to be outside accomplishing objectives. And that is where you will most likely be killed mid game.

Like I said as long as you expect the door to be unlocked or open then it's not a problem at all. The only people complaining are the ones that are so set in thinking "every door should be barricaded with a trap in front of it, every window should be open. God forbid I'd have to shut and lock a door or two when Jason is around. That should have been done for me." Well this isn't always the case so I'm sorry but you might want to play like every door is open. You might just live longer...

Yeah the whole 3 seconds it takes to close and barricade a door is an extreme hardship.  

Maybe instead of me having to play like every door is open, you should just take the 3 seconds to think of your fellow teammates.

I laid out the argument of why it's beneficial for all characters to barricade the door regardless of play style.  There are zero benefits to not barricading, except on Packanack at the main lodge because Jason is gonna bust it down in one swipe or just open it all the same or if you've somehow found an unbarricaded cabin while Jason is in rage, but that cabin should have been barricaded long ago anyway.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I haven't had one walk in my cabin yet with stalk on and sneak up behind me but it's definitely a possibility.

It happens all of the time with the larger cabins. You can’t even hear him smash down the door when you are on the other end of the house. 

36 minutes ago, SirMang said:

There are zero benefits to not barricading, except on Packanack at the main lodge because Jason is gonna bust it down in one swipe or just open it all the same or if you've somehow found an unbarricaded cabin while Jason is in rage, but that cabin should have been barricaded long ago anyway.

Packanack Lodge, Higgins house, Jarvis house, the vacation house, Pinehurst, Crystal lake garage, boat house, shower house, any interior cabin door, and any cabin with one door is absolutely pointless to lock the door.  

I'd say 30 seconds to a minute per large cabin to barricade, open every window, and place a trap in front of the door. And then you have to loot it. And then run parts or move to the next cabin and repeat. Now you're wasting precious minutes when Jason is weakest. Now let's say you spawn on one corner of the map, prep 3 cabins but don't run into Jason til mid match on the other side of the map. And nobody is where you prepped the cabins. So why did you waste the time?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

There's no wisdom from the don't barricade side...sorry.

I wasn't specifically saying it was or was not wise to leave a door open. At some point, everyone isn't gonna agree, and that's fine, as there are different play styles out there.

Just now, Somethin Cool said:

Packanack Lodge, Higgins house, Jarvis house, the vacation house, Pinehurst, Crystal lake garage, boat house, shower house, any interior cabin door, and any cabin with one door is absolutely pointless to lock the door.  

I'd say 30 seconds to a minute per large cabin to barricade, open every window, and place a trap in front of the door. And then you have to loot it. And then run parts or move to the next cabin and repeat. Now you're wasting precious minutes when Jason is weakest. Now let's say you spawn on one corner of the map, prep 3 cabins but don't run into Jason til mid match on the other side of the map. And nobody is where you prepped the cabins. So why did you waste the time?

You bring up some interesting points as well.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

So why did you waste the time?

Presumably because you can’t always predict the future and may need to fall back to that position later in the game. Sometimes you’ll even have to fall back on them immediately. Even if you have memorized the item spawn locations it’s no guarantee that you will get to them first. I make no assumptions about how other players are going to play,  but preparing for the worst about them has never come back to bite me on the ass. On the other hand, thinking that they are on the same page as me has. 

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

I fully realize there is more than just the Packanack Lodge with doors that are useless to lock as they're one hit doors, just using it as the example of the type of door. 

I never said anything about opening all windows...just barricade the door.  Takes 3 seconds per door.  Never said anything about trapping the door...just barricade the door. 

Let's say everyone who entered each cabin actually barricaded the door, wouldn't that be great! 

Is simply barricading the door too much to ask for?

As for wasting the time, you grabbed the battery and put it in the car, no one put the gas in...why did you waste your time? 

Meanwhile locking interior doors also serves it's purpose from time to time, situational and not for all the time use. Say Jason has decided, for whatever reason, you're the object of his killing spree. You're in a larger cabin that has three rooms.  You have the front door barricaded, which he knocks down and then finally gets through.  You then stun him.  You run to the kitchen area and lock that door.  He has to break through that one to get near you, you stun him again.  You then go in the room off the kitchen, usually the cabin where it's one large room off the kitchen with two doors, he breaks through one of those doors, and then you stun him again and scamper out one of the windows in that room to run to the cabin next door and do the same exact thing. Meanwhile because of stun duration, if your weapon breaks you can always pick up another, and the stun timer combined with the time he takes to bust down doors, you've effectively wasted 3 minutes of Jason's time where he got absolutely nothing accomplished.  If there's other people on the map, that's free reign for them to get stuff done.  If you're the last person left, that's 3 minutes closer to surviving. 

Do this or something similar at numerous cabins and you should see it's benefits.  

25 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Is simply barricading the door too much to ask for?

If Jason's not around, then yes. 

As for wasting the time, you grabbed the battery and put it in the car, no one put the gas in...why did you waste your time? 

Then I'm glad I didn't waste the time to lock all the doors because I'm going to need it to go get the gas. 

Meanwhile locking interior doors also serves it's purpose from time to time, situational and not for all the time use. Say Jason has decided, for whatever reason, you're the object of his killing spree. 

A perfect example of when it's time to lock the doors. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

A perfect example of when it's time to lock the doors. 

Or you could have had the door barricaded from much earlier and then that trap on the floor?  You could pick it up now to put at the door.

This is of course assuming you get into the cabin in time to lock the door to begin with.  You dive in through the window because Jason is in hot pursuit...oh woops, door's not locked...Jason opens door, grabs you while you're coming out of an animation and you're dead.  Oh, you see the door isn't locked, you run to it.  You open the door and step inside, oh there's Jason right behind you and he grabs you and you're dead.  Oh someone didn't close the door at all, Jason shifts into the house and is behind you while you are closing and barricading...laughing. 

The proper time to barricade exterior doors is when you first arrive at the cabin,

39 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Or you could have had the door barricaded from much earlier and then that trap on the floor?  You could pick it up now to put at the door.

Except when he is that close he can hear you laying that trap. Of course, an experienced Jason would expect one behind every door anyways, but hearing one being placed removes all doubt. 

Although noob Jasons don’t seem to care. I had one recently step into a trap that I placed literally a second or two before he broke the door. 

• Haha 1