BeautyNumber2

Post-Playstation Plus Trends & New Meta

8 hours ago, MRWood204 said:

Noticed in a few matches last night that people were hanging on to things like the gas and battery. And not doing anything with it...

I’ve noticed this too and listened to a small group of people looking for all the repair items and the keys to take to the car at once. For those not familiar with the game, this is a huge mistake. Counselors need to run the items to the car and drop them or repair them then and there and move along. Waiting until you and another person are carrying the gas and battery is a big mistake. Not only are you open to attack with no defense, but it’s making only those in the party chat/with Walker/nearby know what this awful plan is. Even if a third person is chauffeuring, it’s a fool’s errand at best. This is likely what they’re doing... or they’re just trolling. 

I will pick up and then drop the item if I'm not close to a car or am focusing on other ways to get out.

This way it's marked on the map for people.  Been trying to work on escaping by cops or boat latly.  car has been way to risky, seen whole groups killed just trying to use a car. So I let them do that and distract Jason and work on another way.

12 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I’ve noticed this too and listened to a small group of people looking for all the repair items and the keys to take to the car at once. For those not familiar with the game, this is a huge mistake. Counselors need to run the items to the car and drop them or repair them then and there and move along. Waiting until you and another person are carrying the gas and battery is a big mistake. Not only are you open to attack with no defense, but it’s making only those in the party chat/with Walker/nearby know what this awful plan is. Even if a third person is chauffeuring, it’s a fool’s errand at best. This is likely what they’re doing... or they’re just trolling. 

Ya it's a little irritating but I guess we were all new once. Also, nobody uses traps as Jason. If I saw a trap now it would probably catch me off guard 

5 hours ago, MRWood204 said:

Ya it's a little irritating but I guess we were all new once. Also, nobody uses traps as Jason. If I saw a trap now it would probably catch me off guard 

Yeah I noticed newer Jasons aren’t trapping objectives, they only trap cabin windows (poorly) when they think they have someone trapped. Very bad strategy. 

Played for the first time in almost 2 months yesterday, all I got were new people that hopefully didn't know how to play the game.  Literally no one attempted objectives and I couldn't find the objects to save my life. 

Even calling Tommy doesn't get done. The one time I did it, the person wasnt playing, so Tommy just stood at the edge of the map and eventually got killed 

One thing I'm noticing that grinds my gears now that I'm focused more on trying to use MDAC is people pocketing the fuse and focusing on other objectives or just dilly dallying in general (in fairness, I did the same until recently).

Also noticing along the lines of what other people have said, objectives are rarely trapped. Jason tends to immediately morph to the lodge / Jarvis house, so if I spawn there I try to run away from it. In one match yesterday I made the mistake of not running, all five counselors spawned in or around the lodge and Jason mowed through us in just over 5 minutes. Oops.

Not sure if the above is or isn't considered solid strategy for Jason, as I have my preference on counselor. Just an observation. 

I've seen some bad Jason being played by very young sounding kids like maybe 8 or 9years old, on the ps4.  they get maybe 1 or 2 kills out of 7 because they got lucky and killed someone that was just taunting them.

personally I like going for the fuse if possible.  the car always seems like a death trap and has gotten me killed more then anything.  the boats been 50/50 sofar. 

I do try to drop the keys by a car but i'll pick up and drop the other items so they get marked at lest.

I know I've annoyed people last couple of match because I've been trying to stay alive the whole 20mins to test different combos of perks that hide me better from Jason's sense ability.

1 hour ago, lostshadowz said:

I've seen some bad Jason being played by very young sounding kids like maybe 8 or 9years old, on the ps4.  they get maybe 1 or 2 kills out of 7 because they got lucky and killed someone that was just taunting them.

personally I like going for the fuse if possible.  the car always seems like a death trap and has gotten me killed more then anything.  the boats been 50/50 sofar. 

I do try to drop the keys by a car but i'll pick up and drop the other items so they get marked at lest.

I know I've annoyed people last couple of match because I've been trying to stay alive the whole 20mins to test different combos of perks that hide me better from Jason's sense ability.

I used to drop the keys by the car....searching for them after I've finished fixing the car by myself has become a hassle though

On 10/26/2018 at 1:12 PM, MRWood204 said:

I used to drop the keys by the car....searching for them after I've finished fixing the car by myself has become a hassle though

Yeah you absolutely cannot drop the keys anymore and haven’t for months. People grab them and run off with the car or into the woods and never use them. Smh

Playing yesterday I noticed...

Not closing doors let alone locking them.  Players going for a swim.  A Jason player who didn't use rage, was still swinging at the door when there was at most 5 minutes left.  Jason players who just blindly walk into cabins with no thought/care that a counselor could be to the side waiting for a free stun.  Jason players who didn't trap anything.  4 level 10 or lower players teaming, one guy got the keys and another the fuse on Jarvis and then the group led Jason to everyone. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Playing yesterday I noticed...

Not closing doors let alone locking them.  Players going for a swim.  A Jason player who didn't use rage, was still swinging at the door when there was at most 5 minutes left.  Jason players who just blindly walk into cabins with no thought/care that a counselor could be to the side waiting for a free stun.  Jason players who didn't trap anything.  4 level 10 or lower players teaming, one guy got the keys and another the fuse on Jarvis and then the group led Jason to everyone. 

Locking doors, unless Jason is directly trailing you, is a waste of time and makes play more difficult for others as it limits entrance and exit options. This has been discussed over and over again since release.

1 hour ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Locking doors, unless Jason is directly trailing you, is a waste of time and makes play more difficult for others as it limits entrance and exit options. This has been discussed over and over again since release.

I personally think that doors should almost never be used as an entrance. There has been too many times when Jason has been able to shift through the door before it has been closed. You just don’t find that happening with windows! A locked door is better than an unlocked door which is better than an open door. Just say no to doors unless it is the beginning of the game before he gets shifty or Jason has already busted them down anyways.

But clearly this is a pointless argument that won’t win over any converts that believe otherwise. 

• Like 3

Medic sprays are now favourable to pocket knives in the slots because of all the low level slash tastic Jason's. 

Medic sprays are now favourable to pocket knives in the slots because of all the low level slash tastic Jason's. 

one of the annoying things I've run into a few times this last week is players placing traps in spots that wont get Jason but are purfect for getting other counselors.

9 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Spoken like someone who is new to the game. 

Locking doors serves two purposes.  

1.  Makes it harder for Jason to get in.

2.  Signifies that someone else has already been in that cabin. 

The only time locking the door is pointless is on, example, the main lodge of Packanack as Jason can one hit them which would be the same as him opening them. 

• Thanks 4

20 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Not really, and leaving doors open is objectively foolish and a death wish. The entire “leave doors open because once Jason gets rage he will just knock them down” holds no weight. The first 10 minutes of the game, counselors are more likely to die if doors are left both open and unlocked. When someone is jumping through a window, only to have Jason run or shift through an open door and get an easy kill, that is foolish. When Jason can simply open a cabin door because it’s not barricaded it gives the counselor zero time to check the cabin for items OR realize that cabin was already searched because someone barricaded the door. Barricading is the universal sign that a cabin was looted and might just need a double-check. Doors are designed—by the developers—to be barricaded and not used as counselor entrances. The only time a door should be used is if the windows are broken, the door is already broken, and the couselorn has enough health and/or spray to go out a far window to buy time. The “don’t close doors/don’t barricade doors” foolish argument has been refuted as stupid for over a year so you can stop acting as if doing something designed for the game is wrong. Just because 1/20 times you barricade in chase might get a counselor injured while barricading is not reason to not barricade ever... or even close doors. Higher level Jasons will cream themselves seeing an open door and snatch any veteran counselor who thinks leaving doors open is cute. It’s not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Not really, and leaving doors open is objectively foolish and a death wish. The entire “leave doors open because once Jason gets rage he will just knock them down” holds no weight. The first 10 minutes of the game, counselors are more likely to die if doors are left both open and unlocked. When someone is jumping through a window, only to have Jason run or shift through an open door and get an easy kill, that is foolish. When Jason can simply open a cabin door because it’s not barricaded it gives the counselor zero time to check the cabin for items OR realize that cabin was already searched because someone barricaded the door. Barricading is the universal sign that a cabin was looted and might just need a double-check. Doors are designed—by the developers—to be barricaded and not used as counselor entrances. The only time a door should be used is if the windows are broken, the door is already broken, and the couselorn has enough health and/or spray to go out a far window to buy time. The “don’t close doors/don’t barricade doors” foolish argument has been refuted as stupid for over a year so you can stop acting as if doing something designed for the game is wrong. Just because 1/20 times you barricade in chase might get a counselor injured while barricading is not reason to not barricade ever... or even close doors. Higher level Jasons will cream themselves seeing an open door and snatch any veteran counselor who thinks leaving doors open is cute. It’s not.

Closing doors is one thing, barricading them is another. Barricading doors is a huge waste of time at the beginning of a match, and is a sign of exactly how you will play the game... Afraid. Decent counselors, who know what they are doing, will rummage houses quickly to get objectives complete before shift even becomes a concern, barricading doors slows this down.  After shift is a concern, counselors should take on their roles, runners should continue looting for parts and run them to objectives, repair people should go to objectives to fix the car, boat, etc., and fighters should have enough supplies to begin hassling Jason one on one. Once objectives are complete, the weak players can escape, and the other players can start fighting Jason and work toward a kill.

I have no idea what you are talking about when you say a barricaded door indicates that a cabin might only need a double-check. Seeing an open door or window also tells me the cabin has already been looted. With the door barricaded, it cuts out one entry/exit point if Jason is tailing me. There is a reason that they programmed counselors to be able to open and shut doors quickly in the game. And anyway, if you are double checking a cabin correctly, it will take a similar amount of time as checking it the first time, so what you say here makes no sense.

By the way, I didn't know calling people newbie, stupid, or foolish was a legit mechanic to advance conversation here, and saying that someone would "cream" themselves tells me your about 12 or 13 years old. Regardless, I will refrain from saying that you play like a pussy counselor in game. These "higher level" Jason players you refer to must only be level 25 or so because your play style gets you and others killed.

1 hour ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Closing doors is one thing, barricading them is another. Barricading doors is a huge waste of time at the beginning of a match

So you want Jason to just be able to walk right into a cabin while you're searching it?

When im Jason i love counselors who never barricade the door.  So its impossible for me when playing as counselor to agree with keeping the doors un barricaded.

Its extremely situational when leaving doors un barricaded helps the player.  But it mostly just helps Jason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I got to agree about the door thing, lock and barricade right from the start. Ideally you should trap it too. The game plays best in my opinion when the board is set up. The quicker the first ten moves go the sooner you can get to the middle game. When people play a sloppy opening they just sacrifice pieces ie Counselors, in the middle game. The end game is all about safely moving from cabin to cabin. If the doors are all barricaded in the opening then you have time to get stamina. It’s chess, doors barricaded equal a good gambit, speed looting is actually a poor way to play, it doesn’t help you keep pieces on the board. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Closing doors is one thing, barricading them is another. Barricading doors is a huge waste of time at the beginning of a match, and is a sign of exactly how you will play the game... Afraid.

By the way, I didn't know calling people newbie, stupid, or foolish was a legit mechanic to advance conversation here, and saying that someone would "cream" themselves tells me your about 12 or 13 years old. Regardless, I will refrain from saying that you play like a pussy counselor in game. These "higher level" Jason players you refer to must only be level 25 or so because your play style gets you and others killed.

Barricading doors at the begin tells you exactly how you'll play is right...safe and smart. 

You not barricading doors, tells me you play like an idiot and are gonna get someone killed later in the match. Because the majority of us later in the game, when running from Jason, don't run to the door to get in.  We go in through a window.  And an unlocked or open door, gives Jason a free pass to get into the cabin.  A free pass that we don't expect to be there. 

• Like 1

i wonder how many threads have been derailed by the "doors" argument. 

at no point has the smart-assy, back and forth dick measuring ever changed anyone's mind.

now you kids get off my lawn... and if your ball comes over my fence again, you're not getting it back!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, matisangry said:

at no point has the smart-assy, back and forth dick measuring ever changed anyone's mind.

now you kids get off my lawn... and if your ball comes over my fence again, you're not getting it back!

To be fair this is well within the topic. But you're right at least partly right that neither side will change their position. Before a previous debate got started about fortifying cabins I never even considered not doing it. I still always fortify but it did at least give me an appreciation for the other sides position. 

13 hours ago, matisangry said:

I bet you've confiscated a number of balls from those meddling kids... ?

Sell 'em on Ebay or Wish and make that money!

10 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

To be fair this is well within the topic. But you're right at least partly right that neither side will change their position. Before a previous debate got started about fortifying cabins I never even considered not doing it. I still always fortify but it did at least give me an appreciation for the other sides position. 

To barricade or not to barricade, that is the question. From the continuous rekindling of this debate, we don't seem to have a definitive answer.

I'm in the camp that says barricade those suckers. But that's just me.

16 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

the topic has just been beaten to death on the forums and every single time it's mentioned, it turns in to a pissing match. and in threads like this, that aren't specifically about the subject, it just takes them over. before you know know it there's two pages on the stupid doors. 

KIDS... OFF MY LAWN!