BeautyNumber2

Post-Playstation Plus Trends & New Meta

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

This is of course assuming you get into the cabin in time to lock the door to begin with.  You dive in through the window because Jason is in hot pursuit...oh woops, door's not locked...Jason opens door, grabs you while you're coming out of an animation and you're dead.  Oh, you see the door isn't locked, you run to it.  You open the door and step inside, oh there's Jason right behind you and he grabs you and you're dead.  Oh someone didn't close the door at all, Jason shifts into the house and is behind you while you are closing and barricading...laughing

1)I don't blindly dive through a window without checking the door first. Especially if I'm the one who left it open. 

2) if Jason is that close he's going to be lying on his back when I enter the open door. I'll have plenty of time to lock it. 

3) see number 2

4) I always close the door when I'm inside. He's not going to be able to shift right in and grab me.

For every point you have I will have a counter point. That's why this is the debate that never ends. But what I don't get is why people try so hard  as Jason and pay attention to every little detail but then play so carelessly as a counselor to not notice they just hopped in a window next to an open door. My advice is always assume the door is open until you know it isn't.  The life you save may be your own...

33 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

4) I always close the door when I'm inside. He's not going to be able to shift right in and grab me.

I have killed many, many counselors by shifting past them as they’re shutting the door and then grabbing them from behind while they’re stuck in the animation to bolt the door. I’ve also had it done to me as a counselor. 

Just now, CountYorgaVampir said:

I have killed many, many counselors by shifting past them as they’re shutting the door and then grabbing them from behind while they’re stuck in the animation to bolt the door. I’ve also had it done to me as a counselor. 

I've killed lots of counselors climbing in and out of windows. It's much easier since they're stuck in the animation...

3 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I've killed lots of counselors climbing in and out of windows. It's much easier since they're stuck in the animation...

Still, Jason can’t climb through windows. Your point fails to negate mine, which is that Jason CAN shift right in and grab you. 

1 minute ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Still, Jason can’t climb through windows. Your point fails to negate mine, which is that Jason CAN shift right in and grab you. 

If the doors open. Just like he can shift in and get me climbing out a window. 

Also if I'm chasing someone towards a window, say I'm waiting for shift to recharge, I can pitch a knife in to break the window, open or not, forcing them to take the damage or find another way in. If they take the damage I can usually follow up with a second knife while they're coming out of the window animation to leave them limping around. Now they'll either have to waste a med spray, or if they're unlucky enough to not have one, they're going to be a lot easier to catch. 

2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

If the doors open. Just like he can shift in and get me climbing out a window. 

Also if I'm chasing someone towards a window, say I'm waiting for shift to recharge, I can pitch a knife in to break the window, open or not, forcing them to take the damage or find another way in. If they take the damage I can usually follow up with a second knife while they're coming out of the window animation to leave them limping around. Now they'll either have to waste a med spray, or if they're unlucky enough to not have one, they're going to be a lot easier to catch. 

Again, what you say about the window is not the point. We are talking about the door. You can keep trying to switch the argument to the window, but it doesn’t change anything that is being said about the door. There are a bazillion ways and places that Jason can get you and none of them have anything to do with the door except, obviously, the ones that have to do with doors. And yes, exactly:  “if the door is OPEN”.  That IS the point. You act as if you will always be able to close the door in time in every single scenario. You won’t be able to. If that door is open for even a split second Jason can shift through it. Windows be damned! :lol:

1 minute ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Again, what you say about the window is not the point. We are talking about the door. You can keep trying to switch the argument about the window, but it doesn’t change anything that is being said about the door. There are a bazillion ways and places that Jason can get you and none of them have anything to do with the door except, obviously, the ones that have to do with doors. And yes, exactly:  “if the door is OPEN”.  That IS the point. You act as if you will always be able to close the door in time in every single scenario. You won’t be able to. If that door is open for even a split second Jason can shift through it. Windows be damned! :lol:

My point is it doesn't matter if it's going in a door coming out a window or running parts to the car. You're not going to survive every single match. Yes Jason can shift through an open doorway (if it's open and if he has shift charged up and if he's good enough to pull it off). That's great. But it doesn't happen near often enough to me for me to even consider wasting my time barricading a house opening every single window and trapping the door (that is the correct way to fortify a cabin so if you're going to do it then do it right).

So I ask myself who cares? And I answer. The only people who care are the careless counselor players that jump into a window next to an open door, only to be shift grabbed and killed (again if he has shift charged and if he's good enough to pull it off). Or he's chasing too close when they go in the window and he walks through the open door grabs them when they're stuck in the stupid animation and kills them. The same thing applies in either case. Assume the door is open until you know it's not. Otherwise you're likely to end up with Crystal Lake's Darwin award. Blame people that leave the doors unlocked or open all you want, but nobody told you to jump in without checking the door first...

6 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

So I ask myself who cares? And I answer. The only people who care are the careless counselor players that jump into a window next to an open door, only to be shift grabbed and killed

You're assuming the counselor jumping through the window can see that the door is open.   Some windows have no line of sight to the doors.  

6 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Blame people that leave the doors unlocked or open all you want, but nobody told you to jump in without checking the door first...

... Because when getting chase by Jason, everyone has the option to do a circle check on cabins to make sure that all the doors are closed and barricaded?  Ya know, just incase someone like you was there 1st and decided to not barricade any of the doors.

Im just wondering.. When you're playing as Jason,  do you hate it when counselors leave the doors open?

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Im just wondering.. When you're playing as Jason,  do you hate it when counselors leave the doors open?

No and it doesn't bother me as a counselor either. 

Edit: If you play on PS4, and I think you do,  I believe the last time I ran into you @HuDawg you got me going into a window. 

It takes 1 second to barricade a door. Jason need 5-10 seconds and growing frustration to smash it. What are we talking about?

3 minutes ago, BillyBallo said:

It takes 1 second to barricade a door. Jason need 5-10 seconds and growing frustration to smash it. What are we talking about?

If Jason's around then we're all on the same page. If Jason's not around then you've got some reading to do...

14 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

No 

Of course not.  Because leaving the doors open makes it easier for Jason, so why would you 'hate it'

Also, shift grabbing counselors in cabins is not a rare occurrence.  So im not sure why you keep saying it doesn't happen to you, because i don't believe that for one second.

• Confused 1

If Jason's around then we're all on the same page. If Jason's not around then you've got some reading to do...

Lol, that makes your point event pointless. 
If you barricate the door when Jason is not around the second you "lost" to do it is not a waste of time since it does not prevent you to do something esle.
If Jason is around and he finds a barricated door that 5-10 seconds are useful to give you stamina, find a weapon, look in unopen drawers, open windows or dancing to piss him off if you are one of them. 
Believe me I've read enough about this....

12 minutes ago, BillyBallo said:

Lol, that makes your point event pointless. 
If you barricate the door when Jason is not around the second you "lost" to do it is not a waste of time since it does not prevent you to do something esle.
If Jason is around and he finds a barricated door that 5-10 seconds are useful to give you stamina, find a weapon, look in unopen drawers, open windows or dancing to piss him off if you are one of them. 
Believe me I've read enough about this....

Apparently you haven't. Honestly I'd say 3-5 seconds per door. Then like I already said if you're going to fortify a cabin, do it right and open all the windows for other counselors, and trap that door for another bonus of keeping Jason occupied for another 10 seconds (apparently that's life changing for some people) and yet another opportunity to dance (if that's your thing). So again, like I already said, if you do that to 3 cabins now you're wasting minutes when Jason is weakest. And yet again, like I already said, then there's the chance that nobody will use those fortified cabins. So then you have completely wasted your time and your fellow counselors time by doing so, when you could have been running and/or installing parts again while Jason is weakest. When rage mode kicks in those doors might as well be made of paper, so locked or unlocked doesn't really matter at that point. That leaves mid game assuming you haven't escaped yet. By this time you should be outside running down that last part anyway or waiting in you're now fortified cabin, for the police to arrive. 

For a new point let's say you're in a long cabin and Jason breaks down the front door. Now you climb out the window (wasting precious seconds stuck in the window animation) and Jason shifts back out the cabin door and grabs you thus ending your counselors life. What you could have done, had you not been so terrified of opening a door, is unlock the back door while Jason's breaking down the front door, open said door, and run out to the next cabin, all the while not wasting precious time stuck in a window animation. And since you didn't waste time in the window animation, you would have lengthend the gap between yourself and Jason. 

2 minutes ago, BillyBallo said:

Who talk about trap all doors and opening all the windows? 

Whats the point of locking all the doors if you don't open all the windows for a quick get away? If Jasons behind you and you're running towards the only open window where do you think he might shift?  If you crash through a window and he hits you with a knife coming out of the animation then what happens? And we all know how bad it sucks if you have to stop and open a window first before hopping in. You're all half assing fortifying a cabin and you think I'm crazy for leaving the door open when I leave?

Whats the point of locking all the doors if you don't open all the windows for a quick get away? If Jasons behind you and you're running towards the only open window where do you think he might shift?  If you crash through a window and he hits you with a knife coming out of the animation then what happens? And we all know how bad it sucks if you have to stop and open a window first before hopping in. You're all half assing fortifying a cabin and you think I'm crazy for leaving the door open when I leave?

If I'm nearby a window I'll open it but for sure I'm not going to trap all the doors and open all the windows. If Jason is chasing you you can just open the window and climb inside if it is closed. 

Just now, BillyBallo said:

If I'm nearby a window I'll open it but for sure I'm not going to trap all the doors and open all the windows. If Jason is chasing you you can just open the window and climb inside if it is closed. 

K well that's just as bad as closing a door behind you and locking it before Jason gets in but thanks for playing.

Will the next contestant please chime in

10 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

If Jasons behind you and you're running towards the only open window where do you think he might shift? 

Never directly run toward an open window or the window you want to slide into? I know i don't

Unlike an open door.   If Jason sees the open door, chances are you're not going to be able to shut the door in his face without at least taking a melee slash.

So it boils down to "MAYBE" taking a throwing knife at the window.. OR getting slashed at the door.  Also Jason can beat you through the door, or circle around to the next door.

Another thing, opening doors to run out of of the cabin also allows Jason to easily come out that side too.  In most cases its better to use a window to exit because that forces Jason to use morph or shift to get out of the cabin faster OR break down the other door.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Another thing, opening doors to run out of of the cabin also allows Jason to easily come out that side too.  In most cases its better to use a window to exit because that forces Jason to use morph or shift to get out of the cabin faster OR break down the other door.

It's situational really. Depends on which side the windows are on, where the next cabin is, and whether or not you're done burning up all the interior doors. But in the case you can use the door then do it because it's easier to juke a shift if you're not stuck in the window animation.

10 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

K well that's just as bad as closing a door behind you and locking it before Jason gets in but thanks for playing.

Will the next contestant please chime in

Do you play on PS4?

12 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

it's easier to juke a shift if you're not stuck in the window animation.

Juking shift is pure luck.  You're relying on Jason to screw up the grab OR melee/knife combo.  You're also relying on Jason to tunnel you directly while being obvious about it.

One things for certain.. Jason can't grab you when you're in the window.