BeautyNumber2

Post-Playstation Plus Trends & New Meta

1 hour ago, matisangry said:

oh yeah. i've seen lots of that, too. 

or repair characters refusing to repair anything. i had a level 6 tommy flicking his flashlight at me to put the gas in the car as vanessa. i guess that's better than the other low level tommys that spawn in and immediately run for the exit because the cops are already there. 

yeah. i think the biggest issue isn't that the players are new... i think it's that a lot of them are new AND don't really give a shit about the friday the 13th franchise or even the game itself. i think there's a lot of "what the hell? it's free so i might as well kill some time with it" going on and those are the dudes that screw off all game. 

i've been playing a lot and it seems to be about a 60/40 split, with the 60 being the crap players. 

There are a lot of rookie mistakes being made. I give feedback after a match, and it's decently received by those who want to get better at the game.

30 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

There are a lot of rookie mistakes being made. I give feedback after a match, and it's decently received by those who want to get better at the game.

I’m surprised anyone’s left to give feedback to. Nearly everyone leaves when I’m playing. I’m lucky to have 4 people remain and plenty of times had everyone quit, including Jason. Smh

2 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I’m surprised anyone’s left to give feedback to. Nearly everyone leaves when I’m playing. I’m lucky to have 4 people remain and plenty of times had everyone quit, including Jason. Smh

What did you do to those poor counselors/Jasons?

6 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I never saw the propeller for a long time when i first started playing. small item and was always tucked away on a shelf or table. The first time i saw one i remember being like oh shit so thats what the propeller looks like! Im usually pretty good at finding it now. flashlight on and look for the twinkle

It's definitely easy to overlook. I've learned the spawn locations and go into cabins looking for it, so I can usually find it now, but that certainly was not always the case. I've had some matches where it shows up on the map, though, which means someone picked it up, probably thought it was some weird weapon, and dropped it when they couldn't swing it like a weapon.

Frankly, I prefer people to drop it. That's one more avenue of escape open to me when the shit inevitably hits the fan. The boat is a guilt-free escape route, too. The car, you're kind of obligated to pick up people or at least stop for them if you can. The cops, you might ought to stick around a minute and provide cover if someone is heading that way and you're able.
The boat?
Screw it, man. If you're not at the dock when it starts, that thing is G-O-N-E gone and no one is going to blame you.

59 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

It's definitely easy to overlook. I've learned the spawn locations and go into cabins looking for it, so I can usually find it now, but that certainly was not always the case. I've had some matches where it shows up on the map, though, which means someone picked it up, probably thought it was some weird weapon, and dropped it when they couldn't swing it like a weapon.

Frankly, I prefer people to drop it. That's one more avenue of escape open to me when the shit inevitably hits the fan. The boat is a guilt-free escape route, too. The car, you're kind of obligated to pick up people or at least stop for them if you can. The cops, you might ought to stick around a minute and provide cover if someone is heading that way and you're able.
The boat?
Screw it, man. If you're not at the dock when it starts, that thing is G-O-N-E gone and no one is going to blame you.

Do you know the spawn locations for Pinecrest? I swear I have found it in at least 5 different locations and sometimes not at all. Probably the most common for me is the cabin just north of the main house. Sometimes it’s in the main house, sometimes in the one farthest north east. Any tips would help. 

1 hour ago, Bonker2468 said:

The boat?

I don't always feel obligated to pick up people in the car. It's a case by case circumstance. My rules of thumb has always been:

1. If you help with the repair, you get a seat.

2. If you keep Jason off my back while the car is being fixed up, you get a seat.

3. If there's an open seat and I come across you, and you haven't been a troll or jerk, you can have the seat.

Outside of those three rules, anything goes.

14 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I don't always feel obligated to pick up people in the car. It's a case by case circumstance. My rules of thumb has always been:

1. If you help with the repair, you get a seat.

2. If you keep Jason off my back while the car is being fixed up, you get a seat.

3. If there's an open seat and I come across you, and you haven't been a troll or jerk, you can have the seat.

Outside of those three rules, anything goes.

My only rule of thumb is if you are at the car when it starts then you get a seat. Beyond that all bets are off. If I know the Jason is good I’m not breaking for anybody. If he’s just okay then I’ll stop for a second as long as it’s en route. If he is terrible only then will I take a joyride around looking for people to save. 

35 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

My only rule of thumb is if you are at the car when it starts then you get a seat. Beyond that all bets are off. If I know the Jason is good I’m not breaking for anybody. If he’s just okay then I’ll stop for a second as long as it’s en route. If he is terrible only then will I take a joyride around looking for people to save. 

We all have our own rules on that subject. As long as people escape by car, it doesn't matter on the number of people.

23 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

exactly.

i'm usually not inclined to risk my escape for anyone... especially if i'm in a QP lobby. if that makes me a dick, so be it. last i checked, you don't get XP for trying to be a nice guy. 

i've been burned (head punched?) too many times waiting for people to get to the car while jason's in hot pursuit so if i see my chance to leave, i take it... even if it means driving out by myself in the 4-seater. i'd much rather the car be full, but if the options are me getting out solo or me dying or blowing a car escape because i decided to play robin hood, i'm fuckin' OUT and everyone else is on there own. sorry (but not really.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Fair Play said:

i've started doing that too. at least in lobbies where it seem like people are actually trying. i've straight up told entire lobbies how to be better jasons (actually trapping objective, listening for sound cues, how to properly use sense/stalk/shift, etc.) it's nice when you can see your advice being heeded in the following rounds. 

14 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Do you know the spawn locations for Pinecrest? I swear I have found it in at least 5 different locations and sometimes not at all. Probably the most common for me is the cabin just north of the main house. Sometimes it’s in the main house, sometimes in the one farthest north east. Any tips would help. 

It usually spawns in one of the cabins toward the southern end of the map, near where the boat always spawns. If it's not in one of those three clustered together at the bottom of the map, then I head to the ones just east of the cove and often find it there.
I might have found it in other places from time to time, but that's where I look first.

The gas is a different story. That seems a lot more random.

13 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

This is me. I've suddenly become a decent and more confident driver of late by discovering that "pulsing" the accelerator button works a lot better than holding it down. But I'm still not good enough to go cruising around the map and through the woods to find people, especially without being able to call up a map to see where they are. If you're on the road and Jason isn't around, I'll try to stop. If you're there when the car gets started, I'll wait for you to get in. But for the most part I'm trying to get from Point A to Point B and not deviating from that course.

Sorry for the double post. Forgot about the rules and was answering two different thoughts.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 2:24 PM, matisangry said:

or repair characters refusing to repair anything. i had a level 6 tommy flicking his flashlight at me to put the gas in the car as vanessa. i guess that's better than the other low level tommys that spawn in and immediately run for the exit because the cops are already there. 

One game I had a Deborah standing by the Phone Box, looking at it, while I stood by with an Axe in case Jason decided to pop over while she repaired (thinking he may have an idea of what she was doing) since she ran from him and her two friends who were dealing with Jason at the main house. Deborah just stood there turning her Flashlight on and off. Eventually, I left since nothing was going on and she decided to run back toward the main house. She died almost immediately and dropped the Fuse.

???

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, matisangry said:

i've started doing that too. at least in lobbies where it seem like people are actually trying. i've straight up told entire lobbies how to be better jasons (actually trapping objective, listening for sound cues, how to properly use sense/stalk/shift, etc.) it's nice when you can see your advice being heeded in the following rounds. 

I wholeheartedly agree. The newbies will get better if we lend a hand now and then.

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I wholeheartedly agree. The newbies will get better if we lend a hand now and then.

Yeah, leading by example will help the new players learn the ropes

4 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Yeah, leading by example will help the new players learn the ropes

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way.

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

no doubt. and selfishly, after the first round or two, running train on crappy jasons gets really old. 

3 minutes ago, matisangry said:

no doubt. and selfishly, after the first round or two, running train on crappy jasons gets really old. 

I've never found much fun in beating newbies who aren't equipped to fight back.

3 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

nah. i don't even bother, but as a vanessa, it's no fun running around repairing cars and phones without even being challenged after screwing up a bunch of skill checks.

2 minutes ago, matisangry said:

nah. i don't even bother, but as a vanessa, it's no fun running around repairing cars and phones without even being challenged after screwing up a bunch of skill checks.

I feel ya on that one.

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Me either. I prefer to teach them the art of jumping windows/looping to avoid Jason. I did that as Adam last week for must’ve been 8 minutes until the round ended. She then got on the mic to tell me that I really lost because all I did was jump through windows. And that I was a child molester. lol.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Me either. I prefer to teach them the art of jumping windows/looping to avoid Jason. I did that as Adam last week for must’ve been 8 minutes until the round ended. She then got on the mic to tell me that I really lost because all I did was jump through windows. And that I was a child molester. lol.

Kudos for helping the new generation.

Few things irritate me more in this game than when the level 11 PS+ player tries to give me driving instructions (anyone who plays with me knows I'm good at driving and even most high level Jasons are almost completely incapable of stopping me in the car), then they get all pissy when I completely ignore their simplistic directions which basically amount to "Drive on the road, see that part of the map that's a road? Drive on it". . .

Oh thanks bro but I think I know the layout of packanack small by now, having played about 15000 matches on it.

They actually proclaim me a terrible driver because I'm doing all this crazy unpredictable shit, yet they don't seem to notice that Jason is completely incapable of stopping the car and we end up escaping unscathed after I've kept him busy for several minutes to better aid those not in the car. 

Healing new players (who have mics) or repeatedly saving them when they get grabbed and them not acknowledging it 9 times out of 10 is starting to shit me as well, the second my weapon breaks and I need to go find another they end up dead. 

I'm glad the player base is more active currently but getting a bit sick of some of these frankly useless cunts at the same time. 

I really do try and help the new players and it's always nice when you see some that have a decent attitude or at least attempt to play the game properly, I go out of my way to help anyone in the game in general, but goddammit there are too many painfully unfunny adolescents (and younger even) who never stfu playing this game right now. 

7 minutes ago, tinysquirrel said:

Few things irritate me more in this game than when the level 11 PS+ player tries to give me driving instructions (anyone who plays with me knows I'm good at driving and even most high level Jasons are almost completely incapable of stopping me in the car), then they get all pissy when I completely ignore their simplistic directions which basically amount to "Drive on the road, see that part of the map that's a road? Drive on it". . .

Oh thanks bro but I think I know the layout of packanack small by now, having played about 15000 matches on it.

They actually proclaim me a terrible driver because I'm doing all this crazy unpredictable shit, yet they don't seem to notice that Jason is completely incapable of stopping the car and we end up escaping unscathed after I've kept him busy for several minutes to better aid those not in the car. 

Healing new players (who have mics) or repeatedly saving them when they get grabbed and them not acknowledging it 9 times out of 10 is starting to shit me as well, the second my weapon breaks and I need to go find another they end up dead. 

I'm glad the player base is more active currently but getting a bit sick of some of these frankly useless cunts at the same time. 

I really do try and help the new players and it's always nice when you see some that have a decent attitude or at least attempt to play the game properly, I go out of my way to help anyone in the game in general, but goddammit there are too many painfully unfunny adolescents (and younger even) who never stfu playing this game right now. 

Don't let it get to you. All players don't play the same, and there will be times when playing styles will clash.

We got chased to Jason's shack on one of the small maps, and ended up killing him.

It was a newer player who didn't even know that was possible, and he was pretty shocked/amazed.

Reminds me of those first few months. It was nice to see.