BeautyNumber2

Post-Playstation Plus Trends & New Meta

On October 8, 2018 at 3:37 PM, OGroach85 said:

Here's what i noticed, i get to play like an idiot again. Wellb not completely. I do use the knowledge i have, but i tend to play on the dumber side now. Unless it's in a lobby that knows what they're doing, i tend to play like the village idiot

I'm in that same boat. I'm finding myself doing anti-meta things and taking chances like leaving cars and even the phone untrapped because the new players don't really understand how everything works yet. Or screwing around with counselors a little more before killing them, since even a Vanessa with a knife isn't impossible to overcome right now.

Or, as a counselor, not freaking out when I spawn at the phone house or near a car, because Jason doesn't grasp how important it is to control those objectives. Or sprinting more than I should.

All in all, it's kind of made the game more fun. I got tired of obsessing over whether this group of opponents was a bunch of Jason hunters, or seeing that Level 150 Savini and knowing I'd be lucky to last three minutes. Now I see a lobby full of sub-Level 10s and feel like the grizzled veteran who's seen and done it all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TommysMightyChin said:

I can honestly say I’ve only ever encountered one good Jason Kill team, they lured me in and had me dead with a solid 10 minutes to go but apart from that, I haven’t seen any. One or two good players, maybe, working together but even then time it right, grab, kill and gone. If you’re smart and kill Tommy ASAP then nothing to worry about.

Pocket knives don’t bother me as Jason tbh, in fact I can’t think of any counsellor weapon that bothers me. I do agree killing Jason should be the easiest method of victory but given that it doesn’t happen that frequently then I’d say it currently is.

I’ve been killed as Jason, but that’s not why I’m asking for a Jason buff. 

Myself and various groups I’ve played with have become very efficient at killing Jason. When the game first launched Jason was much harder to kill. 

The followng are gameplay changes that buffed counsellors, and nerfed Jason.

-Traps could never remove his mask. Now they do. 

- Team killing made it so most counsellors would injure or kill fellow teammates by mistake. Now they can swing away, with no penalty or risk.

- Jason use to have a stun resistance, so chain stunning wasn’t possible.

- Jason’s window break animation use to allow him easy hits on counsellors. Now they are protected by invisibility frames.

- counsellors use to lose stamina points while swinging a weapon. Now they don’t, so any counselors from Deborah to AJ can fight as much as their weapons allow.

I’m sure there’s more, and take into account the overall player base becomes better at playing counsellors simply do to the amount of time they play as one.

Gun always intended for a Jason kill to be a rare feat. Now it’s as rare as flipping a coin, and it landing on heads. 

44 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Gun always intended for a Jason kill to be a rare feat. Now it’s as rare as flipping a coin, and it landing on heads.

Gotta love the two-headed coin.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Gotta love the two-headed coin.

Killing Jason really is easy as pie at this point. Did it today on PS4 with a rank 9 player with no mic. Grabbed the sweater, found Tommy, a few flashlight clicks to change weapons, and off we went to hunt down Jason.

The boat, even with it's startup sound now, is really easy to escape with. I'm trying to get my boat escape badges done and I've been getting about one or two per night, more if I'm lucky.

53 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Killing Jason really is easy as pie at this point. Did it today on PS4 with a rank 9 player with no mic. Grabbed the sweater, found Tommy, a few flashlight clicks to change weapons, and off we went to hunt down Jason.

I can attest to the ease of it as well. It's gotten to the point that I rarely kill Jason now. I'd rather kill a good Jason, than bully a weak one.

26 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

The boat, even with it's startup sound now, is really easy to escape with. I'm trying to get my boat escape badges done and I've been getting about one or two per night, more if I'm lucky.

Now's the time to do it, before the newcomers get up to speed.

3 hours ago, ZillaMeister said:

Me too. Just 9 more to go. Just wish that the boat appeared on maps more often. It’s never on the small maps and only half of the time on the large ones unless you’re playing Jarvis or Pinehurst (which few people willingly select).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Me too. Just 9 more to go. Just wish that the boat appeared on maps more often. It’s never on the small maps and only half of the time on the large ones unless you’re playing Jarvis or Pinehurst (which few people willingly select).

I know what you mean. I had to actively go for the boat escape every time to get it. Same problem with the boat flipping for Jason. Even though it only took 31 it was a nightmare that I only recently finished. 

uhhhh.. boat repairs.. Im just started trying to grind those out. one of the last remaining badges besides 500/1000 match ones.. I really wish there was one on every map.. i have like 34 to go.. haha. 6 more passenger escapes needed too. always a pain trusting someone else to drive the boat...

7 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

uhhhh.. boat repairs.. Im just started trying to grind those out. one of the last remaining badges besides 500/1000 match ones.. I really wish there was one on every map.. i have like 34 to go.. haha. 6 more passenger escapes needed too. always a pain trusting someone else to drive the boat...

Yeah. Fortunately, with all the new players, Jason rarely notices an effed up propellor or that the boat is even starting... an experienced Jason tho. Lol there’s no chance of survival. 

Teamers.

Nah I joke. 

Sort of.

I usually lock the doors when I play, currently, because I'm still learning the battle system and play VERY defensive. Though I have left doors unlocked when I am feeling confident/doing quick runs for objective items. Though I usually end up dead when I do this. lol

I ran into a newbie Jason kill squad last weekend. Boy were they upset when Tommy couldn't kill me with a machete because NO ONE got the sweater.

It looked like a nature show after their error. Running in all directions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 10/9/2018 at 1:48 PM, tinysquirrel said:

A trend I’ve noticed: 

Heal one of these clueless noobs when you see an injured Shelly approaching in the distance and take pity on him, then wait for him to... um, try and attack me two minutes later? 

???

i had a limping shelly wailing on me with a piece of drift wood AS I WAS HEALING HIM today. 

i just started playing air guitar until he finally got bored and ran away. 

another thing I've noticed is that a lot of the new players really suck at looting cabins. it seems like more times then not, there are drawers left unsearched. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, matisangry said:

i had a limping shelly wailing on me with a piece of drift wood AS I WAS HEALING HIM today. 

another thing I've noticed is that a lot of the new players really suck at looting cabins. it seems like more times then not, there are drawers left unsearched. 

They probably run past them so fast and don't realize they can be searched.

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

They probably run past them so fast and don't realize they can be searched.

for sure. it's like people don't even know the basics and I mean, like, "the goal is to escape" basics. it's bizarre. people making no attempts to leave when the cops show up even though they aren't doing anything, people fixing the phone fuse and then not call the cops... it's no wonder cabins aren't getting looted properly. 

oh.. another thing I've noticed... people looting one lone cabin in a string of 3 or 4 and then just bolting to another part of the map. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, matisangry said:

for sure. it's like people don't even know the basics and I mean, like, "the goal is to escape" basics. it's bizarre. people making no attempts to leave when the cops show up even though they aren't doing anything, people fixing the phone fuse and then not call the cops... it's no wonder cabins aren't getting looted properly. 

oh.. another thing I've noticed... people looting one lone cabin in a string of 3 or 4 and then just bolting to another part of the map. 

We just have to bear with their learning curve. I've played with a few newcomers, and some are quicker to pick up on stuff than others. I'll give some tips to those that listen. Most are thankful that someone is willing to point them in the right direction. In order for the players as a whole to get better, we as veteran players may have to mentor them a little.

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2018 at 2:03 PM, Bonker2468 said:

I'm in that same boat. I'm finding myself doing anti-meta things and taking chances like leaving cars and even the phone untrapped because the new players don't really understand how everything works yet. Or screwing around with counselors a little more before killing them, since even a Vanessa with a knife isn't impossible to overcome right now.

Or, as a counselor, not freaking out when I spawn at the phone house or near a car, because Jason doesn't grasp how important it is to control those objectives. Or sprinting more than I should.

All in all, it's kind of made the game more fun. I got tired of obsessing over whether this group of opponents was a bunch of Jason hunters, or seeing that Level 150 Savini and knowing I'd be lucky to last three minutes. Now I see a lobby full of sub-Level 10s and feel like the grizzled veteran who's seen and done it all.

Honestly, it's made the game super again(not like it's been fun since the beginning).As Jason, I've started not trapping the phone, and only trapping the drivers door to the cars. I've also made it a habit to put as many counselors in the limping state, before i start killing them. As a counselor, if there's a level 1 in the lobby, i make it my goal that they survive the night.  I've done a lot of unnecessary running/stamina burning, and unequipped all my perks. It's little things like that, that made me appreciate the game that much more. Ha! I feel ya on that grizzled veteran feeling

• Like 1

I ran into my first newbie hitman squad that thought they could take on Jason. They found out Jason can block the hard way. They didn't last long. Good learning experience for them though.. ?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, matisangry said:

Yeah I’ve noticed new players are confused about the limp state or healing. One guy was limping around and I ran up and healing him and he said to his friend that he “made it out of bleeding!” .....I guess he thought he limped long enough that he got better? Another counselor would not stop attacking a slasher Jason, so I kept healing him from the sidelines 3 different times when he went limp yet he never stopped attacking to run. He eventually was murdered and I wasted all those sprays

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Yeah I’ve noticed new players are confused about the limp state or healing. One guy was limping around and I ran up and healing him and he said to his friend that he “made it out of bleeding!” .....I guess he thought he limped long enough that he got better? Another counselor would not stop attacking a slasher Jason, so I kept healing him from the sidelines 3 different times when he went limp yet he never stopped attacking to run. He eventually was murdered and I wasted all those sprays

Well it was the thought that counts! ??

11 hours ago, matisangry said:

They found the Gas and need to take it to the boat on the other side of the map.

2 hours ago, God Damn Angela said:

They found the Gas and need to take it to the boat on the other side of the map.

oh yeah. i've seen lots of that, too. 

or repair characters refusing to repair anything. i had a level 6 tommy flicking his flashlight at me to put the gas in the car as vanessa. i guess that's better than the other low level tommys that spawn in and immediately run for the exit because the cops are already there. 

12 hours ago, Fair Play said:

We just have to bear with their learning curve. I've played with a few newcomers, and some are quicker to pick up on stuff than others. I'll give some tips to those that listen. Most are thankful that someone is willing to point them in the right direction. In order for the players as a whole to get better, we as veteran players may have to mentor them a little.

yeah. i think the biggest issue isn't that the players are new... i think it's that a lot of them are new AND don't really give a shit about the friday the 13th franchise or even the game itself. i think there's a lot of "what the hell? it's free so i might as well kill some time with it" going on and those are the dudes that screw off all game. 

i've been playing a lot and it seems to be about a 60/40 split, with the 60 being the crap players. 

2 hours ago, God Damn Angela said:

Even as an experienced player, I've started doing that. Lots of newbies don't seem to recognize the propeller, or know what to do with it or various car parts. Or they hoard the keys. I figure my odds of escaping via the boat is better than the car most of the time, since I only need two parts and can usually deduce where the propeller is going to spawn. So unless I'm right next to a car when I find the gas, I'm taking it to the boat first.

1 hour ago, Bonker2468 said:

Even as an experienced player, I've started doing that. Lots of newbies don't seem to recognize the propeller, or know what to do with it or various car parts. Or they hoard the keys. I figure my odds of escaping via the boat is better than the car most of the time, since I only need two parts and can usually deduce where the propeller is going to spawn. So unless I'm right next to a car when I find the gas, I'm taking it to the boat first.

I never saw the propeller for a long time when i first started playing. small item and was always tucked away on a shelf or table. The first time i saw one i remember being like oh shit so thats what the propeller looks like! Im usually pretty good at finding it now. flashlight on and look for the twinkle

• Like 1