BeautyNumber2

Post-Playstation Plus Trends & New Meta

33 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

And do what? 

And dooo whaaat?        I don't know, maybe end up killing the counselor ASAP.

35 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

And it is very easy to avoid a Shift grab indoors, there are simply too many obstacles for it to be reliable.

Ya dude.. Its just soooo easy.. So easy that you might as well leave the doors open.    Right?

No way in hell any Jason play can instantly shift inside and grab or attack someone.. Thats impossible.. Its toooooo easy to see where he's going when he turns invisible and flys through the air.      Just turn Witcher Senses and pay attention.

39 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

. I don't have any inclination to explain it all to you but any reasonable person can see that you are just clutching at straws. 

Im clutching at straws?  Since when?    Take a seat.....and maybe you'll learn something.  :D

• Thanks 1

Here's what i noticed, i get to play like an idiot again. Wellb not completely. I do use the knowledge i have, but i tend to play on the dumber side now. Unless it's in a lobby that knows what they're doing, i tend to play like the village idiot

3 hours ago, TommysMightyChin said:

The big shift will happen when they all realise there is nothing to be afraid of and to just go about the objectives (if that’s how you play) and that getting chased by Jason isn’t game over just a minor annoyance. 

That would be something new! Fixing and escaping is harder to do, apparently. Or, so I've heard. I for one, would love that shift in meta. But, don't get your hopes up. Most likely once the new players get comfortable in combat, they will be the next generation of Jason hunters. Jason is at a huge disadvantage in group combat, even highly skilled Jasons suffer in an ambush if executed well. The kill is the absolute easiest, guaranteed win possible. It takes a demask, which also isn't hard if you can fight. One skilled sweater girl, and a Tommy player to hit a prompt wielding an axe or machete. Just saying, that's why it's the meta right now. Most likely that won't change. I've been fixing and escaping first and foremost since day one. If Jason is on me, then I go into combat mode. But, I'm more stealthy and try to be off radar fixing stuff and creating escape options. But, the combat in this game is what sets F13 apart from dead by daylight. I like sneaking around, but I think it's thrilling to fight Jason. Even after all this time, especially when the Jason is really good! The combat is my favorite part, IMO.

14 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

That would be something new! Fixing and escaping is harder to do, apparently. Or, so I've heard. I for one, would love that shift in meta. But, don't get your hopes up. Most likely once the new players get comfortable in combat, they will be the next generation of Jason hunters. Jason is at a huge disadvantage in group combat, even highly skilled Jasons suffer in an ambush if executed well. The kill is the absolute easiest, guaranteed win possible. It takes a demask, which also isn't hard if you can fight. One skilled sweater girl, and a Tommy player to hit a prompt wielding an axe or machete. Just saying, that's why it's the meta right now. Most likely that won't change. I've been fixing and escaping first and foremost since day one. If Jason is on me, then I go into combat mode. But, I'm more stealthy and try to be off radar fixing stuff and creating escape options. But, the combat in this game is what sets F13 apart from dead by daylight. I like sneaking around, but I think it's thrilling to fight Jason. Even after all this time, especially when the Jason is really good! The combat is my favorite part, IMO.

The developers could give Jason more hit points. Severely limit pocket knives. Maybe 1 per small map, and 2 per normal map. Not including Tommys knife. Give Jason back his stun resistance to minimize chain stunning, and allow Jason’s meelee strikes to override a counsellors meelee. Limit the stun chance on all weapons including the bat, and penalize counselors who miss a swing with a stamina decrease. Jason’s rage mode should kick in much faster, especially in proximity with groups, and even more so when receiving damage. Jason’s mask removal should automatically put him in Rage. 

These small changes could limit Jason kill groups, and raise the skill level. 

Killing Jason should be the hardest victory, and it needs to be earned. 

I know adding new content is still up for debate, but hopefully more substantial balance tweaks can be made without pissing off a couple lawyers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

The developers could give Jason more hit points. Severely limit pocket knives. Maybe 1 per small map, and 2 per normal map. Not including Tommys knife. Give Jason back his stun resistance to minimize chain stunning, and allow Jason’s meelee strikes to override a counsellors meelee. Limit the stun chance on all weapons including the bat, and penalize counselors who miss a swing with a stamina decrease. Jason’s rage mode should kick in much faster, especially in proximity with groups, and even more so when receiving damage. Jason’s mask removal should automatically put him in Rage. 

I know adding new content is still up for debate, but hopefully more substantial balance tweaks can be made without pissing off a couple lawyers.

Killing Jason should be the hardest victory, I agree. However, if all the suggestions you just made were implemented at once, the power would massively shift the scale back to Jason. This would likely make a lot of people quit playing altogether. Making one adjustment at a time until the ideal balance is achieved is the better way to go.

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I'm clutching at straws?  Since when?    Take a seat.....and maybe you'll learn something.  :D

I clutch something while I'm sitting.

Sometimes twice in one day 

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

Killing Jason should be the hardest victory, I agree. However, if all the suggestions you just made were implemented at once, the power would massively shift the scale back to Jason. This would likely make a lot of people quit playing altogether. Making one adjustment at a time until the ideal balance is achieved is the better way to go.

Fair Play nailed it, so I'll agree.

I said before, if they would amplify fear in a 15' radius around Jason it would help build fear which lessens stamina regeneration and causes loss of mini map and dark screen. The only way to deal with it would be a no fear build, and hits for stamina boost. It would cause players without that no fear build to peel off, giving Jason an out and a target.

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

And dooo whaaat?        I don't know, maybe end up killing the counselor ASAP.

Ya dude.. Its just soooo easy.. So easy that you might as well leave the doors open.    Right?

No way in hell any Jason play can instantly shift inside and grab or attack someone.. Thats impossible.. Its toooooo easy to see where he's going when he turns invisible and flys through the air.      Just turn Witcher Senses and pay attention.

Im clutching at straws?  Since when?    Take a seat.....and maybe you'll learn something.  :D

Will you honestly just leave already? You ruin every thread you’re in with your immature mindset and inability to have a decent discussion. You make every slight difference of opinion some impossible showdown and get thread after thread locked. I created this topic to discuss trends and the new meta, not reinstate an argument so you can get on your soapbox about your personal opinions on cabin doors. At this point you are technically off topic and trying to instigate arguments  @ShiftySamurai will you please reign him in?

37 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Will you honestly just leave already? You ruin every thread you’re in with your immature mindset and inability to have a decent discussion. You make every slight difference of opinion some impossible showdown and get thread after thread locked. I created this topic to discuss trends and the new meta, not reinstate an argument so you can get on your soapbox about your personal opinions on cabin doors. At this point you are technically off topic and trying to instigate arguments  @ShiftySamurai will you please reign him in?

If people want to argue so what?  Just enjoy it or ignore it.   

Whats the point of calling for mods? Its not like I just spiked the punch at a party and just took my socks off.

Im allowed to disagree and argue. , last i checked.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Fair Play nailed it, so I'll agree.

I said before, if they would amplify fear in a 15' radius around Jason it would help build fear which lessens stamina regeneration and causes loss of mini map and dark screen. The only way to deal with it would be a no fear build, and hits for stamina boost. It would cause players without that no fear build to peel off, giving Jason an out and a target.

That sounds like an intriguing idea.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

If people want to argue so what?  Just enjoy it or ignore it.   

Whats the point of calling for mods? Its not like I just spiked the punch at a party and just took my socks off.

Im allowed to disagree and argue. , last i checked.

People still spike punch?

The best part of the new PS plus crowd is they haven't yet discovered the dance party/tbag meta. I'll take a lobby of naive players trying to learn the game over a bunch cocky shit talking trolls who just want to beat on Jason any day. It's been fun hearing new players on mic get freaked out instead of taunting whoever is playing Jason.

• Thanks 1

Lots of good points here, especially in the op. What I've seen a lot is noobs teaming up to help their Jason friend get kills. They sabotage boat, cars (one guy drove it into the lake to destroy it) then proceed to use the PS chat to tell Jason where we're all at. It's sad people have to resort to cheating like this. Me and some of my gaming posse beat the crap out of a jason for like 10 minutes for cheating 😂 😂  Here's a link if anyone wants a lol.

14 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Leaving a door open may better suit an experienced player where he can gain stamina from combat stuns and stay alive by cabin looping, but in a qp lobby it is detrimental to other lower skilled players that need to rely on hiding out in cabins and keeping barriers in between them and Jason...

It doesn't even suit experienced players... Leaving doors open is just a gift to Jason, the pros on doing that are risible. 

5 hours ago, A.J. Mason said:

The best part of the new PS plus crowd is they haven't yet discovered the dance party/tbag meta. I'll take a lobby of naive players trying to learn the game over a bunch cocky shit talking trolls who just want to beat on Jason any day. It's been fun hearing new players on mic get freaked out instead of taunting whoever is playing Jason.

Give them time. Monkey see, monkey do.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, A.J. Mason said:

It's been fun hearing new players on mic get freaked out instead of taunting whoever is playing Jason.

It’s funny how some of the new players have reacted. One guy that was playing handed the controller to his buddy and said he wasn’t playing anymore after I shift grabbed him, lol. He was freaking out the entire match whenever Jason was near him. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

I can honestly say I’ve only ever encountered one good Jason Kill team, they lured me in and had me dead with a solid 10 minutes to go but apart from that, I haven’t seen any. One or two good players, maybe, working together but even then time it right, grab, kill and gone. If you’re smart and kill Tommy ASAP then nothing to worry about.

Pocket knives don’t bother me as Jason tbh, in fact I can’t think of any counsellor weapon that bothers me. I do agree killing Jason should be the easiest method of victory but given that it doesn’t happen that frequently then I’d say it currently is.

8 hours ago, A.J. Mason said:

I’m not going to lie, I love doing good the dance emotes to annoy whoever is playing is Jason. Which of course you can argue is not very sportsman like but if I can distract Jason while my friends call the cops then I’m gonna do it! I draw the line at actively trash talking on the mic, as that doesn’t interest me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TommysMightyChin said:

I’m not going to lie, I love doing good the dance emotes to annoy whoever is playing is Jason. Which of course you can argue is not very sportsman like but if I can distract Jason while my friends call the cops then I’m gonna do it! I draw the line at actively trash talking on the mic, as that doesn’t interest me.

Me too I've been killed once by a good group. Me too sometimes I use dance emotes to annoy Jason. It's funny. And me too I don't trash talk and find it stupid. Let's be friends! :D

6 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Give them time. Monkey see, monkey do.

Totally agree! But for now it's a nice change.

A trend I’ve noticed: 

Heal one of these clueless noobs when you see an injured Shelly approaching in the distance and take pity on him, then wait for him to... um, try and attack me two minutes later? 

Or give the noob Chad a pocket knife because you found one at a campsite late game and already had one, he’ll appreciate that surely - oh wait, why tf is he trying to hit me now? 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

I just try to help them as much as possible.  Since I'm mainly playing with AJ & Fox.  I quickly try to fix as much as possible and call the cops provided someone isn't holding the fuse.  I'll constantly check the map and go get it as soon as it's dropped as with the repair items.  

The reason I've enjoyed playing with newbies lately versus high-level players is that I have found the majority of them to be nice.  I've run into so many toxic max and high-level players that troll, do shitty things purposely to piss you off, yell nasty insulting names for no good reason and generally have ridiculously inflated egos. That's why I started muting every player first thing as soon as I enter a public match (unless it's a friend of course).  With the huge influx of new players, I stopped muting and I haven't had 1 newbie (& I've played a lot already this month) say anything insulting, rude, etc.  Yes a of them do some stupid things, but I understand they're learning and I can deal with that.

44 minutes ago, tinysquirrel said:

A trend I’ve noticed: 

Heal one of these clueless noobs when you see an injured Shelly approaching in the distance and take pity on him, then wait for him to... um, try and attack me two minutes later? 

Or give the noob Chad a pocket knife because you found one at a campsite late game and already had one, he’ll appreciate that surely - oh wait, why tf is he trying to hit me now? 😂😂😂

Yeah I had that happen. Saw an AJ limping and was about to heal her when she began swinging at me. Told the player to go off and get killed then. 

Noob Trend #684:  Setting a counselor beartrap EXACTLY where you picked it up.

Noob Trend #685:  Run into a large cabin, barricade the door, search nearby drawers, then jump out a window leaving the rest of the cabin unchecked/unlocked.

Noob Trend #686:  Start up a car, drive up to someone being pursued by Jason just a few feet away, and stop to let them in... RIGHT NEXT TO JASON!

• Haha 2

I like that new Jason players are so determined to trap me inside a cabin that they waste all their bear traps on the cabin windows and not objectives. You don't think I'll just open the door and run away while you're at the back of the house trapping it? Lol. 

Seen more purple Jason than I've ever seen this evening.

I haven't been using my headset and was listening to a conversation in a pre-match lobby which I found hilarious.

"How do I pick the 'Barry' character?"

"You can't, you can only be Barry if you're the 2nd to die" 

😂 😂😂

So many people are enjoying themselves and I've seen ZERO bugs. It's such a shame they can't release new content to all these new players...they'd be laughing all the way to the bank. 

• Haha 1