Jump to content
BeautyNumber2

Post-Playstation Plus Trends & New Meta

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Leaving doors open, just gives Jason the chance to stalk shift inside the cabin to surprise the counselor. I’ve done this so many times against aggressive high level Vanessa’s.

Against a skilled counselor, this may work only if he wasn't already aware of Jason's presents prior.   If Jason was already chasing such a counselor already, especially one with NervesOfSteel equipped, if the counselor suddenly lost Jason's position due to a power use, he'll likely know Jason has shifted inside and knows its safer to remain outdoors and head to a different destination or to teammates if around. 

Again, if you feel unsafe with doors open while you are inside, just close them without locking them, protecting them from shift.  As a bonus, if Jason chooses just to open them rather then flat out smash them, it's a resource you keep for later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Against a skilled player, this may work only if he wasn't already aware of your presents prior.   If Jason was already chasing such a counselor already, especially one with NervesOfSteel equipped, if the counselor suddenly lost Jason's position due to a power use, he'll likely know Jason has shifted inside and knows its safer to remain outdoors and head to a different destination or to teammates.

Yeah there’s always that possibility. Usually I’d use Sense to determine where their going, then morph ahead behind another Cabin, and if that door is left open I have an easy entrance, for another set up, or I’d just shift grab from behind the cabin.

With any strategy there’s a counter to it, all it takes is for the counselor to make a mistake, even God Tier Vanessa who’s been playing since launch will slip up once in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

  All it does creates a wall for counselors locked.  

A wall works both ways..  

5 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Leaving doors open, just gives Jason the chance to stalk shift inside the cabin to surprise the counselor. I’ve done this so many times against aggressive high level Vanessa’s.

Even if leaving the door open gives the counselors more options, it equally gives Jason’s more options. 

I’ve  injured many counselors by slashing through a door that they try to close in my face. 

Most cabins have 3 or more windows to climb out of, so there’s lots of options. Except for some small cabins, and in those situations just stun Jason, or juke and go out the door once he breaks it.

100% this^.      

 

I mean, I can see how leaving the doors open on specific cabins can help.  Those small ones can be death traps.  But big cabins, it makes zero sense to keep the doors open. 

Hell even just closing the door and not locking/barricading it is better than just leaving it open.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a low stamina counselor, a locked door can be a life saver in early parts of the game especially against Jasons without +destruction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Against a skilled counselor, this may work only if he wasn't already aware of Jason's presents prior.   If Jason was already chasing such a counselor already, especially one with NervesOfSteel equipped, if the counselor suddenly lost Jason's position due to a power use, he'll likely know Jason has shifted inside and knows its safer to remain outdoors and head to a different destination or to teammates if around.

And when Jason Stalk Morphs into shift range of the cabins..  And you don't know where he is? Don't know what skills are on cool down.

Not for nothing.  But good Jason players don't tunnel players all the time.  They are not predictable. 

Sometimes i just tunnel one counselor for 10-20 seconds..  To make other counselors think im not going after them, making them feel safe for the moment.. Meanwhile me tunneling that other counselor was a total fake out.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

A wall works both ways..  

100% this^.      

 

I mean, I can see how leaving the doors open on specific cabins can help.  Those small ones can be death traps.  But big cabins, it makes zero sense to keep the doors open. 

Hell even just closing the door and not locking/barricading it is better than just leaving it open.  

 

I can see both sides, but overall prefer the door locking strategy, as leaving a door open can screw over another player.

As a counselor I also take the time to open as many windows as I can, it really doesn’t take long, and if everyone took a few extra seconds to do this, it would greatly help their chances.

I seriously killed soooo many counselors who never locked a door. 

As Jason I love playing in lobbies  with every door left wide open.

I agree though certain small cabins may be best left open, and I never lock the front doors of Packinack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Such truth here.  For those who can't deal with having the door open while you're inside, close the door but don't lock it.  All it does creates a wall for counselors locked.  A good example where you may want to barricade per-emptively is if you plan on grabbing the sweater alone and want temporarily refuge in a cabin near by.  Make sure you open ALL windows if the doors are locked.

 

Also creates opportunity for an IQ test. I have been constantly surprised just how many Jasons continue to open the door after being punished for it each and every time. It will allow you to judge the caliber of player you are up against. There are only 2 cabins I would ever barricade preemptively and those are phone house and Tommy house, but again if the Jason is at all experienced then at least the phone house won't even be a possibility to barricade because the doors will be gone by the time you get there. 

@HuDawg Wow did you actually get it? That a wall works both ways? Amazing. FYI Stalk is extremely easy to recognize (there are dedicated cues), use your common sense at that point and it will not even be a factor. 

@dandop1984 I have nothing against you, but it is misinformation that most cabins have an adequate amount of easily accessible (and ideally placed) windows. It is unfortunately absolutely incorrect which is exactly the reason why entrances / exits should not be blocked unless it is justifiable (which means Jason is close by).

As usual, I am more than happy to settle any disputes through direct challenge. Anyone is free to PM me so that this can be arranged. If a full, experienced lobby is needed that can also be arranged (although I would strongly advise against it).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

 

@HuDawg Wow did you actually get it? That a wall works both ways? Amazing.

Amazing is.. That you feel the need insult my intelligence when i disagree with you.  Like a cheap dig at me, is gonna change anything.  

I can give more reasons as to why the door should be closed and barricaded than you can for leaving it open.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

Amazing is.. That you feel the need insult my intelligence when i disagree with you.  Like a cheap dig at me, is gonna change anything.  

I can give more reasons as to why the door should be closed and barricaded than you can for leaving it open.   

But unfortunately, you haven't. Let's hear them though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leaving a door open may better suit an experienced player where he can gain stamina from combat stuns and stay alive by cabin looping, but in a qp lobby it is detrimental to other lower skilled players that need to rely on hiding out in cabins and keeping barriers in between them and Jason...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

But unfortunately, you haven't. Let's here them though.

- Easy to shift into cabins

- Easy to walk into cabins with block up

- Easy to walk into cabins period

- Leaving doors open can screw over players who are trying to escape Jason and jumped into cabin.. Only to notice the doors are WIDE OPEN.

- Leaving doors open means they can be broken quickly by Jason (Meaning counselors won't have a 'wall'  when needed)

 

What do you got?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, badassgixxer05 said:

Leaving a door open may better suit an experienced player where he can gain stamina from combat stuns and stay alive by cabin looping, but in a qp lobby it is detrimental to other lower skilled players that need to rely on hiding out in cabins and keeping barriers in between them and Jason...

While you are correct in the context of new players, it is a rite of passage for every counselor to delete their fear of Jason and realize there an abundance of opportunities to succeed in combat and turn the odds in their favour. Technically, no one should be hiding. Absolutely every new player should be placing 100% focus on refining their combat and initiating combat with Jason as often as possible, as once they are proficient in it, it will allow them free reign to do as they like in the match. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tommy86 said:

While you are correct in the context of new players, it is a rite of passage for every counselor to delete their fear of Jason and realize there an abundance of opportunities to succeed in combat and turn the odds in their favour. Technically, no one should be hiding. Absolutely every new player should be placing 100% focus on refining their combat and initiating combat with Jason as often as possible, as once they are proficient in it, it will allow them free reign to do as they like in the match. 

Yes in the games current state, sadly you are correct. Hopefully when balance is redone(pipedream...), no more willing counselors will be running up to Jason and expecting to survive..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

Absolutely every new player should be placing 100% focus on refining their combat and initiating combat with Jason as often as possible,

Yes..   New players should be attacking Jason as much as possible.    Why even bother going for objectives when you can die in the first few seconds of the game.

4 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

 once they are proficient in it, it will allow them free reign to do as they like in the match. 

I've never seen anyone able to have free reign in a match to do what they like against a Jason player who knows what they are doing.

Jasons biggest weakness at the moment is GROUP beat downs.. Not 1 vs 1.

And you're sitting here acting like leaving the door open is good idea?  LMFAO.

 

YES.. Newbies, you heard it here. Leave the door open and attack Jason as much as possible.      Solid advice. :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

- Easy to shift into cabins

- Easy to walk into cabins with block up

- Easy to walk into cabins period

- Leaving doors open can screw over players who are trying to escape Jason and jumped into cabin.. Only to notice the doors are WIDE OPEN.

- Leaving doors open means they can be broken quickly by Jason (Meaning counselors won't have a 'wall'  when needed)

 

What do you got?

Sure.

- Easy to Shift into cabins = doesn't mean shit if you can't finish the job. If you can't grab the counselor on exit (which is more difficult in confined space) it amounts to nothing.

- Easy to walk into cabins with block up = yeah great, walk in with block up with your super slow movement in CS. I'm sure it will be difficult for any counselor (who all have greater mobility advantage than you) to avoid you slowly approaching them in block. If you knew anything at all, you would know block is best used as a fast counter based on a correct read (not pre-emptive).

-  Leaving doors open can screw over players who are trying to escape Jason and jumped into cabin.. Only to notice the doors are WIDE OPEN. = You know what else screws over counselors? When there is no easy access to a cabin, with both doors barricaded and no windows on entire sides of a cabin. Do you need me to you show you footage?

- Leaving doors open means they can be broken quickly by Jason (Meaning counselors won't have a 'wall'  when needed) = But do you know when they are actually needed? I can tell you. It is only when a counselor doesn't have a weapon. In which case, the faster they can get into a cabin and obtain resources / weapons, the better off they are. A cabin with an open door requires no entry anim, it can be entered instantly, and the door can always be barricaded if Jason suddenly pops up. There is absolutely no need to lock it beforehand unless it is Phone or Tommy house.

Satisfied? Seriously man, I don't know why you are still trying. Is the difference in skill and knowledge between us not immediately obvious to you? I have proven my worth here. What is it you have ever offered here that has been of any benefit?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

 

@HuDawg

@dandop1984 I have nothing against you, but it is misinformation that most cabins have an adequate amount of easily accessible (and ideally placed) windows. It is unfortunately absolutely incorrect which is exactly the reason why entrances / exits should not be blocked unless it is justifiable (which means Jason is close by).

As usual, I am more than happy to settle any disputes through direct challenge. Anyone is free to PM me so that this can be arranged. If a full, experienced lobby is needed that can also be arranged (although I would strongly advise against it).

 

I said most , not all.  have 3 or more windows. Some small cabins only have one, and I agree in that small cabins may be better off unlocked. Same goes for the main houses like Packinack. 

I prefer the cabins locked windows open strategy, as most players don’t play how You play. Any player good or bad can do well with keeping Most doors locked. Thus extending the survival of the whole group, and not just the select few like your self

Your strategy suits your play style, but you’re also screwing over other players. That’s assuming they are all not level 150 aggressive Vanessa’s. I’m sure in your high tier Jason killer groups it does wonders for you. 

I’m referring to the overall casuals and  also elite groups can do well with keeping doors locked, and windows open.

your strategy only seems to benefit yourself, and a select group of talented players

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

 

I said most , not all.  have 3 or more windows. Some small cabins only have one, and I agree in that small cabins may be better off unlocked. Same goes for the main houses like Packinack. 

I prefer the cabins locked windows open strategy, as most players don’t play how You play. Any player good or bad can do well with keeping Most doors locked. Thus extending the survival of the whole group, and not just the select few like your self

Your strategy suits your play style, but you’re also screwing over other players. That’s assuming they are all not level 150 aggressive Vanessa’s. I’m sure in your high tier Jason killer groups it does wonders for you. 

I’m referring to the overall casuals and  also elite groups can do well with keeping doors locked, and windows open.

your strategy only seems to benefit yourself, and a select group of talented players

Yup, this was the point i was trying to make too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dandop1984 I'm not disagreeing with you that low level casuals can be negatively impacted by certain tactics I endorse. But there is something to be learned here, which is - you don't play according to the lowest common denominator. It is up to them to improve their gameplay, whether that be by seeking out help or finding solutions on their own. If you are wanting to become as good as you can be at the game, then you do not play to the standards of those below you. Instead, you teach them and lead by example. There is nothing to be gained - for anyone - to employ tactics which will surely prevent you and them from progressing. Thus why I am blunt and harsh towards those that encourage lesser tactics because it does nothing but encourage sub-par gameplay. And for any advice I provide, I also back up with logic and experience - and actual evidence when necessary.

Think of it is this way - the meta was already figured out shortly after the game's release, and it has held up through all of this time. There is absolutely zero reason to have any kind of resistance to it. Combat has always been in counselor's favor and their greatest asset, so it is absolutely logical that they should focus and make use of it to its full extent. If you have a cooperative and knowledgeable group, that is your go to. If you are solo, then defensive kiting is the answer - but you need to be 100% competent in combat already so that you can successfully employ it when the need arises. The sooner you become proficient in it, the better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My general rules of thumb on doors is-

Small cabins- leave door open

L shaped cabins. Shut and barricade the doors. Stand in a position where you can see both doors.

Long cabins. Shut and barricade the front door and just shut the back door. Stand in a spot where you can see both doors. Usually there is a window in the front and no window in the back. If he tries to break down the door you have an easier escape out back. If he opens the back door you can jump out a front window. I don't like making side window exits if I can help it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Sure.

- Easy to Shift into cabins = doesn't mean shit if you can't finish the job.

Doesn't matter.. You're allowing Jason the chance to be able to easily shift in.

21 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

 

- Easy to walk into cabins with block up = yeah great, walk in with block up with your super slow movement in CS.

CS up walking in can block counselors looking for easy hits at the doorway.  Doesn't matter how slow Jason is, when counselors run out of stamina and need a hit.

21 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

-  Leaving doors open can screw over players who are trying to escape Jason and jumped into cabin.. Only to notice the doors are WIDE OPEN. = You know what else screws over counselors? 

Don't care..    The point still stands.

21 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

 

- Leaving doors open means they can be broken quickly by Jason (Meaning counselors won't have a 'wall'  when needed) = But do you know when they are actually needed? I can tell you. It is only when a counselor doesn't have a weapon.

Wrong....    So wrong its kind of funny.        But even if thats the case.  You're still fucked if you need a door, because it won't be there when you need it.

21 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

 

Satisfied? Seriously man, I don't know why you are still trying. 

Ya..  you sure showed me.   :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually lurk this forum, BUT seeing this I felt like I had to chip in with a pitch.

I have seen a huge increase in the number of “parties” playing the game that whenever it gets down to Jason and one counsellor would you believe it they don’t kill each other. They just stand facing each other for the remaining time, which is pathetic. Go into a private match and mess around to get a feel for it or even a rare quality, accept the fate of dying in a game and learning from it.

I have heard people in voice chat saying “No no that’s me! Someone else is at ________” and the Jason scooting to where they were told to go. I’ve also seen people trying to run other counsellors over in the cars, even seen one player get the boat and drive it into the middle of the lake to swim their way back to land. Why.

It is also ridiculously easy being Jason at the minute with this influx of new players. Counsellors don’t band together, so it’s eaaaaasy pickings. Even when they are in a group loaded with weapons it’s still easy going, someone always veers off from the group, mistimes an attack or whatever. Also none of them seem to know about the shack or the possibility of getting old Ma Voorhees’s sweater.

An ideal favourite is if I come across a group as a counsellor in a house, they will all use the go away or point emote. I love the arrogance to see them later die.

The big shift will happen when they all realise there is nothing to be afraid of and to just go about the objectives (if that’s how you play) and that getting chased by Jason isn’t game over just a minor annoyance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

oesn't matter.. You're allowing Jason the chance to be able to easily shift in.

And do what? If he cannot complete the motion then it is all for naught. And it is very easy to avoid a Shift grab indoors, there are simply too many obstacles for it to be reliable. At least outdoors, you can capitalize on a counselor sprinting away from the Shift by simply circling around them, until they either deplete stamina or randomly stumble which is a perfect opportunity for a grab. Not to mention - there are clear cues for both Stalk and Shift that allow a counselor to prevent Jason catching them unaware.

The rest of your post honestly misses the point on everything I said, and if you can't see that then it is simply unfortunate. I don't have any inclination to explain it all to you but any reasonable person can see that you are just clutching at straws. You are just looking for a +1 as all the others that came before you (and failed). If you really believe you know more about the game than I do, than you are very sorely mistaken.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

@dandop1984 I'm not disagreeing with you that low level casuals can be negatively impacted by certain tactics I endorse. But there is something to be learned here, 

I’m not denying combat is the counselors best tactic. I encourage it as well. I also know that not everyone wants to kill Jason, and only play Vanessa. So it’s not that I don’t agree with the meta, I just find it boring. Usually why I tend to go for car escapes as low stamina counselors.

I really don’t think locking some doors and opening windows is a sub par tactic. Nor does it take away from a player who wants to play aggressive. 

As Jason I’ve killed many counselors good and bad simply because a door was left open. 

 As a counselor I’ve been killed many times because some selfish Vanessa player who only cares about their pocket knife collection left a door open, only for me to land in Jason’s hand as I climbed through a window. 

As far as I can recall. I’ve yet to be killed because a door was locked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, surprised at the condescending attitudes toward players who lock doors, like we are some low IQ pond life. We are not worthy! we are not worthy! you elite players you! 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kohagan said:

Wow, surprised at the condescending attitudes toward players who lock doors, like we are some low IQ pond life. We are not worthy! we are not worthy! you elite players you! 

It seems to be an eternal dick measuring contest. There was me playing freely and for fun and now it appears I need to go back to school!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×