Jump to content
BeautyNumber2

Post-Playstation Plus Trends & New Meta

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Pyegow said:

I find lots of new players having a hard time finding the secret passage way to Jason's shack that I tell them about. 

Secret passage on what map?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Everything is situational.    But leaving doors open against a Jason who knows the pathing is just shifting made easy.

Sure, if you have no intention of of doing anything other attacking Jason.  Guess doors don't really matter.

 

Alls i know is, leaving doors open against me when playing as Jason has only ever benefited me.  So people have to be a special kind of stupid to leave it open when im Jason.   I can't speak for anyone else, but im sure most players that know how to stalk, shift, morph would love it if everyone would keep the doors open too.

I don't agree with his methods, but I understand why it works from his perspective. I suppose if everyone is working together and pushing objectives properly you wouldn't really need to worry about fortifying cabins as you'd be escaping before it would matter. Unfortunately that's not how things work in quick play lobbies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

I don't agree with his methods, but I understand why it works from his perspective. I suppose if everyone is working together and pushing objectives properly you wouldn't really need to worry about fortifying cabins as you'd be escaping before it would matter. Unfortunately that's not how things work in quick play lobbies. 

People that leave doors open put themselves and their team at a disadvantage. Whether they play aggressive or lone wolf it just makes Jason’s job easier.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

People that leave doors open put themselves and their team at a disadvantage. Whether they play aggressive or lone wolf it just makes Jason’s job easier.

 

This was a big debate a while back. As we have a large flock of newcomers, I expect it will be debated again real soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dandop1984 said:

People that leave doors open put themselves and their team at a disadvantage. Whether they play aggressive or lone wolf it just makes Jason’s job easier.

 

I don't disagree. But I also can respect a different view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

At times like this, be glad to be self-reliant, lol

here was my second match today as VANESSA:

  • cabin 1: found fuse
  • cabin 2: found keys
  • cabin 3: called tommy jarvis / found gas
  • dropped fuse off at fuse house, installed gas in 2-seater
  • cabin 4: found battery
  • installed battery and escaped in 2-seater with random level 1
  • IMMEDIATELY RETURN AS TOMMY JARVIS
  • bail out counselors about to get slayed by Jason. find battery #2
  • install battery in 4-seater
  • repair the fuse that i'd dropped off as vanessa and called the cops
  • take off across the map to grab gas someone had dropped in the middle of nowhere for some reason. 
  • inform everyone i had the gas so if anyone had keys, it was time to get to the 4-seater. 
  • install gas just as 4 other counselors show up. a player tosses the keys on the ground and says they suck at driving. no one else will pick them up. 
  • i drop my knife and spray for the counselor that didn't fit and tell them there should be another knife and spray by the water from my first escape.
  • drive three more out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, matisangry said:

here was my second match today as VANESSA:

....

The only thing left that would make this a perfect game would be to stay behind with one female and kill Jason, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

The only thing left that would make this a perfect game would be to stay behind with one female and kill Jason, lol

i don't think this group of randoms could have killed Jason even if he would have let them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, matisangry said:

i don't think this group of randoms could have killed Jason even if he would have let them. 

Oh, that is not true.  You sound like you'd be a competent Tommy, and given what happened in this game, the Jason isn't very good.  You lead a female to the shack, have her grab the sweater and hold the axe.  Tell her not to activate until you say so, demask Jason (if he wasn't already and should be easy if you have combat skills w/ machete).  Demask, drop the machete and tell sweater to pick it up thus dropping the axe for you (new players don't know how to drop weapons :rolleyes:).  Tell her to activate sweater (whatever button is your platform), then kill Jason.

We had a similar influx of n00bs on PC with the humble bundle last month.  I'm happy to say I helped many new players "earn" their first Jason kill, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

If you highlighted every part from the get go it'd make things incredibly boring. I'd use a high repair character with preparedness and have an objective done before Jason had shift.

I'm sorry, I didn't explain myself properly. 
I wanted to say that items when are inside the house should be less "hided" than now. Sometimes even me as seasoned player I struggle to see the gas tank when it is in the shadow in a little corner. It should be more bright, maybe even bigger. Imho if you enter in a house with a repair item you should understand that you have to pick it, that it is a part of the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BillyBallo said:

I'm sorry, I didn't explain myself properly. 
I wanted to say that items when are inside the house should be less "hided" than now. Sometimes even me as seasoned player I struggle to see the gas tank when it is in the shadow in a little corner. It should be more bright, maybe even bigger. Imho if you enter in a house with a repair item you should understand that you have to pick it, that it is a part of the game. 

Use flashlight in cabins. helps find the items better. I always doublecheck even after others have looted as items are always missed. Gas can has camo at times I swear!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Use flashlight in cabins. helps find the items better. I always doublecheck even after others have looted as items are always missed. Gas can has camo at times I swear!

This is not the point. The point is that half the players, even more when beginners don't repair cars and phone. Making items more visible inside the cabins can help. Also keeping weapons, sprays and knives in the cabin so that people don't waste time on camps or aroung the map and use their time repairing cars. 
Also, surviving and repairing should be rewarded. If you manage to survive and repair something you could get new emotes and new clothes. This would be a nice motivation to increase action on games imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BillyBallo said:

This is not the point. The point is that half the players, even more when beginners don't repair cars and phone. Making items more visible inside the cabins can help. Also keeping weapons, sprays and knives in the cabin so that people don't waste time on camps or aroung the map and use their time repairing cars. 
Also, surviving and repairing should be rewarded. If you manage to survive and repair something you could get new emotes and new clothes. This would be a nice motivation to increase action on games imho.

So what was your point? I thought you said people couldnt find the items. I gave you tips how to better that. Spread the love and teach. New players need guidance..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

So what was your point? I thought you said people couldnt find the items. I gave you tips how to better that. Spread the love and teach. New players need guidance..

I explained it in two messages. I'm sorry if you still don't get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BillyBallo said:

I explained it in two messages. I'm sorry if you still don't get it. 

Cool.. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2018 at 3:32 PM, GeneiJin said:

From my point of view, it's for defensive purposes.  When facing a good Jason that will capitalize off of any window climb/dive, if the doors are locked, it limits my options for entering the cabin depended on Jason's position to mine, what window I can climb or shouldn't, if shift is in cool down or not, and my current stamina reserve.  Ironically, locked doors this is actually more of a hindrance for slower and low stamina counselors than say Vanessa or Tiff.

I can understand why the more casual players will complain and see this as a problem, but then again the average Jason they are going against isn't optimizing his options ether.  Doors shut or not, against a brutal Jason, these players will be just as dead.

Perfectly explained, I have nothing to add. Your understanding of this concept is just one of the reasons why I encourage everyone to pay attention to your posts on here.

On second thoughts, I will add one thing in regards to capitalising on window damage for anyone who is unaware -

The strategy is as follows -
Herd counselors through broken windows by smashing cabin windows and leaving the door barricaded (or left intact providing the opportunity to barricade it). A non +Destruction Jason will need to deal 5 hits, and +Destruction Jason only 2 hits, for a door to be broken in 1 hit on return. With this method you are blocking counselor entrances to cabins and forcing them to take damage if they intend to enter the cabin. Thereby dealing damage when you are not even present, and if you are present, providing the opportunity for yourself to deal 50% damage which will cripple counselor and necessitate the use of 1 med spray (unless they have Thick Skin equipped). This is the main method to cripple counselors and waste health resources, and does not disadvantage Jason's pressure as only 1 hit will be needed to break the door on return. Additionally, there is no visible indicator of how many door hits are left after 50% door HP is lost. For max efficiency use light attack in combat stance vs door (console users should lightly tap R2).

As the title says - read the YT description for the full outline of the technique, damage values and its correct execution. Against a Jason who is aware of this tech, never enter a window in his presence as your climbing anim can be reset with a knife (leaving you back outside) or half your health will be deleted after vaulting. It is obviously much better therefore to enter an open, unbarricaded cabin - with no entry anim - and shut it on his face as his shifts towards it or to enter one of its rooms and block his passage. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

 

As the title says - read the YT description for the full outline of the technique, damage values and its correct execution. Against a Jason who is aware of this tech, never enter a window in his presence as your climbing anim can be reset with a knife (leaving you back outside) or half your health will be deleted after vaulting. It is obviously much better therefore to enter an open, unbarricaded cabin - with no entry anim - and shut it on his face as his shifts towards it or to enter one of its rooms and block his passage. 

Ya.. just shut in his face, just like that.   And risk getting melee slashed through the door... or shift beating the door getting shut.

Theres consequences for jumping through windows at the wrong time..  Just as there is for NOT shutting the door, and then shutting it when Jason is near it.  (Which should have been shut in the 1st place instead of the last second)

Its always better to enter through a window..after you break line of sight with Jason.  

 

55 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Perfectly explained, I have nothing to add. Your understanding of this concept is just one of the reasons why I encourage everyone to pay attention to your posts on here.
 

I highly suggest no one listen to you guys about leaving the door open for no reason.    Unless the goal is to make things easier for Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Ya.. just shut in his face, just like that.   And risk getting melee slashed through the door... or shift beating the door getting shut.

Yep, just like that. A skilled counselor will know the best opportunity for it, pay attention to their minimap, pay attention to Jason's ability cooldowns and a number of other factors which most likely go over your head every time. And if they do fail at closing it in time, at least they have not subjected themselves to guaranteed damage which they can do nothing about - and it's rare that such a counselor will get shift grabbed / slashed to begin with. A counselor who is skilled at combat will do just as well out in the open as they will inside a cabin.

Of course I can provide you with my own personal footage to back this up but I feel it would still somehow fail to prove the point for you. Close-mindedness is the most difficult obstacle to overcome on here afterall. It is unfortunate you haven't realized the very simple fact that barricading doors deletes options. You can still enter a window at the opportune time even in an unbarricaded cabin, but you 100% can't enter via the door if you need to. It's not hard to understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Yep, just like that. A skilled counselor will know the best opportunity for it, pay attention to their minimap, pay attention to Jason's ability cooldowns and a number of other factors which most likely go over your head every time.

I really don't really care if you think if it goes over my head.  Thats doesn't make me wrong and it doesn't make you right.    (Does prove my point AGAIN about your attitude of thinking you're the KING of this game and talk down to people who disagree with you)

Yes.. Diving through a window when Jason is on your ass usually results in throwing knife. (We all know this)  This is why you wait to break line of sight and crawl through the window and don't dive.  (We know this)

To sit there and act like leaving the door open and only closing it in his face when you need the door closed is backwards. As anyone who knows this game can punish players at windows and doors equally.  Close the door in my face, you get melee slashed just as diving through a window in my face gets a knife tossed in ya.  

Because for me.. I break down open doors in specific cabins if left open. (Since doors break easier when left open)  Which means, im already ready to shift into those cabins when needed.  Combined with Stalk, Morph then Shift.   You're just making it easy for the Jason player if you leave the doors open, especially against other players who make a last ditch effort to avoid Jason by jumping into a cabin. (And end up in a wide open cabin, because you THINK keeping doors open is a good idea)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

To sit there and act like leaving the door open and only closing in it his face when you need the door closed is backwards. As anyone who knows this game can punish players at windows and doors equally.

Because for me.. I break down open doors in specific cabins if left open. (Since doors break easier when left open)  Which means, im already ready to shift into those cabins when needed.  Combined with Stalk, Morph then Shift.   You're just making it easy for the Jason player if you leave the doors open, especially against other players who make a last ditch effort to avoid Jason by jumping into a cabin. (And end up in a wide open cabin)

 

You expose yourself here. It is not about leaving doors open to close it in his face when he Shifts. It is to allow yourself options, and based on what you've said it is clear you are not experienced in defensive kiting. How much clearer can I explain it to you? Any entrances / exits you block to Jason, you also block for yourself. A good counselor does not require doors to protect themselves, the cabins are simply for resources. A few more seconds in a cabin with Jason on your ass is not going to do wonders for your stamina - but you know what will? A direct hit to him. That is a guaranteed 50% of your stamina back instantly.

It is really very, very simple. Do not barricade doors pre-emptively. Barricade them in Jason's presence, not beforehand, not without any good reason. Not only do you disadvantage yourself, but you disadvantage every player who now must be forced into entry animations that will leave them vulnerable to damage or a direct grab. Or any player who gets stuck in a hallway with no other exits than a barricaded door - and this happens all the time because of players of your type.

Doors - leave them open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tommy86 said:

 A good counselor does not require doors to protect themselves, 

Yes they do.  Its to stop Jason from simply shifting into the cabin.

Good counselors do not require doors to protect themselves...?    Dafuk is this shit?     HahahhA

Love how you sit there forget that theres 6 other counselors in the game.  Who might also get caught off guard by the open doors because you just so happen to be born in a barn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Yes they do.  Its to stop Jason from simply shifting into the cabin.

Good counselors do not require doors to protect themselves...?    Dafuk is this shit?     HahahhA

Love how you sit there forget that theres 6 other counselors in the game.  Who might also get caught off guard by the open doors because you just so happen to be born in a barn.

Read, and re-read what I've posted. It may take a few tries before it finally sticks for you. Or maybe it never will, since let's face it you have been consistently hopeless at communicating anything about the game whatsoever. Immersed casual would be the most accurate description but all the more degrading since you’ve been playing probably since day 1 as I have. The difference between us however is virtually immeasurable. 

Make it easy on yourself, just ignore my posts. Then you won't have to be constantly embarrassed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leaving doors open, just gives Jason the chance to stalk shift inside the cabin to surprise the counselor. I’ve done this so many times against aggressive high level Vanessa’s.

Even if leaving the door open gives the counselors more options, it equally gives Jason’s more options. 

I’ve  injured many counselors by slashing through a door that they try to close in my face. 

Most cabins have 3 or more windows to climb out of, so there’s lots of options. Except for some small cabins, and in those situations just stun Jason, or juke and go out the door once he breaks it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

It is really very, very simple. Do not barricade doors pre-emptively. Barricade them in Jason's presence, not beforehand, not without any good reason. Not only do you disadvantage yourself, but you disadvantage every player who now must be forced into entry animations that will leave them vulnerable to damage or a direct grab. Or any player who gets stuck in a hallway with no other exits than a barricaded door - and this happens all the time because of players of your type.

Doors - leave them open.

Such truth here.  For those who can't deal with having the door open while you're inside, close the door but don't lock it.  All it does creates a wall for counselors locked.  A good example where you may want to barricade per-emptively is if you plan on grabbing the sweater alone and want temporarily refuge in a cabin near by.  Make sure you open ALL windows if the doors are locked.

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Read, and re-read what I've posted. 

No point..  I disagree with what you're saying.    And thats bottom line.


So either deal with it or not. 

Leaving the door open against me when im Jason..  Its just making my job easier.  So by all means, keep preaching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×