Jump to content
BeautyNumber2

Post-Playstation Plus Trends & New Meta

Recommended Posts

So after a week or so, what have you noticed are the new trends in gameplay with the newer players? The game meta has shifted drastically as entire lobbies are new players trying the game for different reasons. With so many new players, completing objectives is taking much longer if at all. I’m seeing considerable amateur mistakes casual gamers are making, causing the match to be harder than it needs to be. Fortunatley, the newer Jasons are having a really tough time too which has made the lobbies very much a sandbox experience. Overall, the matches are highly unpredictable with few of the objectives or once predictable patterns occurring. Here’s what I noticed:

Huge increase in mics being used!

Players not closing doors/keeping windows shut

Cabins not properly searched/ repair items overlooked

The cops are rarely called if ever; Players confused as to what to do with the fuse or not knowing the process

TJ rarely being called (which I love! Sick of TJ sns)

Rarely is the sweater taken

Campsites completely overlooked... more loot for me!

Lots of “bot behavior” i.e., hiding in clear sight of Jason, wandering around with no weapon, or swimming into the water

Jason players not using their powers efficiently or at all

What have you noticed?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed that about every other game ends early because the Jason has a tantrum at not being able to catch anyone and quits 😂

However, that might have something to do with me leading him all over the map just out of reach, occasionally booping his snoot with a baseball bat for shits and giggles.

Even though Jason seems to waste all of his time tunnelling me ABSOLUTELY NOTHING gets done by the other players.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait till they realize how it easy it is to bully Jason by only playing as the speedy counselors and how easy it is to kill him.

Makes me laugh when Wes mentioned how they should've thought about the meta game more in his recent tweet.

If only...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Wait till they realize how it easy it is to bully Jason by only playing as the speedy counselors and how easy it is to kill him.

Lol i ended up being Jason in a lobby with FIVE noob Vanessas. I thought to myself.. oh lawdy, revenge is gonna be sweet. Then chopped them all up ^_^

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrLeatherface said:

I've noticed that about every other game ends early because the Jason has a tantrum at not being able to catch anyone and quits 😂

However, that might have something to do with me leading him all over the map just out of reach, occasionally booping his snoot with a baseball bat for shits and giggles.

Even though Jason seems to waste all of his time tunnelling me ABSOLUTELY NOTHING gets done by the other players.

Nnnnnn ha. I felt bad for every newb Jason that took my bait each time to distract. I run hypochondriac and medic and had 3 med sprays so i let one believe I was limping for good and he went in for the kill and I healed and took him on a tour, he took me to limp 3 or 4 times yet never grabbed me so I hope he learned something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Badly placed traps. People are either leaving them open exactly where they found them or lying right in the middle of the floor where you wouldn’t expect them to be. 

Also, a lot more people hiding in closets and under beds. I just act like I can’t hear them breathing and save them for later. Too easy. 

Also, a lot of people running around thinking they can hurt each other. I had one noob chasing me around and trying to hit me and missing. This was on the Pinehurst map so I went to the barn and grabbed the gun out of the closet, aimed it directly at his head for about ten seconds. The guy actually stopped and he went away. Too funny!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Players not closing doors

Bless their hearts. They already know not to do it instinctively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You really need to cover more ground now and go back into cabins that haven't been searched properly.

Gas tanks and batteries are being overlooked or the new players simply don't want to give up their weapons for them. They don't pick it up to flag it on the map for others either. 

In some ways, all of this has freshened the game up for long time players imo lol. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Bless their hearts. They already know not to do it instinctively.

And bless speed looters while we're at it.  ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Bless their hearts. They already know not to do it instinctively.

While I can appreciate your arguments for not fortify a cabin newbies definitely should. They'll never have the combat/kiting skills to pull it off early. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Jason I’ve stopped morphing to the phone or car, and just skip the shack knives and morph straight to the big cabins and spawn kill people.

Last game I had I was part 4 and I killed everyone without using a single trap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

While I can appreciate your arguments for not fortify a cabin newbies definitely should. They'll never have the combat/kiting skills to pull it off early. 

Is there even a reason not to?.    It even screws over other players who may have Jason on their ass

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kohagan said:

You really need to cover more ground now and go back into cabins that haven't been searched properly.

Gas tanks and batteries are being overlooked or the new players simply don't want to give up their weapons for them. They don't pick it up to flag it on the map for others either. 

In some ways, all of this has freshened the game up for long time players imo lol. 

They'll learn. Give them time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Is there even a reason not to?.    It even screws over other players who may have Jason on their ass

 

 

Based on his play style I understand why he feels it's a waste of time as he prefers a more offensive minded approach. I don't agree with his method, but I can see where he's coming from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Based on his play style I understand why he feels it's a waste of time as he prefers a more offensive minded approach. I don't agree with his method, but I can see where he's coming from.

From my point of view, it's for defensive purposes.  When facing a good Jason that will capitalize off of any window climb/dive, if the doors are locked, it limits my options for entering the cabin depended on Jason's position to mine, what window I can climb or shouldn't, if shift is in cool down or not, and my current stamina reserve.  Ironically, locked doors this is actually more of a hindrance for slower and low stamina counselors than say Vanessa or Tiff.

I can understand why the more casual players will complain and see this as a problem, but then again the average Jason they are going against isn't optimizing his options ether.  Doors shut or not, against a brutal Jason, these players will be just as dead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

From my point of view, it's for defensive purposes.  When facing a good Jason that will capitalize off of any window climb/dive, if the doors are locked, it limits my options for entering the cabin depended on Jason's position to mine, what window I can climb or shouldn't, if shift is in cool down or not, and my current stamina reserve.  Ironically, locked doors this is actually more of a hindrance for slower and low stamina counselors than say Vanessa or Tiff.

I can understand why the more casual players will complain and see this as a problem, but then again the average Jason they are going against isn't optimizing his options ether.  Doors shut or not, against a brutal Jason, these players will be just as dead.

I remember the open debates on this issue months ago. I have a feeling history will repeat itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I remember the open debates on this issue months ago. I have a feeling history will repeat itself.

Well, given the usual members that posted here already (including myself :P), you hunch is spot on. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

Well, given the usual member that posted her already (including myself :P), you hunch is spot on. LOL

Sad but true lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here's what i've noticed from other counselors:

huge increase in players not securing doors.

every cabin needs to be double checked because most cabins are half-looted. 

camp sites are never searched.

nothing gets repaired (unless i fix it... as vanessa) ESPECIALLY the phone. no one even bothers calling jarvis.

big increase in people following me around or following me in to cabins. 

as for jasons go... they don't trap objectives and they don't morph when skill checks are failed (and as vanessa, i fail a lot of 'em). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, matisangry said:

here's what i've noticed from other counselors:

huge increase in players not securing doors.

every cabin needs to be double checked because most cabins are half-looted. 

camp sites are never searched.

nothing gets repaired (unless i fix it... as vanessa) ESPECIALLY the phone. no one even bothers calling jarvis.

big increase in people following me around or following me in to cabins. 

as for jasons go... they don't trap objectives and they don't morph when skill checks are failed (and as vanessa, i fail a lot of 'em). 

At times like this, be glad to be self-reliant, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not their fault. Items for repairing should be highlighted and not nearly hided inside cabins. They are the core of the game... Items on campfires are a bad idea, it just empties drawers and make people go desperately inside every cabin without shuting doors. Loothing is frustrating sometimes and it should not be like that. 
The game needs also a proper tutorial. I've learnt playing it by watching youtube streamers... That should not be the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BillyBallo said:

Not their fault. Items for repairing should be highlighted and not nearly hided inside cabins. They are the core of the game... Items on campfires are a bad idea, it just empties drawers and make people go desperately inside every cabin without shuting doors. Loothing is frustrating sometimes and it should not be like that. 
The game needs also a proper tutorial. I've learnt playing it by watching youtube streamers... That should not be the case.

If you highlighted every part from the get go it'd make things incredibly boring. I'd use a high repair character with preparedness and have an objective done before Jason had shift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

At times like this, be glad to be self-reliant, lol

I've been self-reliant since day one. I trust only those I know I can count on.

3 hours ago, BillyBallo said:

Not their fault. Items for repairing should be highlighted and not nearly hided inside cabins. They are the core of the game... Items on campfires are a bad idea, it just empties drawers and make people go desperately inside every cabin without shuting doors. Loothing is frustrating sometimes and it should not be like that. 
The game needs also a proper tutorial. I've learnt playing it by watching youtube streamers... That should not be the case.

I agree that a tutorial would have been a nice touch. I disagree with highlighting the repair items from the start. Part of the fun of the game is finding the parts yourself.

43 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

If you highlighted every part from the get go it'd make things incredibly boring. I'd use a high repair character with preparedness and have an objective done before Jason had shift.

I was thinking easier or predictable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find lots of new players having a hard time finding the secret passage way to Jason's shack that I tell them about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 5:04 PM, thrawn3054 said:

Based on his play style I understand why he feels it's a waste of time as he prefers a more offensive minded approach. I don't agree with his method, but I can see where he's coming from.

Everything is situational.    But leaving doors open against a Jason who knows the pathing is just shifting made easy.

Sure, if you have no intention of of doing anything other than attacking Jason.  Guess doors don't really matter.

 

Alls i know is, leaving doors open against me when playing as Jason has only ever benefited me.  So people have to be a special kind of stupid to leave it open when im Jason.   I can't speak for anyone else, but im sure most players that know how to stalk, shift, morph would love it if everyone would keep the doors open too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×