Sign in to follow this  
Methodicalize

Friday is alive and well!!!...

Apparently the PS+ Free game of the month has worked wonders in increasing interest in the game.
With the multiplayer aspect and tons of people getting into it, Friday is alive and thriving!
Today we hit a record viewing on my stream with 379 active people and it felt so good to see Friday thriving.

There have been good and bad moments, but moments like these help give the game some life + hope.

So many people are looking for insight and interested, it is a really nice feeling with being a diehard of the game.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

The f13 reddit is what loads when I go to reddit. I usually just scroll see if anything new is happening and go on. Last couple months have been slow but I noticed when that released the traffic on posts and comments increased. Some of this is also due to the news that Id rather not discuss. Lol

It is cool to see a bunch of new blood getting associated and interested.
It's like new life on the game and there is a ton of  excitement in the atmosphere over the game.

Hopefully things keep rolling for us!

Damn @Methodicalize 379 active viewers? Congrats. I've been seeing some new players on the PC side as well. It's been a breath of fresh air. 

• Like 1

Nice for now and great for those on PS4 platform, (we had a similar uptick of new players when F13 was offered on Humble Bundle on Steam last month).

• Like 1

Hate to be pessimistic but enjoy it while it last. This might be the swan song in terms of player count. No where left to go after giving the game way for free.

• Like 3

I'm happy with it, for the way the viewing has been overall for streamers and the way things have taken off... I'll take it gladly!

379 active was for my stream alone, not the entire community. We also had over 100 streaming at one time on Twitch alone.

I'm not really buying that it's alive and well unfortunately. Feels more like an adrenaline shot to the arm to a terminally ill patient. I can't fathom how this game will last when the spike of PS Plus player who decide to buy the game and slasher edition buyers wears off. It would if they continued to sell clothing packs, kills etc etc but it doesn't seem like that will be happening regardless of the other days verdict. 

46 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I'm not really buying that it's alive and well unfortunately. Feels more like an adrenaline shot to the arm to a terminally ill patient. I can't fathom how this game will last when the spike of PS Plus player who decide to buy the game and slasher edition buyers wears off. It would if they continued to sell clothing packs, kills etc etc but it doesn't seem like that will be happening regardless of the other days verdict. 

I don't understand what you mean by ps plus players decide to buy the game? 

It's free forever if you download this month. 

Of course you'll see some come and go but tbh before the psn drop I'd constantly find myself in lobbies of level 30 and under. 

I think the games always been healthy on ps4, but now more than ever. 

28 minutes ago, kohagan said:

Of course you'll see some come and go but tbh before the psn drop I'd constantly find myself in lobbies of level 30 and under. 

Ahhh right. I was sure I read that it was free for only October. I do realise it normally means that it is free to download for a month and then keep and play whilst you are a subscriber - but I thought this was a one month deal...so people who wanted to continue playing would buy after October? What's the point in making the game free forever? I guess to try and rinse out DLC sales from as many players as possible before they shut the servers. Sales must've really dipped.

5 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

Ahhh right. I was sure I read that it was free for only October. I do realise it normally means that it is free to download for a month and then keep and play whilst you are a subscriber - but I thought this was a one month deal...so people who wanted to continue playing would buy after October? What's the point in making the game free forever? I guess to try and rinse out DLC sales from as many players as possible before they shut the servers. Sales must've really dipped.

It’s free as long as you add it to your library and you are a ps plus subscriber.

6 hours ago, kohagan said:

I think the game will always have a hardcore player base. I just don’t see many new players coming in after October 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

Yeah sorry I meant that it is available to download to your games library for psn subscribers just for October, but after this month is over, then any subsciber who didn't download it in this period would have to buy it. 

Once you have it in your library you've always got it but still need a psn subscription to play any game online.