Purience

Are you a FIGHTER or a RUNNER ?

As I always play Tiffany...I'm a runner who rarely fights unless trapped in a bathroom or if another counselor is grabbed near me and I have a weapon

friday-the-13th-the-game-jason-wielding-weapon-facing-girl.jpg

What are you?

I try to avoid Jason every match and mostly fix objectives I rarely fight Jason....except when trying to stun him when attempting to get the car started or restarted...or phone repaired or cops called.

Exactly, that's what I am. I NEVER purposely fight Jason unless I absolutely have to. If I can run and get away to safety, I will, without question, every time. If I'm trapped, or trying to get away but out of stamina, and Jason's right on me, then and only then, will I fight him, period.

If I'm going for the kill it's fight on. Otherwise I fight if I need to. Otherwise I'll loop Jason around the cabins to waste his time or run out the clock. 

Runner, not much of a fighter as the game feels ‘better or more fun’ when it’s not a beat the giant with large number of ways to kill you. I wish their were more modes that made combat fun, ideally against bots but it’s not likely. 

Combat is the only part of this game that still alludes me. I suck at it miserably. Plus, I prefer the thrill of the chase.

I will swing in moments of desperation (which usually leads to my demise) or when I'm with a group/helping a fellow counselor.

I like to run right to Jason and crack him a few times and then when he grabs me I blame the developers and quit mid-kill and go back to fortnight!

• Confused 1

For real, when solo, it's really going to depend on the Jason.  Size up Jason's player first, to get an idea of what you can get away with.  Some Jasons aren't a threat, I can get stamina from him anytime I want.  Against better Jasons, landing a clean hit isn't free, so low-risk kiting is the better choice until you need to think about landing a hit.  You going to have think though, condition, and wear down his reactions, because once a bad swing is made, you WILL BE PUNISHED.

• Like 2

Running works better... at least against a skilled Jason. Unless someone needs help killing Jason... then running does not work quite as well... But I don't take part in beating on the noobs either way... frustrating new players does not bode well for the small player base. Then again... I have certainly frustrated some new (and veteran) Jason players by simply running away from them without even carrying a weapon for most of the game on many occasions. 

Depends on the counselor RNGzeus selects for me. If it's someone like Brandon, Adam and the like... I'll try and keep Jason focused on me while the others try to get the repairs done/call Tommy/Call the Police. If I'm one of the repair type, I'm try and stay away from Jason and repair objectives.

80 percent run. 20 percent fight. I attempt to avoid Jason if I can and fight when I have to. Typically fighting a solid Jason player is a battle of attrition. 

11 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

For real, when solo, it's really going to depend on the Jason.  Size up Jason's player first, to get an idea of what you can get away with.  Some Jasons aren't a threat, I can get stamina from him anytime I want.  Against better Jasons, landing a clean hit isn't free, so low-risk kiting is the better choice until you need to think about landing a hit.  You going to have think though, condition, and wear down his reactions, because once a bad swing is made, you WILL BE PUNISHED.

Pretty much this...I don’t actively beat on Jason unless I REALLY want his attention. I try to preserve whatever weapon I have for as long as I can.

Although I don’t like playing male counselors because they have a longer swing animation and it seems as though they have a longer recoil on the swing as well. I much prefer the girls swing animation.

Just now, JennyMyers1984 said:

Pretty much this...I don’t actively beat on Jason unless I REALLY want his attention. I try to preserve whatever weapon I have for as long as I can.

Although I don’t like playing male counselors because they have a longer swing animation and it seems as though they have a longer recoil on the swing as well. I much prefer the girls swing animation.

hmmm interesting. I never really noticed there was a difference. Ill have to check that out

Depends on situation, I'm fighter when I have to be that. Mostly I try to make escape options, so I'm normally jogging around looking for parts. But, if I see Jason is chasing someone I'll run interference for them. Fight Jason till I get to a cabin, then kite. Probably 60% Run, 40% Fight.

90% avoid/run and focus completing objectives. I main AJ and I've found that if I'm not doing the work it's not getting done.  I'll fight if I need to, and if I think team members can pull of a kill I'll help.  I do not agree with bullying tactics, as other posters have noted I'd rather not discourage new players from trying out the game. If I think the team is toxic I won't help them. 

Runner, definitely. I main Eric, so my perfect game is fixing as many things as possible before escaping without ever once encountering Jason. I'll try to fight if I have to, but I'm not great at it so it's mostly a last resort if I'm cornered or out of stamina. 

19 hours ago, Tiffany said:

Combat is the only part of this game that still alludes me. I suck at it miserably. Plus, I prefer the thrill of the chase.

I will swing in moments of desperation (which usually leads to my demise) or when I'm with a group/helping a fellow counselor.

This sums me up too. 

I consider myself a survivor. I will do whatever it takes to survive the night, run, fight, hide, or escape. Especially with all the new players, I am always the final girl, giving the children a masterclass in how to play. You have to know when to run, when to turn and atrack, when to risk not healing til the last minute, which window to open quickly and whether or not to jump through or to just climb in, etc. lately I’ve been playing as a hero helper, saving everyone so at times I’ve been stalking Jason to make sure he’s not killing everyone. Keeping others alive keeps you alive. When everyone does in the first 4 minutes that’s a lot of pressure to survive for 15 minutes even against a mediocre Jason. I find that best counselors are well rounded and know they have to switch it up to live. 

• Like 1

I'm both when it's necessary since my main player is Kenny. I like to throw in a little protection/savior role in the mix too.

Basically I just like to play like the final guys from the movies lol. My influences comes from Part 7: A New Blood and the fan film NHA. I'm a mix between Nick and Kyle.