3 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Ahab plays the same style as I do, to the letter. Except I'm not a smoker, lol. I also don't use medic, but will gladly run to a limping counselor to heal with my only spray. If I see someone is getting attacked by Jason,  and they're not an asshole. I will intercept, even if I'm martyred. I will give up my seat to let lower level players escape, then fight Jason to give them time. Especially if I'm TJ. I never try to kill low level Jason players, unless they're teaming. Then I'll gleefully go all out to preserve the sanctity of our beloved game.

And don't start smoking either... nasty habit that one. Hard to quit too.
   Dealing with low level teamers can be amusing, particularly if they don't know what they are actually doing. On more than one occasion, I have had one guy in a car trying to run me over and Jason on my ass at the same time... while they freely admit that they are teaming... and I am almost always the last one alive when this shit happens.
   Cars are easy to avoid on foot, even with a skilled driver. They are not very maneuverable and all you really have to do is stay away from open areas and keep any object that will stop a car between yourself and the car... a tree, a rock, a stump... Even with the Jason after me as well I have run out the clock on a few of these teamers. Or got Tommy called to take some pressure off myself so I can get the cops called... This way, not everyone has to wait until the clock runs out while I run circles around them until the cops arrive. I have also done this to a few more experienced teamers as well... when they get frustrated, many of them freely admit to teaming as it is no longer ban worthy and they know it. But those sweet times when the teamers get so frustrated that they rage quit... that is priceless.
   I have been through quite a few matches like this that were utterly hilarious for everyone in the afterlife club, even after the frustration of being killed by the teamers... but I rarely think to record my games... and when I do, nothing cool like this ever happens. 

4 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Ahab plays the same style as I do, to the letter. Except I'm not a smoker, lol. I also don't use medic, but will gladly run to a limping counselor to heal with my only spray. If I see someone is getting attacked by Jason,  and they're not an asshole. I will intercept, even if I'm martyred. I will give up my seat to let lower level players escape, then fight Jason to give them time. Especially if I'm TJ. I never try to kill low level Jason players, unless they're teaming. Then I'll gleefully go all out to preserve the sanctity of our beloved game.

It's nice to see a counselor that's not self-centered.

• Thanks 1

On 10/3/2018 at 4:03 PM, Purience said:

WHEN GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO ESCAPE IN THE CAR...

Do you look for others before leaving? 

Will you run over people who block you from leaving? 

Will you "bolt" as soon as Jason is near?  leaving others about to enter the car

Will you stop at the exit and wait for others to jump in if you're alone ?

Do you always bring car parts, the moment they're found, to the car as fast as you can?

Do you protect people installing car parts?

Do you push people out of the way to enter the car?

Do you feel entitle to the car if you've installed the parts?

Do you always work on the 4 seater first?

Do you run away if Jason stops the car OR help fight/distract him?

1.) Yes, but every time I stop for a beggar it always ends badly for everyone in the car. 

2.) Fortunately, I haven't had to run anyone over yet, I don't want the loss of points for betrayal. 

3.) Yes. Unless Tommy and sweater girl are around to chase him away you are not stopping Jason long enough to get the car up and running. Better to try and lead him away and come back later.

4.) I will stop at the exit for anyone who wants to escape. If the other counselors are just bullying Jason then I just leave. That's how I earned my "Chad is a dick" trophy.

5.) Yep, I immediately install any car part I find at the start of the match. 

6.) Yes

7.) No, I have been pushed out by two Vanessas after repairing it though.

8.) Kinda, but I don't cry about it. 

9.) No, I work on whatever is closest first. If I have the keys I prefer the two seater. Less crushing weight of responsibility when driving. 

10.) If I have a weapon I will try to free the driver, who is usually Jason's target. I bolt if I have nothing, and I won't hang around if it's obvious that car isn't going to be moving anytime soon.

32 minutes ago, Ahab said:

but I rarely think to record my games... and when I do, nothing cool like this ever happens. 

Nice thing about the PS4 is you can hit the share button after the match and capture the last game played. I started doing this more often whenever I see a strange glitch or have a really exciting round of play.

• Thanks 1

Mostly pick up as many as I can, although if they’re high level and dicking around I don’t bother.

Try not to but I’ll run over a troll to save other people.

Will you "bolt" as soon as Jason is near?  leaving others about to enter the car

Only trolls, other people I pick up or juke and come back for them.

I like to fill the car up, if someone is waiting by an exit or the main road I’ve hopped out and let them take my seat. Then go fix the other car.

Do you always bring car parts, the moment they're found, to the car as fast as you can?

No, I do things in an order that gives me the most benefit, time is the most valuable thing early in the game, if the part is convenient to put on then it gets done but otherwise, I have searching and prep work to do. 

Yes, although generally that means just protecting myself. I run Mitch with Firecracker perk, so I can multitask.

Rarely, or never if trolls don’t really count as people.

No, but I talk like it’s my car after I’ve installed a part and will trade PK’s for car keys, as I like to drive.

Not if it’s to far away, traveling takes up to much time early in the match, leaving areas unsearched. Circumstances can dictate that I’ll lug a part to the four seater but if I find the battery in the first cabin and the two seater is ‘between’ me and the next cabin, I toss it in the two seater. I can normally find the second battery if need be. 

Entirely depends on the Jason, Counselors and how the car is stopped. Other objectives can be pushed if a melee breaks out at the car. Fighting should be a last resort. If we’re pushing to get the car started that’s a different story, I’ll stun Jason to get the car moving then worry about wether I can get in or have to go with a different option. 

Hope that's what you were hoping to hear, interesting questions and a good thread.

29 minutes ago, Ahab said:

And don't start smoking either... nasty habit that one. Hard to quit too.
   Dealing with low level teamers can be amusing, particularly if they don't know what they are actually doing. On more than one occasion, I have had one guy in a car trying to run me over and Jason on my ass at the same time... while they freely admit that they are teaming... and I am almost always the last one alive when this shit happens.
   Cars are easy to avoid on foot, even with a skilled driver. They are not very maneuverable and all you really have to do is stay away from open areas and keep any object that will stop a car between yourself and the car... a tree, a rock, a stump... Even with the Jason after me as well I have run out the clock on a few of these teamers. Or got Tommy called to take some pressure off myself so I can get the cops called... This way, not everyone has to wait until the clock runs out while I run circles around them until the cops arrive. I have also done this to a few more experienced teamers as well... when they get frustrated, many of them freely admit to teaming as it is no longer ban worthy and they know it. But those sweet times when the teamers get so frustrated that they rage quit... that is priceless.
   I have been through quite a few matches like this that were utterly hilarious for everyone in the afterlife club, even after the frustration of being killed by the teamers... but I rarely think to record my games... and when I do, nothing cool like this ever happens. 

Right! I hate teamers, don't care what their lvl is really. Low lvls, annoy me. But, high lvl teamers must die in glorious fashion for the League of the recently deceased. My best one was pretty similar to your example, but there was a lvl 11 Tiffany who had just bought the game 4 days earlier with my Tommy in a QP. "Why are they doing this?" She asked. "Because they're asshole, basement dwellers who thrive from other players misery." I said. One was driving the two seater, he ran me over with the car I fixed and gave to him... Unfortunately, for him and his girlfriend Jason. I returned as Tommy because the rest of the lobby left. So I jumped in Tiffany's cabin and told her when I get in the car to run and get in quickly. So, I went out the back window and snuck up behind Jason to stun him. Then took off to the next cabin, where the two seater could follow. I was all over the place, zig zagging around to draw him in then jumped through a window as he crashed into the cabin. He backed up, then jumped out. When I was in the lobby I had noticed he was carrying a trap, and had caught two others for Jason to kill. So I took a chance, and he obliged. He was setting a trap outside the only open window on that side when I run out the back door, jumped in the car and ran him over. He quit immediately, and his buddy Jason was pissed! Calling me trash, saying I would get banned as I laughed. Drove right by him, he morphed badly giving Tiff the chance she needed and we were off. "Let's get out of here." She said. "Fuck that! You got Tommy Jarvis in the car with you, and we're killing this creep!" And we did, he almost quit out before we finished but wasn't fast enough so she got her first kill! Welcome to Friday the 13th the game, lol!

36 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

It's nice to see a counselor that's not self-centered.

Thank you! I've been max lvl for so long, it's more exciting for me to help new players and make sure they're having fun at this point.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Thank you! I've been max lvl for so long, it's more exciting for me to help new players and make sure they're having fun at this point.

That's the only way to keep the player base going strong.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

That's the only way to keep the player base going strong.

Right! I'm having a blast with these new players, they get scared! And I just can't help but recall when I was new to the game, and terrified. It didn't last long, but I really enjoy giving tips to them and telling them that I was scared at one time too. I actually love running up out of nowhere to clobber Jason and free a counselor, then yell "Run!" And they scream, and freak out! I love this game man, nothing else like it! Plus being a huge F13 fan all my life helps I suppose. Lol.

Just now, Redrum138 said:

Right! I'm having a blast with these new players, they get scared! And I just can't help but recall when I was new to the game, and terrified. It didn't last long, but I really enjoy giving tips to them and telling them that I was scared at one time too. I actually love running up out of nowhere to clobber Jason and free a counselor, then yell "Run!" And they scream, and freak out! I love this game man, nothing else like it! Plus being a huge F13 fan all my life helps I suppose. Lol.

That makes two of us. Keep spreading the good vibes in-game.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

I can't speak for the rest of you, but I know I've suddenly become a much better player now that a lot of new folks have come on board ... lol

I used to just kind of give up once Jason locked on to me. Lately I've had my moments where I've been an all-star. Led Jason on a chase from one end of Pinehurst to the other to run out the clock with AJ once, and another time successfully evaded him for 3-4 minutes with an out of stamina Eric. Even I could see the mistakes I was making along the way, but they didn't pick up on them. Afterward, the newbies were giving me props in the lobby for a good run, which it was, but all I could do was shrug my shoulders and say, "Aw shucks, guys."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday i made friends with a young girl on Mic. Played a few games with her. When it was her turn to be Jason she killed me just before I got to the car with the gasoline. I came back as Tommy, picked up the gasoline and car keys from my main's corpse, got dragged out of the car. The penknife gave me just enough time to start up the car then I reversed the whole way to the exit leaving her powerless to stop me. She then said she was leaving because of me lol

46 minutes ago, Bonker2468 said:

I can't speak for the rest of you, but I know I've suddenly become a much better player now that a lot of new folks have come on board ... lol

I used to just kind of give up once Jason locked on to me. Lately I've had my moments where I've been an all-star. Led Jason on a chase from one end of Pinehurst to the other to run out the clock with AJ once, and another time successfully evaded him for 3-4 minutes with an out of stamina Eric. Even I could see the mistakes I was making along the way, but they didn't pick up on them. Afterward, the newbies were giving me props in the lobby for a good run, which it was, but all I could do was shrug my shoulders and say, "Aw shucks, guys."

I have noticed that running the clock does seem to be easier now, lol. Spent most of yesterday giving Jason’s lessons on when to break windows, when to throw knives if they give you their back after jumping in a window, how to shift into the cabin and let them lock themselves in with you. It was great fun.

As for the rest of this thread, I’m glad so many of us are trying to make sure the new players have a good time. This game has gotten noticeably less trolly.

It depends on what others do. If I've been chased by Jason all the time and manage to repair the car by myself I will go out alone.
If other helps I try to pick them up.
Generally, if I'm in a 4-seater I try to pick up at least 2 people but they have to play nice and collaborate. 
I don't mind to kill someone if he deserve (Jason helpers, sabotating trolls etc)

I try and help out when I can, especially with new players. But sometimes you just gotta watch out for yourself and ensure your own safety if you're looking to win.

1. Do you look for others before leaving?

2. Will you run over people who block you from leaving?

3. Will you "bolt" as soon as Jason is near leaving others about to enter the car?

4. Will you stop at the exit and wait for others to jump in if you're alone?

5. Do you always bring car parts, the moment they're found, to the car as fast as you can?

6. Do you protect people installing car parts?

7. Do you push people out of the way to enter the car?

8. Do you feel entitled to the car if you've installed the parts?

9. Do you always work on the 4 seater first?

10. Do you run away if Jason stops the car OR help fight/distract him?

1. Usually

2. Without hesitation, yes (well only if them blocking me is intentional)

3. Rarely, usually my plan is to gain a little distance between myself and Jason to give others enough time to get in

4. Usually, or I'll circle back and try to pick them up

5. If possible, if Jason is on me at that moment I'll mark the part for later

6. Yes

7. Have I? Yes, but not anymore (that I can remember anyway)

8. I main Chad, so if I fix that car with a 2/10 repair while the repair counselor(s) did fuck all - that's my car

9. Depends on what car was closer to the part I found or what car is closer to being completed

10. Fight as long as I have a weapon

I always bring the fuse to the phone house if I find it (I have all the static locatiins for the fuse house memorized and I can determine where it is depending on where I found the fuse)

I always bring parts to cars, and if no one else is there, I will risk doing the repair.

I defend people repairing objectives and defend the phone box with my life if Jason is present when it gets fixed.

I pick up any counselor that doesn't take forever to leave their cabin and get in the car.

I wait at the exit for more people if the car isn't full.

I stall for time if my time needs it.

I tank traps to waste Jason's morph if a seperate objective is about to be worked on.

If someone is injured, I will spray them. If they need help, I will stun Jason a few times. However, if it gets to a point where I am babysitting them, I usually let them die since I am not trying to break every weapon on the map while risking my own life.

I'll give the designated sweater girl all of my goodies (Med Spray, Pocket Knife) as well as defend her so that she doesn't have to resort to wasting those goodies until I die.

29 minutes ago, Ahab said:

@Redrum138 That was hilarious... thanks for the story. I got a good laugh out of that and wish I could have seen it happen.

That was this time last year, yeah it was awesome! Solo QP, at like 2 am eastern time. I wish I would have added that Tiffany player, or recorded the match. The crash into the cabin shocked them, I knew the asshole was gonna try to trap me and he never saw it coming. Tiff was dancing inside the other cabin to keep Jason focused, and I guess the car had bounced back from the cabin enough that the asshole setting the trap never heard Tommy starting the car. Of course he was running his mouth, so he might have been the cause of his own demise. He never made a sound, other than the shit talking he was doing. He died mid insult, haha! So, I drove up the road a bit. Then braked into reverse on his shift, as I doubled back and picked up Tiff Jason said WTF! She was so excited, then we drove to the shack and she ran in. When he morphed in I charged at him. One heavy hit from CS, then another when he was standing for recovery and I got the mask off. Then she used the sweater. I laughed manically as I dropped Jason. And right as I pressed X I could hear the Jason player pounding buttons, attempting to spew obscenities in some indecipherable lost language. Tiff player even said "That's what you get!" It was probably the single best moment in game ever for me, lol!

• Like 1

It depends on the match. There are too many variables at play to say if I play like a nice guy. Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don’t. I prefer to play nice, but that all depends upon others. 

4 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

It was probably the single best moment in game ever for me, lol!

Awesome!... The best moments stick with you forever.
   Their overconfidence was their undoing! And perhaps the fact that they couldn't hear what you were doing over their own mouths running off. If more people could pull this kind of thing off... there may even be less teamers around.
   From here we will witness the final destruction of their alliance... and the end of their insignificant teaming!

• Thanks 1

That story is why players need to stick around after they die and spectate. If I wasn't watching him trap the counselors, that whole thing wouldn't have worked! Lol

• Like 1

After putting up with either stupidity, cheating, or outright bad sportsmanship from most random players for soooo long, I will admit, I no longer seek to help others as much any more as I once did.  I have a clip of a recent incident with admitted party chat users (as Jason & the other a counselor) trying to 1-up the lobby, but I got out instead:

• Haha 1

@RustInPeace Given the circumstances... I don't see that you did anything wrong in that video... The message at the end shows how rude some people can be, and your reply was nothing but truthful. Jason just morphed to your location... and it was not a +water speed Jason... so as long as he was not in the water beside the boat after you got it started, he had no chance to catch you... a Part 2 Jason might have regenerated morph in time to get ahead of you... but that was not old bag head.
   Not sure how she figures he was following you... he came because of repair failures. For the times you used your map and looked at the list of players, we could plainly see he was across the map dealing with others, and close enough to the only car to know the gas screw up was on the boat. Its a shame circumstances did not allow for you to wait for her... I would have done the same thing in the same circumstances. The boat does not allow for you to safely circle around to pick up other people while Jason is fully aware of what you are doing and close by.

But remember, just because people are in another chat program, does not always mean they are using it to cheat. Sometimes people are having a private conversation with friends, which is hard to do when everyone else can hear you. Teaming is not a ban worthy offence anymore, its not like they have to hide it either way.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

But remember, just because people are in another chat program, does not always mean they are using it to cheat. Sometimes people are having a private conversation with friends, which is hard to do when everyone else can hear you. Teaming is not a ban worthy offence anymore, its not like they have to hide it either way.

Exactly. Most of the time I play with a friend of mine and were always in party chat. We never tell each other information when the other is Jason. We just enjoy bullshiting while playing. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 9:03 PM, Purience said:

1. If you’re on the way then hop in, if you freed me from Jason’s grasp hop in, if you are on the other side of the map and I’m feeling spicy hop in. Totally situational.

2. 100%, you’re either part of the solution or part of the problem, quit being part of the fuckin’ problem.

3. Depends on the feel of the randoms in the lobby, if you’re all a bunch of trolls or use the emote to tell me to get out of your cabin then you may get the Tokyo Drift theme tune ready.

4. See answers 1 and 3.

5. Always, my primary objective is to survive and in the event of my death if my repaired car helps you survive it feels like a victory.

6. I play A.J so people protect me but I will defend if needs be.

7. If I have repaired the car and you come tea-bagging your balls across the horizon looking for a spot then out the damn way. If I have done nothing to the car then I am entitled to no space and no survival that way.

8. See previous answer. You would be surprised how seriously I take “fair is fair”.

9. I work on whatever is closest to myself at the time of spawning in.

10. Depends on the lobby, usually if you are decent then I will do my part but again if you’re an asshole then to use Jurassic Park as an example, you are the goat and Jason the dinosaur.