Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Here's the latest tweet from Wes for those who missed it:

 

As for what that means your guess is as good as mine.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, makred78 said:

Here's the latest tweet from Wes for those who missed it:

 

As for what that means your guess is as good as mine.

sounds like they are looking for answers as much as we are...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

sounds like they are looking for answers as much as we are...

 

Maybe this is why they did not make any statement themselves yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

The horror inc statement still says "certain" content not all content, which still leaves me scratching my head about uber jason... ?

And the other kill packs for part 6 and 8....and Grendel map and really puts into question the whole can’t add a bush or a tree ? statement since that “certain” content has nothing to do with The original f13 movie.

 

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

sounds like they are looking for answers as much as we are...

I hope that is the case but someone ....(hint hint @ShiftySamurai )could come on to  the forum and say that!

you know a post that says “we are still investigating  all potential avenues as to the new ruling..... stay tuned as we work through the new legal red tape.”

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

And the other kill packs for part 6 and 8....and Grendel map and really puts into question the whole can’t add a bush or a tree ? statement since that “certain” content has nothing to do with The original f13 movie.

That statement was before the ruling. They didn't want to take any chances because no one had any idea on how it could go. After latest news, in my previous post, I asked a question about what could the devs possibly do now...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, makred78 said:

Here's the latest tweet from Wes for those who missed it:

 

As for what that means your guess is as good as mine.

This is such a BS tweet. Why not OFFICIALLY state that you don't have prepared your own statement yet? 

There may be GRAAAAAAAAY regarding the legal stuff, but this doesn't apply to the non-existant level of communication... At this point it is just insulting. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, makred78 said:

Here's the latest tweet from Wes for those who missed it:

 

As for what that means your guess is as good as mine.

Well whatever it is, it doesn't seems like he's saying it's a definite "no" on more content, so I'll take it as something rather than nothing. It's also better than being hit with news that'll be disappointing again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think, (well only speculating of course) the root of the problem has to do with how much content GUN used from the 1st film. I mean look at the virtual cabin for god sake. Also Mrs.Voorhees is used quite a bit as well. Now obviously this stuff was all added in way before the lawsuit stirred up. But I think because of all this, if gun where to implement new content. Especially content that would have to be paid for. I believe Victor Miller maybe entitled to that now. I could be wrong but that to me is my feelings about reading in to all this. Why GUN has completely avoided making new content such as JasonX which has nothing to really do with the first movie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still would like to see a picture of the C&D Order if they even got one that is. Also lets be honest that some blame should go towards the people in this community with everyone being so toxic. Is it better? Maybe...but at least I don't come here everyday and see everyone being toxic or in the steam forums which while I still see it happening, it is not everyday much anymore. I'm not going to point fingers at anyone or call BS on what they might say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

What makes you think quite a while? I'm more inclined to believe they're going to pull the plug as soon as sales from this PS Plus month and the slasher edition have spiked? :(

I've asked about offline saving for unlocked content for months now and haven't ever received a response. So I'm sure they'll crap on us with that one. People won't forget.
 

Got to agree that the tone changed drastically after the games release (and success) and then again this May, when no new DLC was announced. The backers always seemed like an afterthought after May 2017. This game would've been barebones without the millions of dollars generated from Kickstarter and Backer-kit. 

We all know that they could shut things down at any time. I just feel that it's gonna be a while. I'm not talking 10 or 15 years, but I'd like to believe at least a year or so. Rather than throw a pity party, I'm gonna enjoy the game. I encourage others to do the same.

As far as offline console saves, I'd holding out hope that it will be a thing. I'm not gonna hound the developers about if and when. If it comes, I'll be happy. If not, then I'd cope with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vaporeonlover971 said:

I still would like to see a picture of the C&D Order if they even got one that is. Also lets be honest that some blame should go towards the people in this community with everyone being so toxic. Is it better? Maybe...but at least I don't come here everyday and see everyone being toxic or in the steam forums which while I still see it happening, it is not everyday much anymore. I'm not going to point fingers at anyone or call BS on what they might say.

A toxic community created by ignoring the legitimate complaints of the most active members being disregarded and then mocked. 

When I joined ten months or so ago, I bumped heads with those long time community members BoB in particular. The pubs were actively hostile to his attempts at improving the game, so much so that he became hostile to new members who were no different than him six months before I joined. The community lead, doesn’t seem to know how to do his job and has left the forums to grow wild. Some of the mods have been actively hostile to other long time members to the point where they quit. All these things are what make this place or community toxic, I think you should place at least some of the blame at Guns feet. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well now with this new release statement from horror inc everyone can see what many of us members were saying at the beginning of the whole lawsuit no dlc crap. I’m waiting to hear what @wes has to say now and whose fault it is that we did not get the promised content. Gun should make good on their promises even if they have to wait to make more money from project ME LIES. Many people have offered to help financially including myself and we proved that the community would be willing to help out. Was the whole #savecrystallake hash tag for nothing?i know that gun love this game but I think that pride is in the way. There’s nothing wrong with admitting you failed and asking for help. Hell I started this endeavour by donating over 600 dollars to a guy named @Randygbk that I never met but I believed in what he was saying. I was very scared about giving up this money to trust a little Kickstarter campaign by a company named @GunMedia  it I had faith in what they wanted to do and of what they promised they would try to do. As the years went on and the game finally started to show me things like the virtual cabin. I started to get more and more excited and then release came. Still awesome, but as the game started crashing and breaking more and more with each update guns attitude started to change towards us blind backers and the new people that bought the game. They got quiet and started to focus on other things and finally  announced that there will be no more dlc because of the lawsuit. Now that we know the lawsuit never did affect the game and they have never proved that they received a C&D order. Blaming horror inc or victor miller does not work. Own up and be truthful with us.  I know you guys care about this franchise you can see it in all the details.  I just think they lost their love for making the game from all the set backs that they have had. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That statement was annoying and childish.

 

They tried to Make Victor the bad guy, and gave no definite answer about "certain" content for the game.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I’m saying is they ruled that Jason the supernatural killer in the hockey mask is NOT in anyway tied to the ruling in favor of Mr. Miller, who in my opinion deservedly won. That said to me means that Uber Jason and Grendel should not be off the table as they are not part of the original film.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

A toxic community created by ignoring the legitimate complaints of the most active members being disregarded and then mocked. 

When I joined ten months or so ago, I bumped heads with those long time community members BoB in particular. The pubs were actively hostile to his attempts at improving the game, so much so that he became hostile to new members who were no different than him six months before I joined. The community lead, doesn’t seem to know how to do his job and has left the forums to grow wild. Some of the mods have been actively hostile to other long time members to the point where they quit. All these things are what make this place or community toxic, I think you should place at least some of the blame at Guns feet. 

Some of us oldies are still here. But I agree, Gun neglicated this community until it became a dumpster fire and their solution to put it out was to add gasoline.

3 hours ago, Armani? said:

That statement was annoying and childish.

 

They tried to Make Victor the bad guy, and gave no definite answer about "certain" content for the game.

 

Agreed. Horror Inc could always try something new until everything is finalized in the suit. I would like to see a Roy/Joey sequel now. Joey needs to come back and avenge Roy's death. Reggie better lookout 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

 Some of the mods have been actively hostile to other long time members to the point where they quit.

By some, that means me. There's nobody else on the mod team who's as blunt as I am.

I'm not hostile, but I do get tired of repeating myself dozens of times and each time, less sugar coating comes on my responses. People paint me to look hostile by talking when I'm not around, like they're doing on Reddit. Think I'm toxic or hostile? Go see what they decided to say about me there and tell me I'm the bad guy.

I'll just say it straight. Some people got too pissed off for their own good with the no more content announcement and that's when the forums started going down hill. Just because of that announcement, certain users thought the rules no longer applies to them. Then it escalated until they got themselves banned.

To reiterate once more: I'm not hostile, but I'm blunt and straight up about things. Sorry if you think I'm mean or nasty, but I'm not. When we used to play on Xbox, nobody had anything bad to say about me. Now that we've been made to look the bad guys, nobody is interested in playing anymore and half of them I haven't even said anything to. I'll let you judge on what's fair here, people should judge me based on their own opinion and not base it on what some other people are insisting I am.

By the way, I used to spend hours making free animated signatures for forum users. If I were mean or hostile, I wouldn't have made a single one.

(Not aimed for you personally @Slasher_Clone, this is just a general statement to whomever reads it)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kodiak I pretty much agree with you.

I think the biggest frustration comes from either the lack of info, or the lack of knowledge. Even I dont understand where we are at the moment therefore a simple clarification to a few issues would help alot..

1. Victor owns the script for the first movie,  including Crystal lake, Pamela and "baby"-Jason/Josh. If I understand correctly these are basically the only things that cannot be used without a settlement of somekind?

2. Horror inc. owns the title Friday the 13th, the adult hockeymasked killer and the surrounding "universe". Therefore what in the world is preventing the devs from creating new content around this scenario? I just dont understand..

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lasse_hei said:

@Kodiak I pretty much agree with you.

I think the biggest frustration comes from either the lack of info, or the lack of knowledge. Even I dont understand where we are at the moment therefore a simple clarification to a few issues would help alot..

1. Victor owns the script for the first movie,  including Crystal lake, Pamela and "baby"-Jason/Josh. If I understand correctly these are basically the only things that cannot be used without a settlement of somekind?

2. Horror inc. owns the title Friday the 13th, the adult hockeymasked killer and the surrounding "universe". Therefore what in the world is preventing the devs from creating new content around this scenario? I just dont understand..

?This statement is dead on.

No info on this will continue to upset the community until it devolves into the mess of negativity/attacks on the developers it was during the no new content posts.

If Gun is unable to respond to the officially  “Grey” Horror INC statement /or unable to produce new content based on the other films or just completely unwilling to..... just let us know clearly...... 

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kodiak said:

By some, that means me. There's nobody else on the mod team who's as blunt as I am.

I'm not hostile, but I do get tired of repeating myself dozens of times and each time, less sugar coating comes on my responses. People paint me to look hostile by talking when I'm not around, like they're doing on Reddit. Think I'm toxic or hostile? Go see what they decided to say about me there and tell me I'm the bad guy.

I'll just say it straight. Some people got too pissed off for their own good with the no more content announcement and that's when the forums started going down hill. Just because of that announcement, certain users thought the rules no longer applies to them. Then it escalated until they got themselves banned.

To reiterate once more: I'm not hostile, but I'm blunt and straight up about things. Sorry if you think I'm mean or nasty, but I'm not. When we used to play on Xbox, nobody had anything bad to say about me. Now that we've been made to look the bad guys, nobody is interested in playing anymore and half of them I haven't even said anything to. I'll let you judge on what's fair here, people should judge me based on their own opinion and not base it on what some other people are insisting I am.

By the way, I used to spend hours making free animated signatures for forum users. If I were mean or hostile, I wouldn't have made a single one.

(Not aimed for you personally @Slasher_Clone, this is just a general statement to whomever reads it)

My comment wasn’t directed at you either, I haven’t had an issue with you being hostile but then I think we both know which particular mod I was referring too. @Truth, was a pain in the ass but I liked our interactions here in the community and few people have tried to save this dumpster fire more than him. (No offence @Brigadius we all remember your efforts as well.) 

I’m not going to list off everyone, shouldn’t have started in the first place, but the people who have been here know who has worked to keep this place from truly burning out of control. Their are very few of us left who still believe this ‘toxic’ community can be repaired, I’d like to think that you’re part of the group @Kodiak

PS. Didn’t you give me two warning points, maybe you have been a little hostile, lol.

edit, no just one warning point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Brigadius said:

 

Agreed. Horror Inc could always try something new until everything is finalized in the suit. I would like to see a Roy/Joey sequel now. Joey needs to come back and avenge Roy's death. Reggie better lookout 

 You'd think Reggie would theoretically be one of the easiest things to get in the game since he has nothing to do with Part 1 or this legal dilemma on who owns Jason. Neither are in Part 5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Armani? said:

 You'd think Reggie would theoretically be one of the easiest things to get in the game since he has nothing to do with Part 1 or this legal dilemma on who owns Jason. Neither are in Part 5. 

Almost as easy as adding Muffin. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

A toxic community created by ignoring the legitimate complaints of the most active members being disregarded and then mocked. 

When I joined ten months or so ago, I bumped heads with those long time community members BoB in particular. The pubs were actively hostile to his attempts at improving the game, so much so that he became hostile to new members who were no different than him six months before I joined. The community lead, doesn’t seem to know how to do his job and has left the forums to grow wild. Some of the mods have been actively hostile to other long time members to the point where they quit. All these things are what make this place or community toxic, I think you should place at least some of the blame at Guns feet. 

Pretty much. I haven't had any issues with the mods personally (disagreed with some of their decisions, but when do you agree with somebody 100% of the time). So much of the toxic behavior has, at least in part  come from the feeling that we keep being lied to. A good portion of the people I've interacted with here would have done whatever they could to help this game and community grow. But how many times can you be lied to or misled before you no longer have that kind of good will? Lack of communication and being misled when there is communication has done alot of damage. Not saying that there weren't any toxic people here but those two things certainly didn't help.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...