After Miller terminated copyright, the usual procedure would have been for Cunningham and company to reach out and try and settle (all according to Larry Zerner).

They sued instead. I might come across as cynical and all of this is speculation, but did they reach out after the lawsuit turned into a court case? Before? There is this feeling that the settlement got interesting once it became a distinct possibility the judge might rule in favour of Miller.

One thing is for certain, there is no easy answer to any question regarding the lawsuit. I'm firmly in the Camp that takes The "No-new-content" Statement at face calue. This doesn't render the whole ruling meaningless, however, for this is essential to the future of this franchise. 

I don't believe for a second Miller refused to discuss a settlement. He's made it clear he doesn't care about the creative direction of the franchise. He only wants a cut of the profits. If Cunningham came to him with a reasonable settlement offer I guarantee Miller would except it.

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

I don't believe for a second Miller refused to discuss a settlement. He's made it clear he doesn't care about the creative direction of the franchise. He only wants a cut of the profits. If Cunningham came to him with a reasonable settlement offer I guarantee Miller would except it.

The key word here is "reasonable"...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

The key word here is "reasonable"...

True enough. But there would certainly have been a counter offer.

20 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

True enough. But there would certainly have been a counter offer.

I would have loved to have been a fly on that wall when the settlement was offered.

Oh, according to the subreddit post, Shifty posted on discord that the horror inc. statement is also Gun's statement. Which is really stupid and at the same time disappointing.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

Oh, according to the subreddit post, Shifty posted on discord that the horror inc. statement is also Gun's statement. Which is really stupid and at the same time disappointing.

I guess that answers that.

14 hours ago, ZillaMeister said:

Could you post a screen grab, ZillaMeister?

@ShiftySamurai, just wondering if this was true?

I thought we had turned over a new leaf on the whole posting to the forums thing. I would be incredibly disappointed in you, if you were avoiding your own forums. 

If you want to solve Guns. PR problems, this doesn’t seem to be a good way to go about it. Our patience shouldn’t be taken for granted. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Could you post a screen grab, ZillaMeister?

@ShiftySamurai, just wondering if this was true?

I thought we had turned over a new leaf on the whole posting to the forums thing. I would be incredibly disappointed in you, if you were avoiding your own forums. 

If you want to solve Guns. PR problems this doesn’t seem to be a good way to go about it. Our patients shouldn’t be taken for granted. 

Check the links there, read comments at your leisure. I guess that's it then. Just gotta enjoy the game while it lasts.

• Like 1

Some of us tried telling you guys not to get your hopes up. That you would be disappointed in whatever statement they made. I'm ok with no new content. I don't base a game's repeat play-ability on whether or not new content is created. I have all the Jason's and counselors I need. I just want the remaining glitches and bugs fixed. I still play games from 10+ years ago when you just got the base game and that was it. Nothing else on the horizon. With the new influx of PC and PS4 players it's been a breath of fresh air. I didn't even want Uber or Grendel map. I didn't think Uber looked all that great and Grendel looked like it would be a nightmare playing Jason with the narrow corridors.

15 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:
Check the links there, read comments at your leisure. I guess that's it then. Just gotta enjoy the game while it lasts.

Thanks man, lots of us appreciate when other members of the community take the time to post things here, it’s us or no one apparently. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

The only things left now is to wonder about:

A. How long will the servers stay on? (It's likely to be quite a while.)

B. Will offline console saves for the unlocked content happen once the servers go offline? (Not an issue to worry about at the moment, but something that will eventually have to be addressed. The other thing is whether or not the "no new content" issue will pop up in that discussion.)

So once again, the company neglects the people who were at the forefront of making their game successful.

We all knew what the "announcement" would be; it's not the content of the message that is disappointing.  It's that after several rounds of "no, we promise we're going to communicate better from now on; seriously this time," we're right back to relying on forum members to find second-hand information.

Seriously Gun, if you hate the forum so much, shut it down.  You've made it clear for a while now that your backers and early adopters are a nuisance to you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The horror inc statement still says "certain" content not all content, which still leaves me scratching my head about uber jason... ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Fair Play said:

The only things left now is to wonder about:

A. How long will the servers stay on? (It's likely to be quite a while.)

B. Will offline console saves for the unlocked content happen once the servers go offline? (Not an issue to worry about at the moment, but something that will eventually have to be addressed. The other thing is whether or not the "no new content" issue will pop up in that discussion.)

What makes you think quite a while? I'm more inclined to believe they're going to pull the plug as soon as sales from this PS Plus month and the slasher edition have spiked? :(

I've asked about offline saving for unlocked content for months now and haven't ever received a response. So I'm sure they'll crap on us with that one. People won't forget.

1 hour ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

So once again, the company neglects the people who were at the forefront of making their game successful.

We all knew what the "announcement" would be; it's not the content of the message that is disappointing.  It's that after several rounds of "no, we promise we're going to communicate better from now on; seriously this time," we're right back to relying on forum members to find second-hand information.

Seriously Gun, if you hate the forum so much, shut it down.  You've made it clear for a while now that your backers and early adopters are a nuisance to you.

Got to agree that the tone changed drastically after the games release (and success) and then again this May, when no new DLC was announced. The backers always seemed like an afterthought after May 2017. This game would've been barebones without the millions of dollars generated from Kickstarter and Backer-kit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

The horror inc statement still says "certain" content not all content, which still leaves me scratching my head about uber jason... ?

That’s what I don’t get. How do you release a “official statement” that’s open to so many different perceptions without having someone from Gun come here and explain it?

Depending on how you read the statement, it could mean zero new content or new content that doesn’t pertain to the original work of Miller. 

I’m still on the side of there will be no new content, but this statement hasn’t done anything more than cause unnecessary confusion. @ShiftySamurai, can we at least  get someone from Gun in here to end the confusion and say no more new content one more time?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

That’s what I don’t get. How do you release a “official statement” that’s open to so many different perceptions without having someone from Gun come here and explain it?

Depending on how you read the statement, it could mean zero new content or new content that doesn’t pertain to the original work of Miller. 

I’m still on the side of there will be no new content, but this statement hasn’t done anything more than cause unnecessary confusion. @ShiftySamurai, can we at least  get someone from Gun in here to end the confusion and say no more new content one more time?

Couldn't agree more. All it's done is cause confusion across all social media platforms. It was a highly ambiguous statement. How difficult is it just to clear up a few frequently asked questions on the matter? People would just appreciate some transparency and honesty. Yes, we heard no new content in May - but not all the playerbase are copyright lawyers or directly involved in the case...so this ruling seems to have made new content for things not pertaining to Victor Miller's ownership possible... i.e. the use of "certain content" in the statement. Even Horror Inc said they will be moving forward aggressively with new projects that don't pertain to elements from the original screenplay themselves.  All it's done is muddy the waters. No one's expecting @wes or @ShiftySamurai to give us an indepth case study of the legalities of the case, just some more clarification from their side of things in relation to recent events i.e. why a clothing pack or kill pack can no longer be released? Even DLC counselors? All of this comes from a genuine place of passion for the game - from everybody. It's not a Gun Media witchhunt. People just want to hear from the developers they've become familiar with over the last three years.

• Like 4

Of course there will be no new content, but "Uber Jason" as he is named and referred to, should be able to be added. It does not relate to the first movie. They just aren't going to do it.

“While the ruling does not prevent Gun from continuing to sell and operate the existing game, it may complicate adding certain content to the current game in the future.”  This statement says it all, I understand it as Gun could have released more DLC before the ruling and now with the ruling it (key word here kids) MAY complicate adding certain content. 

• Like 1

The things that puzzle me now that Victor owns the original script, including Crystal lake, Pamela and apparently the name Jason (originally Josh...?). Horror inc. owns "Friday the 13th" and adult hockeymasked killer. Content realeased before the exp. date is also leggit. Why cant they develope and release new content that is not from the "original script"? Example: Uber and Grendel? Or camp forrest green and an unspecified hockeymasked killer? There should'nt be any judicial obstacles? 

they could add so much more... later film maps... counselors… weapons... clothing packs (unfortunately not the camp counselor outfits from the original)... kill packs... add some additional environment kills to online mode, like the stop sign and "scarecrow"...

don't get me wrong. I love this game. It's my favorite... there is just so more that could flesh it out...