We were told there would be a statement "early [this] week" regarding the lawsuit, etc.

The early part of the week has come and gone; is there going to be a statement?  

I'm sure it will be of the "still no change" variety, but I wish they'd just go ahead and do it.

See Gun, there are a lot of haters out there...but there are also a lot of people who truly love what you've made.  We want to hear what you have to say, but when delays are followed by disappointments, even those of us who love the game turn sour.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I just want to know what’s up? Waiting sucks, and unless it’s amazing news, the waiting will only make us all more bitter.

#savecrystallake, for real this time Shifty. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

According to larry zerners twitter he said they will not be adding content. Why not just say nothing will change? Better sooner than later! Go ahead and let us down again !  We are use to it. 

• Haha 3

I've been checking social media and the forums all week for this and it still isn't here. I know it's not gonna amount to anything but I gotta have closure and just enjoy the game while it still functions.

8 minutes ago, Whitebabyjoker said:

You should know better now than to believe Gun when they say something is coming out. Early next week of course means Friday at 3pm.

This Friday or the Friday After Next. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

This Friday or the Friday After Next. 

the next friday the 13th. 

• Haha 1

Well Wes mentioned the statements and press releases have go through the rights holders first so I assume that means Gun Media is still in talks with either Horror Inc/Cunningham and they're just waiting on the information from them.

27 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Well Wes mentioned the statements and press releases have go through the rights holders first so I assume that means Gun Media is still in talks with either Horror Inc/Cunningham and they're just waiting on the information from them.

Fine.  I understand that.  But when you say you'll release something early in the week, is it too hard to take 5 minutes to let the people know that you're still waiting on the official info?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Tbh it isn't the first time they've been late with an announcement. I'm expecting the announcement itself to just be a repitition of what we've already had, with more flowery platitudes like "we know you guys love this game" and "we were hoping too"

• Thanks 1

I think they should be allowed to put out the kill pack and the pajama pack as a last DLC and a farewell to the game. Granted, it wouldn't be Jason X or Grendel, but it's clearly content that's either already finished or mostly finished. It sounds like a typical Gun move. A kill pack with a clothing pack with new emotes. Not exactly the most satisfactory of options but if they are ever allowed to do new content I feel like this would be a move they'd make. 

Perhaps it's just coincidence or my god-given talent of over thinking everything, but doesn't it seem strange that there are so many 'horror-related' happenings going on of late?  I mean we have the return of Jamie Lee Curtis and Michael Myers to the big screen just in time for Halloween, the return of the beloved horror publication Fangoria (complete with the aforementioned horror icon gracing the cover) and now the ruling on this case coming so close together; not to mention the developers being a little more active on social media in the last few days with giveaways, etc.   

Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but it seems like GUN waved goodbye and washed their hands of the prospect of future DLC long ago so unless there is a retraction on that front coming what type of statement would really need to be made and what sort of clarification would require it to go through the IP holders, etc. first?  Why rile up an already uneasy fan base during the month of all things spooky if there was no good news to report?   

From a monetary perspective there would be no better time than the present, when All Hallows Eve is fast approaching, to re-invigorate a slowly dying fanbase with some much needed 'new blood'.  I get that the ruling may be just the beginning but it seems like more stands to be lost from an appeal than gained (at least in my minimal understanding of the legal system and law of averages).  All parties could stand to make more money by moving forward and getting this franchise back on its feet. Perhaps we need Mr. Jarvis to dig up the 'hockey mask wearing killer' one more time and bring him back from the dead? 

One final thought... if the use of Crystal Lake is truly off the table (due to the recent judgement),  it is a good thing that Camp Forest Green is well established in the lore with Part VI. (my personal favorite of the series).  A new map with that locale in mind would be awesome!    Cheers fellow campers!  

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, 8bitbobby said:

to re-invigorate a slowly dying fanbase

I disagree...the fan base is going strong...better than I expected...on weekends servers are packed!!!!   This game has a replay value even greater then GTA..esp once the game breaking bugs get fixed

1 hour ago, 8bitbobby said:

Perhaps it's just coincidence or my god-given talent of over thinking everything, but doesn't it seem strange that there are so many 'horror-related' happenings going on of late?  I mean we have the return of Jamie Lee Curtis and Michael Myers to the big screen just in time for Halloween, the return of the beloved horror publication Fangoria (complete with the aforementioned horror icon gracing the cover) and now the ruling on this case coming so close together; not to mention the developers being a little more active on social media in the last few days with giveaways, etc.

It's probably a coincidence. I'm looking forward to the new Halloween movie though.

21 minutes ago, Purience said:

I disagree...the fan base is going strong...better than I expected...on weekends servers are packed!!!!   This game has a replay value even greater then GTA..esp once the game breaking bugs get fixed

Every game has some kind of replay value to someone. This game is more enjoyable if the lobby is full of people that play the game as intended.

1 hour ago, 8bitbobby said:

From a monetary perspective there would be no better time than the present, when All Hallows Eve is fast approaching, to re-invigorate a slowly dying fanbase with some much needed 'new blood'.  I get that the ruling may be just the beginning but it seems like more stands to be lost from an appeal than gained (at least in my minimal understanding of the legal system and law of averages).  All parties could stand to make more money by moving forward and getting this franchise back on its feet. Perhaps we need Mr. Jarvis to dig up the 'hockey mask wearing killer' one more time and bring him back from the dead? 

campers!  

Sean Cunningham via Horror Inc. already released a statement saying they WOULD appeal, and they would be pursuing the development of a new film based on what rights they do own (i.e., parts 2+). Now, whether or not they will be able to secure financing and distribution to that clusterfuck of an idea remains to be seen.

4 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

Update from Wes's twitter.

https://twitter.com/weskeltner/status/1047585417875415040

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Rights holders should have something today. But again, I don’t control their schedules. Please be patient. <a href="https://t.co/et50Zffs9r">https://t.co/et50Zffs9r</a></p>&mdash; TheStacheSlasher (@weskeltner) <a href="https://twitter.com/weskeltner/status/1047585417875415040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 3, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Thanks man, glad you’re here to keep us posted.

And I’d just like to say welcome to all the new member who have taken the time to post. The game is on life support but as long as we’re all posting it’s not dead.

23 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

At least we know we're waiting on the powers that be. That's better than nothing.

I’m glad it was posted, should have been done on here but maybe (hopefully) they’re busy. It’s more than ‘better than nothing’, but I get what you’re saying. I think we should be patient, at least they know we’re waiting and that should tell them something about how successful this game could be if it was to rise from the dead. 

21 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’m glad it was posted, should have been done on here but maybe (hopefully) they’re busy. It’s more than ‘better than nothing’, but I get what you’re saying. I think we should be patient, at least they know we’re waiting and that should tell them something about how successful this game could be if it was to rise from the dead. 

I'm all about patience. That's why I haven't lost my cool about the waiting for this statement.

5 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Sean Cunningham via Horror Inc. already released a statement saying they WOULD appeal, and they would be pursuing the development of a new film based on what rights they do own (i.e., parts 2+). Now, whether or not they will be able to secure financing and distribution to that clusterfuck of an idea remains to be seen.

They never said they would appeal.

They said they were considering all their options, including an appeal.