@Alien_Number_Six, does this person you're referring to have a white name or red name? I think I know who you mean, but that would be an admin rather than a mod. Two separate teams.

Horror Inc doesn't want Miller to get any money.

Ā 

That's their position. Anything involving Jason, not just Kid Jason, could end up being owned by Miller and he'll get paid for it in the future because of the uncertainty of who owns the character of Jason Voorhees. They called him "hockey masked killer". Lol

On 10/5/2018 at 5:31 PM, makred78 said:

Here's the latest tweet from Wes for those who missed it:

Ā 

As for what that means your guess is as good as mine.

Tbh this tweet mildly annoyed me, it came across as a rather trite and obnoxious attempt at an answer.Ā šŸ˜•

What i mean to say is rather than clarifying things like, "We'll give you guys an update once we've personally managed to work things out" or "Right now we're just as unsure of what this might mean for the game as you are" they go for the usual.

Personally, i'm not getting my hopes up, since Miller winning the first round i've believed that GUN wouldn't go back to this game. A bit maudlin i know, but i've no real hopes for seeing new content or the existing content being released

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

@Alien_Number_Six, does this person you're referring to have a white name or red name? I think I know who you mean, but that would be an admin rather than a mod. Two separate teams.

Which post I am confused. I only made one post on this thread.Ā 

6 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

My comment wasnā€™t directed at you either,Ā I havenā€™t had an issue with you being hostile but then I think we both know which particular mod I was referring too.

There's only 4 mods and if wasn't me you're referring to, it wouldn't likely be any of the others so it must be an admin.

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

when do you agree with somebody 100% of the time. So much of the toxic behavior has, at least in partĀ  come from the feeling that we keep being lied to.

There are two instances where people agree 100% of the time.

1. The person you are agreeing with really knows what the hell they are talking about, and can back it up with solid facts.

2. People are mindless sheep.

The toxicity seems to stem from a few sources.

1. People are upset about feeling deceived/lied to/strung along/disappointed.

2. People have a sense of entitlement and feel "Because I'm so and so, I deserve such and such".

3. People have really bad anger issues and need some professional help.

At the end of the day, a few people here need to check their attitudes before they login and type.

2 hours ago, tpb1992 said:

Personally, i'm not getting my hopes up, since Miller winning the first round i've believed that GUN wouldn't go back to this game. A bit maudlin i know, but i've no real hopes for seeing new content or the existing content being released

As Gun has a new project they are working on, I don't anticipate them giving this game the focus they once did. That's why I'm part of team "it is what it is".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

There are two instances where people agree 100% of the time.

1. The person you are agreeing with really knows what the hell they are talking about, and can back it up with solid facts.

2. People are mindless sheep.

The toxicity seems to stem from a few sources.

1. People are upset about feeling deceived/lied to/strung along/disappointed.

2. People have a sense of entitlement and feel "Because I'm so and so, I deserve such and such".

3. People have really bad anger issues and need some professional help.

At the end of the day, a few people here need to check their attitudes before they login and type.

Fair points. I guess I mean generally you won't have two people always in agreement.Ā 

Just now, thrawn3054 said:

Fair points. I guess I mean generally you won't have two people always in agreement.Ā 

It's very rare, I agree.

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

There's only 4 mods and if wasn't me you're referring to, it wouldn't likely be any of the others so it must be an admin.

My bad, youā€™reĀ right it wasnā€™t a mod, it was an admin. Didnā€™t realize there was another title, I apologize for marring the good name of the mods.Ā 

Anyone know Horror Inc's contact info so I can send this to them -Ā 

"The statement regarding future content for Friday The 13th Game was poor. The lack of taking responsibility for anything is laughable. Victor Miller is not the right holders for the game. Horror Inc made the decision to suspend content regardless the outcome if Victor won or not.

That said, if Victor RECENTLY declined to settle with Sean just after the ruling, this contradicts Victor's stance of not wanting to halt the franchise or the game which was leaked via email.

Horror Inc contradicts themselves by "aggressively exploring" projects not pertaining to anything Part 1 related. Yet continues to let the game sit, with no clear indication of what content is allowed to be put in the game.Ā 

A clear indication to Gunmedia would be appreciated, and a settle with Victor would be appreciated for both fans and your pockets. You're not going to gain anything by attempting to appeal and lose more money."

We are unable toĀ further clarify or make statements about theĀ situation at this time.Ā 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

We are unable toĀ further clarify or make statements about theĀ situation at this time.Ā 

Lmao was it that hard to write that in the first place ?

• Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

That's all we needed to know. Would have been nice to know sooner. However, I fear only more questions will arise now...

13 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Finally..... after 5 pages of posts with questions.

you are the community manager.

You have the ability to provide information that will contribute to the continued growth of this community or not communicating which is very damaging ..... allowing it to continually growĀ frustrated with Gun and theĀ developers.

even non informative posts like these are welcome.

• Thanks 5

3 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Thanks for the response.

Gun can only say what they can say in what I imagine is a spider web of legalities at the moment. I'm no lawyer but I imagine Gun, Horror Inc, and Victor are unsure of the legalities and consequences of this at the moment.

This is purely my own speculation and thoughts on this:Ā Considering it's not a flat "NO CONTENT, EVER". I'm guessing these guys areĀ exploring possibilities to be able to work on and release new content. So it's more positive than it was 24 hours ago. Be patient guys. It may not happen, it's out of their hands... but from what I can fathom...they are trying legally and logistically.
Ā 

• Like 2

The statement was that they can't make a statement.Ā šŸ¤£

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

Considering it's not a flat "NO CONTENT, EVER".Ā 
Ā 

But that's WHAT IT IS. Wes said EXACTLY, PRECISELY that:

ā€œIs there a chance of any content being added to the game if a ruling on the dispute occurs in the near future?ā€ The answer is no.Ā 

I don't mean to be a bummer, but it's frustrating seeing youĀ guys ramming your heads into a brick wall over and over and over. No, you're not getting Savini. No, there's no newĀ content, ever. Please just accept it and move on, for your own mental well-being.

Believe me, I'd LOVE to be proven wrong. I'd LOVEĀ for Gun's "no statement at this time" statement to be taken as a sign of hope. But a definitive statement has previously been made.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Don't give hopes where there's not this will destroy the player base and bring hate toward gun staff we all know where it's going. If there is no hope for future content then tell us a simple word (NO).

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

Thanks for the response.

Gun can only say what they can say in what I imagine is a spider web of legalities at the moment. I'm no lawyer but I imagine Gun, Horror Inc, and Victor are unsure of the legalities and consequences of this at the moment.Ā 

No one with a clear mind blames them / Shifty for WHAT was said in the statement. The question is why Wes hinted (well, kind of promise) a possible statement while they still hadn't cleared they could make one. Or why they put a narrow timeframe on it. Or why they didn't as soon as they realized they couldn't hit the deadline for their self imposed date for a Statement publish sth like Shifty posted now.Ā 

If your statement is 15 words of "we can't really say anything right now", you couldn't have published this on Tuesday instead of Sunday? It just leaves such a bad taste.Ā 

1 hour ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

Don't give hopes where there's not this will destroy the player base and bring hate toward gun staff we all know where it's going. If there is no hope for future content then tell us a simple word (NO).

Judging by the massive amount of toxicity in a number of posts here lately, I'd say the ship of hatred has sailed, with people taking motorboats out to hitch a ride on it.

43 minutes ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

No one with a clear mind blames them / Shifty for WHAT was said in the statement. The question is why Wes hinted (well, kind of promise) a possible statement while they still hadn't cleared they could make one. Or why they put a narrow timeframe on it. Or why they didn't as soon as they realized they couldn't hit the deadline for their self imposed date for a Statement publish sth like Shifty posted now.Ā 

If your statement is 15 words of "we can't really say anything right now", you couldn't have published this on Tuesday instead of Sunday? It just leaves such a bad taste.Ā 

I've long been past the whole blame game trend. It's just gonna take time for people to get the sour taste of "no new content" out of their mouth. I suggest their favorite beverage of choice.

As far as a promised statement, maybe the development team shouldn't have set a time for its release. We all know what happens when people don't get what they are promised on time. It hasn't ended well in the past, and I don't expect it will going forward either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/3/2018 at 10:01 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

Until Sean Cunningham speaks on the summary judgment Gun can't really say much.Ā 

There's really nothing to say until either the appeal is filed or October 28th, which will be 30 days after the verdict.Ā  Team Cunningham/Horror/Manny etc... have 30 days to file the appeal.

Ā 

And despite all those conditions, the fact remains that no new content is the new normal.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Andļ»æ despite all those conditions, the fact remains that no new content is the new normal.

Blasphemer! How dare you state facts in this the most unholy of places.

• Haha 1

First time poster. Long time lurker.Ā Ā 

Here is a statement that is interesting.... I'm pretty sure there were several people that mentioned the cost might take the game out sooner....

Another miss step?Ā 

wes.jpg

• Confused 1

If you missed it, please check out my post in the "clarification" -thread. There I tried to sum up everythingĀ consurning the game development regarding launch->lawsuit->current state. Though I must admit, I missed the whole issue with the cumulative costs ofĀ the servers. So that is another thing to consider when examining the possibility of future content.Ā 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lasse_hei said:

If you missed it, please check out my post in the "clarification" -thread. There I tried to sum up everythingĀ consurning the game development regarding launch->lawsuit->current state. Though I must admit, I missed the whole issue with the cumulative costs ofĀ the servers. So that is another thing to consider when examining the possibility of future content.Ā 

tenor.gif?itemid=5292336

Ā 

• Thanks 1