PowellCampsNAKED

Any New players that just downloaded free?

The servers are back up in US and the baby counselors are cracking me UP. As Jason, I’ve been playing with them and it’s been really fun. I did get an interaction lock tho but otherwise it’s been very fun. 

The most dangerous thing now are random traps being placed all over the map. 

• Haha 2

Im new. Just started yesterday. Matchmaking took me at least 35 mins. 

Played three games this afternoon against all players level 5 or less. Two of the 3 people that played Jason seemed suspiciously NOT like new players. The tactics they were using generally aren’t developed immediately, like using knives to cancel window escapes. These things can be picked up by watching youtube for pointers, but using them well and aiming quickly and accurately is a different matter. Probably came over from PC or something. 

15 hours ago, kohagan said:

The most dangerous thing now are random traps being placed all over the map. 

That's been a thing for a while. I watch where I step these days.

1 hour ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Played three games this afternoon against all players level 5 or less. Two of the 3 people that played Jason seemed suspiciously NOT like new players. The tactics they were using generally aren’t developed immediately, like using knives to cancel window escapes. These things can be picked up by watching youtube for pointers, but using them well and aiming quickly and accurately is a different matter. Probably came over from PC or something. 

I always assume when a really low level Jason is doing well that they are an import from another platform. 

11 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I always assume when a really low level Jason is doing well that they are an import from another platform. 

That's a pretty fair assumption. Remind me never to bet against you.

A friend of mine told me he was in a lobby with a new player and one of the new players tried to use a wrench to fix the car! Lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

@Fair Play I always check the levels to get a feel for the lobby but I also give the Jason player the benefit of the doubt until they prove how good or bad they are.

4 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

@Fair Play I always check the levels to get a feel for the lobby but I also give the Jason player the benefit of the doubt until they prove how good or bad they are.

I do the same.

40 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I do the same.

Played five matches last night, and the phone box wasn't trapped once.

4 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Played five matches last night, and the phone box wasn't trapped once.

It happens.

11 hours ago, pro5pt0 said:

A friend of mine told me he was in a lobby with a new player and one of the new players tried to use a wrench to fix the car! Lmao

Hahaha although makes sense lol! I wonder if he went under the hood trying to press a button to repair...

12 hours ago, pro5pt0 said:

That's good. How was he to know pesky jason had hidden the battery. 

13 hours ago, pro5pt0 said:

I honestly think this is adorable. 

One thing ive noticed on pc with new players, is I need to learn the keyboard controls even though i play with controller. Im like drop the keys, ill drive. How do I do that. select item then tap the down button. I watch them walk away. that didnt work! Shit you have a keyboard.. ummm.. fuck it, start the car then hop out!.. lol

17 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I backed early on and got copies for both Xbox and PS4, but only played Xbox.  I have now started playing with PS4 version and am only level 29, so yeah.  There's people like us out there.  I played a couple rounds last night in quick play and it was almost all young kids (at least that is who used mics), and both Jasons were very inexperienced.  No objectives were trapped in either match.  First round I spawned in cabin by boat with prop, so I installed that.  Next cabin over had gas.  I think this is my chance to get "Chad is a Dick" trophy.  I repair boat and head out within first 3 or so minutes of game.  Jason is part 8 so not a complete newbie, and morphs out to lake to tip over my boat.  I swim laps around the boat and he can never drown me.  Glitched?  I dunno.  I restart boat twice and he tips it each time, but eventually gets frustrated and morphs away.  I escape to get trophy.  The next round was a Part 3 Jason, and he was very surprised and frustrated by pocket knives and stunning.

I've noticed, a lot quit real quick, I've not finished a match with more than 3-4 sticking around. 

25 minutes ago, kohagan said:

I've noticed, a lot quit real quick, I've not finished a match with more than 3-4 sticking around. 

Yep.  People don't realize they're missing out on about half (or usually more) of their xp by not waiting it out.  Then again, both matches I played last night went the full 20 minutes because the counselors had no clue and Jason was inept, so most don't want to wait.  This isn't Fortnite or PUBG where you die and immediately leave to get back in matchmaking queue!

Played a few rounds last night in a lobby of newbies. Everyone was laughing and screaming and basically just having a great time. You sometimes forget just how fun the game is outside of this message board "everything sux" echo chamber. It was nice. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

Played a few rounds last night in a lobby of newbies. Everyone was laughing and screaming and basically just having a great time. You sometimes forget just how fun the game is outside of this message board "everything sux" echo chamber. It was nice. 

Exactly. The new players have no clue and I love it. I’ve also not been spoiling anything but instead will help people who are willing to follow and take light instruction. Using just the flashlight and emotes, I guided an eager Level 2 Jenny to repair an entire car, repair the phone fuse, call the cops, call TJ, then I gave her the keys I had and we escaped in the car. She got some bank points on that. I also gave her my pocket knife and we did a whopping in Jason just before escaping in the car so that was F. U. N. 

• Like 2