PlayerAgainstTheMachine

We're from Haddonfield couldn't be prouder! Can't hear that? We'll yell a little louder!

They used the same freaking cheer from the original Halloween! I have a very good feeling about this movie. By the way beware of spoilers in the comments. Someone who saw the movie spoiled the ending.....

If it ends the way a lot of people are saying it does, it's not anything they haven't already done a million times.

10 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

If it ends the way a lot of people are saying it does, it's not anything they haven't already done a million times.

They spoiled me the ending from someone who already saw it. It's kinda amazing that folks who had the luck to see it starts spoiling everybody. But of course im still hyped even if I know the ending xD.

I have not seen it yet... but, I bet it happens mostly on Halloween night... Michael Myers escapes, kills a bunch of people (or at least a few)... takes more punishment than any other seventy plus year old in history, but will keep coming until finally... he is stopped.
   A sequel is already being talked about... but this whole "geriatric killer terrorizes small town" is pushing it without some kind of supernatural backstory... Still, I will check it out. 

I didn't want to double post... so I am back editing this post... well, adding on to it anyway. I just saw a far more realistic trailer for this movie... I hope everyone laughs as hard as I did at this...

I really am looking forward to this new Halloween movie... really, I am... BUT... without some sort of supernatural element to Michael Myers, this trailer is far more realistic than without any kind of explanation for his resilience.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

Just got back from seeing it. Loved it! Best movie since the original

That is good to hear. I tend to wait until the rush calms down before going to a theater to see a movie... maybe in a week or two I will check it out.

I like the idea of kids getting their picture with Michael Myers like they do with Santa at Christmas.

Saw the new movie, btw. I loved it. Visually, it really looked like a film from the seventies but with modern cars, cellphones, etc. (Sort of like "It Follows") I also loved Carpenter's new score. Can't find it on Amazon music but I think Target is selling a physical copy of the soundtrack. Don't want to spoil the film but Laurie Strode's daughter (Judy Greer) has a fantastic moment towards the conclusion of it. ?

• Like 1

On 10/5/2018 at 11:31 AM, Ahab said:

I have not seen it yet... but, I bet it happens mostly on Halloween night... Michael Myers escapes, kills a bunch of people (or at least a few)... takes more punishment than any other seventy plus year old in history, but will keep coming until finally... he is stopped.
   A sequel is already being talked about... but this whole "geriatric killer terrorizes small town" is pushing it without some kind of supernatural backstory... Still, I will check it out. 

I didn't want to double post... so I am back editing this post... well, adding on to it anyway. I just saw a far more realistic trailer for this movie... I hope everyone laughs as hard as I did at this...

I really am looking forward to this new Halloween movie... really, I am... BUT... without some sort of supernatural element to Michael Myers, this trailer is far more realistic than without any kind of explanation for his resilience.

Saw that before. That was actually the funniest video that I have seen in a loooooonnngg time...

16 minutes ago, macky10491 said:

Saw that before. That was actually the funniest video that I have seen in a loooooonnngg time...

I thought it was damned funny... and more realistic when considering the age of the characters in the movie. Without some kind of supernatural explanation for Michael's resilience and strength... it makes no sense. Just sitting in his little chair and doing nothing until he was 21 would have made him extremely weak due to atrophy... let alone all those years between now and the first movie.
   It may still be a good movie, I have not seen it yet... but other people seemed to like it. But the geriatric slasher leaves much to be desired without some kind of explanation. 

17 hours ago, Ahab said:

I thought it was damned funny... and more realistic when considering the age of the characters in the movie. Without some kind of supernatural explanation for Michael's resilience and strength... it makes no sense. Just sitting in his little chair and doing nothing until he was 21 would have made him extremely weak due to atrophy... let alone all those years between now and the first movie.
   It may still be a good movie, I have not seen it yet... but other people seemed to like it. But the geriatric slasher leaves much to be desired without some kind of explanation. 

Oh I actually loved it. It was the best one since the first Halloween. I would see it if you like Halloween 

3 hours ago, macky10491 said:

Oh I actually loved it. It was the best one since the first Halloween. I would see it if you like Halloween 

I will get around to it... I am just not in a hurry. I will probably wait for the DVD release.

• Like 1