Man In A Pickle

Is there anyway to instant block anymore?

You use to be able to quick block/instant block on reaction to swings by doing combat stance into block, but now there's a giant delay it feels between the two actions and I was wondering if anyone has found a way to do it still.

Used to be a glitch were you could block outside of combat stance, but it got patched. Another alternative is to strafe away from the attack.

It has slowed, can no longer be relied on reaction.   Among the complains along with the new grab since the engine update.

17 hours ago, Man In A Pickle said:

You use to be able to quick block/instant block on reaction to swings by doing combat stance into block, but now there's a giant delay it feels between the two actions and I was wondering if anyone has found a way to do it still.

Nope... Unfortunately they will hit before Jason raises his arm to his shoulder level. You have to spin away, or anticipate the attack. That's why I always spin out of the way on the first encounter with a counselor, see if they have swift attacker on. Plus judge their moves and level of aggression for better anticipation on the next swing. Good luck!

Block is useless now , idk what they did few patches ago, but it doesnt even work so i stopped bothering with it. It has some sort of crappy delay , and you still can get stunned while blocking. Trash 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PARTVI said:

Block is useless now , idk what they did few patches ago, but it doesnt even work so i stopped bothering with it. It has some sort of crappy delay , and you still can get stunned while blocking. Trash 

I wouldn't say its useless, its just not useful for blocking on reaction. Still useful as a deterrent, building range from foolish player, and guarding yourself around corners if you're not sure exactly a counselor is inside a cabin.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

I wouldn't say its useless, its just not useful for blocking on reaction. Still useful as a deterrent, building range from foolish player, and guarding yourself around corners if you're not sure exactly a counselor is inside a cabin.

Yup, this!^^ Trying to block on reaction is useless, otherwise it has it's value as stated above. For example, every time I strike the last hit on a door it's followed by block. In combat you can still use it as well, just NOT on reaction or you're gonna get hit.