quothetheraven79

Victor Miller won, but don’t get your hopes up

Victor won his suit today, Gun is going to make a statement sometime next week.  But I wouldn’t get any hopes up, I bet it will go like this: 

“Congratulations to Victor Miller, we at Gun Media hope he got exactly what he has coming to him.  That said, sadly we cannot continue making new content for the following reasons: 1) Until Sean Cunningham decides to either settle, or appeal we cannot continue making new content. 

2) Now say that Sean & Victor come to a final decision, we still cannot complete the new content because Illfonic is no longer making it, & Dark Tower has only been brought on to fix bugs, on the final game, NOTHING MORE.

3) The work that was being done on the photos, the future kill packs, the pajama clothing packs, Uber Jason, & the Grendel stage have all been deleted, & that work cannot be started over

We love you F13 fans, & your dedication to the movies, the characters, & importantly . . . The game, but from this point on the best advice we can give you is to move on(just as we have.) Believe me this is twice as painful for us as it is for you, but this time we’re are not going to continue working on Friday the 13th: The Game.

Thank you for being such good campers,

The team of Gun Media

i hope I’m wrong

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The lawsuit gets settled tomorrow.

"Oh hey guys sorry but you're not getting new content because we've moved on."

A dedicated group of fans band together and through their sheer determination and love for the franchise raise enough support for another developer to continue work on the game and even provide new content.

Gun/Fonic:

ZtukW0S.jpg

12 hours ago, quothetheraven79 said:

Victor won his suit today, Gun is going to make a statement sometime next week.  But I wouldn’t get any hopes up, I bet it will go like this: 

“Congratulations to Victor Miller, we at Gun Media hope he got exactly what he has coming to him.  That said, sadly we cannot continue making new content for the following reasons: 1) Until Sean Cunningham decides to either settle, or appeal we cannot continue making new content. 

2) Now say that Sean & Victor come to a final decision, we still cannot complete the new content because Illfonic is no longer making it, & Dark Tower has only been brought on to fix bugs, on the final game, NOTHING MORE.

3) The work that was being done on the photos, the future kill packs, the pajama clothing packs, Uber Jason, & the Grendel stage have all been deleted, & that work cannot be started over

We love you F13 fans, & your dedication to the movies, the characters, & importantly . . . The game, but from this point on the best advice we can give you is to move on(just as we have.) Believe me this is twice as painful for us as it is for you, but this time we’re are not going to continue working on Friday the 13th: The Game.

Thank you for being such good campers,

The team of Gun Media

i hope I’m wrong

You have a #2 and #3, where's number 1?

This almost sounds like a press release that could come out.

14 minutes ago, Crispen_Glover said:

deleteting all the content they worked on pre-trail is literally the most retarded thing they could do. I fucking pray to god thats not thats case

Very few people genuinely delete everything. It'll be archived somewhere, forgotten to most people, but it's still there, somewhere.

I went through some digital archives of my own last week, and found data from 10 years ago that I thought I had deleted.

1 hour ago, Crispen_Glover said:

deleteting all the content they worked on pre-trail is literally the most retarded thing they could do. I fucking pray to god thats not thats case

I highly doubt they deleted anything. They might decide to not make use of it, assuming the lawsuit were to wrap up quickly that is. But they certainly wouldn't have deleted anything, not yet anyway. In the end I doubt this ruling will matter for the game. But I've been wrong before, and hopefully am again. 

Already a thread open on this.