Sign in to follow this  
Über Jason

I got it! New DLC is probably coming!

Miller’s victory also holds the prospect that he will control rights inside the United States while producers control rights outside the domestic market where termination recapture isn’t applied.

Black Tower Studios is located in Tokyo, Japan. Comprised of industry veterans from around the world, developers at Black Tower Studios have worked on a variety of AAA titles across multiple publishers.

I think new DLC is coming since the new developper isn’t located in USA... Combine it with the fact that Friday the 13th: The Game is coming to PS+ next month, something big must be going on.

• Haha 1

Who knows, but I am hopeful for something, anything at this point. Apparently, Gun Media will be releasing an announcement of some sort sometime next week on the matter, so fingers crossed it's some good news.

10 minutes ago, Über Jason said:

Miller’s victory also holds the prospect that he will control rights inside the United States while producers control rights outside the domestic market where termination recapture isn’t applied.

Black Tower Studios is located in Tokyo, Japan. Comprised of industry veterans from around the world, developers at Black Tower Studios have worked on a variety of AAA titles across multiple publishers.

I think new DLC is coming since the new developper isn’t located in USA... Combine it with the fact that Friday the 13th: The Game is coming to PS+ next coming, something big must be going on.

Has anyone actually found a list of games that Black Tower Studios has actually worked on? I only see two titles listed on their wikipedia entry.

7 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

Who knows, but I am hopeful for something, anything at this point. Apparently, Gun Media will be releasing an announcement of some sort sometime next week on the matter, so fingers crossed it's some good news.

I'll hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.

1 minute ago, Fair Play said:

Has anyone actually found a list of games that Black Tower Studios has actually worked on? I only see two titles listed on their wikipedia entry.

I'll hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.

That's good advice.

23 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

That's how I live my life.

I have to tip my hat to you for that. In fact, I hope you don't mind, but that would be a good quote to hang on the wall, "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst". I respect that ?

14 minutes ago, JasonLives86 said:

I have to tip my hat to you for that. In fact, I hope you don't mind, but that would be a good quote to hang on the wall, "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst". I respect that ?

I'm glad you enjoyed it. More people would be happy if they considered such things.

7 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. More people would be happy if they considered such things.

That's very true.

I would suspect that Illfonic and Gun Media would, let's just say "neglect" to hand over whatever assets they currently have for another developer to work with it. A new developer would probably have to create any future DLC entirely from scratch. Just a hunch.

3 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I would suspect that Illfonic and Gun Media would, let's just say "neglect" to hand over whatever assets they currently have for another developer to work with it. A new developer would probably have to create any future DLC entirely from scratch. Just a hunch.

I wouldn't bet against you on that one...

• Like 1

Man, why do I keep having to get my hopes up like this?! It is a rather uncanny coincidence that the game would switch companies with no new content, right before it is announced Victor Miller won. #conspiracytheorists

3 hours ago, Über Jason said:

I think new DLC is coming since the new developper isn’t located in USA... Combine it with the fact that Friday the 13th: The Game is coming to PS+ next month, something big must be going on.

I'm pretty sure the PS+ deal was to help keep the game alive a little longer.

2 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Man, why do I keep having to get my hopes up like this?! It is a rather uncanny coincidence that the game would switch companies with no new content, right before it is announced Victor Miller won. #conspiracytheorists

Well it was a good move by gun to release on psn. With the millions of psn subscribers you're gonna squeeze some dlc kill and clothing pack money with the best possible platform. 

If all this is coming together like this... it will be incredibly shady and I love it. If I were Gun and I knew I had an unpolished diamond in the rough, I wouldn’t toss it out because of legalities preventing me from fully realizing this game. I am praying Gun has gotten over the disappointment and frustration of early this year and are recommitting to the game and a wider audience through a new developing partnership and the PS+ deal. This game has 3 or 4 more maps, a few more counselors, another game mode, and a lot of customizations left in it. (And bug work of course). I’d also enjoy seeing the Virtual Cabin get an update and combine elements from the Virtual Cabin and single-player challenges to bring them to multiplayer. That would be incredible. 

10 hours ago, Fair Play said:

That's how I live my life.

When I was in School , one  time they gave me a Stone. I should write my my Motto on it. It should strengthen me and all that , kinda like a lucky charm. 
I wrote on it : Hope for the best , Prepare for the worst. I then put the Stone in a sock , if someone then tried to threaten me or someone else , I would have used it.
Lol.....

We could get 20 new maps, and you'd still find yourself playing in lobbies that select packanak every round :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Anything to keep the game going for as long as possible is most welcome.

5 hours ago, kohagan said:

We could get 20 new maps, and you'd still find yourself playing in lobbies that select packanak every round :)

This is very sad, but very true.

Already a thread open on this.