PowellCampsNAKED

Victor Miller Wins Lawsuit!

42 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

So what about the press release? Wasn't today?

I haven't seen or heard anything. Was it released elsewhere? Or did they have to run it by certain parties first before releasing it?

5 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Did you mean to quote yourself?

Lol that was your text. Instead of taking it from your original post, I took it from the post I quoted you on. 

23 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

Illfonic no longer have anything to do with this game. It's now Black Tower from Japan doing programming duties. 

Your point being?
Illfonic still wasted time giving us an engine update rather than making sure we got a last content update which would be patched fine and legally safe later.

Doesn't matter who's on it now, my point was how much they "loved" this game so I really don't get what that has do with what I said.
I wasn't attacking Black Tower, it was clearly directed at the fact that Ilffonic and gun could have just made sure we had more to play with but opted not to and didn't inform us of the inpending doom the game was coming to either. (To my knowledge?)

Black Tower hasn't done anything yet as far as any of us should be concerned.

On a separate note I wonder when we'll actually get a update from Gun, not that I expect big news but I do at least want to hear it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StarringRole said:

Your point being?
Illfonic still wasted time giving us an engine update rather than making sure we got a last content update which would be patched fine and legally safe later.

Doesn't matter who's on it now, my point was how much they "loved" this game so I really don't get what that has do with what I said.
I wasn't attacking Black Tower, it was clearly directed at the fact that Ilffonic and gun could have just made sure we had more to play with but opted not to and didn't inform us of the inpending doom the game was coming to either. (To my knowledge?)

Black Tower hasn't done anything yet as far as any of us should be concerned.

On a separate note I wonder when we'll actually get a update from Gun, not that I expect big news but I do at least want to hear it.

I was just pointing out Illfonic don't have anything to do with the game anymore. No need to get your knickers in a twist about it. 

Just now, badassgixxer05 said:

Didn't @wes say he was going to issue a statement on this? Sorry if i missed it..

Probably. He gonna update game revert to BETA animation. just wait....

11 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I was just pointing out Illfonic don't have anything to do with the game anymore. No need to get your knickers in a twist about it. 

Oh apologies, I got the impression you were actually trying to tell me to shut up basically.
I apologise, my knickers get on quite the rant.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StarringRole said:

Oh apologies, I got the impression you were actually trying to tell me to shut up basically.
I apologise, my knickers get on quite the rant.

No not at all mate. Sorry if it came across like that ;)

So if I understand the outcome correctly it seems that June 18 2018 deadline was the known date of the copyright termination for 2 years. In the event that the case was not resolved or a new copyright aggreement wasn't struck by that date then work on the franchise would have to cease. 

So it seems like they should have prioritized content over an engine update. Obviously bugs and servers were something they could work on after the deadline. Bugs are a priority too but there's was definitely no reason to abandon content completely knowing of a deadline set 2 years previous. 

The odd thing in the judgement is that it only pertained to the film rights,specifically us film rights, it didn't read in anyway that it should have had an affect on the game. 

The game is done. But hopefully with this stuff finally being settled maybe we can get a new game in the near future, not 30 years from now, and with a more experienced team. 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:13 PM, Pazuzu said:

I dunno, I think they would just say "Jason" if that was the case. Perhaps we are getting a Halloween type reboot that ignores parts 6 through X. Maybe they will return to the whole Tommy Jarvis is crazy and the new killer idea teased at the end of part 5. ?

If you use the statement "The hockey mask killer"... even people that barely know anything about this series of movies will immediately think the statement is referring to Jason Voorhees. They do not have to use his name.
   I would like to see a new movie (or movies for that matter) in this franchise. My only hopes for it are that it is well written, has a half decent budget (for a movie within the slasher genre) and at least sticks close to what Jason is meant to be.
  Clarification of his backstory might be out of the question now... but we do not need to see another damned origin story anyway. Although I do enjoy the "undead" Jason movies, part 7, 8, and 9 had horrible endings that were unworthy of the franchise... But Kane Hodder's version of Jason was the best in the franchise. Jason X was a weird take on it, but I still liked that one too. I don't know how well the 70 year old killer will go over without some kind of supernatural backstory... for Halloween or F13. Even a sequel to the 2009 reboot would be welcome in my mind. If he is not going to be supernatural in any way... being 70+ years old just does not fit and makes things even more unbelievable.
   I don't think continuing with Tommy as the killer would work well either... the fans want to see Jason.

@Daneasaur I thought "Never Hike Alone" was very well done. 

There is no doubt Jason is in desperate need of some kind of mainstream media attention. If not then, definitely right now. 

Bringing back content to this game would be a good start to put the Friday The 13th name back in the spotlight in some kind of form. It's not a movie or a television series, but it would be better than nothing. It's a perfect opportunity right now too given it's October and the horror craze is all going to be focused on the new Halloween movie.

What if they only had to remove Pamela from the game and could do whatever they wanted with Jason from here on out? What would you guys think about that? So no head in the shack, no mother's voice, no pamela in Virtual Cabin, but we get Uber, Grendel, pajama pack, and two kill packs. I doubt this would happen but i think it would be a cool compromise 

We are already missing Pamela's laugh at the end of a match, if they took her voice away completely I don't see where it would be an issue. But then again, no Pamela means no sweater. I'm sure that would tick off the Jason kill squads.

12 hours ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

Lol that was your text. Instead of taking it from your original post, I took it from the post I quoted you on. 

I believe you are referring to a post that @thrawn3054 made.

@Dragonfire82877 No Pamela and no sweater would mean that Jason wouldn't have motivation to kill counselors. Then counselors wouldn't have a Jason to run from or hit on. Then we'd have no game. ?

6 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

What if they only had to remove Pamela from the game and could do whatever they wanted with Jason from here on out? What would you guys think about that? So no head in the shack, no mother's voice, no pamela in Virtual Cabin, but we get Uber, Grendel, pajama pack, and two kill packs. I doubt this would happen but i think it would be a cool compromise 

I don't think everyone would be happy without Pamela. As for the Jason X content, definitely yes.

Pamela's connection should be removed from Roy though. I prefer some kind of Joey reference.

6 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

@Dragonfire82877 No Pamela and no sweater would mean that Jason wouldn't have motivation to kill counselors. Then counselors wouldn't have a Jason to run from or hit on. Then we'd have no game. ?

@Fair Play, I understand that, I was just going off the logic if they had to remove Pamela from the game like @deathbat96777 suggested. At the end of the day, it's a slasher game, does the killer really need a reason to kill for you to play it? As long as you know the back story, it wouldn't have to be displayed in the game.

1 minute ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@Fair Play, I understand that, I was just going off the logic if they had to remove Pamela from the game like @deathbat96777 suggested. At the end of the day, it's a slasher game, does the killer really need a reason to kill for you to play it? As long as you know the back story, it wouldn't have to be displayed in the game.

A killer can kill just because, just as people can troll just because. These days, stuff happens just because it can.

8 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

I don't think everyone would be happy without Pamela. As for the Jason X content, definitely yes.

Pamela's connection should be removed from Roy though. I prefer some kind of Joey reference.

It wouldn't feel right if good 'ol Pam wasn't in the game. I do agree that a Joey reference would be nice if one could have been inserted.

7 hours ago, StarringRole said:

[...] 

[...] 

I'm not sure. So far every source I heard on the topic claimed Illfonic to be nothing but a hired gun. So not sure they were the ones prioritizing Engine update over content update... 

3 minutes ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

I'm not sure. So far every source I heard on the topic claimed Illfonic to be nothing but a hired gun. So not sure they were the ones prioritizing Engine update over content update... 

Regardless of who made the decision, it was done. Too bad we can't turn back time...

2 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

Aside from the fact that this would mean completely reworking the game, you also forgot that they wouldn't be able to call or refer to Jason as "Jason," they would have to remove Pam's grave from the maps, they would have to remove the Camp Crystal Lake map entirely since it's from part 1, they would have to remove her sweater, and they would have to retitle the game since the name of what is now Miller's script is titled FRIDAY THE 13th, so that name belongs to him.

19 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Aside from the fact that this would mean completely reworking the game, you also forgot that they wouldn't be able to call or refer to Jason as "Jason," they would have to remove Pam's grave from the maps, they would have to remove the Camp Crystal Lake map entirely since it's from part 1, they would have to remove her sweater, and they would have to retitle the game since the name of what is now Miller's script is titled FRIDAY THE 13th, so that name belongs to him.

Welcome to "This Isn't Friday the 13th: A Video Game Parody"

• Haha 1

They should make a Sleepaway Camp game. Those movies aren't as known to the general public and it would make people go back and watch them 

9 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

They should make a Sleepaway Camp game. Those movies aren't as known to the general public and it would make people go back and watch them 

I wouldn't be opposed to such a game. However, with all the other companies out there, I'd like to see what some others can do.