PowellCampsNAKED

Victor Miller Wins Lawsuit!

4 hours ago, PARTVI said:

At the very least....for new content,im sure they would at least release "kill pack" DLC for all the remaining Jasons? Im just assuming they had packs for all of them.  

Originally the trailer for the Definitive Edition of the game showed two new weapon kills (until someone pointed them out, then they were removed from the trailer). So some Kill Pack DLCs were already in the works, although how complete we do not know.

But that's another thing. There's a big difference from making new content and releasing content that's already made. The Pajama Pack looks like it's been ready for months. Only thing Jason X seems to need is his own music and sound effects for his kills. I've heard plenty of say why new content cannot be made, but nothing so far about pre-existing unlreleased content.

• Like 1

Whenever they say they can't return to this game I get PTSD thinking of how Two Worlds 2 has been getting recent DLC and that game should probably have been decapitated a long time ago.

44 minutes ago, StarringRole said:

Whenever they say they can't return to this game I get PTSD thinking of how Two Worlds 2 has been getting recent DLC and that game should probably have been decapitated a long time ago.

Some companies are more passionate about content than others.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

But we all know illfonic and gun love this game. ;)

amirite

To be honest with Two Worlds 2 pulling that stunt it really wasn't a good time for them to be saying they can't return to it when the game isn't even half as old.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Ahab said:

Holy crap!... We "might" still get a new movie... without a mention of Jason's mother or backstory in any way relating to the first movie.

Never Hike Alone did a great job, but yeah, you could even go with the Roy idea of a father going bananas in perpetual revenge for the death of his son.

2 hours ago, StarringRole said:

amirite

To be honest with Two Worlds 2 pulling that stunt it really wasn't a good time for them to be saying they can't return to it when the game isn't even half as old.

Illfonic no longer have anything to do with this game. It's now Black Tower from Japan doing programming duties. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Illfonic no longer have anything to do with this game. It's now Black Tower from Japan doing programming duties. 

Aye, that's why we have hope. Call us foolish, call us overly optimistic, but that's what this game was founded on.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StarringRole said:

4 hours ago, Fair Play said:

POSTAL 2 comes to mind. 

11 hours ago, undrtkr said:

This. People need to accept the fact there will never be new content for this game. Gun media has stated this numerous times. Gun is not going to sell this game to another company when there are still sales to be made with the game and current DLC. This news on the lawsuit means absolutely nothing for the game and in fact makes the franchise as we know it even murkier. With the current development the way I read it is Horror Inc can't even use the name Jason Voorhees for the killer. This is bad news for all of us.

They were very explicit that there would be no further content. They never indicated otherwise, or rescinded that announcement. Larry Zerner has iterated the same. Anyone who is wildly speculating otherwise is, by the literal definition. delusional.

• Like 1

So where is their statement? I mean, I already know on what they are going to say but I was wondering when they are going to rephrase what they said back in June and kill the hope of the delusional people that think this game will ever get content again.

• Like 1

What it boils down to is they don't want to finish content or give us new content because they have no idea what they are doing. Even if the lawsuit was settled the day after they made the announcement to quit and it was in their favor, I guarantee you they still wouldn't have put anything new out because they just don't care. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BigJay said:

So where is their statement? I mean, I already know on what they are going to say but I was wondering when they are going to rephrase what they said back in June and kill the hope of the delusional people that think this game will ever get content again.

A fancy rephrase is definitely in order I feel.

13 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

What it boils down to is they don't want to finish content or give us new content because they have no idea what they are doing. Even if the lawsuit was settled the day after they made the announcement to quit and it was in their favor, I guarantee you they still wouldn't have put anything new out because they just don't care. 

Unfortunately the evidence is overwhelming to suggest this. Emotes were the big sign since its one of the 'content' routes that basically has a huge divide within the community about why they were introduced at all, especially the dance ones. People were mostly in agreement about adding more Jasons, Maps, Counselors and Gamemodes, also fixing the game. Emotes is a great divide in the community.

• Like 1

If the lawsuit ends in their favor, I think they should release the kill pack we saw in the Ultimate Edition trailer to us and put it in a DLC pack along with the pajama clothing pack as the last official DLC for the game. Have it be like $5.99. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deathbat96777 said:

If the lawsuit ends in their favor, I think they should release the kill pack we saw in the Ultimate Edition trailer to us and put it in a DLC pack along with the pajama clothing pack as the last official DLC for the game. Have it be like $5.99. 

Agreed. And uber whether finished or unfinished.

12 hours ago, StarringRole said:

amirite

I have no doubt on some level Gun and Illfonic love this game, similar to how the players and fans love this game.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Well they are releasing a kill pack for Part 4 on PS4. I assume the one they made before im guessing.

I guess that's that.

There's already a part 4 kill pack. Or do you mean another one?

4 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

I think if they didn't care about the players, then this forum would have been shut down as a result. I'm sure they care on some minimal level.

2 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Agreed. And uber whether finished or unfinished.

I doubt they would pass along an unfinished piece of content.

On 10/1/2018 at 6:29 PM, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

While it's true they said that, I don't believe that would have been the case

And you said this. Cant have it both ways kid

28 minutes ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

And you said this. Cant have it both ways kid

Did you mean to quote yourself?

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

I think if they didn't care about the players, then this forum would have been shut down as a result. I'm sure they care on some minimal level.

I doubt they would pass along an unfinished piece of content.

Minimal being the key word here 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

Minimal being the key word here 

I can't speak for the amount they care, but I'm sure they care. Likewise, most people that post here care about the game in varying magnitudes.

14 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

Aye, that's why we have hope. Call us foolish, call us overly optimistic, but that's what this game was founded on.

Yup, I am optimistic, too. I am sensing a good news.

• Like 2