26 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

It funny how we always have to hear new from everyone but the devs themselves, When they made a statement  a week or two after this lawsuit stuff came up , I knew they were using it an a scapegoat to pull out of this game, they knew about this stuff before the game was released and it was probably the plan in the 1st place,I’m glad Larry got to the point, gun has been nothing but deceptive, they wanted out of this game because they made their cash grab, the lawsuit was a perfect excuse for them, now people can blame the real problem with no new content.... it’s  gun , nobody else, it’s always been them, I will not be buying the game they are working on now, I was a backer for this game and won’t give them another penny.

people can now stop blaming the lawsuit, and blame the lazy incompetent developers , the game is still buggy as ever and Jason is now a pathetic joke, if this game was a movie it would be a comedy

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pazuzu said:

Notice they say "hockey masked killer" I'm thinking this is the return of Roy! 

It said "The" hockey masked killer... which I would think is talking about Jason. Roy was merely a pretender.

11 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

I’m glad Larry got to the point, gun has been nothing but deceptive, they wanted out of this game because they made their cash grab, the lawsuit was a perfect excuse for them, now people can blame the real problem with no new content.... it’s  gun , nobody else, it’s always been them, I will not be buying the game they are working on now, I was a backer for this game and won’t give them another penny.

I don't think they've been deceptive. I think it's been incredibly tough for them to be in a web of rights issues - there is only so much they can say. I believe Wes said the other day that their press releases have to be approved by the rights holder. This is not easy for them. 

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't release new content if it were possible. It's guaranteed to make money - especially with the PS Plus month and test screens of the new Halloween sequel  getting glowing reviews which will spike interest in anything "slasher" and increase sales. 

• Thanks 4

Wes also stated that the only reason he knew about this court case development was because he read the "BloodyDisgusting" link. I'm no where near ready to "throw them over a bridge" or "chuck in the towel" yet. It's very clear to anyone with assimilation skills that someone who is granted a license for free can't just just speak what they want to speak. It makes the waters even murkier when there's a huge battle for rights ownership going on externally to them - when they're trying to create/maintain a game.

If there is a "greenlight" for them to make new content again legally - the only reason I can fathom why that wouldn't be possible - is that they've been fucked around by this lawsuit/rights battle. They've had to make executive decisions for the future and longevity of their company. They've probably had to plough other resources into future game development because games take years to make and there is/was no guarantee when this lawsuit would be settled, in that they would have the legality to proceed with new content. Could've been a year away, could've been 5 years away - could've been a few days ago. It's impossible to run a business like it. It's just not possible. Wes can't run his business within a five year projection under a cloud of complete uncertainty. It's impossible. There isn't a business in the world who would do that. From a games company to a street vendor, to a multi conglomerate like Comcast. Absolutely no one does business like it...and I think it's important we remember although we love the lore, the movies and the game - these guys have to make the right decisions for their own company, their livelihoods. It's selfish of us to expect anything more when a shitload of legal obstacles have been thrown in their way. They're as much the victims are as anyone who loves the game is, more so. 

I genuinely hope the new logistics mean new content is possible, but if the logistics don't work out. I'll get that's because of more intricate details than we don't know of. That we have no right to know of, because that's business and their hands are tied in ways. 

Love this game. Support them. 

• Like 4

They aren't releasing shit. They made a statement back then saying that if the lawsuit ended immediately, they still wouldn't created content.

Nowhere in my mind thinks any of the latest news will change the fate of the game. People can continue to hope and believe. I choose to be realistic. You are less disappointed this way.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Loading said:

They aren't releasing shit. They made a statement back then saying that if the lawsuit ended immediately, they still wouldn't created content.

Nowhere in my mind thinks any of the latest news will change the fate of the game. People can continue to hope and believe. I choose to be realistic. You are less disappointed this way.

I mostly agree with you. The only part that I see a little differently is when they said if the lawsuit had ended immediately they wouldn't release anything else. While it's true they said that, I don't believe that would have been the case. I believe that was said to try to crush peoples hope the we'd be getting more content. I do still agree with you that we almost certainly won't be seeing anything new. I'm just less certain that the initial statement was as final as they said. 

19 minutes ago, Loading said:

I'm being realistic... because of the logistics of the uncertain nature of the court case. 

7 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

The only part that I see a little differently is when they said if the lawsuit had ended immediately they wouldn't release anything else. While it's true they said that, I don't believe that would have been the case

No means no. Your reasoning is why this question wont die. They said no because at the time most people were saying this thing wouldnt end for years. Like the no new content release was the most transparent communication they had released since even before the game released. But still people wont accept it. 

Well they would have other excuses now anyway even with the lawsuit potentially going away sooner than expected.

The playerbase totals can't be very high. Why go back into producing content for a game with no playerbase? Which in large part of course, was their fault for not being able to fix their game most often or add any variety to it. Always one step forward, multiple steps back. I mean hell, they can't even add skips for cutscenes in singleplayer challenges. How hard can that be?

The defib of content would only result in minimal returns. Emotes wouldn't cut it, especially with at least half the community hating them. Uber and Grendel alone wouldn't cut it. The community would want long term commitment.

• Like 1

Hmmm. There’s nothing wrong with reneging on saying there’d be no more content. It would be a painful mistake for Gun to stick with saying there’s nothing new coming as a hundred thousand new players try the game for free. Many of these new players of will be hooked and be looking to buy new DLC. I would not give up on this game just as it’s about to get a second wind and huge exposure to a new audience. Just from a business perspective, adding some $2.99 clothing packs with random patterns would be nothing in work compared to the profitability. Also, adding one or two new maps that were not free, but purchasable DLC would take in money at $5.99 a map which you know nearly everyone already playing will purchase! If just 30,000 people bought a new map, that’s nearly a quarter of a million dollars. Take the Camp Crystal Lake map, tweak the spawns, hangs the cabin dynamics, and call it Camp Forest Green. That’s barely any work but a new experience. Why pass that up? Come on!

2 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

It funny how we always have to hear new from everyone but the devs themselves, When they made a statement  a week or two after this lawsuit stuff came up , I knew they were using it an a scapegoat to pull out of this game, they knew about this stuff before the game was released and it was probably the plan in the 1st place,I’m glad Larry got to the point, gun has been nothing but deceptive, they wanted out of this game because they made their cash grab, the lawsuit was a perfect excuse for them, now people can blame the real problem with no new content.... it’s  gun , nobody else, it’s always been them, I will not be buying the game they are working on now, I was a backer for this game and won’t give them another penny.

people can now stop blaming the lawsuit, and blame the lazy incompetent developers , the game is still buggy as ever and Jason is now a pathetic joke, if this game was a movie it would be a comedy

I don't think people are worried about whose fault it is anymore. The fact is that no more new content is on the horizon. That is the reason why people are upset.

30 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

If there is a "greenlight" for them to make new content again legally - the only reason I can fathom why that wouldn't be possible - is that they've been fucked around by this lawsuit/rights battle. They've had to make executive decisions for the future and longevity of their company. They've probably had to plough other resources into future game development because games take years to make and there is/was no guarantee when this lawsuit would be settled, in that they would have the legality to proceed with new content. Could've been a year away, could've been 5 years away - could've been a few days ago. It's impossible to run a business like it. It's just not possible. Wes can't run his business within a five year projection under a cloud of complete uncertainty. It's impossible. There isn't a business in the world who would do that. From a games company to a street vendor, to a multi conglomerate like Comcast. Absolutely no one does business like it...and I think it's important we remember although we love the lore, the movies and the game - these guys have to make the right decisions for their own company, their livelihoods. It's selfish of us to expect anything more when a shitload of legal obstacles have been thrown in their way. They're as much the victims are as anyone who loves the game is, more so.

The most obvious reason they might be hesitant to make new content is due to having moved on to their next project. If they were to back up and pull their entire team back to this game, then their new project would be on hold. No matter what choice they make, one side will benefit, while the other one will suffer. You are right. At the end of the day, they have to do what works best for their business.

3 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Just from a business perspective, adding some $2.99 clothing packs with random patterns would be nothing in work compared to the profitability. Also, adding one or two new maps that were not free, but purchasable DLC would take in money at $5.99 a map which you know nearly everyone already playing will purchase! If just 30,000 people bought a new map, that’s nearly a quarter of a million dollars. Take the Camp Crystal Lake map, tweak the spawns, hangs the cabin dynamics, and call it Camp Forest Green. That’s barely any work but a new experience. Why pass that up? Come on!

Charging for new maps would make for a coding complication. If some people bought the new maps and others didn't, you'd have to make some coding changes to matchmaking. Group A with the maps would play together, while Group B without the maps would play together. That would divide the player base. Also take into consideration that when something is added to this game, something else breaks. If future DLC was optional clothing packs, emote packs, and kill packs that people were willing to pay for, then that would be fine. We have three groups of people when it comes to DLC:

1. The devoted players that will buy anything that is added to this game, regardless of practicality or relevance.

2. The players that will buy only the decent stuff that is added to the game.

3. The players that won't buy anything more associated with this game.

If they can fix the major bugs in the game first, then I'd be happy. Look at it as a person with a car. Make sure the car runs well before you go out of your to "pimp your ride".

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

It said "The" hockey masked killer... which I would think is talking about Jason. Roy was merely a pretender.

I dunno, I think they would just say "Jason" if that was the case. Perhaps we are getting a Halloween type reboot that ignores parts 6 through X. Maybe they will return to the whole Tommy Jarvis is crazy and the new killer idea teased at the end of part 5. ?

The one thing that is confusing me is why are they sorta hyping up something by saying “Press release early next week!” when the press release is most likely going to be negative news. Which is why most people are thinking it’s good news because 1)Why couldn’t they just repeat their previous statement about content, 2) If the press release was simply saying “No” then it would’ve most likely been out by now, and 3) The backlash will be HORRIBLE if the news is negative. But yet again I’m not getting my hopes up because I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

No means no. Your reasoning is why this question wont die. They said no because at the time most people were saying this thing wouldnt end for years. Like the no new content release was the most transparent communication they had released since even before the game released. But still people wont accept it. 

Did you miss the part where I said agree with him? I simply stated my theory as to why the were so hard lined in their position. That they wanted hope crushed,  because they knew that it was unlikely this would resolve quickly. I'd be shocked if when Gun addresses this if anything changes.

At the very least....for new content,im sure they would at least release "kill pack" DLC for all the remaining Jasons? Im just assuming they had packs for all of them.  

35 minutes ago, PARTVI said:

At the very least....for new content,im sure they would at least release "kill pack" DLC for all the remaining Jasons? Im just assuming they had packs for all of them.  

And the Pajama clothing pack!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

Was that ever even confirmed to be a thing? Or did people just see the bits taken from the single player challenges and assume it was something that was happening?

Just now, thrawn3054 said:

Was that ever even confirmed to be a thing? Or did people just see the bits taken from the single player challenges and assume it was something that was happening?

No there were leaks of all the counselors in their pajamas. Tiffany was the only one seen in them in the challenges though.

17 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

Forget stupid pajamas , crap like this and dancing emotes is a big reason we didn’t get all the content that was promised, how much time do you think was wasted on that junk? Allot 

2 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

Forget stupid pajamas , crap like this and dancing emotes is a big reason we didn’t get all the content that was promised, how much time do you think was wasted on that junk? Allot 

Better then the Halloween costumes.

I don't expect anything good with the upcoming statement(still wishing I'm wrong).

Odd timing though for this to happen around the same month with the arrivals of dedicated servers and the slasher edition.

7 hours ago, Loading said:

This. People need to accept the fact there will never be new content for this game. Gun media has stated this numerous times. Gun is not going to sell this game to another company when there are still sales to be made with the game and current DLC. This news on the lawsuit means absolutely nothing for the game and in fact makes the franchise as we know it even murkier. With the current development the way I read it is Horror Inc can't even use the name Jason Voorhees for the killer. This is bad news for all of us.