Hopefully Sean realizes that settling its the right decision. All that money being wasted on a lawsuit when you could be making more money by making a new movie and having more game content put out  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

Is it possible for the suing party to appeal in a case like that? I'm no legal expert, I'm genuinely asking. 

Nor am I. I would think you can appeal the decision reguardless of the side you're on. I suppose it's possible that he can't. But the matter of the rights to the Jason character are still up in the air as well.

Some more good news! According to Larry Zerner, Sean and Victor both have to come to a deal if they ever want to make another Friday the 13th movie because Sean has the rights to the franchise in the foreign markets. While Victor has the US rights. No movie company will release a movie franchise like this in only one market it has to be both domestic and foreign! So a deal has to be made! let's hope cooler heads prevail on this one and an agreement can come sooner than later.

1 hour ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

Some more good news! According to Larry Zerner, Sean and Victor both have to come to a deal if they ever want to make another Friday the 13th movie because Sean has the rights to the franchise in the foreign markets. While Victor has the US rights. No movie company will release a movie franchise like this in only one market it has to be both domestic and foreign! So a deal has to be made! let's hope cooler heads prevail on this one and an agreement can come sooner than later.

Praying something good actually happens from this 

This far from over. Good for Miller, but this is just the beginning. I’ll bet the appeals process began immediately. They always appeal, even if they don’t have much of a case. 

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I would think his lawyers would have already prepared for that possibility. Of course the more I've thought about it maybe this will bring them to the bargaining table. 

A good legal team will be three steps ahead. Anticipation is everything.

2 hours ago, Crispen_Glover said:

Hopefully Sean realizes that settling its the right decision. All that money being wasted on a lawsuit when you could be making more money by making a new movie and having more game content put out  

Money clouds the judgment of some people. I'm hopeful that this will resolve itself fully down the road. As far as content for this game, we'll see.

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

Nor am I. I would think you can appeal the decision reguardless of the side you're on. I suppose it's possible that he can't. But the matter of the rights to the Jason character are still up in the air as well.

I just read Larry Zerner's Twitter. Since he says Cunningham will "most likely appeal", he will definetly have the chance to do so. Larry has great knowledge regarding the copyright topic and certainly enough of a personal interest in this issue to be up to date.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

I just read Larry Zerner's Twitter. Since he says Cunningham will "most likely appeal", he will definetly have the chance to do so. Larry has great knowledge regarding the copyright topic and certainly enough of a personal interest in this issue to be up to date.

I saw it too. Hopefully they'll decide to reach an agreement but I'm not optimistic. 

I really hope both men grow up after this because it was embarrassing watching it unfold with grown men in their 70s. Sean was in the wrong for never cutting a deal with Victor and Victor was wrong for acting as if the iconic character of Jason—as he’s known—was Victor’s sole creation. It was an incredibly sick move of Sean to sue in attempt to block Victor’s valid claim so it leaves the ignorant wondering if Victor hadn’t already tried to strike a deal in the 80s and Sean said no.

Anyway, I do hope both men and their camps move on to relaunch the series. I would hate to see Sean attempting to appeal or, if not appeal, intentionally try to prevent the development of the IP out of spite to keep Victor from profiting. Someone who’s been this vindictive for decades is capable of anything and that is not the lesson here. Good luck and everyone light incense and pray. 

• Like 1

Please, PLEASE this needs to end. I can't believe Freddy, Michael and Chucky keep making stuff and Jason is trapped in a limbo because two old man can't get to a deal. It's just stupid.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, StarringRole said:

I say that as positively that I can, I really dread it because its just going to let everyone down again.

I don’t want to see anyone let down again, but people will inevitably think something is going to change. I’ve seen it on Facebook groups already. It’s important to remember that the game isn’t going to go forward, regardless of the results of the lawsuit. This was something Gun made clear months back. If people don’t want to be disappointed, the easiest thing to do is to come to terms with what they said a long time ago.

In addition, this victory for Miller is only one step in a long process, and only affects U.S. rights. Sean still controls everything foreign, so nothing “new” can go forward anyway without the two coming to an agreement. There will never be any sort of new content added to the game.

• Like 1

If they say no, just ask them to release the DLC already mostly finished. 

There's no reason to not release things like the Pajama Pack.

45 minutes ago, Armani👑 said:

Considering Black Tower studios is in Japan... And they are off the leash from Illfonic...

The future looks interesting.

Can we not make a Saturday the 14th game to get around the lawsuit? Not as catchy I know.. 

39 minutes ago, kohagan said:

Can we not make a Saturday the 14th game to get around the lawsuit? Not as catchy I know.. 

There’s actually a comedy movie from the 80’s spoofing horror films called Saturday the 14th.

So we cant get around that either lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, JackTV said:

There’s actually a comedy movie from the 80’s spoofing horror films called Saturday the 14th.

So we cant get around that either lol.

Surely we could have all club together to buy the license for it. We'd probably only need to raise about $1 :) 

As much as I wish this would change something, there's just no way. The statement from Gun will surely echo their earlier statement - no more new content ever - as sad as that is. :sadchappa:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JackTV said:

I don’t want to see anyone let down again, but people will inevitably think something is going to change.

The disappointment that comes with that is gonna happen regardless.

10 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

Just give me Uber and his kills. It's the last thing I want for this game. I'll just pretend it's Earth 2 and Uber is kicking ass.

That might appease a few people, but others will insist on all the remaining promised content.

9 hours ago, Armani👑 said:

They'll say it's incomplete, and that's reason enough for them.

1 hour ago, Tiffany said:

As much as I wish this would change something, there's just no way. The statement from Gun will surely echo their earlier statement - no more new content ever - as sad as that is.

They've moved on to their next project, so I agree that they are less likely to change their minds at this point.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:39 AM, JackTV said:

I don’t want to see anyone let down again, but people will inevitably think something is going to change. I’ve seen it on Facebook groups already. It’s important to remember that the game isn’t going to go forward, regardless of the results of the lawsuit. This was something Gun made clear months back. If people don’t want to be disappointed, the easiest thing to do is to come to terms with what they said a long time ago.

In addition, this victory for Miller is only one step in a long process, and only affects U.S. rights. Sean still controls everything foreign, so nothing “new” can go forward anyway without the two coming to an agreement. There will never be any sort of new content added to the game.

I'm trying my hardest to keep myself soul destroyed because I really don't want to get it again.

What does have me confused though is why are they going to make us wait for a statement reiterating what they already said?
Can't they just freely say the same exact thing to us? Not that I think they're hinting at the game coming back but maybe some sort of promise for the future?
Just seems a bit silly now that I think about it. Point is they must have something else new at least worthwhile hearing surely?
Not very excited to hear it but I hoping its something interesting at least, if we're waiting to hear an exact repeat worded differently I'll be annoyed to at least not some different news.

I'm assuming they may talk more in depth regarding the lawsuit? Maybe then fill the fans in a little bit on it but then clarify yet again that content is over.

This is nothing more than a TEASE !!  Give us a little hope to chop us down again ! Sean will appeal and it will go on for years to come. Nothings changed ! Hope I'm wrong but I'm guessing I'm not. Plus Sean has 30 days to appeal.

On 9/29/2018 at 1:13 PM, Jasonlives4ever said:

Can we all agree... Shelly (Larry) is franchise MVP?!? All praise to the fro. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Holy crap!... We "might" still get a new movie... without a mention of Jason's mother or backstory in any way relating to the first movie.

Notice they say "hockey masked killer" I'm thinking this is the return of Roy!