PowellCampsNAKED

Victor Miller Wins Lawsuit!

This and Illfonic being replaced is great news for F13 the game.

Since we have some new blood here (black tower) if those two parties (Cunningham/Miller) reach an agreement maybe we will have some new content after all. It brings back a little hope!

• Like 6

Maybe illfonic left because they were made aware of this tidbit early on. Interesting. Definitely some new dlc on the horizon if such a situation mellows out.

21 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

He won the "first round." And this happening in September, combined with Victor Miller officially stating that the game would continue even if he won the lawsuit, confirms that they sure did jump the gun by abandoning the game.

I knew someone was gonna make that pun.

• Haha 3

I've read people saying gun are going to make a statement next week about this, where did that info come from? 

2 minutes ago, kohagan said:

I've read people saying gun are going to make a statement next week about this, where did that info come from? 

Hasn't come from anywhere. Just a rumour.

27 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Hasn't come from anywhere. Just a rumour.

Hate to argue with a mod, but this seems pretty official to me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

Hate to argue with a mod, but this seems pretty official to me.

Oh not arguing, I don't mind being corrected on a mistake :) I must've missed Wes' post (I don't have Twitter). Guess that there will be a statement coming after all!

• Like 3

With this suit resolved for now, I hope the game can move forward. For Gun’s sake, I hope that Gun had in fact been finished with material and will be ready to release, despite their statement earlier this year. If in fact this was settled—at least initially— saying there is an indefinite halt on game production was done hastily. There’s not much Sean can do if the judge sided with a precedent on copyright law, but I stil suspect something will be done on Sean’s behalf to keep this suit or a new one up in the air. We’re not aware of the legal barriers on timeframes concerning this case so I know fans are hoping there is some window of opportunity to push existing content through, however small it may be. Looking forward to this upcoming press release for details.  

I’m hopefull the game can continue, and I really hope Sean just accepts the outcome.

I believe Gun was assuming the worst when they said “no new content “ but if things got resolved much quicker than expected, and if the game still makes money, they would be dumb not to push out new content 

• Like 3

One can hope that maybe, MAYBE something good will come out of this. But who knows. I'm not gonna hold my breath because I can't handle the disappointment with the decisions made regarding the game anymore.

13 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

I really hope Sean just accepts the outcome

I hope the same, but I mean the man didn't want to settle with Miller in the 2 years prior to the cutoff date. I'm putting my money on him appealing. I don't want that to happen, but given the circumstances and his apparent stubborn nature I feel that's the way it's going to go down. ? Please let me be wrong.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

This suit is nowhere near over. Cunningham will definitely appeal.

He only has 30 days to do so.

4 minutes ago, NightofthePodcast said:

I hope the same, but I mean the man didn't want to settle with Miller in the 2 years prior to the cutoff date. I'm putting my money on him appealing. I don't want that to happen, but given the circumstances and his apparent stubborn nature I feel that's the way it's going to go down. ? Please let me be wrong.

He also may be completely sick of dealing with it after 2 years. He’s no spring chicken  and lawsuits can weigh on people in many ways. As well, I suspect Sean’s greed may be an asset in settling the case due to him hoping to reboot the cinematic franchise soon. With the success of Stranger Things, IT, and the new Halloween alternate universe sequel, I can see Sean wanting to quickly green light or helm a similar project. If done right, a new teo or three Part Friday the 13th reboot that mirrors Part 1 and Part 2 and maybe Part 3 could be incredible. I’d enjoy seeing a director fully realize a project that has the same actors or even reaches back into the old cast.It would also be a hoot and a holler to get Adrian King back to play Mrs. Vorhees. Or crazy corey Feldman—the real life Tommy Jarvis— destroyed my childhood trauma to play Tommy again. Or get Amy steel back to Play Ginny 40 years later working as a retired clinician with teens and trauma... maybe even Tommy. There’s a lot of material possibilities, we just need solid writing and good cinematography. Make it happen people.

For me and my buddies, I know we would enjoy seeing a reboot that tries to recapture the first film and Mrs. Vorhees as the original killer. Bring in Jason in a second part because he didn’t die in the first film, he just drown and was comatose as a result, awakening when he overhears that his other was killer. That’s just my idea, someone can write something actually good. 

Again, there is considerable material that can be developed when reexamining the highs and lows of a horror franchise. Fans want to know what happened to these characters and those are the stories to rexonceptualize and tell. Look at the DEMAND for this new Halloween film. They said fuck it we are making another one because we can, screw continuity and ‘canon,’ we want another film and people are on board for the nostalgia. Anthologies are huge these days and Friday is both a continuing series and an anthology as they found new killers and new ways for Jason to resurrect and kill. What do you guys think?

• Like 1

Please....be over, so this game can rise from the dead.

Uber Jason and its map will ressurect this game.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NightofthePodcast said:

Entirely possible that was only because he thought he'd win.

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

He only has 30 days to do so.

I would think his lawyers would have already prepared for that possibility. Of course the more I've thought about it maybe this will bring them to the bargaining table. 

• Like 1

Holy shit this is great news! I really needed it to. I pray that Sean accepts this and makes a fair deal between him and Victor. If not, Sean is going to get a lot of hate if he drags this on. I have a feeling Gun knew a verdict was coming soon, that's why they gave us the dedicated servers this month, hired a new team and they are promoting the game for free next month on PS plus.

15 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

This suit is nowhere near over. Cunningham will definitely appeal.

Is it possible for the suing party to appeal in a case like that? I'm no legal expert, I'm genuinely asking.