Jason Todd Voorhees

A Plea to Sean Cunningham and GunMedia

17 minutes ago, kohagan said:

Ah, didn't know this. 

Yeah, I'd rather have Gun work on a different horror game. Maybe something like 🎃🔪.  But just as long as Illfonic has zero involvement. 

• Like 1

I have suspicion that a Halloween game will be announced because ive seen a YouTube video with an interview with Wes where he says that he would like to do Halloween game next.

Also Ryan Turek seems to be very close to The Gunmedia Team on Twitter .

I suspect that The Gunmedia Team is Gearing up for a full complete Official Halloween game next .

Whats thats you say Dead by Daylight has all ready done a Halloween game .

No Dead by Daylight was not a full complete official Halloween game .

Actually Calling Dead by Daylight a complete official Halloween game is like calling Mortal Kombat a complete official Friday the 13th game just because it has Jason Voorhees as a playable charachter .

I doubt there will be a Halloween game by any studio. If Blumhouse can't make sequels to the movie, that tells me the rights are in a stranglehold like Friday the 13th.

@Strigoi read this article

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2467019/blumhouse-doesnt-actually-have-the-rights-to-make-halloween-sequels-yet

Or this one

https://heroichollywood.com/blumhouse-halloween-sequel-rights/

Edited by F134Ever86

@Strigoi, relax man, even if you’re right we won’t hear about it for months. I get you are excited for the possibility, I think it would be cool too. Here’s the thing though, Gun. could be fishing for the job but there’s no guarantee they’ll get it. 

I don’t think anyone considers Dbd’s Michael a full game. Chat again about it later man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F134Ever86 said:

I doubt there will be a Halloween game by any studio. If Blumhouse can't make sequels to the movie, that tells me the rights are in a stranglehold like Friday the 13th.

Ryan Turek and Blumhouse are allready working on a sequel to The 2018 Halloween movie.

Some people try and shoot down every possible New project that Gunmedia Team could Do.

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@Strigoi, relax man, even if you’re right we won’t hear about it for months. I get you are excited for the possibility, I think it would be cool too. Here’s the thing though, Gun. could be fishing for the job but there’s no guarantee they’ll get it. 

I don’t think anyone considers Dbd’s Michael a full game. Chat again about it later man.

True your right.

But you should see how Blumhouse  guys and Ryan Turek are coresponding with The Gunmedia Team  Guys  on Twitter .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

True your right.

But you should see how Blumhouse  guys and Ryan Turek are coresponding with The Gunmedia Team  Guys  on Twitter .

Try not to double post, use the edit and Tag me. 

Hey, if you want to post highlights of their twitters, people would probably like to know, just try to be less gung-ho about your enthusiasm, it comes off as fight me. I know you’re just excited to get to talk about it. 

9 hours ago, BigJay said:

I don't know a development team that would be willing to work on a second game but hopefully it will happen someday. 

If I had the money, manpower and knowledge of coding, I'd be up for making a sequel. Perhaps one day...

@Strigoi read this article

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2467019/blumhouse-doesnt-actually-have-the-rights-to-make-halloween-sequels-yet

Or this one

https://heroichollywood.com/blumhouse-halloween-sequel-rights/

Thanks for the links. I'd take a read.

11 hours ago, kohagan said:

The best thing to do If the lawsuit settled would be a friday the 13th part 2.

I mean games like cod and battlefield get new games every couple of years, so why not. 

There would have to be a big focus on different game modes to set it apart and make it different to this game. What we have now could be classic mode and maps. More sp Challenges (with a skip button) 

I'd also look at more customisable Jason's and counselors, different perk system - make it a lot more interesting on that front. 

So basically more content, modes and refined gameplay would make a part 2 worthwhile. 

A part 2 Friday would have tons of potential to be a great game. There’s a lot of cool things they could implement. I think a legit story mode that had more of a story to tell compared with the challenges we have in this one would be really cool. A story mode that had a different group of counselors in each part. Like part 1 you as a player could be Pamela and go around killing the entire camp and at the end get beheaded 😮 then there’s part 2, 3, 4, etc however far they want to go. 

4 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I have suspicion that a Halloween game will be announced because ive seen a YouTube video with an interview with Wes where he says that he would like to do Halloween game next.

Also Ryan Turek seems to be very close to The Gunmedia Team on Twitter .

I suspect that The Gunmedia Team is Gearing up for a full complete Official Halloween game next .

Provide links or screenshots to back up your claim. That would be awesome if you were right but sometimes it's just hard to believe you.

6 hours ago, BigJay said:

Provide links or screenshots to back up your claim. That would be awesome if you were right but sometimes it's just hard to believe you.

Im on my Xbox right now so its harder to paste and copy links.

But if you simply Google Blumhouse are allready working on a sequel to the 2018 Halloween movie youd see that im correct.

On 2/21/2019 at 10:49 PM, Fair Play said:

There are many of us who would like to see a sequel. I'm playing it in my mind, until it becomes a reality. 😎

A sequel wouldn't work tho....and Wes stated it wouldn't be right to rehash the game like that just with more DLC/Uber lol.

2 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

A sequel wouldn't work tho....and Wea started it wouldn't be right to rehash the game like that just with more DLC/Uber lol.

We can't say with certainty what would or would not work, until an attempt is made.

Looking at it from another perspective, once the rights are eventually resolved, future F13 projects will come to fruition. I believe many of us here would like to see what the distant future holds. I personally see another game of this type coming into existence. Who makes it or how it turns out all comes down to the creative genius of whomever has the balls to make the attempt. I thank those parties well in advance.

• Like 1

@Jason Todd Voorhees if sequels worked for the films, they can work for the game. Imagine a proper story mode that plays out like a brand new movie where you jump from playing as the killers and the counselors. Imagine a more in depth multiplayer. The possibilities are endless. 

• Like 1

@Jason Todd Voorhees if sequels worked for the films, they can work for the game. Imagine a proper story mode that plays out like a brand new movie where you jump from playing as the killers and the counselors. Imagine a more in depth multiplayer. The possibilities are endless. 

All a sequel would be is a literal repost just with Uber Jason and other content......

2 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

I agree. The future holds a number of possibilities, once the matter of the rights are settled.

10 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

All a sequel would be is a literal repost just with Uber Jason and other content......

Only if they choose to be lazy about it.

Why couldn't they just make it from scratch, improving or changing the games mechanics and map design with the knowledge they got from this game, like a real sequel?

7 hours ago, JasonVsWindows said:

Only if they choose to be lazy about it.

Why couldn't they just make it from scratch, improving or changing the games mechanics and map design with the knowledge they got from this game, like a real sequel?

Because they could do all that with just this game LOL.

52 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

When your right, your right. It makes more sense to just keep expanding this game then later updating the engine for next gen.

1 hour ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

No they can't, I'm talking about actual changes to the mechanics because there are flaws in this game that can not be fixed just by an update or another definitive edition. (none of which have not come with some noticeable bugs)

Just from the top of my head

• Hiding mechanic is worthless in this game for its intended purpose and should be either changed or scraped
  • Improving the gore, (more removable part to the models and more detailed damage then just a blood stain)
  • A playable Pamela
  • Less janky-ness
  • Single player modes designed with their own mechanics rather then reusing the same ones as the multiplayer

I'm just saying by the time this lawsuit is over we are going to be in the next generation of consoles. So if they wanted to give F13th another game after all that time, why rehash it when you could make a new better game? I would personally prefer see an actually squeal that improves upon the original by then rather then just the same game, whos code they can't seem to debug, but with that content they couldn't release by then.

12 hours ago, JasonVsWindows said:

No they can't, I'm talking about actual changes to the mechanics because there are flaws in this game that can not be fixed just by an update or another definitive edition. (none of which have not come with some noticeable bugs)

Just from the top of my head

• Hiding mechanic is worthless in this game for its intended purpose and should be either changed or scraped
  • Improving the gore, (more removable part to the models and more detailed damage then just a blood stain)
  • A playable Pamela
  • Less janky-ness
  • Single player modes designed with their own mechanics rather then reusing the same ones as the multiplayer

I'm just saying by the time this lawsuit is over we are going to be in the next generation of consoles. So if they wanted to give F13th another game after all that time, why rehash it when you could make a new better game? I would personally prefer see an actually squeal that improves upon the original by then rather then just the same game, whos code they can't seem to debug, but with that content they couldn't release by then.

You’re twisting the knife unintentionally right now, I’m sorry to say unless someone drops money on them, we’re never getting a sequel. Wes made it very clear during the last stream of Beyond. 

Glad to see you back in camp, sorry for the bad news. 

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You’re twisting the knife unintentionally right now, I’m sorry to say unless someone drops money on them, we’re never getting a sequel. Wes made it very clear during the last stream of Beyond. 

Glad to see you back in camp, sorry for the bad news. 

Yeah, I get that this is a big IF I'm talking about.

9 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I just saw that Sean Cunningham withdrew his appeal! Is this the tiny sliver of hope we need??!!

I hope so. Larry Zerner said it could have been withdrawn due to a typographical error though. Keeping my fingers crossed!