Jason Todd Voorhees

A Plea to Sean Cunningham and GunMedia

To Sean Cunningham, PLEASE! SETTLE THIS! We do not want this freezing the Franchise! You will be losing money more than you are gaining!

To GunMedia, PLEASE! FOR THE LOVE OF THE FANBASE ITSELF! Revoke this "No More DLC" claws! Please for the love of God some of us just want the promised content we desperately waited for!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

To Sean Cunningham, PLEASE! SETTLE THIS! We do not want this freezing the Franchise! You will be losing money more than you are gaining!

To GunMedia, PLEASE! FOR THE LOVE OF THE FANBASE ITSELF! Revoke this "No More DLC" claws! Please for the love of God some of us just want the promised content we desperately waited for!

Great post!

7 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Great post!

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Azmodan_Rising said:

Agreed! Greed though.... Hard to compete with. In the end, we all know what it's about and comes down too.

Let's just have hope!

20 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

While I agree with you entirely,  I'm not holding my breath. 

Why?

• Like 1

As nice as it is that Miller won, it's hard to say if Gun would reconsider their stance on new content. It would be nice if they did, but only time will tell.

1 hour ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Why?

Because the two men seem to hate one another, making an appeal likely. Even if they agree to try to reach a settlement, it'll take time, probably at least 6 months to a year or more. I hope I'm wrong. But I fear I'm not. 

32 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Because the two men seem to hate one another, making an appeal likely. Even if they agree to try to reach a settlement, it'll take time, probably at least 6 months to a year or more. I hope I'm wrong. But I fear I'm not. 

It's been 35 years. There's a lot of animosity between these two. I'm happy that a ruling has been made. But knowing that Gun has long since moved most of their staff to another project, I'm not looking for a lot of promise for this game. I'll be happy if we get anything, but I'm not looking for it to happen.

3 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

This is far from over as I doubt Sean is not gonna apeal. And this isnt about money today, as the franchise pulls in millions. This is about billions over the next 20+ years. We the fans kinda of get the shaft here but we would be doing the same if it was any of us. Like I said I highly doubt this is anywhere close to being done.

No new content is coming so people need to get over that as its been 4 months now. If the games getting new content I would assume at best its clothing as I doubt they go back in all the way. Now a new game....thats more realistic IMO

51 minutes ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

This is far from over as I doubt Sean is not gonna apeal. And this isnt about money today, as the franchise pulls in millions. This is about billions over the next 20+ years. We the fans kinda of get the shaft here but we would be doing the same if it was any of us. Like I said I highly doubt this is anywhere close to being done.

No new content is coming so people need to get over that as its been 4 months now. If the games getting new content I would assume at best its clothing as I doubt they go back in all the way. Now a new game....thats more realistic IMO

I agree that the people in the middle get the shaft on this one. I'm not looking for anything at this point in the way of content. I just hope the game's major bugs get fixed. As far as a follow-up game, I'd like to see another company take a shot at this franchise when the opportunity ever arises again.

It's not that Gun Media doesn't want to make new content; when you don't have enough money going around and have already been forced to lay off of employees, it's hard to just get back to square one. Or as Wes plainly said: 

6 hours ago, Fair Play said:

As nice as it is that Miller won, it's hard to say if Gun would reconsider their stance on new content. It would be nice if they did, but only time will tell.

Let's all hope!

3 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

It's not that Gun Media doesn't want to make new content; when you don't have enough money going around and have already been forced to lay off of employees, it's hard to just get back to square one. Or as Wes plainly said: 

They just got new employees especially ones who helped with the game content.

5 hours ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

Let's not think of that! 

43 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Let's all hope! 

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst...

Of the combined players left from the 3 platforms. There will be a lot of disappointed people come Monday when you all hear what we've already heard.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Of the combined players left from the 3 platforms. There will be a lot of disappointed people come Monday when you all hear what we've already heard.

Hey man lets just pray! Let's show GunMedia that we want this! That we all want what was promised!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

I agree with you. Wes already made this statement loud and clear....’These questions vary but all have a similar tone/request. “Is there a chance of any content being added to the game if a ruling on the dispute occurs in the near future?” The answer is no. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Brian76 said:

I agree with you. Wes already made this statement loud and clear....’These questions vary but all have a similar tone/request. “Is there a chance of any content being added to the game if a ruling on the dispute occurs in the near future?” The answer is no. 

?I'm not expecting anything positive, but they have a new developer company replacing Illfonic. So his response may change to something more mixed. 

• Like 1

Don't hold your breath everyone. I'm not sure if anything will change but to be honest, I don't think it will anytime soon. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

There has been a lot of disappointment with this game already. More disappointed people won't make a difference.

7 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Hey man lets just pray! Let's show GunMedia that we want this! That we all want what was promised!

I think they know we want this. Unfortunately, broken promises are a thing.

39 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Don't hold your breath everyone. I'm not sure if anything will change but to be honest, I don't think it will anytime soon. 

A lot of people are on this same page. It would be nice if things changed, but I'm not looking for it to happen.

11 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Lets stay positive Kodiak! Let's have hope! We can't sit here and just accept something that could and can be changed!

Content aside.

Reasons why Sean should actually just settle for the betterment of the future of the franchise and his own legacy...

1. He's no spring chicken

2. He's financially secure as is his family

3. Going to the grave, wouldn't you want to be known as a guy who helped secure the future of the franchise for your family's financial future (think the Akkad family with Halloween) after you're gone as opposed to being known as the guy who died, leaving the franchise in limbo?

There is more to gain long term from settling than not.

• Like 2

I backed gun for this game, it, it was great at launch, but all the changes, dance emotes, Jason nerfs(which brought in trolls) and bugs combined me that gun just doesn’t care, this was a cash grab all along , and they used the lawsuit as an excuse to bail. Nothing will change except the excuse, people waited forever for the engine upgrade, and I know people would wait months for them to get a team together to continue with content, they just don’t want to do it anymore, I would respect them more if they would just say the truth. Even now... why can gun or Wes just come on here again and make another quick statement say what he said before , in that there will be no more content , instead of making people have hope, it’s just rude. 

It was guns decision to stop content, because they didn’t want to get dragged in the lawsuit, being a small company I understand that, big companies like neca continue to pump out new product , I just got my part 5 Jason dream sequence figures that just dropped( I have  triples of them all as they make part 2,3,4,5,and 6, they are making part 7 and 8 next) even the puzzle game added ghost Jason because he was already in the game, well guess what Jason x was already in the game, they were just to lazy to finish him, but they tell us (and people actually believe them LOL!) that they can’t add a rock , mean while neca is making new figures (The licensing thing  would have applied to any new product) I don’t know know why gun continues to lie , we all know illfonic was horrible and caused all the delays, bad programming etc, and is the reason why we didn’t get Jason X,  A thing that was promised, they were slow, lazy and are the reason why there was never a date on when new content or patches were coming out, because they never made a deadline, now they are gone(thank goodness) so what is going to be the excuse now?

The game will be free in October and you can bet that they will sell the current Jason’s , kills and clothes for one more cash grab.

p.s  I really hope I am wrong but all gun has done is disappoint me I expect nothing different

also to all, the people who slammed Victor miller, you should be writing apologies , it well known that Cunningham isn’t the greatest guy in the world, has screwed allot of people in the industry and didn’t even have anything to do with the Jason we have today, he wanted to “get rid of the damn hockey mask” remember ? , I was the only one defending miller and got crap for it , I’m glad they have to pay him, and for the record Victor miller has personally stated he had zero problem with the video game. Cunningham was the aggressor, it was his greed that led to this court thing in the first place. Justice has prevailed

• Like 2

He will most likely appeal and try to get the court dates are far from now as he can and if the decision is over turned he will still try to get the settlement date as far away as possible. I think horror inc is just going to keep this in the courts until Miller is no more.