Sign in to follow this  
FinLadd

You need only 2 People to kill jason... What!!!!

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

The main two suggestions I've seen to make killing Jason harder is upping his HP, and marking the power box to the Jarvis radio on the map for Jason. Marking the power box being the one I think that would make the biggest difference. 

Marking the power box, I could live with that.

I think it gives jason another option to consider whether he wants to take care of trapping vehicles/ phone or cutting power first now that he knows the radio shack easier. 

It also doesn't wildly make much difference to counsellor, other than they likely have another important objective to repair power if they want jarvis. 

I always hunt the noob counselors first, as I don’t want that aggressive high level Adam coming back as Tommy. I’d prefer the Kenny who can’t seem to drop a trap. ? 

• Haha 2

I agree it's a bit too easy these days, you get a pocket knife with Vanessa or Tiffany and get the sweater, while your friends group to hit Jason several times and take his mask off.

I always thought we should've a specific blonde female counselor (without great speed or stamina) in order to take the sweater and trick Jason.

The problem with Jason knowing where the radio is, is that the chances of spawning back as Tommy are slim enough already. The big issue is how people can control who ends up as Tommy. Find the radio at the beginning, call Tommy, two players suicide. It would make a big difference if that weren't possible and groups had to deal with random players coming back as Tommy. For the record, the different ways people can control it:

1. Suicide using windows. Should disqualify you from coming back as Tommy.

2. Stepping in another player's trap. An alternative, since it's not considered suicide. Also needs to go. Although I've seen players caught in a trap set by a troll, have yet to see someone die from it.

3. Starting the car early and running each other over. Honestly if you can get the car started before anyone dies, might as well just escape and come back as Tommy anyway.

4. Tank Jason's traps. Not really a problem. Two players would have to first find the radio, then find two traps and die by them, before anyone else dies. Wouldn't happen often enough to justify any changes.

5. Find Jason and make him kill you. If Jason knows you're hunting him, expect him to be smart enough not to fall for that.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2018 at 11:38 PM, aurllcooljay said:

The problem with Jason knowing where the radio is, is that the chances of spawning back as Tommy are slim enough already.

I can understand a argument of making the Tommy call easy(free) when this game launched to introduce the "hero" concept to players, we have since gotten to the point the Tommy is a after thought and many people view him as a 2nd lease on life for bad players.  Personally, IMO making the call harder (not free) will positively effect both Jason and counselor play.  While I don't exactly mind on how objective-like killing Jason mechanic is, I find it unfair that unlike other objectives where Jason has a opportinity to defend it, it's not always true for Tommy.  Most QP Tommy calls go unchallenged, setting-up Tommy + Sweater easily.  A good Jason can have a terrific game, then suddenly die only because he failed to prevent the call and both the female and Tommy are on the same page.  From the counselor side, it emphasizes the importance of making that call, if Jason leaves it open in favor of the fuse or car, then you better call it now while it's free.  If a party has a member that got unlucky, then the challenge to posibly bring him back as Tommy can be trilling.  Kill squads will actually have to work on objectives to entice Jason to use his morph and leave that Box unguarded.  Making Tommy's call more like other objectives is good for both ends of the meta, and the work to get a max stat character, spawns with a gun, med, and PK, and has the ability to end the game more than justifies just giving Jason that radio location.

• Like 1

I 100% agree. The only thing marking the radio does is give Jasons the option to defend it. More options in a game is almost always a good thing.

On 9/27/2018 at 5:17 PM, AJViolet said:

I agree it's a bit too easy these days, you get a pocket knife with Vanessa or Tiffany and get the sweater, while your friends group to hit Jason several times and take his mask off.

I always thought we should've a specific blonde female counselor (without great speed or stamina) in order to take the sweater and trick Jason.

Most of the Jason hunters and troll use Vanessa beating up and running away from Jason takes zero effort with her, 9 times out of 10 when you hear mother at the shack it’s Vanessa , it’s sad because at launch nobody wanted to be Vanessa , Jason was a force, and Vanessa could be seen from all over the map, just shows how much they nerfed Jason 

15 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

Most of the Jason hunters and troll use Vanessa beating up and running away from Jason takes zero effort with her, 9 times out of 10 when you hear mother at the shack it’s Vanessa , it’s sad because at launch nobody wanted to be Vanessa , Jason was a force, and Vanessa could be seen from all over the map, just shows how much they nerfed Jason 

Players avoided Vanessa at launch for the same reason why players pick her now, it's the "illusion" of promised success. Remember, at launch, what stats mattered wasn't entirely understood at the time which lead many guides to list AJ as a top survivor while ranking counselors like Chad as trash.  Vanessa is the clear cut best counsoler, which is why she is unfairly associated as a troll counselor.  She is the best and many legitimate players also do use her as much as trolls.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Players avoided Vanessa at launch for the same reason why players pick her now, it's the "illusion" of promised success. Remember, at launch, what stats mattered wasn't entirely understood at the time which lead many guides to list AJ as a top survivor while ranking counselors like Chad as trash.  Vanessa is the clear cut best counsoler, which is why she is unfairly associated as a troll counselor.  She is the best and many legitimate players also do use her as much as trolls.

@malloymk  was definitely a great player, and no troll. He went to dead by daylight, but almost always used Vanessa to the utmost effect. "She's just the best, I can work with a 2 repair. And who cares about stealth in this game anyway?" Facts are her high speed, stam, and luck. Combined with a 4 str for demask makes her an ideal pick for most players. I like Jenny, but that's me. And, as far as the OP goes. 2 players who know the game, female sweater and my man TJ has been the winning combo forever. As far as a skilled Tommy goes, yeah I've seen bad ones. But, if you escape early and win the draw for TJ it's lights out for alot of J players.

10 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

As far as a skilled Tommy goes, yeah I've seen bad ones. But, if you escape early and win the draw for TJ it's lights out for alot of J players.

You know I'm a big fan of Jenny (<3), but I've gotten tired of bad Tommys too, so unless I want a challenge working with others, still pick Jenny about 30% of  the time, I'll pick Vanessa or Fox for QP killing.  With a proper kill-sqaud though, doesn't matter, and Jenny's high luck is a good asset keeping weapons while backing Tommy for the mask.

One big perk of using No Fear Jenny is...... No Fear Tommy.  Now that is some broken shit, LOL

4 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

You know I'm a big fan of Jenny (<3), but I've gotten tired of bad Tommys too, so unless I want a challenge working with others, still pick Jenny about 30% of  the time, I'll pick Vanessa or Fox for QP killing.  With a proper kill-sqaud though, doesn't matter, and Jenny's high luck is a good asset keeping weapons while backing Tommy for the mask.

One big perk of using No Fear Jenny is...... No Fear Tommy.  Now that is some broken shit, LOL

Right! No fear Tommy is just amazing! I've been going with Jenny for obvious reasons, or Eric if I wanna fix. I LOVE running Eric in QP, Jasons get so excited when they see him alone and will forgo any noise cues to kill him. With a no fear build I can really frustrate them with his 5 luck, last night I was beating this guy from cabin to cabin for 7 minutes straight. Four seater rolled by, then the two. So I lead him to the water line and collected two knives and a spray. He gave up and went for a fox at the barn at Higgins, luckily I found the fuse by the lake as well. Fox died, but me and a Shelly got out.

• Sad 1

How about this: In order to call Tommy, the radio first has to be repaired. If at any time you fail one of the button prompts, Jason is alerted to the exact location of the radio.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

The attack style evolved as players got better. Jason just needs some tweeks. It's always been tough taking on a group even when Jason could use "The Force." It's a design flaw. One you can't fix without adding some new things. But adjusting hit points, stun resistance values, melee range and damage and speeding up the grab animation or reverse it completely and go with the old one are not out of the question. 

Lock the shack and add a tunnel from a random cabin maybe a network accessed via the closets. You can unlock the shack when you get there.  I've seen the space underneath the Friday Maps and it changed me..

15 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

How about this: In order to call Tommy, the radio first has to be repaired. If at any time you fail one of the button prompts, Jason is alerted to the exact location of the radio.

I like this! Good idea here. That power box is automatically broken at the start, yet shows up just the same as the others to Jason. Give it a failed check sound cue of it's own, and that could work!

On 9/28/2018 at 2:38 AM, aurllcooljay said:

The problem with Jason knowing where the radio is, is that the chances of spawning back as Tommy are slim enough already. The big issue is how people can control who ends up as Tommy. Find the radio at the beginning, call Tommy, two players suicide. It would make a big difference if that weren't possible and groups had to deal with random players coming back as Tommy. For the record, the different ways people can control it:

1. Suicide using windows. Should disqualify you from coming back as Tommy.

2. Stepping in another player's trap. An alternative, since it's not considered suicide. Also needs to go. Although I've seen players caught in a trap set by a troll, have yet to see someone die from it.

3. Starting the car early and running each other over. Honestly if you can get the car started before anyone dies, might as well just escape and come back as Tommy anyway.

4. Tank Jason's traps. Not really a problem. Two players would have to first find the radio, then find two traps and die by them, before anyone else dies. Wouldn't happen often enough to justify any changes.

5. Find Jason and make him kill you. If Jason knows you're hunting him, expect him to be smart enough not to fall for that.

I'm not a Jason hunter, hardly ever go for the kill. But IRL Tommy Jarvis is my hero, so since the start I have tried to fix and roll quickly for a shot to be the man. But, I have seen all kinds of ways players kill themselves for it. Dive through closed windows, then a bit of the old in out till they die... Lol, never quite understood it. But, to each his own. I just like coming back, assessing the situation and doing whatever is necessary to get everyone safely out. If that means killing Jason I'll do it, but only if that's the ONLY option. I like the challenge of calling the cops, fixing cars to drive around and pick up people. Drive them to safety, then if anyone is left I'll hop out and tell them to either get out or drive back to pick them up while I watch out for Jason. The only time I will pursue the J kill is if he's an asshole, otherwise I have the badge so I would rather escape.

20 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Because stealth is trash and needs to be reworked. Most sweater girls I encounter are either Vanessa or Tiffany purely based in the high speed and stamina stats. I do however believe that Tiffany is just as good of a distraction/kiter as Vanessa is...she’s just not as well rounded as Vanessa because a lot of Tiffany’s point went into stealth which again doesn’t really matter in game. A lot of players who do play Tiffany run around and do NOTHING of importance. I will attempt to put gas/battery in the car and maybe even the fuse if I have to...even with a 1 repair you can get objectives done if Jason is distracted.

My unbiased tier list of female counselors

1. Vanessa

2. Tiffany

3. Jenny

4. Fox

5. Victoria (she’s good but very mediocre and doesn’t excel in any stat and any other counselor can do it better than she can)

6. Deborah

7. AJ

With Victoria she’s just too mediocre for my taste...sure she can run and have stamina but is not as good as Tiffany/Vanessa. She can repair decently but she isn’t as good as Fox/AJ/Debbie. She has bad composure/strength. Her high luck is matched by Jenny but Jenny is better with bullying Jason due to being less likely to trip and get into full fear. She’s just not the best in any stat.

1 hour ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Because stealth is trash and needs to be reworked. Most sweater girls I encounter are either Vanessa or Tiffany purely based in the high speed and stamina stats. I do however believe that Tiffany is just as good of a distraction/kiter as Vanessa is...she’s just not as well rounded as Vanessa because a lot of Tiffany’s point went into stealth which again doesn’t really matter in game. A lot of players who do play Tiffany run around and do NOTHING of importance. I will attempt to put gas/battery in the car and maybe even the fuse if I have to...even with a 1 repair you can get objectives done if Jason is distracted.

While stealth is not a strong stat, its isn't entirely useless.  If Jason is far off, he won't see Tiff or AJ ping unlike he would on Vanessa or Bugzy.  While close to Jason though, sense undermines it outdoors, which leaves stealth only useful for indoor kiting/hiding during post-rage.  For all the "gifts" granted to Vanessa, that is something she can't do.  No-fear Jenny is extremely good with this since she is tight-lipped with good stealth.  I've made several Jason rage-quit on Pinehurst since he can't find me inside the large facility, lol.  Other counselors like Chad or Tiff can do this as well, but have to get that initial scream out of the way, and stay somewhat close to Jason (without the player noticing) since if he wonders too far, the scream will reset.

As much as I hate to admit, I actually put Victoria slightly above Jenny.  While No-fear Jenny is one of the best builds, it does limit combinations of great perks, which makes Victoria more versatile fitting more player playstyles.  I still rather play Jenny, since I value not stumbling, and its nice to have my full hub around Jason, since I'm consistently am.

2 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

My unbiased tier list of female counselors

1. Vanessa

2. Tiffany

3. Jenny

4. Fox

5. Victoria (she’s good but very mediocre and doesn’t excel in any stat and any other counselor can do it better than she can)

6. Deborah

7. AJ

With Victoria she’s just too mediocre for my taste...sure she can run and have stamina but is not as good as Tiffany/Vanessa. She can repair decently but she isn’t as good as Fox/AJ/Debbie. She has bad composure/strength. Her high luck is matched by Jenny but Jenny is better with bullying Jason due to being less likely to trip and get into full fear. She’s just not the best in any stat.

I can't entirely agree with your list as what you plan do in a game would greatly impact rankings. I would agree with Vanessa being number one. After that it gets harder.

I could never agree with Tiffany being number two. Number two needs to be viable at repairing. Tiffany isn't. True,  you can get the job done with a one repair character. But the time investment is just too great. Add in her weak fighting skills and realistically all she has is the ability to run.

My list would probably beas follows.

1) Vanessa. Other then be stealthy she can do anything you need.

2) Fox. Same reason as Vanessa. She's not as strong a runner, but is better rounded.

3) Jenny. She's overall an excellent choice and can fill whatever roll you need outside of a runner. Her only real drawback is the one strength. 

4) Victoria. She's a very Jack (or perhaps Jill) of all trades. She can fight, repair, and run all with impressive effect.

5) A.J. I feel like she gets a bad rap, and is underestimated alot. Her passable speed and stamina are enough to get her to her destination without a problem. Her solid repair and stealth allow for quick and sneaky repairs early game. Lastly her composure allows her to make an extended chase if need be. Her only real negative is her abysmal luck which can be fatal if she needs to fight.

6) Tiffany. As I said earlier, she can run. That's about all she has. Don't get me wrong, I still like Tiffany. She's still a solid choice for trying to survive the night or playing the distraction role. But the one role she's meant to play she's simply outclassed in.

7) Deborah. She's another that is just kinda lacking. She can quick repair and go unnoticed for a while. That's about it. She has weak luck, stamina, and composure. The three most important stats in the game in my eyes. She can't run. She can't fight. All she can do is hopefully get early game fixes in and escape before Jason finds her.

5 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I can't entirely agree with your list as what you plan do in a game would greatly impact rankings. I would agree with Vanessa being number one. After that it gets harder.

I could never agree with Tiffany being number two. Number two needs to be viable at repairing. Tiffany isn't. True,  you can get the job done with a one repair character. But the time investment is just too great. Add in her weak fighting skills and realistically all she has is the ability to run.

My list would probably beas follows.

1) Vanessa. Other then be stealthy she can do anything you need.

2) Fox. Same reason as Vanessa. She's not as strong a runner, but is better rounded.

3) Jenny. She's overall an excellent choice and can fill whatever roll you need outside of a runner. Her only real drawback is the one strength. 

4) Victoria. She's a very Jack (or perhaps Jill) of all trades. She can fight, repair, and run all with impressive effect.

5) A.J. I feel like she gets a bad rap, and is underestimated alot. Her passable speed and stamina are enough to get her to her destination without a problem. Her solid repair and stealth allow for quick and sneaky repairs early game. Lastly her composure allows her to make an extended chase if need be. Her only real negative is her abysmal luck which can be fatal if she needs to fight.

6) Tiffany. As I said earlier, she can run. That's about all she has. Don't get me wrong, I still like Tiffany. She's still a solid choice for trying to survive the night or playing the distraction role. But the one role she's meant to play she's simply outclassed in.

7) Deborah. She's another that is just kinda lacking. She can quick repair and go unnoticed for a while. That's about it. She has weak luck, stamina, and composure. The three most important stats in the game in my eyes. She can't run. She can't fight. All she can do is hopefully get early game fixes in and escape before Jason finds her.

I guess I’m think more “survivability” and Tiffany can survive the night just as well as Vanessa can. They had to balance her somewhere because if she had a higher repair stat she’d more viable than Vanessa because of her higher stealth stat and already high speed stat and tied stamina stat. A lot of these characters you either have to repair with or you’re dead. Jason players will pick off the easy targets first which is why you always see non-repair counselors surviving the night and not AJ and Deborah lasting the clock. They just can’t handle a tunneling.

Victoria, I just can’t put her high on my tier list because she’s so mediocre in stats. If I want a runner I’ll play Tiffany and Vanessa. If I want a bully counselor I’ll play Jenny. If I want a repair counselor I’ll play Deborah. There is nothing she can do that another counselor can’t do better. The reason I do put Jenny above Victoria is because she is better suited for combat. She is less likely to trip, do you know how many times I’ve caught that asshole Victoria teabagging when she tripped before a swing? Jenny rarely if ever trips and they both have the same luck stat. Victoria is slightly better at running and repair but they both aren’t the BEST at it. The running and repair combo is what Vanessa is better at. Victoria isn’t my cup of tea to say the least.

I guess I do have the list at my own personal experience, so yeah...probably not unbiased. I’ve had hundreds (if not over a thousand) matches where I’ve played the Tiffster and survived the night while repairing and being distraction. I can’t shy away from my main squeeze. Of course I can probably survive the night with any counselor but Tiffany is one of the better counselors with survivability in my opinion.

3 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I guess I’m think more “survivability” and Tiffany can survive the night just as well as Vanessa can. They had to balance her somewhere because if she had a higher repair stat she’d more viable than Vanessa because of her higher stealth stat and already high speed stat and tied stamina stat. A lot of these characters you either have to repair with or you’re dead. Jason players will pick off the easy targets first which is why you always see non-repair counselors surviving the night and not AJ and Deborah lasting the clock. They just can’t handle a tunneling.

Victoria, I just can’t put her high on my tier list because she’s so mediocre in stats. If I want a runner I’ll play Tiffany and Vanessa. If I want a bully counselor I’ll play Jenny. If I want a repair counselor I’ll play Deborah. There is nothing she can do that another counselor can’t do better. The reason I do put Jenny above Victoria is because she is better suited for combat. She is less likely to trip, do you know how many times I’ve caught that asshole Victoria teabagging when she tripped before a swing? Jenny rarely if ever trips and they both have the same luck stat. Victoria is slightly better at running and repair but they both aren’t the BEST at it. The running and repair combo is what Vanessa is better at. Victoria isn’t my cup of tea to say the least.

I guess I do have the list at my own personal experience, so yeah...probably not unbiased. I’ve had hundreds (if not over a thousand) matches where I’ve played the Tiffster and survived the night while repairing and being distraction. I can’t shy away from my main squeeze. Of course I can probably survive the night with any counselor but Tiffany is one of the better counselors with survivability in my opinion.

I understand. I think I lean more towards the characters that fill multiple roles if needed. I'm by no means saying Tiffany is bad. I just prefer to escape rather then run the clock. All of them are more viable for that in my opinion.

4 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I understand. I think I lean more towards the characters that fill multiple roles if needed. I'm by no means saying Tiffany is bad. I just prefer to escape rather then run the clock. All of them are more viable for that in my opinion.

Oh for sure if you are looking to escape then Tiffany is not the counselor you want to use. She is probably gonna have to steal a seat in the four seater if she wants to escape or hope the cops are called. On the other hand if she is the last one left alive it’ll be a lot easier for her to run down the clock than it would be for Debbie.

Me on the other hand...I can escape with ease, but I find it boring. I’ve been playing this game for so long that I like the thrill of fighting off Jason. Escapes become boring. Facing the killer is a lot more fun than stealthing and escaping. I like to play distraction and that is where Tiffany shines. Three hits from a bat is more than enough to fend off Jason for some time and she’ll rarely run out of stamina if you are good at manging it.

ANY counselor is viable if you play them a certain way and if it fits your playstyle. I like head on head contact with Jason so I normally choose Tiffany and Jenny. If you’d rather escape then I suggest AJ and Deborah.