Dedicated Server Update 9/26 – All Platforms

• Fixed a search cancelling issue where a player could become stuck while cancelling out of a Quick Play match search
  • Fixed an issue where server uptime could cause a handshake failure when connecting to a game server (this caused the "infinite connection" issue)

Today's HotFix update should start going live for all players at approximately 4pm Eastern. Please keep in mind that the update may take a while to roll out to all players on all platforms. This hotfix represents the final update from IllFonic for Friday the 13th: The Game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 5

I sure hope the new "developer" has a clue as to what they are doing. The fact that the game is left with so many glaring bugs and issues is a huge slap in the face from Illfonic to Gun Media (and the entire Friday the 13th franchise and all the fans for that matter). Sad. 

@ShiftySamurai Thanks for the update announcement. We appreciate Gun Media and everything you guys have done. 

• Like 3

I wasn't aware of either of these issues, but cool! Make this game great again! death to the bugs!

RIP IllFonic...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I wasn't aware of either of these issues, but cool! Make this game great again! death to the bugs!

RIP IllFonic...

They are issues that don't come up often, but when they do they are extremely annoying to affected players.

Who is taking over and are they going to continue to work on the bugs to make this game 100%? I still enjoy playing it esp. with the good connection speeds due to dedicated servers. Also noticed the violent shaking during kills is gone from the couple of games ive seen on XB1, so I bought the Part 2 kill pack :D

5 minutes ago, LeDunk 6 said:

Who is taking over and are they going to continue to work on the bugs to make this game 100%? I still enjoy playing it esp. with the good connection speeds due to dedicated servers. Also noticed the violent shaking during kills is gone from the couple of games ive seen on XB1, so I bought the Part 2 kill pack :D

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/21281-friday-the-13th-the-game-new-lead-development-partner/

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

They are issues that don't come up often, but when they do they are extremely annoying to affected players.

I'll ask a question, A new developer (Black Tower Studios) will be to this official forum and official discord server to update announcements?

Yo can you guys fix the problem with the random counselor and random Jason when queuing. I set one as default and it automatically goes to random every time 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Dedicated Server Update 9/26 – All Platforms

• Fixed a search cancelling issue where a player could become stuck while cancelling out of a Quick Play match search
  • Fixed an issue where server uptime could cause a handshake failure when connecting to a game server (this caused the "infinite connection" issue)

Today's HotFix update should start going live for all players at approximately 4pm Eastern. Please keep in mind that the update may take a while to roll out to all players on all platforms. This hotfix represents the final update from IllFonic for Friday the 13th: The Game.

Regarded to the first issue it's really solved. The second issue I think I never had.

Thanks a lot.

Next step is to add more servers in South America, it's always very hard to find servers in Brazil these days.

1 hour ago, AJViolet said:

Regarded to the first issue it's really solved. The second issue I think I never had.

Thanks a lot.

Next step is to add more servers in South America, it's always very hard to find servers in Brazil these days.

could always move to US! haha JK JK..

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MortenMagnePal said:

9GB for two little fixes ? still can't play on the EU servers.

They always re-release the entire game for redownload after a patch for whatever reason. 

• Like 1

Be nice if they actually fixed the interaction lock! Also, guns still stick to counselors and interaction lock them that way. Making a delay after firing didnt fix it, it only made a delay after firing so Jason can get you. Hope these new devs can actually fix stuff! Illfonic should be sued by Gunmedia for not delivering a working game over a year later! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyproduce said:

Be nice if they actually fixed the interaction lock! Also, guns still stick to counselors and interaction lock them that way. Making a delay after firing didnt fix it, it only made a delay after firing so Jason can get you. Hope these new devs can actually fix stuff! Illfonic should be sued by Gunmedia for not delivering a working game over a year later! 

It happened to me on xbox yesterday except with the flair gun. Interaction locked, but unlimited stamina because that locked, too.

12 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Will one day would we be able to get 60 FPS on consoles.

He would make the game smoother and i mean you have all the ressources now, there is no more content same applies for a PS4 Pro/ Xbox One X upgrade patch.

Do you think it's possible shifty.

7 hours ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

Um dia poderemos obter 60 FPS em consoles?

Ele tornaria o jogo mais suave e quero dizer que você tem todos os recursos agora, não há mais conteúdo igual se aplica para um patch de atualização do PS4 Pro / Xbox One X.

Você acha que é possível shifty.

No, because would be unfair for old ps4 and xbox players

4 hours ago, i-cold said:

No, because would be unfair for old ps4 and xbox players

Of course it's fair bro, like other games it's just a patch, many games have this enhancement  this days. You will donwload just if you have Xbox One X or PS4 Pro.

Please bring Pamela's laugh and wallpapers between lobbies back.

We are facing randomized counselors and Jasons again, this is a annoying bug.

18 minutes ago, DawnOfTheDeadBr said:

Of course it's fair bro, like other games it's just a patch, many games have this enhancement  this days. You will donwload just if you have Xbox One X or PS4 Pro.

If you play online with old consoles players is unfair 

more fps = better gameplay