Sign in to follow this  
Y2scoob

F13 The Game - Free for PS+ in October

Woah. What is going on with this game now. New developers and free on PS Plus? They are either planning something big or have completely given up. It’s hard to say

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is great news. Although I’ve never had a hard time finding players on PS4, even in the early morning hours. This will just help extend the games life, and maybe A big maybe that lawsuit settles, and new content can resume. 🤞

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Woah. What is going on with this game now. New developers and free on PS Plus? They are either planning something big or have completely given up. It’s hard to say

They gave up on plans for new content, but they could have a change of heart.

1 hour ago, dandop1984 said:

This is great news. Although I’ve never had a hard time finding players on PS4, even in the early morning hours. This will just help extend the games life, and maybe A big maybe that lawsuit settles, and new content can resume. 🤞

I won't hold my breath for new content, but if it happens, it happens.

As soon as I heard, I popped the disc in my ps4 for the first time in months to get some practice in as I'm no doubt rusty as all hell. First time with the dedicated servers too... gave up trying to play as it was searching for half an hour and it joined zero games. Damnit.

10 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I won't hold my breath for new content, but if it happens, it happens.

Don't jinx it, man. 😡

Gun Media: "Alright, were gonna have the game for free on PS+."

Illfonic: "I quit."

56 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

Don't jinx it, man. 😡

Gun Media: "Alright, were gonna have the game for free on PS+."

Illfonic: "I quit."

I'm just keeping it real dude. No jinxing intended. We'll see what Black Tower can do to restore this game's good name, if possible...

I think it's a great idea. It's an addictive game and I think many will want to keep playing when the month is up i.e. buy the game. I wish them well. 

@ShiftySamurai

Do players get access to the single player components as well? Or just multiplayer? 

4 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I think it's a great idea. It's an addictive game and I think many will want to keep playing when the month is up i.e. buy the game. I wish them well. 

@ShiftySamurai

Do players get access to the single player components as well? Or just multiplayer? 

I would think they would have access to everything that players already have minus the paid DLC and Savini Jason.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I would think they would have access to everything that players already have minus the paid DLC and Savini Jason.

Cool. Should kickstart DLC sales as well when the month is up. 

18 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Cool. Should kickstart DLC sales as well when the month is up. 

Anything to keep the game going a bit longer...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Anything to keep the game going a bit longer...

Wasn't there a time before DLC was a thing when multiplayer games would go on for years through sales? Though I appreciate the games industry road map, costs and industry has changed. I'm sure I used to play Unreal Tournament and Alien Vs Predator 2 on-line for years before the age of DLC? 

I appreciate no new DLC does put a ceiling on profits somewhat - but with this license surely it will generally have profitable sales for a couple of years yet? I can't believe this lawsuit can drag on for any longer than two years. 

2 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

Wasn't there a time before DLC was a thing when multiplayer games would go on for years through sales? Though I appreciate the games industry road map, costs and industry has changed. I'm sure I used to play Unreal Tournament and Alien Vs Predator 2 on-line for years before the age of DLC? 

I appreciate no new DLC does put a ceiling on profits somewhat - but with this license surely it will have generally have profitable sales for a couple of years yet? I can't believe thie lawsuit can drag on for any longer than two years. 

I enjoyed the old days of gaming before DLC. Quake II is one of my favorite games from the past. The number of players have dropped massively, but after 20+ years, there are still a few hundred people playing it.

As far as the lawsuit, it'll go on until both parties come to an amicable agreement, or a judge makes a ruling that doesn't eventually get appealed. I'm not a legal expert, but I'm sure one of the ones here can put that into better perspective than I.

1 hour ago, Splatterhouse said:

@ShiftySamurai

You get the full game to keep in your library permanatly, not just for a month. No need to buy it.

The month is just the time you have to download or add to your collection before it expires. 

Free? Finally, a fair price for the game in its current state. Those Ultimate Slasher Edition suckers are gonna be pissssssssed.

• Haha 5

So I still can't use multiplayer part of the game without getting PS Plus,Lucky for people who has not got the game but have PS Plus already,I have had the game from when it came out on PS4 ,can't use the game online.I wish some multiplayer games were free to play online On PS4.anyway had to get the PC version cos its free to play online on the PC and had to lower all graphics to low and running it at 640x480,its still playable and no lag,,I only have a Pentium G2020 ,Nvidia Geforce GT 610 2G GC.I use it for multiplayer only.I have never understand how Multiplayer can be free on PS3 and still is and not on PS4,.anh well.. :)

7 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Free? Finally, a fair price for the game in its current state. Those Ultimate Slasher Edition suckers are gonna be pissssssssed.

Actually the Ultimate Slasher Edition has all the DLCs with it, as well as the physical copy bonus.

29 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

Actually the Ultimate Slasher Edition has all the DLCs with it, as well as the physical copy bonus.

Which is still less than $70

31 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Which is still less than $70

True, but the medium bloody skins and a clothing pack are exclusive to the physical versions. Not exactly your money's worth, but yeah.

EDIT: Forgot to add two things: How Games for PS+ works is you can play the game only as long as you have PS+, even the offline portions. So unless you have PS+ for other games, that $70 will be used up pretty fast.

Also had to mention some people getting the Ultimate Slasher Edition will do so to help out Gun media amid their "no new content" fiasco. I myself plan to eventually get a physical version to complete my collection of DLCs.

You dont understand, Chad shave eyebrows is the new style...😎