Jump to content
Sikboy1029

Jason needs to be immune to stun while raging through doors/walls

Recommended Posts

Seems pretty obvious, you have to rage through closed doors once it's unlocked and you can't block because of this so it needs to be tweaked, hope these new devs can get some needed fixes in an expeditious fashion.

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2018 at 9:20 PM, Sikboy1029 said:

Seems pretty obvious, you have to rage through closed doors once it's unlocked and you can't block because of this so it needs to be tweaked, hope these new devs can get some needed fixes in an expeditious fashion.

I'd rather they take their time, and make sure the fixes actually fix stuff without breaking other things. That would be worth the wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be wonderful, I honestly Jason should be immune to most stun damage when in rage mode

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Jason should be unstunable in rage mode. Or at least unstunable when ising rage. Or at the very least, nerf chad's stunning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, once Jason gets his rage ability he should no longer be stun-able.  Sort of like a soft enrage, if you havnt taken jason down by mid game it will be much harder once he starts raging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can see the counselors noise pings even if they're inside a cabin. Don't rage through the door if the little circles are close to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 2:33 AM, GrinTV said:

That would be wonderful, I honestly Jason should be immune to most stun damage when in rage mode

I'd say that Jason in Rage mode should be immune to any stun short of a pocket knife, shotgun, or sweater. Flares, firecrackers, and any melee weapons simply don't work.

It's a good counterpoint as his rage builds faster the more he's attacked, making attacking Jason a risk/reward situation; get away NOW, be unable to get away later. 

I'd also vouch that Jason enters rage instantly when he loses his mask. This would make killing him even more of a risk as he'd be able to slaughter about anyone, especialyl if he was slashing the whole time.

Besides. Jason gets PISSED when his mask is gone.

YHMXwIK.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:36 AM, Somethin Cool said:

You can see the counselors noise pings even if they're inside a cabin. Don't rage through the door if the little circles are close to it.

   There are many people that actually know how to use the stealth system. You cannot always see the noise pings.... and if you think we shouldn't rage through the door, then how should we proceed? Walk to another door?... they can see you through the windows and follow you to the other door... not to mention a great many cabins have only one door.... So should we just quietly wait outside in hopes they climb out a window eventually?... perhaps twiddle our thumbs?

    Realistically, the force required to smash through a door like that is far greater than the force of ANY of the weapons being swung at Jason... as you could plainly see in real life if you were to take a swing at a door with any of these weapons... Can you bash a door to splinters with an axe with one shot... of course you can't... no one can, it is a physical impossibility... but as the game stands, even a swing of a stick can stop Jason dead in his tracks after accomplishing this Herculean feat. Being that Jason is exerting this force to smash through a door in this way, with the physics involved to accomplish this... REALISTICALLY... he wouldn't even feel the weapon strike (well, maybe a little from a machete or axe, flesh is still just flesh)
    Inertia is a thing... a body in motion tends to stay in motion... you cannot change the laws of physics (unless you are in a video game that allows ridiculous shit like that)… Stunning Jason as he smashes through a door makes no sense... but, once again, it is the indefensible hit for the demask this allows for that is the real problem here.

@Daneasaur I like the ideas you posted above, with only one minor exception. For what a shotgun is... it should cause a stun from every blast... no immunity to that one. A shotgun in real life is, after all... a magical disintegration device... but against Jason, in this game... a stun is good enough, it is already too easy to kill him without the ability to make his head disappear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. The point of this move is to apply pressure on Counselors be destroying their defense against Jason from inside a building, and making him vulnerable to stuns while he walks through doors and walls counteracts the intent behind this ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ahab said:


@Daneasaur I like the ideas you posted above, with only one minor exception. For what a shotgun is... it should cause a stun from every blast... no immunity to that one. A shotgun in real life is, after all... a magical disintegration device... but against Jason, in this game... a stun is good enough, it is already too easy to kill him without the ability to make his head disappear. 

I actually said the shotgun still stuns, especially since it's a one use item. Same goes for pocket knives.

The main thing here is that Jason is immune to a group of people slapping him with melee objects. The only stun a melee object would cause at this point would be a bladed weapon knocking his mask off. Of course, that's the last stun Jason can take from a melee strikes and then he's gone full Beast Mode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

 

I'd also vouch that Jason enters rage instantly when he loses his mask. This would make killing him even more of a risk as he'd be able to slaughter about anyone, especialyl if he was slashing the whole time.

YHMXwIK.gif

By the time they get the mask off Jason should be in rage mode anyway. But saying most weapons shouldn't stun him is ridiculous. Maybe if you're having that much trouble it's simply because the counselor is simply a better player. Remember practice makes perfect.

20 hours ago, Ahab said:

   There are many people that actually know how to use the stealth system. You cannot always see the noise pings.... and if you think we shouldn't rage through the door, then how should we proceed? Walk to another door?... they can see you through the windows and follow you to the other door... not to mention a great many cabins have only one door.... So should we just quietly wait outside in hopes they climb out a window eventually?... perhaps twiddle our thumbs?

    

@Daneasaur

There are also many people that know how to use the block button. And you can see noise pings from everyone but AJ. Not too many people are wasting perk slots on stealth. 

How should you proceed? Try taking the door down with your weapon if you think someone is waiting on the other side of it. And use combat stance and block on your way in.

 

21 hours ago, Ahab said:

Realistically, the force required to smash through a door like that is far greater than the force of ANY of the weapons being swung at Jason... as you could plainly see in real life if you were to take a swing at a door with any of these weapons... Can you bash a door to splinters with an axe with one shot... of course you can't... no one can, it is a physical impossibility... but as the game stands, even a swing of a stick can stop Jason dead in his tracks after accomplishing this Herculean feat. Being that Jason is exerting this force to smash through a door in this way, with the physics involved to accomplish this... 

Realistically? Physics? Inertia? You do realize you're playing a game right? Might as well complain that escaping in the car isn't more like a driving simulator.

Did you ever think that maybe they're just better at playing counselor than you are at playing Jason? Especially if they're getting the demask and getting the kill.

Sounds to me like somebody's Jason died and they're a little bit salty about it.  Believe me it's a bigger deal to you than it is to the hunting party that killed you. Trust me, I've killed so many Jasons I've lost count. To you it was devistating, but they probably don't even remember your name...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

By the time they get the mask off Jason should be in rage mode anyway. But saying most weapons shouldn't stun him is ridiculous. Maybe if you're having that much trouble it's simply because the counselor is simply a better player. Remember practice makes perfect.

Dude, i can demask Jason in a couple hits depending on which counselor/perks im using.   Its currently easier than ever to beat on and demask Jason.

I also think theres to much stunning going on.     Its got nothing to do with practice, since practice just makes players learn just how easy it it to beat down Jason.

 

If anything Jason should be immune when raging through doors. 

 

To many counselor main players nowadays thinking they're special because its so easy to demask and set Jason for a kill.    That shit needs to change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Dude, i can demask Jason in a couple hits depending on which counselor/perks im using.   Its currently easier than ever to beat on and demask Jason.

I also think theres to much stunning going on.     Its got nothing to do with practice, since practice just makes players learn just how easy it it to beat down Jason.

 

If anything Jason should be immune when raging through doors. 

You're not demasking anything if he's blocking your hit. So many people don't use block. It's kinda sad really.   Although i do agree Jason should be immune to stun while raging through doors, I also realize that he can be stunned this way, and play accordingly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Somethin Cool said:

You're not demasking anything if he's blocking your hit. So many people don't use block. 

I understand that alot of newbies don't use block. 

But you can't block forever at all angles, and block doesn't work as good as it used too.    If a good Jason uses block, good counselors will simply take their time with him and punish Jason when he attacks or hit him in the back.   Or just shoot em'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm nowhere near the best Jason out there, but I find that if I start blocking, they usually either break the weapon or get nervous and do something stupid. 

My easiest Jason kills have come from Jason players that didn't have enough situational awareness to understand what was going on until it was too late. It's still possible to kill a Jason that knows what he's doing, and I've killed some of the best Jasons I've ever played against, but it's a lot harder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Realistically? Physics? Inertia? You do realize you're playing a game right? Might as well complain that escaping in the car isn't more like a driving simulator.

Did you ever think that maybe they're just better at playing counselor than you are at playing Jason? Especially if they're getting the demask and getting the kill.

Sounds to me like somebody's Jason died and they're a little bit salty about it.  Believe me it's a bigger deal to you than it is to the hunting party that killed you. Trust me, I've killed so many Jasons I've lost count. To you it was devistating, but they probably don't even remember your name...

   I do realized I am playing a game... do you realize that realism makes for a better game on every level? Throwing realism out the window is one of the dumbest things you can do... And why would I want to complain the car isn't more like a driving simulator? You do realize the in game physics are more realistic than not... right?... except for a few things anyway. Hell, they did a better job on the archery physics in this game than any other game I can name and I have probably been gaming since before you were born.

   I do realize I have played with MANY players better than me. But, if you have more than two years of life experience, you would know... just because someone is better than you at something, does not mean they will win every time. I never claimed to be the best player out there.

   I am not salty at all... its not actually a big deal to me if I die on either side of play, in this game or any other for that matter... Although I do not remember the names of the first three people to kill me as Jason (its been a while)... @GeneiJin still remembers my name and was the last person to kill me, I just can't remember the name of the player he was with at the time as it was months ago now (we have not played together in a while). Still at 4 deaths Jin… we should play again sometime soon... I haven't had as much time to play recently as I used to.

   As to your next post.... you said... "You're not demasking anything if he's blocking your hits." You are either really new to this game or just another troll. If Jason is blocking, only a noob would bother to strike him and waste a hit towards their weapon breaking. Counselors are faster than Jason, and way faster than him if he is in combat stance... this should not need explaining to anyone that has been playing this game long enough to kill Jason more times than they can count.
   Jason getting into block was slowed down with the engine upgrade and is no longer effective in combat without the ability to correctly anticipate what someone else is doing, which... if you don't already know this... is guess work. Being able to block with its current state, with anticipation on every single strike would make you a Jedi, and last time I checked... Jedi are "fictional characters."
   But you must already know this... because you have lost count of the number of times you have killed Jason... which is supposed to be difficult to do... but right now, any idiot can do it... which I think you have proven... IF you have ever actually killed Jason even once, let alone "so many times I lost count"... or you lost count at two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I'm nowhere near the best Jason out there, but I find that if I start blocking, they usually either break the weapon or get nervous and do something stupid. 

My easiest Jason kills have come from Jason players that didn't have enough situational awareness to understand what was going on until it was too late. It's still possible to kill a Jason that knows what he's doing, and I've killed some of the best Jasons I've ever played against, but it's a lot harder. 

If Jason doesn't want to be killed, and knows how to play.  He will never be killed if he plays defensive.

I've never been killed.. Probably never will.    Because if Tommy and the Sweater girl are together, i turn into a ninja knife sniper.

If they get too close, i shift and morph away while looking for knife throws.    I also have to spend alot of time collecting throwing knives.

This turns into a very long......  boring game.     But i feel as if its my job to make it boring to punish Jason killers.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ahab said:

   I do realized I am playing a game... do you realize that realism makes for a better game on every level? Throwing realism out the window is one of the dumbest things you can do... And why would I want to complain the car isn't more like a driving simulator? You do realize the in game physics are more realistic than not... right?... except for a few things anyway. Hell, they did a better job on the archery physics in this game than any other game I can name and I have probably been gaming since before you were born.

   I do realize I have played with MANY players better than me. But, if you have more than two years of life experience, you would know... just because someone is better than you at something, does not mean they will win every time. I never claimed to be the best player out there.

   I am not salty at all... its not actually a big deal to me if I die on either side of play, in this game or any other for that matter... Although I do not remember the names of the first three people to kill me as Jason (its been a while)... @GeneiJin still remembers my name and was the last person to kill me, I just can't remember the name of the player he was with at the time as it was months ago now (we have not played together in a while). Still at 4 deaths Jin… we should play again sometime soon... I haven't had as much time to play recently as I used to.

   As to your next post.... you said... "You're not demasking anything if he's blocking your hits." You are either really new to this game or just another troll. If Jason is blocking, only a noob would bother to strike him and waste a hit towards their weapon breaking. Counselors are faster than Jason, and way faster than him if he is in combat stance... this should not need explaining to anyone that has been playing this game long enough to kill Jason more times than they can count.
   Jason getting into block was slowed down with the engine upgrade and is no longer effective in combat without the ability to correctly anticipate what someone else is doing, which... if you don't already know this... is guess work. Being able to block with its current state, with anticipation on every single strike would make you a Jedi, and last time I checked... Jedi are "fictional characters."
   But you must already know this... because you have lost count of the number of times you have killed Jason... which is supposed to be difficult to do... but right now, any idiot can do it... which I think you have proven... IF you have ever actually killed Jason even once, let alone "so many times I lost count"... or you lost count at two.1) 

1) I'm 37 so I doubt you've been gaming since before I was born. If you were however it was probably playing pong on an Atari so I'm not sure I'd call that gaming. 

2) I killed my first Jason in 1989 and I make it my goal to kill at least 2 of them everytime I play. Sometimes it's like clubbing a baby seal but I figure they're trying to kill me so it's fair game. I killed 6 of them last Saturday including 2 different 150s one of which I killed twice. I've probably killed somewhere around 100 of them as Tommy and I never did keep track of the times I've done it as the sweater girl or all the times the rest of my crew has done it while I was neither the sweater girl or Tommy. 

3) idk who you play against or what system but in quick play on PS4, which is where I play most of the time, you'd be surprised how many players, good or bad, will waste a hit on a blocking Jason. But you'll never know if you don't try. 

 I think the new grab is worse than getting stunned but I'm not sure either are worth whining about. If you don't like the fact that Jason can be killed don't play. Or maybe try turning into a wall right before the sweater stun. That really pisses people off. Or go hide in the lake if you like. Nobody said you have to die. Just don't cry when they all talk shit.

P.S. I'm pretty sure the real problem with stunning is the sucker punch perk. Counselors don't stun for shit without it. But I'm just an idiot so what do I know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2018 at 9:53 PM, sedaiv said:

I think Jason should be unstunable in rage mode. Or at least unstunable when ising rage. Or at the very least, nerf chad's stunning.

I won't say he shouldn't be able to be stunned in Rage Mode. I'd say almost impossible. Make it a lower percent chance.

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

just because someone is better than you at something, does not mean they will win every time.

This is in some parenting handbook I'm sure. I have said these words to my daughters many times.

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

1) I'm 37 so I doubt you've been gaming since before I was born. If you were however it was probably playing pong on an Atari so I'm not sure I'd call that gaming.

The last I checked, Pong is legitimately considered an arcade video game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

The last I checked, Pong is legitimately considered an arcade video game.

Lol well there's no accounting for taste I guess. My point still stands. He's probably 26 and thinks he's an old gamer. Hell my brother is 40 and he still plays every once in awhile....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Lol well there's no accounting for taste I guess. My point still stands. He's probably 26 and thinks he's an old gamer. Hell my brother is 40 and he still plays every once in awhile....

Age means very little in today's times. I know younger people with an older mature mindset, and I know older people who act like children. That applies in everyday life, and here on the forums. I learned long ago not to assume of the people here, as your assumptions may be way off base. You know what they say about people who assume. The only assumption that holds true 100%, is that if you take cheap shots at other people, very few people will take anything you say seriously.

Back on topic, something should be done about Jason being stunned. But as always, everyone isn't gonna agree on how to do it. Throw that on the pile of balance issues that need to be addressed at some point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't say I agree with giving him stun immunity while in rage.Through doors maybe, but even then I'm not sure I like the idea. Rage already heightens his sense to the point hiding is nearly impossible. Adding in his shorter cool down times on his abilities and I think rage is pretty fairly balanced as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the best way (just for the sake of trolls trying to run the clock out) might be to tie stun chance into the clock. Starting at the time rage mode kicks in Jason begins taking less stun damage for x amount of time until the stun chance is way low but not zero. Say 20 percent. That way people would have more reason to be gone before rage mode...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×