Sign in to follow this  
i-cold

A new hope for the game

47 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I wouldn't mind team killing being back in theory. I believe it was only ever put in for the sake of realism. Which would be great if assholes didn't abuse it. Unfortunately people will be people. 

That's why we can't have nice things...

20 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

In private matches sure...public matches? Kinda unsure. Even if they did the casual playerbase would just pick the easiest option. It just seems like something more fit for private matches than a public match.

By the way WHY does everybody want teamkilling back? There is no logical reason. All it will do is increase the trolling that this game was plagued with in the first three months of the game. You would not believe the amount of times I was killed by Buggzy with a machete. 

I do hope that eventually (however I have my doubts) they will be able to release new content. It is really boring playing the same five maps on rotation, we need a breath of fresh air into this game. Not saying your ideas shouldn’t be implemented, just saying that we could also use new content as well.

Team-killing needs to stay GONE. I don't know how many of you have played this game since launch but let me tell you from experience it fucking sucks having to be paranoid around shotgun-toting teammates because you're never 100% sure if they're going to play the game properly or just shoot you and run away. I know the idea behind it was supposed to be realism, but the reality is that it caused nothing but problems for people actually trying to play the game.

EDIT:

By the way...

jIllFonic has completed all contracted work and will be moving on to different projects that will better utilize the full scope of their team,

Translation: "Games that absolutely nobody will give a shit about and have low to zero expectations for because we're tired of those F13 players demanding accountability and quality."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JED said:

Well I hardly ever comment here anymore but couldn't help myself by saying how I predicted this game being the free PsPlus game for October. I guessed then like I will now and say that I'm sure they hope to make a little more money off the dlc with more people playing for free. I hope that article isnt giving people false hope for a future just so they can sell more dlc.

That's the main reason any company agrees to let their game release as a free game, either to increase DLC sales cause regular game sales have slowed substantially (hence why Destiny 2 was a PSN game this month right after it's most recent DLC just hit), or to increase exposure for smaller indie devs that make good games (like with Superhot or The Witness). I think anyone could've guessed that this would eventually hit the free monthly games list at some point, I just hope it happens on Xbox as well so my friends can download it and play with me... Either that or it goes on super sale for the annual Xbox Halloween sale in Oct. 

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

That's why we can't have nice things...

It made sense when the game launched but was just abused so badly that it had to go.

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Team-killing needs to stay GONE. I don't know how many of you have played this game since launch but let me tell you from experience it fucking sucks having to be paranoid around shotgun-toting teammates because you're never 100% sure if they're going to play the game properly or just shoot you and run away. I know the idea behind it was supposed to be realism, but the reality is that it caused nothing but problems for people actually trying to play the game.

I get teamkilling for the sake of realism but it was so bad to be paranoid 24/7 of teammates with guns and machetes. 

“But that puts the thrill in survival horror.”

You are supposed to be surviving from JASON not Buggzy and Adam. Never once in the series did counselors kill each other. I cannot count how many times I had a knife and got shot and killed by a teammate. It was so bad running into Packanack to race for the gun before your teammates to MAYBE secure your safety in the first few minutes. I was more paranoid of my teammates than Jason. There is no reason to bring back teamkilling in public matches...it would only cause an increase in trolling.

5 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I don't personally want team killing back, but if it were to happen, I'd cope with it. I guess my blacklist for this game will just get larger.

As far as the boredom from lack of new content, people fall into 1 of 3 categories.

1. Players will play the same game 20 years from now, even if support has ended for such a game, because the love the game that much.

2. Players will abandon the game once they've gotten their thrill from it.

3. Players will take a break from the game, and come back from time to time and see if there is anything new to enjoy about it.

I do believe that sooner or later they can release new content but the question is how long will it take and will the devs even CARE at that point? 

I am bored of playing the same five maps and I want a breath of fresh air and there are many more maps that could be released. Bugs fixes are the #1 priority but new content keeps the game fresh.

I will always play this game as long ad the servers are up and running. I love the franchise and this game has kept me entertained for the past almost two years. Just sad to see how the game is turning out.

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

It made sense when the game launched but was just abused so badly that it had to go.

Things that are exploited badly need to be changed. That's why it had to go.

27 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I do believe that sooner or later they can release new content but the question is how long will it take and will the devs even CARE at that point? 

I am bored of playing the same five maps and I want a breath of fresh air and there are many more maps that could be released. Bugs fixes are the #1 priority but new content keeps the game fresh.

I will always play this game as long ad the servers are up and running. I love the franchise and this game has kept me entertained for the past almost two years. Just sad to see how the game is turning out.

The devs said they weren't doing any more content. Even if the opportunity were to come along, it's doubtful they would take advantage of it. It would be nice if they did.

5 maps or 500, people lose interest when other games come along. That's just how it is. I think as long as this game can be played, there will always be people willing to play it. I am one of those people, as I enjoy the franchise as much as the next fan.

I've had good times with this game. But there are also a number of games coming up that I'm looking forward to as well. I'll likely cut back on this one to make time to play some of the others out there. I agree that the game's current state could have been better, had different decisions been made in the past.

4 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I wouldn't mind team killing being back in theory. I believe it was only ever put in for the sake of realism. Which would be great if assholes didn't abuse it. Unfortunately people will be people. 

Team killing needs to be back and it will fix the biggest problem I see with the game..and that's the Jason helpers

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ki7lumin4ti said:

Team killing needs to be back and it will fix the biggest problem I see with the game..and that's the Jason helpers

It'll turn the game back into a deathmatch., rather than discourage Jason helpers.

42 minutes ago, Ki7lumin4ti said:

While annoying most of the teamers are so inept it doesn't matter much. My favorite move is when I'm Jason I kill the people who were teaming and letting everyone go. I had a lobby like that earlier. The Jason in question only killed me because I got interaction locked. Next round I killed his friend and him in the first minute. I followed it up by letting everyone else live. I even helped them find parts. Few things piss them off more.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Things that are exploited badly need to be changed. That's why it had to go.

The devs said they weren't doing any more content. Even if the opportunity were to come along, it's doubtful they would take advantage of it. It would be nice if they did.

5 maps or 500, people lose interest when other games come along. That's just how it is. I think as long as this game can be played, there will always be people willing to play it. I am one of those people, as I enjoy the franchise as much as the next fan.

I've had good times with this game. But there are also a number of games coming up that I'm looking forward to as well. I'll likely cut back on this one to make time to play some of the others out there. I agree that the game's current state could have been better, had different decisions been made in the past.

I just believe that more content could’ve been released in the entire year that the game was released. Yes I am extremely happy that they released Part 4/5, Jarvis, and Pinehurst. Just would’ve been nice to have Jason X and the Grendel. I just don’t understand why it won’t be released if the opportunity arises. It’ll only be a benefit.

I swear I cannot count the amount of times I’ve played Packanack Small...the only map I don’t get sick of is either of the Higgins Haven maps. It’s just not enough variety especially based on the other maps that could’ve been done.

I am also looking forward to a lot of games coming soon in the coming months...just next month there is probably about 4 that I will be playing, so F13 will take the back burner for the time being but I’ll ALWAYS play this game as long as the servers are running. It’s something to always come back to. I’m still pushing forward toward the platinum, I just got the 500 matches as Jason (my count was pretty accurate as I got the 500 when my count was at 487).

5 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Translation: "Games that absolutely nobody will give a shit about and have low to zero expectations for because we're tired of those F13 players demanding accountability and quality."

The actual translation would be, "This game is in maintenance mode and there's no reason for our dev team to work on it anymore, so we outsourced it some even smaller nobodies."

3 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I just believe that more content could’ve been released in the entire year that the game was released. Yes I am extremely happy that they released Part 4/5, Jarvis, and Pinehurst. Just would’ve been nice to have Jason X and the Grendel. I just don’t understand why it won’t be released if the opportunity arises. It’ll only be a benefit.

I swear I cannot count the amount of times I’ve played Packanack Small...the only map I don’t get sick of is either of the Higgins Haven maps. It’s just not enough variety especially based on the other maps that could’ve been done.

I am also looking forward to a lot of games coming soon in the coming months...just next month there is probably about 4 that I will be playing, so F13 will take the back burner for the time being but I’ll ALWAYS play this game as long as the servers are running. It’s something to always come back to. I’m still pushing forward toward the platinum, I just got the 500 matches as Jason (my count was pretty accurate as I got the 500 when my count was at 487).

I too wish things had turned out differently as far as the decisions on content released during the time available in the past. I was looking forward to Jason X and the Grendel. I guess we can't have nice things, considering how things ended up.

The map selection does get tedious after a while. Playing the same map 9 or 10 times in a row may be dull, but on the bright side, those who make that choice should be pros at those maps by now. Some players prefer taking the well-worn path for comfort.

I take time off from this game every time a new title of interest comes about, or I want to take a stroll down memory lane in a favorite game of the past. I keep coming back, like so many devoted fans.

Given that many of the more outspoken members of the forum have moved on, it's nice to find a gamer with similar views still around.