Jump to content
FinLadd

Stunning jason is bullshit

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

By the way...Claudette is DBD’s equivalent to F13’s Vanessa when it comes to trolling.

How so? I'm not arguing. I just don't understand how that's really possible. I actually play nothing but Claudette when I do play but how is she different then other survivors? I really like her perks, but they can be shared once you get so far along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I kind of agree. But there is a problem with med sprays.

Med sprays null broken window loops, traps, Jason melee attacks and throwing knives. So when game is filled with a few players healing 10 times and more, it becomes abit tedious and annoying for Jason players.  Med sprays end up being worse than pocket knives. 

Game should not allow counsellors to hold duplicate items, at the very least. And even then, Jason can run into a 4 players with 2x heals each, which is still bonkers. Thats 8 heals.. 

 

I can see how Med sprays can be annoying when used that way, but that really boils down to play style more than it is a game play mechanic issue..

..... not everyone uses that crutch when playing the game...

I wouldn’t want the developers to take away the ability to hold duplicate items.

I have in the past needed to heal a fellow counselor and myself before and been grabbed twice while being body blocked by Jason in a tight spot and survived because of having 2 pockets knives....

and at least resources are limited they can’t heal forever....if you don’t kill them....tanking traps and looping broken windows will kill them eventually....

Melee combat/ blocking in combat stance  and the grab cone is Jasons true enemy in this game.... not perks or pocket knives or med sprays those are just inconveniences.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

As a Tiffany and Jenny main I can promise you that Tiffany will lose her mini map and have a black screen before an entire minute of being around Jason. Jenny can hang around Jason for a long time, there are many rounds where I didn't even lose my mini map in a chase.

Composure does it’s job, it just doesn’t do MUCH. All it does is darken the screen and make the counselors trip a little bit more.

True, I played Tiff enough to know exactly what you're saying. Composure definitely works, but fear must be amplified. It already darkens the screen and causes the loss of mini map, and lessens stamina regeneration. I'm thinking by amplifying that by 20% when in a 15' radius of Jason, and adding 5% every 15 seconds for a total of 50% will give Jason a chance at dispersing the crowd without nerfing counselors. Then increase his attack speed till he beats a counselor when they swing at the same time, same with block. Only swift attacker should beat him to the punch! And bump his fast walk/run speed so he gains on a jogging counselor,  then playing Jason will feel truly powerful to skilled players. And the new players will have a fighting chance against skilled counselors, while not overpowering them. Noobs will FEAR Jason, skilled opponents will respect him!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

How so? I'm not arguing. I just don't understand how that's really possible. I actually play nothing but Claudette when I do play but how is she different then other survivors? I really like her perks, but they can be shared once you get so far along.

For two main reasons...

They are both the mostly played survivor/counselor on their respective games and are THE meta when it comes to their games due to Vanessa being the fastest counselor and Claudette being nearly invisible on certain maps due to her dark outfits, she is a certified wall licker.

They are also the most prominent characters who players choose to be assholes with. Whether it be teabagging or dancing they are both the most seen characters who will be extremely toxic.

It doesn’t have anything to do with the perks or stats but more so to do with how a good percentage of the playerbase plays them due to their advantages in either speed or appearance. Whenever I play a killer on either game it is usually a Vanessa or Claudette who fucks around with you and winds up being extremely toxic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

She is a new player going against players most likely played for months.  Because of the nature of how combat works, any player that hasn't have yet learned to avoid stuns will get danced on and teabagged. 

I don't know about that.  Yes Jason is worse now since the May patch, but it's not like I wasn't already having a field-day on Jasons prior to it.  Plenty of players I identified as "Jason main" left when they saw me in the lobby and even some counselor complained that they are tired of seeing me orchestrated Jason kills, lol.  Again before the engine update and often without a crew.  My point is Jason has always had the same fundamental weaknesses, and as player realized this over time, it was inevitable.  The May patch only exposed it further.

The irony is prior to the May update, I was counselor pref only, as you know.  After my brief break right after that update, I returned with the goal of seeing what I can do with a weakened Jason.  I play with several different groups makeup of 150s Jason Killing types and I tear though them, only been killed once in a game I was AFK for first 2 mins.  While if they get the car out, cops call, or even getting killed doesn't bother me, the one thing I wouldn't tolerate from my play is being turned into pinata.  I spend a good amount of time practicing, making sure I'm the best player on the map, and I feel if many put in at least some honest effort in practicing, many of the Jason's will avoid being bullied from average counselor players.  Don't get me wrong, I do think Jason need buffs (and from today's replay from Shifty it looks like its acknowledged) but I don't agree with doing it at the expense of making counselors worse.

The problem with your 1st point is that some ppl already know who Jason is before they start the game. The game straying this far from the source (Jason getting easily wrecked) is likely off putting for new ppl, which is what I think caused such an extreme response.

The reason counselors seem easy for you to defeat is because the skilled players left. It's likely that even most of the skilled ppl who loved trolling Jason got bored and left.

8 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Dead By Daylight and F13 are two totally different games that only get compared due to being two of the most popular multiplayer survival horror games. Neither are innocent in having their fair share of trolls.

Your friend has probably been playing DBD for longer than F13 and when she found out about the trolling abuse on F13 it made her not wanna deal with ANOTHER troll fest...not that I blame her. My point however is that DBD has far more trolls in my own experience than F13 and I’ve been playing F13 for almost a year longer than DBD. It is a lot easier to punish survivors on DBD than counselors on F13 though. Maybe because I’m not great at first person so I’m a mediocre killer at best, but as Jason I can pretty much catch anybody in the span of 20 minutes while on DBD you easily get gen rushed without certain perks.

I have friends that would rather play DBD than F13 and vice versa. We all came from F13 and flip flop between games but some rather play one than the other. I never play F13 solo anymore though.

By the way...Claudette is DBD’s equivalent to F13’s Vanessa when it comes to trolling.

She hadn't played either game before they were released on PS Plus.

Edit: @HuDawg Months back, I had suggested diminishing returns be added to med sprays, that is, their benefit is less effective after each use. ie 60%, 30%, 15%; or 50%, 25%, 13%.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stun must be fixed.   At the very least in the last 2 min Jason shouldn't be able to be stunned.  Like most people I'm done with the game.   Its just very sad that such a great franchise like F13 had to get hooked up with the people who put it out.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2018 at 12:23 AM, OCT 31 1978 said:

I can see how Med sprays can be annoying when used that way, but that really boils down to play style more than it is a game play mechanic issue..

..... not everyone uses that crutch when playing the game...

I wouldn’t want the developers to take away the ability to hold duplicate items.

I have in the past needed to heal a fellow counselor and myself before and been grabbed twice while being body blocked by Jason in a tight spot and survived because of having 2 pockets knives....

and at least resources are limited they can’t heal forever....if you don’t kill them....tanking traps and looping broken windows will kill them eventually....

Melee combat/ blocking in combat stance  and the grab cone is Jasons true enemy in this game.... not perks or pocket knives or med sprays those are just inconveniences.

Finally some intelligent reasoning on the matter. People claming to make Jason invincible because of trolls doesn't consider the consequences on that in a normal match with leveled players. 
A broken combat/blocking in combat stance  and a too narrow grab cone are the real reason Jason is not feared of. All the rest is just problems that derive from that. I don't see why make sprays disappear (Crystal Lake and Packanack before last patch were a boring limping party) or avoid stunning which is a key mechanic of the game. It's just stupid.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BillyBallo said:

I don't see why make sprays disappear (Crystal Lake and Packanack before last patch were a boring limping party) or avoid stunning which is a key mechanic of the game. It's just stupid.

Boring limping party?

Are you saying being able to heal over and over again makes it more exciting? 

Im sure anyone playing as Jason would never agree.  Hell, having too many med sprays makes it less exciting because it allows people to null Jason melee attacks, broken windows, traps and throwing knives.

Might as well have pocket knife perks that do the same bullshit.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BillyBallo said:

Finally some intelligent reasoning on the matter. People claming to make Jason invincible because of trolls doesn't consider the consequences on that in a normal match with leveled players. 
A broken combat/blocking in combat stance  and a too narrow grab cone are the real reason Jason is not feared of. All the rest is just problems that derive from that. I don't see why make sprays disappear (Crystal Lake and Packanack before last patch were a boring limping party) or avoid stunning which is a key mechanic of the game. It's just stupid.

Of course, if you really want to fix the issue, you could also have a counselor in Jason's grip take melee damage from errant swings by other counselors: let Jason use them as a meat shield to avoid getting stunned while grabbing a counselor.  Give Jason credit for the kill, and move on.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Boring limping party?

Are you saying being able to heal over and over again makes it more exciting? 

Im sure anyone playing as Jason would never agree.  Hell, having too many med sprays makes it less exciting because it allows people to null Jason melee attacks, broken windows, traps and throwing knives.

Might as well have pocket knife perks that do the same bullshit.

 

 

I get the frustration of players abusing the medic perk and sprays.

Most Jason players don’t enjoy it when a counselor heals themselves after a perfectly landed crippling knife throw after they have been able to allude you for a while......

( I know my reaction to it is usually “ you mother fucker !!!... I knew you had a spray.” and then I press them even harder.)

.....yet that is part of the enjoyment of the chase and I am sure everyone here has on many occasions gone through that exact scenario.... you want the kill that’s what Jason does it’s not easy especially with the other issues affecting Jasons gameplay...

And even abused perks / resources are limited eventually they will be out  and Jason will still be going strong....he has the ability to deal with the perks and resources if you keep up the pressure..

unfortunately that’s  the only good news because once you catch them they will probably get past your grab and slug you with a frying pan or trade a couple of melee hits with you and then drop Jasons dopey ass to the ground since he can’t block for shit... and doesn’t do enough damage with his melee strikes or do anything to stop counselors from engaging him in combat....

I absolutely hate how combat works in the game... it’s ridiculous to watch you take turns swinging your weapons at each other missing,  and then making a 360 degree spin and repeating till one of you land the hit..... it’s garbage..... if the block was out side of combat stance this wouldn’t happen...

the real problems in this game for Jason is his melee combat is slow to respond  hit box detection is garbage  / terrible unresponsive blocking mechanics for both sides....and the grab cone needing to be widened...and rework the recovery time after a missed grab so it is a little less punishable.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Boring limping party?

Are you saying being able to heal over and over again makes it more exciting? 

Im sure anyone playing as Jason would never agree.  Hell, having too many med sprays makes it less exciting because it allows people to null Jason melee attacks, broken windows, traps and throwing knives.

Might as well have pocket knife perks that do the same bullshit.

 

 

If you had a fluid combat system the healing would be less frustrating because you would be stunned less times. 
And I have Jason as my spawn preference. 
And also, I don't agree with this "heal over and over again", first you have alternatives: you can grab and kill and he can have all the perks he wants, he dies. Second because only counselors with medic are the ones who heal more times than others, and only those who find more sprays or are skilled enough to optimize their use and escape in the right places and find new ones when Jason chase them.
As Jason I know it is frustrating but only because you get stunned more often because of broken combat system and bad grab not because of sprays. 
It's about fixing the cause of the issue, not its consequence.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I get the frustration of players abusing the medic perk and sprays.

Most Jason players don’t enjoy it when a counselor heals themselves after a perfectly landed crippling knife throw after they have been able to allude you for a while......

( I know my reaction to it is usually “ you mother fucker !!!... I knew you had a spray.” and then I press them even harder.)

.....yet that is part of the enjoyment of the chase and I am sure everyone here has on many occasions gone through that exact scenario.... you want the kill that’s what Jason does it’s not easy especially with the other issues affecting Jasons gameplay...

 

Alls i can say.  Heres a video showing the issue of Med Sprays and med perk in F13th.

 

Ashton Kutcher Jason...and the Chinese Lady is the counselor.. Everytime you hear and DEN!..  Thats A counselor healing.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Ashton Kutcher Jason...and the Chinese Lady is the counselor.. Everytime you hear and DEN!..  Thats A counselor healing.

 

Well if Jason is "dumb" then that's Jason problem :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BillyBallo said:

Well if Jason is "dumb" then that's Jason problem :) 

No its not.  The game mechanics/perk system allow it to play out like that.  Its got nothing do with Jason being dumb.

Everyone can simply use the med perks.  If they do thats 14 med sprays off the hop, without even including the ones on they can find on the map and Tommys med spray.

Also all the healing contributes to the issue of being able to constantly fight back and stun Jason.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

No its not.  The game mechanics/perk system allow it to play out like that.  Its got nothing do with Jason being dumb.

Everyone can simply use the med perks.  If they do thats 14 med sprays off the hop, without even including the ones on they can find on the map and Tommys med spray.

Also all the healing contributes to the issue of being able to constantly fight back and stun Jason.  

I was joking since your video is an extract from the movie dumb and dumber :)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BillyBallo said:

I was joking since your video is an extract from the movie dumb and dumber :)
 

That is from the movie, Dude, Where’s my car. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

That is from the movie, Dude, Where’s my car

Lol you're right I was confused. Too much time since I've watched them haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HuDawg said:

No its not.  The game mechanics/perk system allow it to play out like that.  Its got nothing do with Jason being dumb.

Everyone can simply use the med perks.  If they do thats 14 med sprays off the hop, without even including the ones on they can find on the map and Tommys med spray.

Also all the healing contributes to the issue of being able to constantly fight back and stun Jason.  

Not every counselor in the game is gonna run medic. You’re making it seem as though most of your games it is 7 counselors with hypochondriac and medic. Just not gonna happen often.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Not every counselor in the game is gonna run medic. You’re making it seem as though most of your games it is 7 counselors with hypochondriac and medic. Just not gonna happen often.

True, not everyone has these perks and even then they often carry some negative attribute. (One of mine, Medic, I think) causes me to receive more damage when injured. So it's a double edge sword. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Not every counselor in the game is gonna run medic. You’re making it seem as though most of your games it is 7 counselors with hypochondriac and medic. Just not gonna happen often.

Doesn't matter..  If it can, it will happen.

I've been in plenty of games where everyones running the double medic perks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Doesn't matter..  If it can, it will happen.

I've been in plenty of games where everyones running the double medic perks.

I've seen a couple Jason players that can handle 7 medic/hypocondriac counselors with little difficulty. It would seem frustrating for the average Jason though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Doesn't matter..  If it can, it will happen.

I've been in plenty of games where everyones running the double medic perks.

It's too bad they'll hide behind "no new content" as an excuse to not implement new playlists with different rule variants,like "No perks", or any number of other modifiers.  So much wasted potential in matchmaking.... it's not even sad, it's just disappointing.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

It's too bad they'll hide behind "no new content" as an excuse to not implement new playlists with different rule variants,like "No perks", or any number of other modifiers.  So much wasted potential in matchmaking.... it's not even sad, it's just disappointing.

"No new content"  is the equivalent of an energy field reinforced with a mystical otherworldly barrier covered by concrete and steel beams. Nothing is gonna get through that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I've seen a couple Jason players that can handle 7 medic/hypocondriac counselors with little difficulty. It would seem frustrating for the average Jason though.

its not really about handling.   Because good counselors are gonna beat the crap out of Jason regardless of how good that Jason is... and the heals just prolong it.  

Theres simply too many heals..    And when compounded with easy to stun Jason.  The heals act like a mulligan in Golf.

 

 

If ran this game..   There would be no med perks.   Just like there's no pocket knife perks.  

 

Watching counselors take hit after hit from Jason only to TOOT TOOT and they're all good, while they keep attacking Jason is kind of a Joke.

 


Counselors need to be in their place. IMO

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

It's too bad they'll hide behind "no new content" as an excuse to not implement new playlists with different rule variants,like "No perks", or any number of other modifiers.  So much wasted potential in matchmaking.... it's not even sad, it's just disappointing.

Awww gawd.. I would love a no perk mode.

 

Just PURE counselors.. No bullshit.    Everyone on equal footing relying only on the counselor they pick and the items they find.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...