FinLadd

Stunning jason is bullshit

17 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

its not really about handling.   Because good counselors are gonna beat the crap out of Jason regardless of how good that Jason is... and the heals just prolong it.  

Theres simply too many heals..    And when compounded with easy to stun Jason.  The heals act like a mulligan in Golf.

If ran this game..   There would be no med perks.   Just like there's no pocket knife perks.  

Watching counselors take hit after hit from Jason only to TOOT TOOT and they're all good, while they keep attacking Jason is kind of a Joke.

Counselors need to be in their place. IMO

Let's fix the stun issues first. Then we'll look at med sprays. One thing at a time.

14 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Awww gawd.. I would love a no perk mode.

Just PURE counselors.. No bullshit.    Everyone on equal footing relying only on the counselor they pick and the items they find.  

In a no perk mode, you'd likely still have Jason getting smacked around like a pinata. This is all hypothetical, as we aren't supposed to be getting new content. If we could have such a mode, I think fixing stun would still be essential.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Doesn't matter..  If it can, it will happen.

I've been in plenty of games where everyones running the double medic perks.

And how exactly do you know for sure that all seven counselors are running Medic? You can’t see their perk build. Unless EVERY counselor sprayed themselves over three times you cannot be certain. They could’ve have two med sprays. Not that I am defending the medic perk but I’m not gonna say that I’ve been in rounds where every had the same exact perk when I can’t see their build. 

“If it can, it will happen”...yeah in how many games? Like 5/100?

45 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Let's fix the stun issues first. Then we'll look at med sprays. One thing at a time.

In a no perk mode, you'd likely still have Jason getting smacked around like a pinata. This is all hypothetical, as we aren't supposed to be getting new content. If we could have such a mode, I think fixing stun would still be essential.

No perk mode has nothing to do with stuns.   

I would just prefer No perks.  I don't like perks, and think the game plays and feels better without it.

But, back to reality..  Fixing stun, yessa

3 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

And how exactly do you know for sure that all seven counselors are running Medic?

Because i can count.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

No perk mode has nothing to do with stuns.   

I would just prefer No perks.  I don't like perks, and think the game plays and feels better without it.

But, back to reality..  Fixing stun, yessa   

I don't mind the perks myself. It's just some are used in greater capacity than others. If there were more reason to use certain ones, then more variety would make things interesting.

I'm with @HuDawg, we need a no perks mode. Rollable Perks were a super late addition to the game. In the beta it was perks that unlocked at certain levels and it showed each counselor was to have a class ability. My guess is those abilities were made rollable perks. This game was balanced for static perks. Also most of the Jason bashing problems go away with counselors hurting counselors. Gun having no idea how to deal with team killers led to them just turning it off instead of fixing it. After that change is when everyone found out how easy it is to bully Jason with two or more people. Also I feel as if stuns might have been countered with old vacuum hands Jason. Cant really dick around trying to bait free hits when he can grab you from 2 counselor lengths away.

TL;DR

Lack of experience and bad planning led Jason to be in the pinata state he is in now.

• Like 1

@Whitebabyjoker Any new modes would be nice, but you should know by now no new content will be added.  Even if it could, I'd have concerns since this game will suffer from splitting it's player base.

On 10/14/2018 at 4:05 PM, Caulus said:

The problem with your 1st point is that some ppl already know who Jason is before they start the game. The game straying this far from the source (Jason getting easily wrecked) is likely off putting for new ppl, which is what I think caused such an extreme response.

I wouldn't say it's a "straying" from it's source.  Granted there is balance issues in this game, but my point I made is that the nature of combat itself will lead to newbie Jason being owned by experienced players.  This game functions a lot like fight games (start-up/active/recovery times, spacing punish game), and like them, will reward the player most capable of exploiting those concepts. The only way to prevent bullying would be too ether remove counselor's combat or significantly nerfing it making it trivial.  While some here would like limit counselor's ability to fight back, that would remove many viable playstyles (fun), making the game more like DBD's game of grab-ass, and likely will need a full game rebalance to offset this change.

My experience with new players has always been:  Jason's too OP, and then, playing Jason is a nightmare so I'll stick with counselor pref.   The best way to experience the game is in a lobby of equal skill across all players.  If the Lobby is green, then even one exceptional player likely will dominate the game, Counselor or Jason.  Unfortunately, there is no Skill filter, so a new or casual player will eventually find a lobby w/ toxic but skilled players, and will be punished for being Jason. 

On 10/14/2018 at 4:05 PM, Caulus said:

The reason counselors seem easy for you to defeat is because the skilled players left.

I know you were not meaning to be condescending, many players I played with, most of them played since launch, and the kill/bully Jason type, claim I have the most bullshit Jason.  While players have left after the news back in June, I've played with many skilled players before then, and many still do play or have came back.  My mindset is to counter my counselor, so I practice to have my Jason combat ready, having answers to many complaints player post here such as dealing with mobs, meta-perks, trading hits, etc. 

On 9/27/2018 at 9:07 PM, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I actually find using the frying pan quite hilarious as I am guilty of grabbing a frying pan to taunt Jason on purpose, and the follow up "You want some more" from the counselor puts me into a laughing fit. :) The stun potential for the frying pan is equal to the wrench and better than the lead pipe. It's actually a weapon people should reconsider passing up, and I think it was done on purpose by the devs for humor. And honestly, if you get knocked upside the head with a frying pan, you probably won't die, and I guarantee you will be stunned for quite a bit.

D3973EA5B0DEA1AEAF5AA43E99C3475AE27AFB28

Weapons <- Look at New Stats

If we want a more leveled game we should also play with people of our level. 150s should play with 150s and 1-10s should play with 1-10s.
I know that this is quite impossible for a game that after 2 years takes a lifetime to start a game without filtering players... but it would make it more even and less pinata.

1 hour ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Never mind. I see it. The wrench has one more block of durability than the frying pan. It matches the cooking pot.

Yeah I had to know about this as well because when I used the wrench I always wondered but it lasted longer than usual.

13 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

@Whitebabyjoker Any new modes would be nice, but you should know by now no new content will be added.  Even if it could, I'd have concerns since this game will suffer from splitting it's player 

My previous message had a lot of salt in it, I deleted it.

In private matches with people you could do a no perks mode, doesnt have to be added to the game. Just need 7 other people who are willing to have fun.