FinLadd

Stunning jason is bullshit

While I feel Jason could use a slight buff, I don't really have an issue with the Stun mechanic though losing control is really annoying. However its not like Jason doesn;t have ways to deal with this sort of thing. Also you can't die, unlike the counselors.

On 10/10/2018 at 3:46 AM, JennyMyers1984 said:

Three things...

A.) There are no “Jason mains” we all play counselor 80% of the time. Nobody plays Jason more than counselor unless you quit everytime you are not picked to be Jason.

B.) Jason’s “Force-Grab” was in no way balanced when he could land 20 feet behind you and grab you. Of course if made him more fearful but in a bad gameplay sort of way. I’m in no way saying his T-Rex arm grab after the October 2017 patch was balanced because it wasn’t but the January 2018 patch cleared up that problem and the grab we have now is fine. When I say it is “fine” I mean the animation and the range of the grab. It is weak in design because of Jason’s vulnerability to be punished. But as already stated, there are way to keep pressure on counselors rather than being R2 trigger happy.

C.) It wasn’t any sort of “Jason nerfs” that killed the game or lost sales but it was all the broken promises and unfortunate circumstances surrounding the lawsuit (which REALLY put the game under). The game became really weak after the first few months of release. It was other things that weakened the game, not specifically any Jason nerfs.

In response:

A) I never said I was a "Jason Main." I said that's what whiners called us for complaining about Jason's super-nerf. The context is literally in my initial post.

B.) Um... Jason's current grab length is EXACTLY the same as it was pre-nerf. The problem has always been latency based, or for those who don't know, LAG based. Most casuals don't know about this, but ALL non-dedicated server based games suffer from this. The only problems with Grab now is that the cone is too narrow and its too easy to punish. That's it. --- Dedicated servers should end the latecy issues (hopefully lol).

Call of Duty players are keenly aware of it as, for example, most would narrowly escape gunfire behind cover only to be shot dead anyway, and see a different outcome on the other player's kill cam. We all said this back then, too. I know I brought it up several times, myself.

C.) It absolutely was the super-nerf that killed the game. Almost everyone I had friended playing F13 stopped playing within 20-30 days of that Late Oct. nerf patch. Only Alien, Nuthn, and 1 other player on my friend list still play it. It ABSOLUTELY killed the game's popularity.

*PS Plus has a lot of people on my friend list playing F13 now who never had before , I must add.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:46 AM, JennyMyers1984 said:

B.) Jason’s “Force-Grab” was in no way balanced when he could land 20 feet behind you and grab you.

20 feet?...   You mean 6 feet.  With lag, 8 feet max.

20 feet ..lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

20 feet ..lol

I agree.

20 feet is definitely a ridiculous  exaggeration.

Jason was definitely op at launch ( in a good way.)

but definitely never had that kind of reach.

6 hours ago, Caulus said:

In response:

A) I never said I was a "Jason Main." I said that's what whiners called us for complaining about Jason's super-nerf. The context is literally in my initial post.

B.) Um... Jason's current grab length is EXACTLY the same as it was pre-nerf. The problem has always been latency based, or for those who don't know, LAG based. Most casuals don't know about this, but ALL non-dedicated server based games suffer from this. The only problems with Grab now is that the cone is too narrow and its too easy to punish. That's it. --- Dedicated servers should end the latecy issues (hopefully lol).

Call of Duty players are keenly aware of it as, for example, most would narrowly escape gunfire behind cover only to be shot dead anyway, and see a different outcome on the other player's kill cam. We all said this back then, too. I know I brought it up several times, myself.

C.) It absolutely was the super-nerf that killed the game. Almost everyone I had friended playing F13 stopped playing within 20-30 days of that Late Oct. nerf patch. Only Alien, Nuthn, and 1 other player on my friend list still play it. It ABSOLUTELY killed the game's popularity.

*PS Plus has a lot of people on my friend list playing F13 now who never had before , I must add.

Agree to disagree...

The length of the grab was never an issue after the January patch. However the cone should be readjusted because it is too narrow. I didn’t experience many lag issues after that patch.

Don’t be R2 trigger happy and you won’t be punished as much. Yes it is TOO easy to punish but the grab is not the only way to elminate a counselor.

Casual? I see the little sneaky diss you did there, know that I’m not a casual and that’s all I’ll say about that.

The game was also losing players by August/September after the team-killing patch. The “Jason nerfs” did not single handely kill the game and you cannot say that it did. It played a part but you are exaggerating how much of a part it played in the game losing it’s playerbase. People did not stop playing because Jason was nerfed. Wouldn’t make sense as people mainly play counselor.

6 hours ago, HuDawg said:

20 feet ..lol

Learn to understand sarcasm. It’ll make it so you don’t come off as so uptight.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

That’s not sarcasm, just a simple exaggeration that obviously wasn’t meant to be taken literally. Reading in context is hard for a lot of people. 

4 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

That’s not sarcasm, just a simple exaggeration that obviously wasn’t meant to be taken literally. Reading in context is hard for a lot of people. 

Sarcasm is the use of irony in an attempt to mock. That’s what I did. Whatever it was it wasn’t meant to be taken literally. It was a very long grab that wasn’t realistic. That’s all you really need to take from it. If I said 100 foot grab I’m pretty sure somebody would’ve taken it literally.

23 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Sarcasm is the use of irony in an attempt to mock. That’s what I did. Whatever it was it wasn’t meant to be taken literally. It was a very long grab that wasn’t realistic. That’s all you really need to take from it. If I said 100 foot grab I’m pretty sure somebody would’ve taken it literally.

Some people are known to take almost anything literally. I've had to clarify my own posts a few times, as people misunderstood what I was saying. It happens to the best of us at some point.

9 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

What you typed was not sarcasm.         Either way, many people where blabbering on about Jason grab range being 20 feet long in order to get it nerfed.   

Either way, current state of the game needs to be fixed.

Its too easy to beat Jason up..    Its too  easy to kill Jason.     More and more players are noticing this.       

Its too easy to dodge Jason..  Too easy to hit Jason.. Too easy to demask and kill Jason.   

Fixing block will help.   But i'll say it again.   Jason should instantly disarm any counselor he hits to remove the trading hits BS that goes on in this game.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

What you typed was not sarcasm.         Either way, many people where blabbering on about Jason grab range being 20 feet long in order to get it nerfed.   

Its too easy to beat Jason up..    Its too  easy to kill Jason.     More and more players are noticing this.       

Its too easy to dodge Jason..  Too easy to hit Jason.. Too easy to demask and kill Jason.   

Fixing block will help.   But i'll say it again.   Jason should instantly disarm any counselor he hits to remove the trading hits BS that goes on in this game.

Block still works if you anticipate it right. Epic swift attacker throws a pretty big wrench into that though. a rework is def needed

16 hours ago, Caulus said:

Only Alien, Nuthn, and 1 other player on my friend list still play it. 

Hey man, thanks for the name drop... Oh, wait...

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

I wasn’t being serious and LITERAL when I said “20 foot grab” that much you should know by now. Either way it was too long and not realistic especially with that animation, Jason isn’t elastic man.

I still don’t agree with you and you know this. We don’t think the same so you can keep in same he should disarm counselors, I’m still not gonna agree regardless.

1 hour ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

I still don’t agree with you and you know this. We don’t think the same so you can keep in same he should disarm counselors, I’m still not gonna agree regardless.

He isn't trying to get us to agree with him.  He trying to be the most heard, attempting to speak for all of us, incase development actually are hearing our suggestions here and make changes.  It would explain why he's so hostile to any other suggestion other than his. 

18 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

He isn't trying to get us to agree with him.  He trying to be the most heard, attempting to speak for all of us, incase development actually are hearing our suggestions here and make changes.  It would explain why he's so hostile to any other suggestion other than his. 

That dog needs a Milk-Bone.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Anyone who disagrees with me doesn't care about fairness and prefers the game to be easy to beat on and kill Jason.. and its as simple as that. 

Hell, just last night i decided to help a Tommy player help kill Jason because he asked me nicely.  Against a high level Jason player who knew full well how to play.

We demasked Jason easily..  Then both of us strolled to Jason shack while easily defending against ANYTHING Jason had.  

During that, Jason grabbed me twice.. Tommy freed me twice.    We beat Jason easily when Jason attacked us.  Jason melee'd me 6 times and Tommy twice, which didn't matter, because we can instantly hit him back and stun him.  And we also healed which basically nulled all those landed attackes by Jason..    So it was simple to demask Jason and attempt to kill him.

The Jason player then Jumped in the lake.  And to be honest, i wasn't angry about it.   I understand..lol

The Tommy player was FURIOUS..     Started to rag on the Jason player non stop.  

But again, all i saw was the PROBLEMS with the current state of the game.  We where SLOPPY, yet it was Jason getting punished for it.

If it was fair, Jason should have slaughtered us for being so sloppy.    If the game had disarm on Melee attacks from Jason it would force counselors to dodge Jason attacks better instead of just going ALL IN.  Because we know we can get the stun/melee attacks in regardless if we get hit by Jason melee attacks.  

11 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Anyone who disagrees with me doesn't care about fairness and prefers the game to be easy to beat on and kill Jason.. and its as simple as that.

It isn't that we disagree with you that Jason should get adjustments, we are all saying that, it's just how exactly and to what extent is the disagreement at.

Just now, GeneiJin said:

It isn't that we disagree with you that Jason should get adjustments, we are all saying that, it's just how exactly and to what extent is the disagreement at.

Dude.. you pride yourself on killing Jason.  Yet here's the thing, more and more people are becoming aware of how easy it is to pull it off.

If the game had Disarm for Jasons melee attacks.. Counselors would not be so bold in carelessly attacking Jason straight on and tanking Jason melee attacks.

The Cream would rise to the top. The players who actually dodge Jason attacks and land melee attacks would be the ones pulling off Jason kills.  

If you're as good as you claim you are.. How could you not welcome this idea.   Because i sure do, and i don't even claim to be that great at all.

Id rather die more, than see Jason can so easily tanked and dominated.  

The best thing to buff Jason is to make a timer start as soon as he recovers from a stun; during a 5-10 second span after the player regains control of him, Jason CANNOT be stunned. This include if he picks someone up and another player hits him. The only thing that can start the stun over is a pocket knife, upon which his no-stun timer restarts again, rendering him immune to firecrackers, guns, flares, and melee weapons.

The gameplay strategy for most people at this point would be to start slashing everyone around you since they can't counter hit you for several seconds and people who are too cocky will be dead very quickly.

An alternate/assist to this would be if Jason's slash dis-armed a hit counselor unless they were blocking.

The counselors are NOT the final survivors, they are the expendable fodder that comprise Jason's gore galleries.

The game is not supposed to be "balanced" in this manner. The scoring system is how it's balanced and this is evident with a counselor dying not robbing them of the largest EXP drop (match end = 500 exp ).

35 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Dude.. you pride yourself on killing Jason.

I also pride myself for having a strong Jason.  I fight as Jason against the same squads I go killing with.

35 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

If you're as good as you claim you are.. How could you not welcome this idea.   Because i sure do, and i don't even claim to be that great at all.

I don't welcome the idea because it would effect majority of the games player base, the average skilled player, the most and will negativity effect them, not necessarily players like me.  My Jason game was pretty much developed after the May engine update (switched to Jason pref after), so I didn't suffer from the loss aversion like many other Jason players with his grab change, and found solutions avoiding counter-hits with good spacing, clever defensive uses of shift, when to grab/when not to, and many of the techniques shared by @Tommy86 or self developed.    Jason's flaw in direct combat is that if the slash isn't at absolute max-range, he'll likely suffer a counter-hit and be stun (or worse demasked).  Both of our suggestion would fix that (pushback on hit I suggested), I believe mine would be fairer for both parties and isn't likely rewarding the lesser player too much if the gap in skill between players is large.

Honestly, I'm having a blast playing Jason currently, and I'm actually upset when the game gives Jason, over me,  too some player that just quits after the cops are call :angry:.  I enjoy my prey to have the ability to fight back, especially the last few once I have the map under my control so I have time to "play" with them lol. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

I don't welcome the idea because it would effect majority of the games player base, the average skilled player, the most and will negativity effect them,

This make zero sense.   Its the AVERAGE skilled player that is taking full advantage of being able to tank Jason hits and beat Jason up for easy Jason kills.  Which means its even easier for SKILLED players.

And i bet my sweet hairy ass..  Average skilled players wouldn't give a shit if they got disarmed from Jason melee attacks.  Because it makes more sense and looks better than tanking Jason hits and trading shots.

Seriously, Two players can easily TANK Jason melee slashes and dominate him..   This leads to many hits that should not be landing.  This leads to simple Jason kills.

Theres ZERO REASONS to be able to tank Jason hits..     

If Jason had disarm on melee attacks.

PROS

- Counselors would have to dodge more.

- Counselors would have to pick up the weapon that dropped if disarmed

- Counselors would no longer be able to tank/trade hits with Jason.

CONS

-  No more free hits for counselors after getting hit by Jason.

12 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

This make zero sense.   Its the AVERAGE skilled player that is taking full advantage of being able to tank Jason hits and beat Jason up for easy Jason kills.  Which means its even easier for SKILLED players.

Doesn't mean changes should be as a "punishment" for these player, making the game more frustrating for them.  The problems you mention, I and anyone with a decent understanding of this game, already understand this and it's obvious, but there is ways to address this though meaning adjustments to Jason without directly altering counselor combat.  Simply making Jason's swing "safe" on hit will go long way in addressing these problems.  Doesn't need to be as drastic as unarming the counselors and make it a snore fest for Jason, as I likely will feel like it would be.