FinLadd

Stunning jason is bullshit

@Redrum138 Thanks a lot for the kind words man, very glad I’ve been able to help and you have a great attitude towards the game. It is the players such as yourself who I make the guides for, so it’s great you have found them helpful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2018 at 8:08 PM, Tommy86 said:

I can no longer be bothered to teach or argue with stubborn people like you.

I don't remember asking you to teach me anything....      This comment is one of the reasons, that we end up arguing in a few threads.

On 10/2/2018 at 8:08 PM, Tommy86 said:

I did however promise to post a couple more guides for the few that are interested, so I’ll be sticking around a little longer. If you have a problem with that - hit the ignore button. 

Do i seem like the type of person that ignores people?  

Besides,  Giving advice or creating guides is not what i was calling you out for.    If thats your thing, im not not knocking it.

Its when you start acting like you're the KING of this game and no one should complain about certain aspects of the game.  Is when i take issue with your comments.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2018 at 10:27 PM, Tommy86 said:

@Redrum138 Thanks a lot for the kind words man, very glad I’ve been able to help and you have a great attitude towards the game. It is the players such as yourself who I make the guides for, so it’s great you have found them helpful.

The combos are what you helped me with the most, I'd say. I wouldn't have figured that out without your help! I used some the other night in QP and had a Vanessa player screaming! Lol. He tried to hit and I blocked into a TK/slash/block combo before his next hit connected. This guy didn't know Jason could block, so he was furious with that one. "Cheater!" I laughed. "Everything I've done is legit." I showed him how to block, then told him I'm not gonna try to explain that combo because it takes timing that is beyond him at the moment. But, told him if you time it just right and watch your knife icon at the bottom you can get it. He said. "What knife icon?" So I said "The one at the bottom right that shows your knife and trap numbers, they light up when you can use them." That type of stuff is all you man! And the window combo is a staple in my tactics now, also you.

Once people realized gang assaults were so effective on Jason with his counter ability very weak if not at all, it was the end of it. Especially with the devs ignoring the meta for over a year and change and even acknowledging that they never put much thought into it, even recently.

Its especially silly when Jason is in rage. Instead his only perks for rage are faster cooldowns, a door busting mechanic that leaves him open to stun unless the counselor misses and that's it, meanwhile the trade off is he can be killed if the mask is off and these days, its often.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Once people realized gang assaults were so effective on Jason with his counter ability very weak if not at all, it was the end of it. Especially with the devs ignoring the meta for over a year and change and even acknowledging that they never put much thought into it, even recently.

Its especially silly when Jason is in rage. Instead his only perks for rage are faster cooldowns, a door busting mechanic that leaves him open to stun unless the counselor misses and that's it, meanwhile the trade off is he can be killed if the mask is off and these days, its often.

Jason needs a vibranium mark with adamntium straps. Problem solved...😎

On 9/26/2018 at 8:58 PM, Tommy86 said:

Such a pity what the forum has devolved to where people would rather complain incessantly than simply learn the game. Especially since there will be no more balance updates, no more gameplay changes so these topics are all for nought. It only takes a second to look in the Playbook thread and already see solutions to some of these problems, but unfortunately most people can’t even be bothered to put actual effort into improving their gameplay.

The irony of this post is entirely lost on its author.

You know what's funny? Seeing people claim to be experts in this forum on the game in its diminished state. Especially when they themselves complained incessantly instead of learning to play the game.

You know who really was expert at this? 

I was. Against the so-called 'force-grab' Jason, I managed a 100% (thats right) escape frequency and was well versed in kiting Jason (much more impressive a feat, then), and removing his mask; all in quick play. Jason was properly terrifying and the game was populated by MANY casual F13 fans including women. Tons of women used to play f13, at least on PS4.

In fact, the only reason I started fighting so-called 'force-grab' Jason was because it became boring to always escape. Jason being open to attack after rage crushing a door made sense because a face to face with him then was suicide (as it should be). Even so, I was wildly successful. 

Then the scrubs incessantly complained and Jason was Super-nerfed.

Now people hang around to kill Jason when the cops have been waiting for half the match. The game used to feel like a horror game. You used to feel compelled to escape or fight based on necessity, not troll Jason while you can escape because he has become too weak to properly defend himself against skilled counselors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caulus said:

Now people hang around to kill Jason when the cops have been waiting for half the match. The game used to feel like a horror game. You used to feel compelled to escape or fight based on necessity, not troll Jason while you can escape because he has become too weak to properly defend himself against skilled counselors.

Too bad the grab is reduced to the state it's in now.  It was the chief concern of what most counselors feared, but now it's so vulnerable to attack, both missed and when landed on a different counselor.  While making saves was always a concern of Jason, it's way too easy now with the removal of body-shielding reducing the margin of error to non-existence.  If group number never decrease, nether will the confidence counselor players while around Jason.  Despite the hardships, I still play a brutal Jason and every player I've played with will attest to it, but I'd admit that my methods include unorthodox uses of all my options that isn't obvious to many players and my experience from playing competitive Fighting games aids me tremendously.  As it is right now, Jason's player has to be ether just as good, or even better, than the best counselor on the map to remain effective.

2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Too bad the grab is reduced to the state it's in now.  It was the chief concern of what most counselors feared, but now it's so vulnerable to attack, both missed and when landed on a different counselor.  While making saves was always a concern of Jason, it's way too easy now with the removal of body-shielding reducing the margin of error to non-existence.  If group number never decrease, nether will the confidence counselor players while around Jason.  Despite the hardships, I still play a brutal Jason and every player I've played with will attest to it, but I'd admit that my methods include unorthodox uses of all my options that isn't obvious to many players and my experience from playing competitive Fighting games aids me tremendously.  As it is right now, Jason's player has to be ether just as good, or even better, than the best counselor on the map to remain effective.

Unorthodox for the win... 😎

• Like 1

On 10/5/2018 at 8:05 AM, HuDawg said:

I don't remember asking you to teach me anything....      This comment is one of the reasons, that we end up arguing in a few threads.

Do i seem like the type of person that ignores people?  

Besides,  Giving advice or creating guides is not what i was calling you out for.    If thats your thing, im not not knocking it.

Its when you start acting like you're the KING of this game and no one should complain about certain aspects of the game.  Is when i take issue with your comments.   

You come off like one of those people that think they know everything and can’t stand when someone makes a suggestion because it insults their F13 ego.

I may be wrong but that’s the way it appears to people that don’t know you and are looking outside the box.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, pro5pt0 said:

You come off like one of those people that think they know everything and can’t stand when someone makes a suggestion because it insults their F13 ego.

I may be wrong

Well, you're definitely not right..   lol.

But feel free to believe anything you want.  I really don't care either way.

16 hours ago, Caulus said:

The irony of this post is entirely lost on its author.

You know what's funny? Seeing people claim to be experts in this forum on the game in its diminished state. Especially when they themselves complained incessantly instead of learning to play the game.

You know who really was expert at this? 

I was. Against the so-called 'force-grab' Jason, I managed a 100% (thats right) escape frequency and was well versed in kiting Jason (much more impressive a feat, then), and removing his mask; all in quick play. Jason was properly terrifying and the game was populated by MANY casual F13 fans including women. Tons of women used to play f13, at least on PS4.

In fact, the only reason I started fighting so-called 'force-grab' Jason was because it became boring to always escape. Jason being open to attack after rage crushing a door made sense because a face to face with him then was suicide (as it should be). Even so, I was wildly successful. 

I don't see any irony in my posts whatsoever. I have always advocated players putting time into learning solutions to any area of the game they have difficulty with. Not only that, but I have also personally provided those solutions for them. In many cases is as simple as reading a post or watching a video I've uploaded. There is a method to approaching any game and this one is no different - you acknowledge what the issues are, you study them, and you come up with a way to resolve them / bring the balance back into your favor. No wonder then that I have no respect for anyone who would rather give up and throw tantrums instead of putting a little effort into improving their own gameplay. The only time I can forgive this kind of attitude is when it's from new players, otherwise it is simply embarrassing.

Your post, on the other hand, is chock full of irony. So much so that it's amusing I even have to point it out to you. On the one hand you are calling yourself an expert at the game for being able to have (supposedly) a 100% escape rate against Jason, and on the other it is you who are complaining about how super-nerfed he is (purely because of a change in the grab mechanic) which communicates to me that 50% of the game is entirely lost on you. I won't deny that Jason's design is weak, but to blame it all on just one mechanic exposes you more than you can probably comprehend.

I will agree that the grab change as of the engine update was a poor decision, but only because of its vulnerability to a punish if you make an incorrect read. Otherwise the range has never mattered if you actually knew how to play Jason somewhat correctly. Saying otherwise is supporting all the grab spamming apes who have no idea how to correctly apply health or stamina pressure and are R2 trigger happy, just hoping for the best and getting constantly whiffbaited / turn & burned. Sad part is, I've told you all this shit before. It is actually amazing not even a single scrap of it got through.

On 9/25/2018 at 12:26 PM, FinLadd said:

Jason should be a ultimate killing machine that cannot be stopped but that stun mechanic is bullshit... There is nothing you can do about it... In this game playing as a jason is a curse more than anything and i hate it... It should be the other way. 

sounds like you are one of those crybaby bitches that expect the counselo rs to stand in a line as soon as the game starts just to kill them without resistance. 

2 hours ago, Phoenix44 said:

sounds like you are one of those crybaby bitches that expect the counselo rs to stand in a line as soon as the game starts just to kill them without resistance. 

It sounds more like a player that has come across a team of high level Jason hunters. A lot of those players like to beat on Jason like a pinata. With the increase in new players, it shouldn't be as bad until they all get up to speed.

I honestly think this mechanic is fine, with maybe a little nerf, it could be finalized and nobody whines about it again. I'm one of the few who enjoy counselor over Jason, and as I agree the stun can be OP at certain times, I feel it is a mechanic that well balances the game, especially for the 7 people that don't get to run around as a brutal murder machine.

18 minutes ago, Technollogee said:

I honestly think this mechanic is fine, with maybe a little nerf, it could be finalized and nobody whines about it again. I'm one of the few who enjoy counselor over Jason, and as I agree the stun can be OP at certain times, I feel it is a mechanic that well balances the game, especially for the 7 people that don't get to run around as a brutal murder machine.

Regardless of what changes are made to the game, someone will always find something they aren't happy about.

On 10/8/2018 at 9:28 AM, Tommy86 said:

Your post, on the other hand, is chock full of irony. So much so that it's amusing I even have to point it out to you. On the one hand you are calling yourself an expert at the game for being able to have (supposedly) a 100% escape rate against Jason, and on the other it is you who are complaining about how super-nerfed he is (purely because of a change in the grab mechanic) which communicates to me that 50% of the game is entirely lost on you. I won't deny that Jason's design is weak, but to blame it all on just one mechanic exposes you more than you can probably comprehend.

I said that Jason was Super-nerfed. I never said anything about his grab specifically. Jason's super-nerf includes, but is not limited to, his grab mechanic. Jason's overall stun resistance was also nerfed, which is incidentally germane to the thread topic. I referred to him as "Force-grab Jason," because that what all the whiners called him at the time.

The irony is that when the game was at its best, people complained incessantly to have Jason downgraded so that they'd seem to be better at it. Now, those same players are telling others to learn to play the game. A textbook definition of irony.

My gripe is that the game was fine pre-Nov. 2017. The devs decided to make unnecessary changes anyway, resulting in a net negative effect to the game, which is the real reason we all complained about Jason being nerfed in the 1st place. People loved calling us "Jason mains," and didn't realize that some of us, like me, were complaining about Jason's nerf from a counselor's perspective as well.

I loved the NES Friday the 13th game, so a challenge is the last thing I'm running from in a F13 game. lol

Fast forward, and now there's constant rebalance suggestions flying around that, if acted upon (however unlikely), would change the game almost entirely from what it was early on. None of this would've seem necessary if the devs had just stuck to their guns and defended their vision instead of chasing extra sales, which is also ironic, in that they lost more sales than they gained by nerfing Jason, imho.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Caulus said:

I said that Jason was Super-nerfed. I never said anything about his grab specifically. Jason's super-nerf includes, but is not limited to, his grab mechanic. Jason's overall stun resistance was also nerfed, which is incidentally germane to the thread topic. I referred to him as "Force-grab Jason," because that what all the whiners called him at the time.

The irony is that when the game was at its best, people complained incessantly to have Jason downgraded so that they'd seem to be better at it. Now, those same players are telling others to learn to play the game. A textbook definition of irony.

My gripe is that the game was fine pre-Nov. 2017. The devs decided to make unnecessary changes anyway, resulting in a net negative effect to the game, which is the real reason we all complained about Jason being nerfed in the 1st place. People loved calling us "Jason mains," and didn't realize that some of us, like me, were complaining about Jason's nerf from a counselor's perspective as well.

I loved the NES Friday the 13th game, so a challenge is the last thing I'm running from in a F13 game. lol

Fast forward, and now there's constant rebalance suggestions flying around that, if acted upon (however unlikely), would change the game almost entirely from what it was early on. None of this would've seem necessary if the devs had just stuck to their guns and defended their vision instead of chasing extra sales, which is also ironic, in that they lost more sales than they gained by nerfing Jason, imho.

Three things...

A.) There are no “Jason mains” we all play counselor 80% of the time. Nobody plays Jason more than counselor unless you quit everytime you are not picked to be Jason.

B.) Jason’s “Force-Grab” was in no way balanced when he could land 20 feet behind you and grab you. Of course if made him more fearful but in a bad gameplay sort of way. I’m in no way saying his T-Rex arm grab after the October 2017 patch was balanced because it wasn’t but the January 2018 patch cleared up that problem and the grab we have now is fine. When I say it is “fine” I mean the animation and the range of the grab. It is weak in design because of Jason’s vulnerability to be punished. But as already stated, there are way to keep pressure on counselors rather than being R2 trigger happy.

C.) It wasn’t any sort of “Jason nerfs” that killed the game or lost sales but it was all the broken promises and unfortunate circumstances surrounding the lawsuit (which REALLY put the game under). The game became really weak after the first few months of release. It was other things that weakened the game, not specifically any Jason nerfs.

In the end I think everyone is in agreement that some balance changes are needed. Obviously there's alot of disagreement as to how far those changes need to go. Overall I think Jason needs only a few minor changes to bring back some of the fear of him.

1) Fix quick block. 

2) Bring back meat shielding. 

3) Show the power box for the Tommy radio on Jason's map.

4) Double Jason's HP. 

These four changes would make all the difference in my opinion. I agree with @Tommy86 that we need to invest time to hone our skills, and tactics. At the same time Jason is supposed to be the power role, and should have the tools to be just that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, thrawn3054 said:

In the end I think everyone is in agreement that some balance changes are needed. Obviously there's alot of disagreement as to how far those changes need to go. Overall I think Jason needs only a few minor changes to bring back some of the fear of him.

1) Fix quick block. 

2) Bring back meat shielding. 

3) Show the power box for the Tommy radio on Jason's map.

4) Double Jason's HP. 

This four changes would make all the difference in my opinion. I agree with @Tommy86 that we need to invest time to hone our skills, and tactics. At the same time Jason is supposed to be the power role, and should have the tools to be just that.

This 1000 times over. Has to happen...

@thrawn3054 I agree with all of your suggestions... except the doubling of Jason's HP. As long as counselors get a free hit to demask when he comes out of a stun animation, this really won't do much. The chance to stun needs to be brought down... If this was implemented, only quick block and meat shielding would need the fix. After all, its not even so much the stunning of Jason that is the problem, its the indefensible demasking hit they get at the end of the stun animation. Reduce the stunning chance significantly, or allow him to have an active block coming out of a stun animation and when raging through doors or walls would be enough to solve this and Jason would need no extra HP.
    Knowing where the power box for Tommy would be unnecessary if Jason could properly defend himself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

@thrawn3054 I agree with all of your suggestions... except the doubling of Jason's HP. As long as counselors get a free hit to demask when he comes out of a stun animation, this really won't do much. The chance to stun needs to be brought down... If this was implemented, only quick block and meat shielding would need the fix. After all, its not even so much the stunning of Jason that is the problem, its the indefensible demasking hit they get at the end of the stun animation. Reduce the stunning chance significantly, or allow him to have an active block coming out of a stun animation and when raging through doors or walls would be enough to solve this and Jason would need no extra HP.
    Knowing where the power box for Tommy would be unnecessary if Jason could properly defend himself.

I'm not saying they'd have to implement all four. My list is just trying to cover the main problems that I see. I mainly suggest the highlighting of the power box to give the Jason player the option to defend it.

I don't agree with the idea of lowering the stun chance as it would make killing Jason easier. A Buggzy with an axe running Thrasher would be a one hit demask. If anything I'd extend the stun immunity coming out of another stun.

6 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I'm not saying they'd have to implement all four. My list is just trying to cover the main problems that I see. I mainly suggest the highlighting of the power box to give the Jason player the option to defend it.

I don't agree with the idea of lowering the stun chance as it would make killing Jason easier. A Buggzy with an axe running Thrasher would be a one hit demask. If anything I'd extend the stun immunity coming out of another stun.

If the chance to stun was lowered, it would make it harder to kill Jason, not easier... Less stuns = less indefensible attacks. Even with the block slowed, I rarely lose my mask to anyone who is not using the indefensible strikes as Jason comes out of a stun... or door smashing... or kill animation. It would also make people think twice about having a piñata Jason party... they can't dance around Jason if he isn't stunned... and a Jason that isn't stunned so much can just keep slashing the groups.

But it needs to be lowered a lot more than say... 10%, 1 in 10 is nothing... 50% would be more like it. People will cry when I say 50% reduction to stun chance, but when you look at the math, and the perks they are probably already using, it is just that... crying. With sucker punch a bat would still stun 75% of the time (or damned close to it)... leaving 3 out of 4 hits with a bat still stunning Jason instead of 19 out of 20 hits stunning him. And with the amount of people that would turn to sucker punch, I would say you are right... we would still need an extended stun immunity when he comes out of a stun.
   3 out of 4 is still pretty much every hit causing a stun. Even 50% stun chance is WAY too much. Each stun still leaves him open for the indefensible hit... which also needs to go. Just coming out of a stun with block active would help way more than most people think... It would take actual skill to remove the mask... not just the patience to wait until one of Jason's indefensible animations is finished... Any idiot can do that... and if any idiot can do it, that makes it pretty simple for anyone that knows the most basic parts of the mechanics.

It would also make attacking Jason more risky... putting the fear back into the counselors. Extending stun immunity will not help against Bugsy or Tommy running the perks you listed. They only need that one stun to get their free hit while there is ANY indefensible moments for Jason... and there is no shortage of stuns right now. Even with the chance of stunning I suggested, there would still be no shortage of stuns.
   One hit demasks happen a lot less often if you don't step in a bear trap and somehow avoid getting shot. Perhaps only sharp weapons should count towards demasking damage at all... no extra HP necessary... but blocking and meat shielding would still be very necessary.

The slowed block needs to be reverted and meat shielding needs to be brought back... but the piñata Jason would still be a problem as it was before block was slowed and meat shielding was still in the game. If Jason was not stunned as much as he currently is being stunned... the piñata party goes out the window. Even coming out of a stun in block will not end the piñata party... it would just make demasking Jason require some actual skill. But 3 out of 4 hits stunning instead of 19 out of 20... that may just be enough to at least make people think twice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

If the chance to stun was lowered, it would make it harder to kill Jason, not easier... Less stuns = less indefensible attacks. Even with the block slowed, I rarely lose my mask to anyone who is not using the indefensible strikes as Jason comes out of a stun... or door smashing... or kill animation. It would also make people think twice about having a piñata Jason party... they can't dance around Jason if he isn't stunned... and a Jason that isn't stunned so much can just keep slashing the groups.

But it needs to be lowered a lot more than say... 10%, 1 in 10 is nothing... 50% would be more like it. People will cry when I say 50% reduction to stun chance, but when you look at the math, and the perks they are probably already using, it is just that... crying. With sucker punch a bat would still stun 75% of the time (or damned close to it)... leaving 3 out of 4 hits with a bat still stunning Jason instead of 19 out of 20 hits stunning him. And with the amount of people that would turn to sucker punch, I would say you are right... we would still need an extended stun immunity when he comes out of a stun.
   3 out of 4 is still pretty much every hit causing a stun. Even 50% stun chance is WAY too much. Each stun still leaves him open for the indefensible hit... which also needs to go. Just coming out of a stun with block active would help way more than most people think... It would take actual skill to remove the mask... not just the patience to wait until one of Jason's indefensible animations is finished... Any idiot can do that... and if any idiot can do it, that makes it pretty simple for anyone that knows the most basic parts of the mechanics.

It would also make attacking Jason more risky... putting the fear back into the counselors. Extending stun immunity will not help against Bugsy or Tommy running the perks you listed. They only need that one stun to get their free hit while there is ANY indefensible moments for Jason... and there is no shortage of stuns right now. Even with the chance of stunning I suggested, there would still be no shortage of stuns.
   One hit demasks happen a lot less often if you don't step in a bear trap and somehow avoid getting shot. Perhaps only sharp weapons should count towards demasking damage at all... no extra HP necessary... but blocking and meat shielding would still be very necessary.

The slowed block needs to be reverted and meat shielding needs to be brought back... but the piñata Jason would still be a problem as it was before block was slowed and meat shielding was still in the game. If Jason was not stunned as much as he currently is being stunned... the piñata party goes out the window. Even coming out of a stun in block will not end the piñata party... it would just make demasking Jason require some actual skill. But 3 out of 4 hits stunning instead of 19 out of 20... that may just be enough to at least make people think twice.

On this one we'll have to agree to disagree. At least as far as lowering the stun chance. Give Jason back meat shielding. Fix quick block. Increase the stun immunity time, hell add in Jason has damage immunity during that time. But I think the stun from melee rate is fair. It's your penalty for taking the hit as Jason. You give the big guy those tools and I think he'll have a perfectly fair chance.

"Pressure resources. Don’t let counselors burning healing to offset knife damage frustrate you as Jason. They are consuming limited resources. This is a good thing in the long run for Jason." @Alkavian

This was posted in the tips section a year ago, and it's a rule I live by to adapt to every update where Jason's life is made more difficult.

I still take my share of stuns, but i throw a couple slashes, make counselors eat a knife, make them loop through broken windows, and force them to waste a knife or tank a trap.

You have to adapt your play style. As much as human nature wants me to chase tea bagging  vanessa and pals for 10 minutes after they stun me, I force them to  use resources. Morph away and patrol objectives, stalk, and pick off those separated from the herd. When I engage the small groups again, more resources used by them and I apply pressure.

3 minutes ago, Shogun of Blood Lake said:

This was posted in the tips section a year ago, and it's a rule I live by to adapt to every update where Jason's life is made more difficult.

Adaptation has always been rule #1 in this game.