FinLadd

Stunning jason is bullshit

5 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Best thing to to with this guy is ignore him, he has nothing better to do than show up in threads where people talk about Jason being pathetic (he is) to try and argue different, this dude is a try hard , he plays on PC uses every exploit and every hack, he is the person in the lobby who trolls Jason and dances, and quits when he know he is getting killed, ignoring trolls makes them go away.

You, and others like you, are a prime example of what’s wrong with this community and why I basically no longer post here. @GeneiJin is one of the last intelligent players on here spreading knowledge, and yet you think he is someone you should ignore. It’s shameful. On the other hand, the last post I saw of yours you were arguing over who was the bigger F13 fan (and losing). That’s the extent of your contribution.

Such a pity what the forum has devolved to where people would rather complain incessantly than simply learn the game. Especially since there will be no more balance updates, no more gameplay changes so these topics are all for nought. It only takes a second to look in the Playbook thread and already see solutions to some of these problems, but unfortunately most people can’t even be bothered to put actual effort into improving their gameplay.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

You, and others like you, are a prime example of what’s wrong with this community and why I basically no longer post here. @GeneiJin is one of the last intelligent players on here spreading knowledge, and yet you think he is someone you should ignore. It’s shameful. On the other hand, the last post I saw of yours you were arguing over who was the bigger F13 fan (and losing). That’s the extent of your contribution.

Such a pity what the forum has devolved to where people would rather complain incessantly than simply learn the game. Especially since there will be no more balance updates, no more gameplay changes so these topics are all for nought. It only takes a second to look in the Playbook thread and already see solutions to some of these problems, but unfortunately most people can’t even be bothered to put actual effort into improving their gameplay.

There might be at least one more balance update before this game is done. Hopefully the balance changes will be based on getting everything the way they had initially envisioned, rather than how it is now.

I would be surprised if we don't see something balance wise. It'd be a strange move to announce a new studio is taking over from Illfonic if you don't plan to do something. I know they could be here just for bug fixes. I just think, perhaps naively,  that we'll see something a bit more.

The frequency of stunning Jason should be reduced but it shouldn't be negated entirely. Perks have beefed up the frequency so if weapons had a much lower stun frequency it would kind of require perks to get a decent chance of stunning him, which might negate the overuse of certain perks that everyone uses by default.

4 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I would be surprised if we don't see something balance wise. It'd be a strange move to announce a new studio is taking over from Illfonic if you don't plan to do something. I know they could be here just for bug fixes. I just think, perhaps naively,  that we'll see something a bit more.

At this point, having another team to take over fixes could redeem this game. I'll wait and see what they do before I judge them.

12 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Have you not seen the movies? Jason gets stun hurt all the time. He literally gets buckled over after getting hit in the balls in Part 2... At most, he should need more than one baseball bat hit to stun though. I think it's silly that 2 or 3 players can basically negate Jason for several minutes by using baseball bats with the increased chance at stunning perk equipped. 

I have seen them but remember that we have 20 Min to kill them all and that is REALLY short timeframe for that

5 hours ago, FinLadd said:

I have seen them but remember that we have 20 Min to kill them all and that is REALLY short timeframe for that

Plenty of people do fine with 20 minutes. Some get it done in 5.

9 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The frequency of stunning Jason should be reduced but it shouldn't be negated entirely. Perks have beefed up the frequency so if weapons had a much lower stun frequency it would kind of require perks to get a decent chance of stunning him, which might negate the overuse of certain perks that everyone uses by default.

Ideally, there would be no stun at all. The whole idea of a stun is fundamentally flawed, and while people are constantly angered by it, I wager that majority never even question why. What is it about the stun that negatively impacts gameplay?

It’s simple really. Loss of character control, just the same as when your counselor loses control due to a stumble. It is a terrible mechanic in both cases and simply a band aid for a fundamentally poor game design. A stun could’ve easily been replaced by knockback + temporary speed boost for a counselor successfully landing a hit on Jason, providing them with opportunity to create distance. That is all that would be needed. That way, a player wouldn’t have to simply watch their character recover from an attack for 6-9s (depending on counselor).

That is the reason why people hate it, because nobody wants to deal with periods of complete inactivity in game. Stuns can be almost completely avoided providing you develop some necessary skills, but I will never say it is a good mechanic in any way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

Plenty of people do fine with 20 minutes. Some get it done in 5.

If all the players are complete potatoes

6 minutes ago, FinLadd said:

If all the players are complete potatoes

That's true in some cases. But I've also seen awesome Jason players that own the lobby. It's all in who you end up playing against.

• Like 1

Just now, Fair Play said:

That's true in some cases. But I've also seen awesome Jason plays that own the lobby. It's all in who you end up playing against.

Someone who has played 2 years straight.lol.. Bots are too stupid to even be a challenge so can't practice that way either

1 minute ago, FinLadd said:

Someone who has played 2 years straight.lol.. Bots are too stupid to even be a challenge so can't practice that way either

Some players progress faster than others. Some players adapt in a couple days, some a couple of years. The important thing is that they adapt. Is it challenging at times surviving as Jason, but it is not impossible.

Bots are not the most challenging opponents, but for newcomers to the game, it's a decent start.

1 minute ago, Fair Play said:

Some players progress faster than others. Some players adapt in a couple days, some a couple of years. The important thing is that they adapt. Is it challenging at times surviving as Jason, but it is not impossible.

Bots are not the most challenging opponents, but for newcomers to the game, it's a decent start.

You are right... I don't even play mp games that much cuz all my free time goes to practicing drums... So yeah

5 minutes ago, FinLadd said:

You are right... I don't even play mp games that much cuz all my free time goes to practicing drums... So yeah

Drumming sounds like fun. Too bad Jason doesn't have a drumstick kill.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Drumming sounds like fun. Too bad Jason doesn't have a drumstick kill.

LOL Exactly 

2 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Ideally, there would be no stun at all. The whole idea of a stun is fundamentally flawed, and while people are constantly angered by it, I wager that majority never even question why. What is it about the stun that negatively impacts gameplay?

It’s simple really. Loss of character control, just the same as when your counselor loses control due to a stumble. It is a terrible mechanic in both cases and simply a band aid for a fundamentally poor game design. A stun could’ve easily been replaced by knockback + temporary speed boost for a counselor successfully landing a hit on Jason, providing them with opportunity to create distance. That is all that would be needed. That way, a player wouldn’t have to simply watch their character recover from an attack for 6-9s (depending on counselor).

That is the reason why people hate it, because nobody wants to deal with periods of complete inactivity in game. Stuns can be almost completely avoided providing you develop some necessary skills, but I will never say it is a good mechanic in any way.

I assume they added stunning for battles at the phone box and getting the cars started. 

46 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I assume they added stunning for battles at the phone box and getting the cars started. 

Yes, while the mechanic allows for clutch moments as you describe, ultimately a stun is barely relevant in this context.

Solo play requires a counselor of 10 repair to even allow an obj to be completed in Jason’s face during a stun, so anyone under that is automatically unable to do so unless team mates are keeping Jason busy. If stuns were deleted, stealth play would also be more viable for obj purposes, because as it stands the use of stealth in this game is almost completely inconsequential.

It is the same in regards to car start up, as a low Luck counselor will not be able to get a car started in time during stun period. Basically, the relevance of stuns is directly tied to counselor stats and IMO absolutely not necessary and in fact detrimental to overall gameplay - hence why there has always been overwhelming aversion to it. 

Simply put, it is a shit idea to forcibly remove control of your character for any extended period of time. That is the most direct way to describe the issue, and why this concept should be entirely scrapped in the context of game design. It was a bad idea to begin with, and made even worse by allowing an abundant amount of opportunities for it to frequently happen. That is why there is so much hate towards stuns - they literally prevent you from playing the game.

• Like 2

Stunning should be removed or at the very least reduced to the point of being a rare feat. Or only give counsellors with a 5 or more strength the ability to stun. Deborah should not be able to drop Jason like a tree.

I know this won’t happen, this goes back to the design of the game. 

If I had it my way there would be a huge emphasis on running and hiding, instead of Running and fighting. and maybe only the final Girl or Guy would get a boost to their stun chance. Jason would be the stealth killer he is in the films, huge emphasis on Stalk and ambush tactics, and reduce the need of shift. Oh well 😔 

19 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

If I had it my way there would be a huge emphasis on running and hiding, instead of Running and fighting. and maybe only the final Girl or Guy would get a boost to their stun chance. Jason would be the stealth killer he is in the films, huge emphasis on Stalk and ambush tactics, and reduce the need of shift. Oh well

While the Stealth killer idea is no doubt enticing for F13 movie fans, I am of the completely opposite perspective in this case. I have already described how my vision for the game would’ve played out in the past, and it would’ve been heavily focused on the PvP element. No Shift BS, simply make Jason faster than the counselors. They must fight or die.

It would’ve simultaneously removed all embarrassing instances in the game such as your killer being looped around furniture, and maximised the excitement you would expect in the final chapter of a horror movie. It is a completely different design philosophy but I hope to see a game like it one day.

1 hour ago, dandop1984 said:

Stunning should be removed or at the very least reduced to the point of being a rare feat. Or only give counsellors with a 5 or more strength the ability to stun. Deborah should not be able to drop Jason like a tree.

I know this won’t happen, this goes back to the design of the game. 

If I had it my way there would be a huge emphasis on running and hiding, instead of Running and fighting. and maybe only the final Girl or Guy would get a boost to their stun chance. Jason would be the stealth killer he is in the films, huge emphasis on Stalk and ambush tactics, and reduce the need of shift. Oh well 😔 

If stealth was actually a viable play style I wouldn't oppose this. Unfortunately it's not. For better or worse combat is far more viable. 

21 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

You, and others like you, are a prime example of what’s wrong with this community and why I basically no longer post here. 

You, no doubt, is the smarter one of us, lol.  Because there are few places to talk about this game is the only reason why I'm still here :P.  Thanks for your kind words as always.

4 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

While the Stealth killer idea is no doubt enticing for F13 movie fans, I am of the completely opposite perspective in this case. I have already described how my vision for the game would’ve played out in the past, and it would’ve been heavily focused on the PvP element. No Shift BS, simply make Jason faster than the counselors. They must fight or die.

It would’ve simultaneously removed all embarrassing instances in the game such as your killer being looped around furniture, and maximised the excitement you would expect in the final chapter of a horror movie. It is a completely different design philosophy but I hope to see a game like it one day.

No doubt you or my vision of the game would be quite different than this product.  Likely my game would center around fighting that it would bear little resemblance of a "horror game", so perhaps it's for the better (for the "true movies fans" :rolleyes:).

Rage should be highly reduced while Jason have rage least make it where everytime he rages through doors he can't be stunned till the animation is done. Unless you're new Jason players don't use rage with doors anymore against counselors because it's just pointless and offers a free swing to counselors that stinks Jason 9/10. So if you're Tommy, Chad, Bugzy, Victoria or Jenny you're almost guaranteed a free stun. It's a shame how this got overlooked by the developers and they never tried to balance it out. 

I actually find using the frying pan quite hilarious as I am guilty of grabbing a frying pan to taunt Jason on purpose, and the follow up "You want some more" from the counselor puts me into a laughing fit. :) The stun potential for the frying pan is equal to the wrench and better than the lead pipe. It's actually a weapon people should reconsider passing up, and I think it was done on purpose by the devs for humor. And honestly, if you get knocked upside the head with a frying pan, you probably won't die, and I guarantee you will be stunned for quite a bit.

D3973EA5B0DEA1AEAF5AA43E99C3475AE27AFB28

• Haha 1

Stun should be one second for Jason, and should effect counselors too. But, if a counselor takes a hit it should take a chunk of stamina as well. Depending on thick skin, maybe a 15% loss? And this is coming from a guy who loves combat. These long stuns on Jason should go.