FinLadd

Stunning jason is bullshit

Jason should be a ultimate killing machine that cannot be stopped but that stun mechanic is bullshit... There is nothing you can do about it... In this game playing as a jason is a curse more than anything and i hate it... It should be the other way. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, FinLadd said:

Jason should be a ultimate killing machine that cannot be stopped but that stun mechanic is bullshit... There is nothing you can do about it... In this game playing as a jason is a curse more than anything and i hate it... It should be the other way. 

That does get rather annoying... and there is not much you can do about it, unless you are one of the three or four players (maybe five) that are skilled enough with the slowed down entry into block to be able to do something with it. Something still needs to be done about this piñata Jason issue.
    As to unstoppable... No, he should not be 'unstoppable'... just much harder to stop (or stun)... much harder to demask and kill... But as long as he is so easy to stun, he gets an indefensible hit after the stun (or from crashing through a door) towards removing the mask. As long as this is possible, more hit points for Jason (which has been suggested quite often) will not help either.
    There have been a great many suggestions about what to do with this problem... but it is hard to say what would work and what would not without the community playtesting some of them for a while. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ahab said:

That does get rather annoying... and there is not much you can do about it, unless you are one of the three or four players (maybe five) that are skilled enough with the slowed down entry into block to be able to do something with it. Something still needs to be done about this piñata Jason issue.
    As to unstoppable... No, he should not be 'unstoppable'... just much harder to stop (or stun)... much harder to demask and kill... But as long as he is so easy to stun, he gets an indefensible hit after the stun (or from crashing through a door) towards removing the mask. As long as this is possible, more hit points for Jason (which has been suggested quite often) will not help either.
    There have been a great many suggestions about what to do with this problem... but it is hard to say what would work and what would not without the community playtesting some of them for a while. 

Wise words man can't argue with that

• Thanks 1

OP, I feel your pain. It sucks, but I've just learned to live with it. In fact, in the past, it REALLY annoyed me, but now I just laugh it off and think to myself, "Oh these guys are gonna be fun" 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JasonLives86 said:

OP, I feel your pain. It sucks, but I've just learned to live with it. In fact, in the past, it REALLY annoyed me, but now I just laugh it off and think to myself, "Oh these guys are gonna be fun" 😉

I know that i get use to it but i just hate that stupid game mechanic with a passion

55 minutes ago, FinLadd said:

I know that i get use to it but i just hate that stupid game mechanic with a passion

Yeah, I know what you mean. It makes no sense whatsoever that a scrawny teenage girl can knock Jason on the ground with one hit from a frying pan.

• Like 1

Accept that being stunned is part of the Jason experience and  work on reducing it as much as you can.  Block can work, but often time it's better to dodge counselor's swing (no stamina regain and no canceling shenanigans), and be familiar of all the types of chain stuns.  Sometime is better to just take the stun if their is something to gain from it, like a dead counselor, and fear Machetes or Axes, not bats or wenches.  Even with players not necessarily a kill-squad gets ideas once Jason's mask is off. 

7 minutes ago, BillyBallo said:

You clearly don't know what an assymetrical multiplayer game is about.

You talking to me bro

6 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Accept that being stunned is part of the Jason experience and  work on reducing it as much as you can.  Block can work, but often time it's better to dodge counselor's swing (no stamina regain and no canceling shenanigans), and be familiar of all the types of chain stuns.  Sometime is better to just take the stun if their is something to gain from it, like a dead counselor, and fear Machetes or Axes, not bats or wenches.  Even with players not necessarily a kill-squad gets ideas once Jason's mask is off. 

Dude if u do that grab animation there is no dodging or blocking that hit

46 minutes ago, FinLadd said:

Dude if u do that grab animation there is no dodging or blocking that hit

Then perhaps you should learn when it's a good time to grab or not to grab.

• Like 2

In 1v1s you can interupt swings with throwing knives or a well time shift and grab immediately after. It will either net you a kill or waste one of their pocket knives. In 2v1s and 3vs and so on, counselors like to hold hands, so I usually target one with throwing knives, and then hold block near them once they are injured for a free rage meter boost, since them and their teammate(s) will inevitably start swinging senselessly at me. Then I shift away for more throwing knives and start thinking out a gameplan to finish them off.

Even top counselor players can be outsmarted, and as Jason, that really is your only advantage over counselors. If you play predictable and relentless, it tends to only work against weak players. Jason's tools are less effective against groups which is why it is good to take things slow.

Getting stunned is annoying of course, but I am sure counselors feel the same about being killed and then spending an entire 15 minutes spectating, so it could be worse. Just remember every stun gets you one step closer to rage.

A lot of people give @GeneiJin and @Tommy86 flak when they offer advice about Jason, but the fact of the matter is that they are providing solutions for the matter. Sure I knew the things they posted before they posted it, but I can imagine a lot of people found what they have posted to be helpful.

I think the main buff Jason needs is his kill prompt showing up about 80 or 90% faster so that grabs can actually be utilized against groups. I have choke equiped on all Jasons and can't even activate it in an open area because a counselor 5 yards away can save them before the kill prompt shows up. I think that one buff would completely change how the game works for Jason. You won't be at the mercy of tossing throwing knives and slahsing at 7 counselors who are all running Medic + Thick Skinned. I doubt it would happen, but that buff alone would make Jason a threat again.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nougat said:

I think the main buff Jason needs is his kill prompt showing up about 80 or 90% faster so that grabs can actually be utilized against groups. I have choke equiped on all Jasons and can't even activate it in an open area because a counselor 5 yards away can save them before the kill prompt shows up. I think that one buff would completely change how the game works for Jason. You won't be at the mercy of tossing throwing knives and slahsing at 7 counselors who are all running Medic + Thick Skinned. I doubt it would happen, but that buff alone would make Jason a threat again.

Yeah the current delay at times is ridiculous. especially by the car. you grab the person out and no one is even out of the car yet, but the animation is so drawn out they still have time to exit car, run all the way around and get the stun off before your kill lights up.. its nuts..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Yeah the current delay at times is ridiculous. especially by the car. you grab the person out and no one is even out of the car yet, but the animation is so drawn out they still have time to exit car, run all the way around and get the stun off before your kill lights up.. its nuts..

I think it just depends on the terrain and what is nearby. I've had grab kills be almost instantly activated. There just has to be room for the animation. 

30 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

The car delay is already crazy because someone could go and repair the phone and call the cops (assuming the group is in party chat) in the time it takes to pull someone out of the car plus the stun you inevitably have to take after. Pulling someone out of a car should have more invincibility frames, although Jason does lose collision for a bit when pulling a counselor out, which helps eat hits sometimes.

Just now, thrawn3054 said:

I think it just depends on the terrain and what is nearby. I've had grab kills be almost instantly activated. There just has to be room for the animation. 

What I meant was a shorter animation in general so that the prompt can actually pop up before someone halfway across the map cam make a save. The prompt does come up after the animation, but the animation is rather long, leading to very easy saves.

Play against a group of Chads all running Epic Thick Skinned and Epic Medic and it will become a lot more understandable. Slashing won't do much unless you Shift Slash, since someone behind you can punish your whiff, throwing knives will run out, and grabs are uselss. Meanwhile they have good weapon durability to make enough saves for the time it takes 20 minutes to go by. A quicker kill prompt/animation, would make grabbing slightly more viable against groups.

1 hour ago, Nougat said:

What I meant was a shorter animation in general so that the prompt can actually pop up before someone halfway across the map cam make a save. The prompt does come up after the animation, but the animation is rather long, leading to very easy saves.

Play against a group of Chads all running Epic Thick Skinned and Epic Medic and it will become a lot more understandable. Slashing won't do much unless you Shift Slash, since someone behind you can punish your whiff, throwing knives will run out, and grabs are uselss. Meanwhile they have good weapon durability to make enough saves for the time it takes 20 minutes to go by. A quicker kill prompt/animation, would make grabbing slightly more viable against groups.

Ah okay. I haven't had much problems with it myself but I see your point.

13 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. It makes no sense whatsoever that a scrawny teenage girl can knock Jason on the ground with one hit from a frying pan.

You must not be a fan of the early films then.

9 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

You must not be a fan of the early films then.

Well, I over exaggerated. I know Jason gets stunned temporarily in the movies, so it makes sense to have it in the game as well. 

I wonder how mad this guy would have been when 3 or 4 counselors could have 3 pocket knives and all of them are armed with axes and machetes? Yes, the stun mechanic needs work, I think a diminishing effect should be introduced.

14 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Accept that being stunned is part of the Jason experience and  work on reducing it as much as you can.  Block can work, but often time it's better to dodge counselor's swing (no stamina regain and no canceling shenanigans), and be familiar of all the types of chain stuns.  Sometime is better to just take the stun if their is something to gain from it, like a dead counselor, and fear Machetes or Axes, not bats or wenches.  Even with players not necessarily a kill-squad gets ideas once Jason's mask is off

Great advice from someone that I've seen exploit animation canceling repeatedly. 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ns7979 said:

Great advice from someone that I've seen exploit animation canceling repeatedly. 🙄

Best thing to to with this guy is ignore him, he has nothing better to do than show up in threads where people talk about Jason being pathetic (he is) to try and argue different, this dude is a try hard , he plays on PC uses every exploit and every hack, he is the person in the lobby who trolls Jason and dances, and quits when he know he is getting killed, ignoring trolls makes them go away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:26 AM, FinLadd said:

Have you not seen the movies? Jason gets stun hurt all the time. He literally gets buckled over after getting hit in the balls in Part 2... At most, he should need more than one baseball bat hit to stun though. I think it's silly that 2 or 3 players can basically negate Jason for several minutes by using baseball bats with the increased chance at stunning perk equipped. 

4 hours ago, ns7979 said:

Whether you like it or not, any player has the option to utilize it, including yourself.  No one is going to police the game how you feel like it should play, you're better off considering options both counselor and Jason has to offer and know it's counter play (which there is).  Jason has his share of canceling tech as well, most prominently, the ability to swing cancel into shift, and is something I endorse any Jason to add to his/her arsenal.   For those complaining about getting stunned trading hits with counselor, you can use shift's invincible to bypass stuns, granted it's not in cool-down. If you attack a counselor and see him/her retaliating back, cancel the swing recovery into shift and ether exit out in place for a punish, or move to safety if swarmed.

BTW, do I know you on PC? I keep running into people that know me, but I don't know them, lol.

3 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Best thing to to with this guy is ignore him, he has nothing better to do than show up in threads where people talk about Jason being pathetic (he is) to try and argue different, this dude is a try hard , he plays on PC uses every exploit and every hack, he is the person in the lobby who trolls Jason and dances, and quits when he know he is getting killed, ignoring trolls makes them go away.

Yea, because your contribution of just echoing complains rather than offering suggestions or solutions is going to do wonders to help those frustrated :rolleyes:.  For the record, I do use any tech the engine allow (you call exploit), I won't use lame shit like exploiting into unreachable places for Jason or anything that makes me immune to harm.  I have never, and will never, used any hacks such as the now-famous Speed Hacking.

Hate to break it to you, but Try-hard counselors are only beaten by Try-hard Jasons B).  I "troll" counselors as Jason just as much as I "troll" Jason as counselor.  I say GG after every game, and offer advice or help to anyone asking nicely.

• Like 3