Why is it no longer in the outro, and I know its been that way since the PC hotfix, but is there a reason?...*we all know there's not* and is it coming back or has any light been shed on this what so ever?

On 9/21/2018 at 6:31 PM, Dolemite said:

I hope so. The missing laugh is such a total bummer and needs to be fixed ASAP.

Man, when I had friends over to play the game for the 1st time and they heard that laughter. They cringed, I laughed. They'll patch it back in, it has to be an oversight. That laugh is chilling, I love it!

@ShiftySamurai Was not hearing Pamela’s laugh, during the outro...any Jason(s) exit...an error? If so, will it be addressed in the next patch? 

The issue with pamela’s laugh has been reported. I do not know yet if it will be addressed with the next update. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

The issue with pamela’s laugh has been reported. I do not know yet if it will be addressed with the next update. 

Ok...thank you!

If you are looking at sound bugs, please look at the counselors death screams, and Vanessa/Deb/Fox not reacting to lights being taken out. Three birds with one stone and all.

I like it this way. I don’t mind it being there, but an evil laugh doesn’t really fit Mrs. Vorhees, IMO. She didn’t see herself as doing something bad or evil, she thought she was protecting other children from drowning. In that sense, a “Mwhahaha” is out of place. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JackTV said:

I like it this way. I don’t mind it being there, but an evil laugh doesn’t really fit Mrs. Vorhees, IMO. She didn’t see herself as doing something bad or evil, she thought she was protecting other children from drowning. In that sense, a “Mwhahaha” is out of place. 

Mrs. Voorhees may not have seen herself as a bad person.... yet that is exactly what she is, and what makes most villains compelling... 

she is an Arsonist, Murderer, and psychotic...

she speakes to herself in her young sons voice, murders  adults/ and teens who were not responsible for her sons death which in all intents and purposes a drowning would be deemed an accident, yet she continually says they killed him, and eventually tells Alice and all her victims “ look what you did to him..” putting all blame on them to justify murdering them.

So her laugh in Jasons own psychotic mind is perfectly placed! ( considering Jason sees all teens and adults who had nothing to do with his mother’s death responsibile....showing he has the same  psychotic tendencies.)

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Mrs. Voorhees may not have seen herself as a bad person.... yet that is exactly what she is and what makes most villains compelling... 

she is an Arsonist, Murderer, and psychotic...

she speakes to herself in her young sons voice, murders  adults/ and teens who were not responsible for her sons death which in all intents and purposes would be deemed an accident, yet she continually says they killed him.

So her laugh in Jasons own psychotic mind is perfectly placed! ( considering Jason sees all teens and adults who had nothing to do with his mother’s death responsibile....showing he has the some psychotic tendencies.)

But everything you just mentioned equates her to being crazy, not evil. Obviously, she was mad, but maniacal laughter is more akin to someone who takes delight in committing atrocious crimes. She didn’t deem murder to be fun, but necessary.

As I said, it’s all good. It can be there, or not. But if I had to choose, the laugh being absent is more Mrs. Vorhees, and the laugh is more of a cliche cartoon villain. 

On 10/13/2018 at 11:44 AM, JackTV said:

But everything you just mentioned equates her to being crazy, not evil. Obviously, she was mad, but maniacal laughter is more akin to someone who takes delight in committing atrocious crimes. She didn’t deem murder to be fun, but necessary.

As I said, it’s all good. It can be there, or not. But if I had to choose, the laugh being absent is more Mrs. Vorhees, and the laugh is more of a cliche cartoon villain. 

Her laugher and her talking to Jason is in Jasons own psychotic mind it is what he is envisioning his mother’s response to be to his behavior...and actions It works for the context of the game.

on a side note killing innocent people would fall under evil not just crazy.

( she seemed quite delighted while beating Alice at the end of the movie while attempting to murder her.)

Even though she believes what she is doing is justified in her own mind it is not in the context of the law and what is right or wrong so her actions by definition would be  evil.

4 hours ago, JackTV said:

Completely agree. The cackling laugh was never heard in Parts 1 and 2. The cackling laugh only made an appearance in Freddy vs Jason. When Freddy Krueger had taken the form of Pamela in Jason's dream. First time I heard it, I was like - they've taken this from Freddy's interpretation of Mrs Voorhees. But that wasn't Mrs Voorhees...that was Freddy...and that's my supergeek moment of the day. :D  

• Like 1