Sign in to follow this  
Dolemite

Savini Jason Custom Figure

Well, my custom Savini Jason is finally finished. It's basically a NECA Part 4 Jason base with lots and lots of dremeling and painting. The actual joints aren't painted however, as the original plastic colors (dark green and brown) blend well with the painted areas around them, so the figure remains pretty much as posable as before (as opposed to a gloried statue). The chains weren't hard to get on, although I procrastinated for ages before doing so because I feared they would be.

It's currently missing the spiky things on the exposed shoulder because I haven't found pieces that I could use at that scale that I considered acceptable, but if I do I will update the figure and post new photos (I have some ideas). Also, I didn't put the random strips of flesh over the mouth simply because I have no fucking idea how to do so (I don't do sculpting). I'm detailed oriented, but even I know when to give up, lol.

I also debated doing something to the eye holes of the mask to make the glowing effect more prominent (as opposed to just relying on the yellow eyes on the head underneath), but in the end I decided to be more subtle.

But since it's otherwise finished, I figured I'd share it with you all. I hope you dig it...I put a lot of work into it, but it was a lot of fun and I'm really happy with the result. Plus, it was something I HAD to do knowing that we'll never get a legit Savini out of NECA due to the game's licensing issues forbidding actual merchandise being made.

Here's a little something to listen to while viewing...

Pic heavy! Enjoy!  :)

43857507905_5227b3f717_c.jpg
43857508965_a90b9b561e_c.jpg
43857508815_21ae50e6fd_c.jpg
44717488532_55425e819b_c.jpg
30895936628_18386427f5_c.jpg
43857508605_200d7192c3_c.jpg
43857507705_d71052eb70_c.jpg
44717488382_816e94aa7d_c.jpg
43857508355_122d3bf43b_c.jpg
44717487962_1b7136bb20_c.jpg
44717487312_bd6940614d_c.jpg
43857508155_c55ec41283_c.jpg
30895936778_3f2f3a1bea_c.jpg
44050449554_c0f2ceba7c_c.jpg
43857507455_a3a566bf03_c.jpg

• Like 6

@Dolemite

That is some seriously impressive work!!!

Blown away by the progress you have made it looks good enough to be on store shelves my friend.

the paint application is spot on and really well done love the way you captured the charcoal coloring on the mask and clothing!

I am 100% sure there will be several inquiries as to if you would be willing to sell this masterpiece!  or if you would be willing to make another for someone ( hint hint..?)

but seriously great work love the killer photo shoot !!! 

Ps great job on the pitchfork what did you use to make it?!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@Dolemite

That is some seriously impressive work!!!

Blown away by the progress you have made it look good enough to be on store shelves my friend.

the paint application is spot on and really well done love the way you captured the charcoal coloring on the mask and clothing!

I appreciate the very kind words, good sir. Thanks!!

I am 100% sure there will be several inquiries as to if you would be willing to sell this masterpiece!  or if you would be willing to make another for someone ( hint hint..?)

I would NEVER sell my Savini, as the work-in-process version was held by none other than Mr. Kane Hodder himself.  :)

42337123100_a83e6b6a12_o.jpg

HOWEVER, I did just pick up an extra Part 4 Jason and was mulling over the possibility of making a new Savini that I might be willing to sell. Just a word of warning, however...it won't be cheap. If anyone is 100% serious, PM me and we can discuss potential terms. If it works out and enough people are interested, I might be willing to make more than one.  :)

Ps great job on the pitchfork what did you use to make it?!

That was actually pretty simple! I just took a pitchfork from a DC Black Manta Figure and dry-brushed it black. I figured it looked close enough.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

That was actually pretty simple! I just took a pitchfork from a DC Black Manta Figure and dry-brushed it black. I figured it looked close enough.

You’re welcome !!

Killer Craftman ship man.

good thinking with the Black Manta weapon it definitely fits the Savini figure quite well!!

and depending on this months bonus check from work you just might be getting a P.M......lol 

• Like 1

That's incredibly cool. Would you say you're done with the figure overall? I figured maybe you'd want to add some more touches like the spikes on his shoulders or other minor things.

On 9/19/2018 at 3:30 AM, The Doctor said:

That's incredibly cool. Would you say you're done with the figure overall? I figured maybe you'd want to add some more touches like the spikes on his shoulders or other minor things.

Thanks, but in answer to your question about the shoulder spikes, I guess you just looked at the pretty pictures and didn't actually bother to read the post? 'Cause I addressed that and other design choices I made while making the figure, dude.

Just now, badassgixxer05 said:

This is pretty freakin awesome man! You sure have some talent! ?

Thank you, good sir!

BTW, I came across some black plastic toothpicks on ebay and ordered them. 300 for $4.95 shipped, lol. We'll see how they work as potential shoulder spikes once I get 'em.

• Like 1

I figure pencil lead would be chap and easy. Sharpen, break off, repeat. Maybe not that sturdy, though.

1 hour ago, Dogmatic said:

I figure pencil lead would be chap and easy. Sharpen, break off, repeat. Maybe not that sturdy, though.

No, I wouldn't think that would be sturdy at all.

On 9/19/2018 at 11:14 AM, Dolemite said:

BTW, I came across some black plastic toothpicks on ebay and ordered them. 300 for $4.95 shipped, lol. We'll see how they work as potential shoulder spikes once I get 'em.

That may definitely be the way to go.

Depending on how brave you want to be with this custom.....

Cutting the plastic tooth picks to the size you want and pre drilling holes into the chest/ shoulder area with a very fine thin bit and gluing them in could wield you the best results.....it is however risky.

I love the figure as is and that technique will definitely force you to do touch ups..but will definitely give you the completed look you are going for.

6 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

That may definitely be the way to go.

Depending on how brave you want to be with this custom.....

Cutting the plastic tooth picks to the size you want and pre drilling holes into the chest/ shoulder area with a very fine thin bit and gluing them in could wield you the best results.....it is however risky.

I love the figure as is and that technique will definitely force you to do touch ups..but will definitely give you the completed look you are going for.

Actually, if I do add the spikes I'll use something called a pin vise, which is essentially a small, hand-operated drill that uses very small bits. It affords you a great deal of control when making tiny holes in things. But I may experiment on another figure first to see how it looks. 

14 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Actually, if I do add the spikes I'll use something called a pin vise, which is essentially a small, hand-operated drill that uses very small bits. It affords you a great deal of control when making tiny holes in things. But I may experiment on another figure first to see how it looks. 

Good thinking! Tools of the trade lol

*edit* just watched a tutorial on using a pine vise that thing is awesome! I am going to have to get one of them to assist me with any future customs I will be doing.

5 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Good thinking! Tools of the trade lol

*edit* just watched a tutorial on using a pine vise that thing is awesome! I am going to have to get one of them to assist me with any future customs I will be doing.

They're SO useful for precision work. Plus, they're pretty cheap. You should totally have a pin vise in your arsenal if you're a customizer.

21 hours ago, Brian76 said:

Wow @Dolemite! You did an awesome job! About how many hours, did it take you? The detail is amazing! I can’t wait to see it...when it’s finished. ?

Thanks! Hard to say how many hours it took...I worked on it on and off for a while.

BTW, the toothpicks didn't work out. I have to think of something else for the spikes.

On 9/23/2018 at 2:52 PM, Dolemite said:

Thanks! Hard to say how many hours it took...I worked on it on and off for a while.

BTW, the toothpicks didn't work out. I have to think of something else for the spikes.

You’re welcome! Oh ok. Hmm the spikes...would a moldable epoxy work?

4 minutes ago, Brian76 said:

You’re welcome! Oh ok. Hmm the spikes...would a moldable epoxy work?

Possibly, but I know next to nothing about sculpting. I'd be more open to something that's already the right shape that I can just paint, drilling a little hole, and glue onto the figure.

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

Possibly, but I know next to nothing about sculpting. I'd be more open to something that's already the right shape that I can just paint, drilling a little hole, and glue onto the figure.

Ok. Maybe try a hair comb. Break off the tips and sand the ends to the size, of the drill bit, that you’re using. 

13 hours ago, Brian76 said:

Ok. Maybe try a hair comb. Break off the tips and sand the ends to the size, of the drill bit, that you’re using. 

Hmm. HMMM. Good idea! I'll swing by a pharmacy today and peruse their comb selection.