TWarner

Fake Dedicated Server's on XBOX One ?

I stopped watching after he said it takes 3 mins to find a game..

For me.. These dedicated servers are working awesome.   Been able to join games in under 30 seconds...AND the game is now running smoother than ever before.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I stopped watching after he said it takes 3 mins to find a game..

For me.. These dedicated servers are working awesome.   Been able to join games in under 30 seconds...AND the game is now running smoother than ever before.

Ditto. Dedicated Servers are awesome! Not to mentioned host quitting doesn’t end the game anymore.

• Like 3

Uh Gunmedia already stated players have to update the game on all systems to properly give access to Dedicated Servers.

Me? I don't care as long as I can play a game!

14 hours ago, TWarner said:

Gun please respond to this A-hole !  Is he right ?

He’s wrong but can’t blame him for arguing the fact of what he saw maybe his system didn’t update correctly?!? 

Hmmm 

A couple thoughts on this, it is interesting how it searches for a dedicated server. It taking that long sounds possibly like they have limited amount of servers, and a high amount of players on at that time so it had to wait for a game to end.

I do agree that it should read searching for a lobby though, not a server. Again I am assuming that has to do with finding a server slot to host the game.

I have heard of this "host quitting, kicked" error. I am real curious what regions it is happening in and how often. 

I do know there is still kind of a host that selects maps and such, but do not believe the match ends when they quit. At least I haven't experienced it. What usually happens is after the match, you go back to main menu, search again, and end up in a lobby with the same people.

After all, I dont think they spent a ton of money on an engine upgrade just to change the wording of search parameters. 

Every time someone in our party of 4-8 leaves, the whole party gets dumped out mid game, its ridiculous. I've also waited 2 minutes for a load in playing by myself, then tried to cancel and back out, and the game gets locked in the "canceling" screen until I shut off the game. 

Is it possible they took some of the pc servers and gave them over to consoles? Ive noticed extended wait times on pc. I know player count is low but it usually never takes 2+ mins to find a server..

It looks like he recorded this video right after the update was released on Xbox One. At that point there were likely not enough players with the update that included Dedicated Servers, so his game fell back to P2P matchmaking.

Any time you see "F13 Official NA/EU" or similar, it means you are connected to a Dedicated Server. If you do not see that, or similar, phrasing, then you are in a peer to peer lobby.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

It looks like he recorded this video right after the update was released on Xbox One. At that point there were likely not enough players with the update that included Dedicated Servers, so his game fell back to P2P matchmaking.

Any time you see "F13 Official NA/EU" or similar, it means you are connected to a Dedicated Server. If you do not see that, or similar, phrasing, then you are in a peer to peer lobby.

I have yet to see searching dedicated servers it just says searching sessions, searching cooldown then dumps me in an empty lobby everytime at 1.35 is there some kind of issue with the EU servers? Anyone else having problems on Xbox in UK? 

Just wanted to chime in and say ..  Thanks so much for finally adding dedicated server

Can't believe how smooth this game runs now.      And no longer have to worry about idiot hosts quitting.

Played a game as Jason last night, everyone quit, half of them quit the moment i grabbed them.  But the game stayed open till i was finished, and i got to go home to mother,. She was proud.    It was beautiful

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Been playing round after round on EU servers this morning. No problems here. Had the player  'map selector' quit many times and the games stay open. 

I didn't even watch that video, they're wrong. 

On 9/22/2018 at 8:43 AM, kohagan said:

Been playing round after round on EU servers this morning. No problems here. Had the player  'map selector' quit many times and the games stay open. 

I didn't even watch that video, they're wrong. 

Must be me then I still can't get on an EU dedicated server on Xbox

I honestly don’t know how this dude gets views. More power to him, but when content creators talk down to their viewers (like this dude often does), one would think subscribership would go down. 

Not to mention, in this video, he got ALL the facts wrong. Every. Single. One. 

Then again, maybe it’s genius if it gets him views. 

3 hours ago, ken9ru43 said:

I've not seen one dedicated server on xbox

Holy Necroposting man three months late lol!