I know the developerd can't add additional content not so much as a tree, but i'm really hoping they can do something about groups or scratch that, entire lobbies attempting to kill me. It is the most demoralising and un fun thing that i've had to deal with; even moreso, than these dedicated server issues.

I've just had a game and honestly inside i'm raging but, yes i've had a game and pretty much from the word go, they we're hunting me and it sucks. Does Jason want to run away of course not, but the instinct to survive is there, for EVERYONE. Anyway it sucks, 7 counselors all in a group dancing outside packanack lodge, waiting for poor old lil jason to show himself. There must be a way to challenge this kind of behaviour in the game.

Dev's please do something, i have 2 ideas a mix up of them could help...one jason's damage output and a reduction based on how many counselors are within a certain range of him and two at the very least make it so counselors can't enter his shack until at least i don't know 4 of them have died. It's just too damn easy for a group of 7 to kick his ass!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Sweater + Tommy is Jason's  kryptonite.  This actually has less to do with actually bullying Jason and more to so that Counselors just gain so much control of the destiny of that match.  The only real defence you can have is to prevent Tommy all together by cutting power to the Tommy radio and guard it like any other objective.  Unfortunate for Jason, it's a race to who gets to it first, so you won't always be able to prevent it, but it's still worth making the attempt as keeping Jason "invincible" allows you to be more flexible of how to approach the match as well as reduce the threat posed by mobs/kill squads.

• Like 2

I think it's too easy to demask Jason. It should require at least 5x the amount of damage than it actually require.
Unfortunately if you are against 7 skilled and organized consuelors there is little you can actually do, even if you are a seasoned 150. I don't know how devs can address this without damaging the experience when the lobby is a mix between skilled and beginners. 

• Like 2

Yes i guess that's true. Most games don't go that way but when they do. You just resign yourself to your fate.

I concur. It's not too far off 2 years since the very first time I got to play F13. I've definitely noticed throughout my entire playtime that Jason is not effective enough at dealing with groups.

He just isn't, there's no two ways about it. I play a strong Jason (don't mean to toot my own horn too loudly there) and haven't been defeated once, despite being rather ruthless when I play. It's not often groups get the opportunity to gang up on me, but when they do it's far more work than it should be to disperse the crowd.

Balance can be a bit tough to gauge in this instance. Jason is perfect for fighting individual counsellors, it's just groups. Catching people who run all game isn't an issue because knives and stalk make short work of them.

So, we have to think "how can we make Jason stronger against groups without making him a nightmare for single players". We can't buff knife or melee damage because everyone would be getting crippled every two minutes. We can't give him any more traps because they're already balanced between each playable Jason. We just need to balance it against groups.

So that narrows down what things can be changed; powers and charge times, animations, item spawns/durability, max Jason health (before demask) and damage/stuns inflicted by counsellors. Based on that, my suggestions would be either one of or multiple of the following:

#1 - Add a function that lets you flick the thumb stick/click the mouse whilst in combat stance to change your target lock on. Maybe even a little hockey mask icon above them so you can see who you're targeting. Make holding R2 perform the standard weapon attack (one you do when not in combat stance) and make tapping R2 perform the move you usually do in combat stance. Make it so that knives can be thrown whilst in combat stance and decrease all damage taken whilst in combat stance, even when not blocking. Good thing about this is that counsellors can still run or still try and surprise him with sneaky attacks, but it will dissuade people from wanting to attack him when he knows you're coming because he'll move slower but be harder to demask in combat stance.

These changes let Jason fight more effectively in groups and shouldn't cause any issues for the copyright suit that's on going. Just change some values and reuse the hockey mask icon from the private lobby when someone is picked as Jason before the match starts.

#2 - Remove the ability to chain stun (it seriously needs to go anyway) and add diminishing returns on stuns. This has been suggested before and seems like a good idea to me. Simply give Jason 3 seconds of immunity when he stands up and for every time he's stunned again within a short time frame after (say 1 minute), he's on the ground for a shorter period of time with an extra second added on to his stun immunity when standing. After a few minutes of no stuns, his resistance returns to normal. 

#3 - Increase the amount of stamina needed to attack Jason whilst at full fear. When grouped up, counsellor fear levels tend to reach maximum fairly quickly in a long fight with Jason due to being around him. To dissuade people from ganging up and relentlessly beating you, make melee attacks cost more stamina as your fear rises, and maybe make them less effective at higher fear too. This dissuades people from being around Jason because their stamina will run out very quick if they try to fight him, but they can still run just as effectively. Players will have a higher chance of demasking him when they're not standing around trying to bash him, which should dissuade gangs from looking for you. 

A good thing about this suggestion is that it will stop counsellors taking lots of swings and will reduce the effectiveness of groups. Say there's 5 people attacking Jason. After a minute or two, they're all at full fear. Say it takes 75% stamina to swing your weapon in this state. You get 1 good swing and probably 5-10 seconds after, you get another. If you miss, you still have a little bit of stamina to try and run away. This stops loads of attacks being made at Jason and will encourage players to manage their fear before fighting him. Make it so that when you're at full fear, your combat effectiveness goes way down. You get a good few moments to stand toe to toe with him in the beginning but at full fear, running away is a better option. It'll reduce group effectiveness without overpowering or underpowering individual counsellors. 

#4 - Last but not least, make Jason more fearsome during rage. Keep everything the same but double/triple his mask health, slightly increase his melee and knife damage and make him take only tiny, tiny amounts of damage whilst blocking. This makes it so that Jason can go about his business until he gets rage, and then he when he does he'll kick a group's ass, but won't be too overpowered for any single players to deal with. They can still run away, but players need to be very heavily dissuaded from attacking him when he has rage. When he gets rage, people should be genuinely afraid to fight him.

These are a few of my suggestions that could be added without causing issues with the copyright lawsuit. No new assets require making and only some parameters need changing. I had considered other things like an area attack for Jason, but that would mean a new animation would have to be added, and that can't be done.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Actually had this attempted on me yesterday. I went I to block and kept circling. The idiots kept right on swinging. Missing half the time and finally breaking their weapons. Once a couple were broke I started grabbing the little bastards and ending their foolish attempts. 

13 hours ago, Hancove said:

I think it's too easy to demask Jason. It should require at least 5x the amount of damage than it actually require.
Unfortunately if you are against 7 skilled and organized consuelors there is little you can actually do, even if you are a seasoned 150. I don't know how devs can address this without damaging the experience when the lobby is a mix between skilled and beginners. 

This is so true.  I recently got ganged upon by 6 counselors and got demasked in 2 hits.  There's really not much you can do against that many experienced counselors sticking together. I knocked off all the power as fast as I could & tried to check them again, but that didn't prevent Tommy from being called.  I also trapped the shack, but they still got in.  I tried to hit people from a distance with throwing knives after that because how do I stop from being killed? It's so easy to kill Jason once his mask if off if you know what you're doing.  Sweater Girl and Tommy just need to get close enough.  I ended up surviving (how f'd up to say that as Jason) with 2/8 killed and got called all sorts of nasty names because I wouldn't get close to Tommy & Sweater Girl.  I agree that does make Jason a chicken.  What do you do?  Just let them have the Jason kill?  I tried blocking but that didn't work 100% of the time.  BTW I was playing with part 2.  Perhaps I should consider a different one as my main.

It’s because Jason’s attacks aren’t strong enough. Cut and dry.

Slashing someone with an axe is a life-threatening situation and swinging a machete could kill someone instantly. However, in this game, you can get hit by a killer swinging an axe upwards of five times. WTF.

Getting hit by Jason’s attack should immediately cause limp, like it actually would. Some people want to cry about immersion all day but forget what getting slashed by a sharp object would do to someone. I’m so sorry, so sorry to the trolls who run around Jason getting slashed 2 and 3 times with a godamn axe yet are perfectly fine. How is that even remotely realistic? It’s outrageous and has caused many of the trolling issues that persist. Have a pocket knife and a med spray? Troll Jason, it’s not like he can kill you easily.

One hit from Jason should cause a limp state, point blank period. Being that close to Jason that he can hit or grab you should be almost 100% death. It should only be countered by stunning him and spraying, having another counselor nearby to spray you and/or stun him the spray. As well, having the Thick Skin perk should make Jason have to swing one additional time to induce the limp state. This launch-day 2-3 swings to limp has long needed an overhaul and might just make counselors rethink getting so close to a Jason anymore. As I recall, the original idea of the game was for counselors to hide and always stay away from Jason. The existing meta has been to form kill-parties that hunt Jason which is tired and annoying. Redo this alone and there will be an incredible balance brought to the game by way of reducing trolls and mediocre Jason hunters ability to get close to Jason

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Hancove said:

I think it's too easy to demask Jason. It should require at least 5x the amount of damage than it actually require.\\

No way that is way too much.  The only Jason that can be killable would be if the Jason let them, even with that there may not be enough machetes and Axes on the map as they will break.  A lot of people here feel like Jason kills should be buff because... they don't want it to happen to themselves.... but truthful the fact kill Jason can happen to anyone is what makes it interesting and fun for both ends.  But I agree that its a bit to easy and Jason should have, just a little, more protection to balance out.  A small increase to health, 20-25% would be nice, but more importantly just knowing Tommy's radio is the single easiest thing that would have a positive impact on the meta when kill squads are involved.

Bring back Launch Jason stun. And Jason using counselors to block/take damage when they are in his hands.

These two changes would do wonders.

Counsellors should not be able to trade melee hits with Jason. Counsellors should at least get disarmed IF Jason land the melee attack 1st.

This  would cut down a huge chunk of the of the group stun fests.... Literally 

Yeah. The future of this game needs a REALISTIC rebalance. The damage in game needs to reflects what would actually happen.

Starting with Jason’s damage, the game needs to demonstrate what would happen if you actually tried to go toe to toe with Jason. Jason’s mele attack should be devastating, not a joke.

As well, throwing knives need to be returned to their original damage as they are unnecessarily overpowered. How can 2 throwing knives take you to limp but two slashes with a machete don’t. That’s stupid. Also, throwing knives are incredibly difficult to use properly and take great skill to time the rotation and distance so just throwing them does not equate a hit. Throwing knife in the arm... machete across the body. Too many players exploit the change in throwing knife damage and it’s played out.

Also, jumping through a closed window should be more devastating. A kid I grew up with died when he ran through a cheap closed glass door in our apartment complex. I’ll never forget everyone downplaying it was a funny accident and he just got hurt until we found out he died. Busting through glass is no joke. Furthermore, it should take longer to open and go through windows  nobody just walks up to a window OPEN 1 second, go though 2 seconds. Please. And counselors should be able to be SNATCHED mid climb like how Jason grabbed people through windows in the films why is this not a thing?

Baretraps need to be reduced across the board for Jason and counselors. Nowhere in the franchise did Jason use baretraps. The 2009 remake is garbage and should not even be considered.

These are the things that need to be reworked. The counselor looping and healing needs to stop. It drags out games and is lame. We’ve seen it all already. I will not watch another 12 minutes of a mediocre Vanessa jumping through the same 3 windows with virtually no penalties. Nor will I watch another trash TJ run around thinking he’s hot shit with the most OP character in the game. Make this game challenging and fun one more for the love of the IP. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Yeah. The future of this game needs a REALISTIC rebalance. The damage in game needs to reflects what would actually happen.

In a game with dance emote and goof costumes, it's kinda hard to get any serious realism.  All I care about is if it's ultimately fun on both ends.  Minus some balancing and the Achilles Heel of this game, bugs, I'd say it is.

No one wants to be Jason again! Truthfully, just make his grab range larger and problem is solved. I can't tell you how many time it's a swing and a miss when I am right fucking there from a morph...then only to have some asswipe Vanessa stun me directly after. It's quite aggravating. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

No way that is way too much.  The only Jason that can be killable would be if the Jason let them, even with that there may not be enough machetes and Axes on the map as they will break.  A lot of people here feel like Jason kills should be buff because... they don't want it to happen to themselves.... but truthful the fact kill Jason can happen to anyone is what makes it interesting and fun for both ends.  But I agree that its a bit to easy and Jason should have, just a little, more protection to balance out.  A small increase to health, 20-25% would be nice, but more importantly just knowing Tommy's radio is the single easiest thing that would have a positive impact on the meta when kill squads are involved.

To kill Jason should be much more harder than now. A character with high strength like Tommy can demask you with a couple of vertical hit. That's not nice. I've killed Jason so many times it has became rather boring to do it. It has lost all the magic. I think it should be an exceptional thing. Something that even if you are 150 and well organized with 3-4 firends is still much risky. 

13 minutes ago, americanalien said:

No one wants to be Jason again! Truthfully, just make his grab range larger and problem is solved. I can't tell you how many time it's a swing and a miss when I am right fucking there from a morph...then only to have some asswipe Vanessa stun me directly after. It's quite aggravating. 

Combat is like a mini game in itself. Have to utilize your block, while also trying to bate the counselor into swing the same as they are trying to do to you. Anticipate, use knives, apply pressure smartly. Dont just continue to run at them and get stunned with no defense..

17 minutes ago, americanalien said:

I would not say that no one wanna be Jason and I'm quite ok with grab range. The problem of the grab is that you are trapped into the animation. 
The idea of this animation is nice. Now it's much more realistic but it expose you to stuns. 
Maybe they can make Jason not stunnable while trying to grab? I don't know if this is a good idea. I was actually ok with the old grab. You could spam it and it wasn't very good to see but at least you were less exposed to stun

4 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

In a game with dance emote and goof costumes, it's kinda hard to get any serious realism.  All I care about is if it's ultimately fun on both ends.  Minus some balancing and the Achilles Heel of this game, bugs, I'd say it is.

Um the dance emojis and costumes were added later so that argument doesn’t hold. The game needs a return to form true to the original vision. 

2 hours ago, BillyBallo said:

To kill Jason should be much more harder than now. A character with high strength like Tommy can demask you with a couple of vertical hit. That's not nice. I've killed Jason so many times it has became rather boring to do it. It has lost all the magic. I think it should be an exceptional thing. Something that even if you are 150 and well organized with 3-4 firends is still much risky. 

I agree, thought the same since launch. Jason is indeed too easy to kill. I remember when it was supposed to be something like 1 in 75 games, but that's not the case these days. Smart Jasons are tougher to take out but new players can't do much to protect themselves from it. To be honest, I'd be happy with the sweater being on a random spawn chance so it's not going to always be there. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I agree, thought the same since launch. Jason is indeed too easy to kill. I remember when it was supposed to be something like 1 in 75 games, but that's not the case these days. Smart Jasons are tougher to take out but new players can't do much to protect themselves from it. To be honest, I'd be happy with the sweater being on a random spawn chance so it's not going to always be there. 

What, so you mean that it would literally be impossible to kill Jason in some games? Interesting idea.

But on top of that, Jay's stun resistance needs to be buffed and his horrible new grab needs to either be tinkered with or reverted back to the way it used to be. Blocking could use work as well.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

That would make things interesting. Should the counselor take the risk to peak inside shack only to find no sweater and a Jason now waiting outside for them. I like it...

1 hour ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Um the dance emojis and costumes were added later so that argument doesn’t hold. The game needs a return to form true to the original vision. 

Sure it does.  You want the game to be without it, an opinion, it's in the game now and it doesn't bother me, I enjoy it for what it is.