18 hours ago, Pazuzu said:

Eh, Trish did it with one machete blow in the 4th film. Seems pretty fair to me, it's just a mask with a couple straps on his head, not an impenetrable force field wrapped around his face.

Wow! I can an tell that you aren’t really a f13 movie fan, I’m a huge fan(it’s why I play this game, and it’s the only game I play as I’m not a gamer) for the record trish didn’t knock the mask off Tommy did

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2018 at 10:41 PM, NytmereZ said:

Wow! I can an tell that you aren’t really a f13 movie fan, I’m a huge fan(it’s why I play this game, and it’s the only game I play as I’m not a gamer) for the record trish didn’t knock the mask off Tommy did

Uh....Trish DID knock the mask off in the fourth movie Mr. F13 superfan. For the ACTUAL record Tommy KILLED Jason but Trish knocked off the mask. 

On 9/20/2018 at 11:27 AM, GeneiJin said:

I had some sympathy toward bullied Jason when I was counselor pref, but since I switched to Jason, I have none,.  I learned how to fight back as Jason, I could careless if someone else doesn't have the intuition or drive to improve.   When I was new, I was also invited VIP to the Troll party.  Have thickskin, DEAL WITH IT, and learn.

Bullying Jason was fated the moment the developers decided to add a combat mechanic.  It function a lot like a simple fighting game, that by nature will reward the player that knows and understand the options and tools for both sides best.  You can add as many buff or new options to Jason, but bullying will not go away unless combat for counselor is completely nullified or removed.  With that, this game would be Tom & Jerry DBD.  Boring, no thank you.

It’s multiplayer...both sides want to win and one side will get the W and other will take the L and when the counselor gets the W the sore loser Jason player will whine and conplain about counselor nerfs when they couldn’t catch them. People have GOT to stop making a big deal about it. You will have those counselors who are just better at surviving than you are at killing. It is a video game. You win. You lose. You survive. You die. It’s not a big damn deal which one you get. I’m very good at surviving but when I die I don’t make a big deal about but then the Jason player will come on the mic acting like a superior being saying “All you could do was loop and you’re nothing but a pussy counselor”. Like...I’m Tiffany, did you expect me to fix something? When all you teammates are dead and you’re Tiffany there isn’t much you CAN do but loop. If you do wind up surviving the same thing happens so it is a lose-lose situation because of salty players whether then win or lose.

I also have no sympathy toward bullied Jason players. You get better by experiencing it. No reason to feel sympathy when they are new. They’ll get better with time unless they rage quit and uninstall the game.

Everybody knows my stance on DBD vs F13 so I won’t get into that but I honestly feel more tension with a chase on DBD because I know the killer can catch be easily while on F13 I cam simply jog then juke a shift grab. F13 is easy mode to me compared to DBD 😕

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Did Jason teleport in the movies?  HELL NO

He waited patiently and stalked his victims

TELEPORTING JASON IS BS

Did Jason shift in the movies?  HELL NO

This game is not based on the Jason in the movies...SO STOP DEMANDING THE GAME PLAY OUT LIKE THE MOVIES

If there was a movie based on THIS JASON GAME..the movie would last 20 minutes or less...unless the CHEATING OVERPOWERED SAVINI is used...then 10 minutes or much less

Every movie someone escapes...

CONCLUSION...

THIS JASON is OVERPOWERED ALREADY...so stop bitchn and whining...Yeah you Jason's GF

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

They need to do something more with fear. Granted, using Jenny with a no fear build is like it should be. But, using Chad with that same no fear build you can go toe to toe with no damage taken and keep a bright screen with good stam regeneration. That should not happen, his fear should continue to build if he stays close. Unless he constantly hits Jason to diminish his fear, thus gaining stamina and conquering his fear. Even Jenny with a no fear build should have to land hits to keep from getting terrified if she stays too close, use the fear mechanics more. And give Jason a wider range on one of his attacks, personal preference would be the heavy attack. Maybe make the overhead attack, or the underhanded lunge with the spear the quicker light attack. And the sidearm would be a heavy attack that can hit in a 180 degree arc in front of Jason? And lastly, please assign a block function to a regular button. And Jason would be monstrous again, groups would have to be on constant attack. Where he can block quickly, or use his sweeping power attack to hurt them. Chad would have to be on constant attack to keep his mini map and see his stamina. I think that could help without too much work, the hardest part would be assigning block and changing the attack range and damage. Just amplify the fear mechanics while in a 15' radius of Jason. You have to score hits to increase stamina regeneration to normal levels, and gain 20% back to stamina and fear.

• Thanks 1

I think that eventually, enhancing the effect of fear on counselors can be effective.

Let's say that a counselor witnessing another counselor taking damage/failing an action against Jason/losing stamina affects the other counselors in an area around him.

We can have the fear blinding more the counselors with the blurred camera effect and or a decrease in Luck for the counselors that leads their weapons to break more easily/ or having them stumble more often when they try to hit and run Jason.

That could be interesting to balance more the game with this kind of "unluck" factor.

EDIT:

Maybe adding more perks to Jason, like for the counselors, can be interesting as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Jump to 2:03. Pretty sure this means I'm at least twice the F13 you are. You should be ashamed of yourself for not remembering one of the most pivotal scenes in the franchise. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On September 20, 2018 at 3:34 PM, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Actually, when you think about it, IRL, if a group of people were attacked by a serial killer, they would all stick together, gang up on him and use him as a pinata. Let's be honest.

There's even some precedent for that in the F13 universe. Once they realize what's going on, the people on the ship in Part 8 gather up whatever weapons they can find and form a hunting party.

Jason does need a little tweeking, and there have been many good ideas here. Like @Redrum138 pointed out , fear should be a bigger factor. Jason's melee / grab should be a bit wider and a stun immunity period between stuns would be nice. Jason should also be able to block out of combat stance! And as far as I know, these changes would not be considered new content. As Wes pointed out, they can work on balance issues. Little tweeks can go a long way, and even with these minor changes killing/trolling Jason is still a viable possibility.

But... Usually if you get bullied, it also has to do with your own mindset. In my case last night, I just had an "easy" round as Jason, it was 5am and I had just drank my last beer... I was a bit sloppy and careless while underestimating my opponents.. Well, I deserved it...

Don't get me wrong, I have had my share of good games and bad, regardless of my mindset. I've just learned not to stress too much while playing Jason. 

Still, Jason should get a little buff. You shouldn't get anything for free, thats true, for both sides!

• Like 2

Simple mechanic:

DISTRIBUTED DAMAGES, if Jason is hit during a grab, the damage is distributed between his victim and him (meatshield). That goes either ways.

On 9/21/2018 at 4:00 PM, JennyMyers1984 said:

It’s multiplayer...both sides want to win and one side will get the W and other will take the L and when the counselor gets the W the sore loser Jason player will whine and conplain about counselor nerfs when they couldn’t catch them. People have GOT to stop making a big deal about it. You will have those counselors who are just better at surviving than you are at killing. It is a video game. You win. You lose. You survive. You die. It’s not a big damn deal which one you get. I’m very good at surviving but when I die I don’t make a big deal about but then the Jason player will come on the mic acting like a superior being saying “All you could do was loop and you’re nothing but a pussy counselor”. Like...I’m Tiffany, did you expect me to fix something? When all you teammates are dead and you’re Tiffany there isn’t much you CAN do but loop. If you do wind up surviving the same thing happens so it is a lose-lose situation because of salty players whether then win or lose.😕

You're money, but to be fair to Jason as well, you get the whining too from counselors, largely quick kills and slashing.  As you say, Mutli-player, whining comes with the territory :rolleyes: lol.

This forum is divided by two conflicting game belief:  1) Jason needs to be so OP that skill, combat, and game knowledge is less of a factor against better counselors (which protects bad Jasons from bullying) or  2) Balance Jason and counselors, where considering all players are equal, it would have on average have a fair outcome, such as typically 5/7-8 Kill count and Killing Jason can happen 1/10 games.  Currently the game isn't quite ether, but I'd say it's closer to what you and I prefer, which is upsetting the "Jason needs to be TOO OP" camp.  I argue if the Jason was TOO OP (to an extent to prevent bullying any Jason) and his player was actually good, that would ruin the balance at all degrees of play, novice and skilled alike, making the outcomes too repetitive, less skill driven, less rewarding, and overall less fun of a game for all parties.

On 9/21/2018 at 5:27 PM, Purience said:

This game is not based on the Jason in the movies...SO STOP DEMANDING THE GAME PLAY OUT LIKE THE MOVIES

While I would say it is based on the movies from the theming, music, and aesthetics, I get what you saying.  It's a video game, and from a design point of view, its better to attempt to make mechanics that are fun, interesting, and serves the overall game-play over making something entirely accurate or deviates very little from reality.

18 hours ago, Bonker2468 said:

There's even some precedent for that in the F13 universe. Once they realize what's going on, the people on the ship in Part 8 gather up whatever weapons they can find and form a hunting party.

Describes veteran players pretty well.  After playing for awhile, the whole weight of being killed loses it's meaning, players will start doing all kinds of risks or recklessness, such as fighting for the sake of fighting.  After many deaths from trial and error, most players should start to differentiate good Jasons from bad ones, which leads them into bullying the bad.

12 hours ago, lasse_hei said:

And as far as I know, these changes would not be considered new content. As Wes pointed out, they can work on balance issues.

That where I'm at right now.  I accepted the game is what it is for the most part and many suggestions here would require additional development, something that Gun/Illfonics has since largely moved on from.  I'm done with making suggestions to the devs and anything I post regarding gameplay going forward will be how to deal and play this game how it is.

8 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

This forum is divided by two conflicting game belief:  1) Jason needs to be so OP that skill, combat, and game knowledge is less of a factor against better counselors (which protects bad Jasons from bullying) or  2) Balance Jason and counselors, where considering all players are equal,

I'm in the middle like a lot of players.

While I would say it is based on the movies from the theming, music, and aesthetics, I get what you saying.  It's a video game, and from a design point of view, its better to attempt to make mechanics that are fun, interesting, and serves the overall game-play over making something entirely accurate or deviates very little from reality.

There are few video games in existence that follow a movie move for move. Some things don't translate well from one form to the next.

After many deaths from trial and error, most players should start to differentiate good Jasons from bad ones, which leads them into bullying the bad.

I have a strategy for good Jasons, average Jasons and bad Jasons. No bullying or trolling is included in my bag of tricks.

I'm done with making suggestions to the devs and anything I post regarding gameplay going forward will be how to deal and play this game how it is.

I've accepted the state of the game as it stands. Any balance changes that do come, I'll adapt and prepare as I always have.

At the end of the day, no matter what changes come to this game, there will likely be a small part of the player base that will always try and bully Jason. I have a standard policy in Quick Play depending on what kind of Jason you are:

If you are a really horrible Jason, I'm not gonna kill you. You have enough to worry about, and killing you is as insulting to me as it is to you.

If you are an average Jason, I may or may not kill you, depending on my mood.

If you are a good Jason, I'll stun you once to save somebody, then keep it moving.

If you are a great Jason, you'll have to work for your kill with me.

If you are a dick or a bully as a counselor and get to be Jason, I'll put you down regardless of your skill.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

This forum is divided by two conflicting game belief:  1) Jason needs to be so OP that skill, combat, and game knowledge is less of a factor against better counselors (which protects bad Jasons from bullying) or  2) Balance Jason and counselors, where considering all players are equal, it would have on average have a fair outcome,

Thats not how the forum is divided..  And  I doubt you even know what fair is.  Besides if this how you want to play it.  Il introduce 3

3)  Jason should have away of defending himself against aggressive counselors and stunning should be limited. Combat should be in Jasons favor and not the counselors.

For myself, if i have the med perks on, a pocket knife and at least ONE other 'good' counselor watching my back.  Jason is going to get a beat down.  He can't grab me..  If slashes at me, i can easily hit him back, stun him and heal.   More counselors that join in, the longer it lasts.  ( And this includes you, if you where Jason, you're getting a beat down)

On xbox live.  In the F13th club, theres TONS of videos showcasing exactly what i just posted.   Counselors with multiple med sprays, pocket knives, swarming Jason and beating Jason silly while dancing and T bagging  (While Jason is trying to protect and objective)

At this point..  

Its.... Jason needs to take his lumps, use his body as a meat shield to protect said objectives and hope the melee weapons break sooner than later.  And chip away counselors health while trying to land a quick choke/head punch.

The only thing that changes is A GOOD Jason will eventually get kills while the bad Jasons won't.     

People like me simply want to cut out the Bullshit. And the bullshit is very clear.

Being able to hit Jason with a melee weapons regardless if Jason hits you 1st  .  Melee attacks form Jason against counselors should be an instant disarm.  Thats fair and balanced.

Block needs to actually work..    And it should work from all angles.   

Its really as simple as that.

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Thats not how the forum is divided..  And  I doubt you even know what fair is.  Besides if this how you want to play it.  Il introduce 3

3)  Jason should have away of defending himself against aggressive counselors and stunning should be limited. Combat should be in Jasons favor and not the counselors.

For myself, if i have the med perks on, a pocket knife and at least ONE other 'good' counselor watching my back.  Jason is going to get a beat down.  He can't grab me..  If slashes at me, i can easily hit him back, stun him and heal.   More counselors that join in, the longer it lasts.  ( And this includes you, if you where Jason, you're getting beat down)

On xbox live.  In the F13th club, theres TONS of videos showcasing exactly what i just posted.   Counselors with multiple med sprays, pocket knives, swarming Jason and beating Jason silly while dancing and TR bagging  (While Jason is trying to protect and objective)

At this point..  

Its.... Jason needs to take his lumps, use his body as a meat shield to protect said objectives and hope the melee weapons break sooner than later.  And chip away counselors health while trying to land a quick choke/head punch.

The only thing that changes is A GOOD Jason will eventually get kills while the bad Jasons won't.     

People like me simply want cut out the Bullshit. And the bullshit is very clear.

Being able to hit Jason with a melee weapons regardless if Jason hits you 1st  .  Melee attacks form Jason against counselors should be an instant disarm.  Thats fair and balanced.

Block needs to actually work..    And it should work from all angles.   

Its really as simple as that.

Yes Jason needs something to help him deal with group combat but it should also be skill based. There is a reason that Level 5 Jason players won’t be able to really trade shots with experienced counselors. Same goes vice versa with an experienced Jason and a newbie counselor. Even if Jason DID get buffed to deal with group combats, lower level Jason players will still get bullied by Vanessa and Chad easily. Skill in combat is going to come into play regardless of any kind of buffs you give to Jason unless you completely make combat null and void for counselors. 

So are you trying to say bad Jason players deserve a kill? If they are new, they’ll learn. If they are just simply bad then they will be outplayed easily, they don’t deserve a kill if they are bad.

All is fair in 1V1 combat...Jason doesn’t even HAVE to swing on a counselor when he can block and grab right afterward. It is an easy way to avoid get stunned by a counselor waiting to pop you on the other side of the wall/door. I have never been stunned from the front while blocking...ever.

Jason needs a slight buff in group combat as we’ve stated a billion times, we just don’t have the same mindset on how to buff him 😕

1 minute ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

So are you trying to say bad Jason players deserve a kill?😕

If thats what i ways saying..  I would have said it.   

I don't think i could have broken things down easier than i have.  Im looking at cause and effect and how to fix it.

9 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

All is fair in 1V1 combat.😕

Im not talking about 1 vs 1.    Im talking about grouping up on Jason.   If the game is balanced around 1 vs 1..  Then 7 vs 1 becomes horribly unbalanced.    So this why people are complaining, and rightfully so.  (Not saying it always ends up with 7 vs 1, im saying the more counselors the more beat downs that happen)

As of right now. 

If Jason misses a grab hes open to a hit. (Which im OK with)

If Jason lands a grab hes open for a hit from a another counselor.  (Which im OK with)

If Jason lands a melee attack hes open for a hit from a counselor that he just hit  (Thats my problem right there)    This is where the constant stunning and group beat downs start to happen.     It also looks completely idiotic from a visual stand point.

Because at that point.. Jason needs to get lucky with a grab and hope the counselors miss a melee attack to help free them.  If he melee attacks he gets stunned.  The more counselors the more stunning.  There needs to a be a FAIR way to look at this.   So like i keep saying.

If Jason lands the melee attack 1st.. It should instantly disarm that counselor.  This is fair and balanced, counselors need to simply hit Jason 1st.  OR RUN!

Jason needs an actual block that works, from all angles at all time.  Jason in block is slow, so if Jason goes into block.. the simple counter is RUN

On 9/16/2018 at 2:32 PM, Vassago said:

I know the developerd can't add additional content not so much as a tree, but i'm really hoping they can do something about groups or scratch that, entire lobbies attempting to kill me. It is the most demoralising and un fun thing that i've had to deal with; even moreso, than these dedicated server issues.

I've just had a game and honestly inside i'm raging but, yes i've had a game and pretty much from the word go, they we're hunting me and it sucks. Does Jason want to run away of course not, but the instinct to survive is there, for EVERYONE. Anyway it sucks, 7 counselors all in a group dancing outside packanack lodge, waiting for poor old lil jason to show himself. There must be a way to challenge this kind of behaviour in the game.

Dev's please do something, i have 2 ideas a mix up of them could help...one jason's damage output and a reduction based on how many counselors are within a certain range of him and two at the very least make it so counselors can't enter his shack until at least i don't know 4 of them have died. It's just too damn easy for a group of 7 to kick his ass!

Oh hey, welcome to F13 as envisioned by the fanbase of DbD. 

See, when the game started, Jason had a huge reach with his grabs, he had huge reach with his weapon, and if he was stunned, he had about 5 seconds where he wouldn't be able to be stunned again after he recovered. oh yes, and there was friendly fire, meaning counselors in groups swinging at jason were just as likely to kill eachother.

It was terrifying and Jason was to be feared.

But no worries! With the complaints of both people fresh off of DBD and the people going into F13 not knowing the game is about the Jason player slaughtering 7 people who had to work together to survive at all, the game was nerfed accordingly!
-Enjoy plenty of damage reducing perks on the counselors so they take longer to limp and even longer to die unless Jason grabs them!!
-Enjoy the plethora of pocket knives so even IF Jason grabs you, you'll get free!
-Enjoy not having to worry about Jason stacking 2-3-7 beartraps at the phone so you can just step in one and use one of your 6 med sprays to patch yourself up!
-Enjoy watching as Jason can swing an ax and hit a counselor, who hardly flinches, before he's pelted in the face with a baseball bat and put out of commission for the next 10 seconds!
-Enjoy as an experienced Jason Player runs away from counselor groups, knowing full well he's no match for them and will simply get killed because the game is stacked so heavily against them!
-Enjoy not wanting to even bother coming out of your shack if you spawn as Jason!

WELCOME TO F13 THE GAME!

60345275de721fb3595c99499398e632.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/23/2018 at 5:28 PM, HuDawg said:

If thats what i ways saying..  I would have said it.   

I don't think i could have broken things down easier than i have.  Im looking at cause and effect and how to fix it.

Im not talking about 1 vs 1.    Im talking about grouping up on Jason.   If the game is balanced around 1 vs 1..  Then 7 vs 1 becomes horribly unbalanced.    So this why people are complaining, and rightfully so.  (Not saying it always ends up with 7 vs 1, im saying the more counselors the more beat downs that happen)

As of right now. 

If Jason misses a grab hes open to a hit. (Which im OK with)

If Jason lands a grab hes open for a hit from a another counselor.  (Which im OK with)

If Jason lands a melee attack hes open for a hit from a counselor that he just hit  (Thats my problem right there)    This is where the constant stunning and group beat downs start to happen.     It also looks completely idiotic from a visual stand point.

Because at that point.. Jason needs to get lucky with a grab and hope the counselors miss a melee attack to help free them.  If he melee attacks he gets stunned.  The more counselors the more stunning.  There needs to a be a FAIR way to look at this.   So like i keep saying.

If Jason lands the melee attack 1st.. It should instantly disarm that counselor.  This is fair and balanced, counselors need to simply hit Jason 1st.  OR RUN!

Jason needs an actual block that works, from all angles at all time.  Jason in block is slow, so if Jason goes into block.. the simple counter is RUN

Well you see...that’s where we had a misunderstanding. I DO agree that the counselors should have a longer recoil when hit with a melee attack from Jason. If they are in combat stance they simply eat the shot and stun Jason. 

I hate bringing this up (I really do, trust me) but the only thing I can compare what I’m trying to say to is DBD. When the killer hits a survivor and they get hit farther away from the killer and they hold their side in pain. That’s what I believe should happen when Jason hits a counselor, however they would only hold their arm for a few seconds before shaking off the pain unless they get critically injured. 

Not EVERY weapon will be a guarentee stun though. I’ve seen bats not stun 100% of the time anymore and a firepoker and branch will very rarely stun.

One of the only things I don’t agree with that you’ve brought up before is having the counselors drop their weapons after a melee git by Jason. 

Jason is actually faster than the counselor when they are both in combat mode believe it or not.

However I don’t see very many 7V1 occurrences. I’ve never had ALL 7 group up on me simply because they all spawn in diffetent locations and all 7 probably aren’t going to go to one spot determined to beat up on Jason. I see it mostly when the police spawn.

On 9/23/2018 at 6:03 PM, Daneasaur said:

Oh hey, welcome to F13 as envisioned by the fanbase of DbD. 

See, when the game started, Jason had a huge reach with his grabs, he had huge reach with his weapon, and if he was stunned, he had about 5 seconds where he wouldn't be able to be stunned again after he recovered. oh yes, and there was friendly fire, meaning counselors in groups swinging at jason were just as likely to kill eachother.

It was terrifying and Jason was to be feared.

But no worries! With the complaints of both people fresh off of DBD and the people going into F13 not knowing the game is about the Jason player slaughtering 7 people who had to work together to survive at all, the game was nerfed accordingly!
-Enjoy plenty of damage reducing perks on the counselors so they take longer to limp and even longer to die unless Jason grabs them!!
-Enjoy the plethora of pocket knives so even IF Jason grabs you, you'll get free!
-Enjoy not having to worry about Jason stacking 2-3-7 beartraps at the phone so you can just step in one and use one of your 6 med sprays to patch yourself up!
-Enjoy watching as Jason can swing an ax and hit a counselor, who hardly flinches, before he's pelted in the face with a baseball bat and put out of commission for the next 10 seconds!
-Enjoy as an experienced Jason Player runs away from counselor groups, knowing full well he's no match for them and will simply get killed because the game is stacked so heavily against them!
-Enjoy not wanting to even bother coming out of your shack if you spawn as Jason!

WELCOME TO F13 THE GAME!

60345275de721fb3595c99499398e632.jpg

Yeah because we really wanted Buggzy to slaughter you with a machete...right. Everybody was new and that was the only reason to have fear. You feared Buggzy with a machete more than Jason himself

21 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

One of the only things I don’t agree with that you’ve brought up before is having the counselors drop their weapons after a melee git by Jason. 

Why?... Simply don't attack Jason unless you can.  Unless you enjoy beating Jason silly, theres no vaild counter arguement to what im suggesting. Getting hit and disarmed still allows you to run away and heal. It still allows help from other counselors

Jason is actually faster than the counselor when they are both in combat mode believe it or not

Counselors are faster in general. This is why myself and most players only use CS for a quick hit against Jason unless other counselors have my back OR i have med sprays and PKs.  Which brings me back to TRADING hits with Jason.

However I don’t see very many 7V1 occurrences

Well like I said..

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

If the game is balanced around 1 vs 1..  Then 7 vs 1 becomes horribly unbalanced.    So this why people are complaining, and rightfully so.  (Not saying it always ends up with 7 vs 1, im saying the more counselors the more beat downs that happen)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Why?... Simply don't attack Jason unless you can.  Unless you enjoy beating Jason silly, theres no vaild counter arguement to what im suggesting. Getting hit and disarmed still allows you to run away and heal. It still allows help from other counselors

Counselors are faster in general. This is why myself and most players only use CS for a quick hit against Jason unless other counselors have my back OR i have med sprays and PKs.  Which brings me back to TRADING hits with Jason.

Well like I said..

The game isn’t balanced around 1V1. It is asymmetrical. The “1” is stronger than one single counselor and has the ability to kill them and take them out. It takes at the very least two counselors to kill Jason. You may be able to loop Jason for eternity if you are THAT good but you’ll never kill him by yourself.

Dropping weapons isn’t necessary and on top of you suggesting longer heal times it doesn’t make since to say “it gives you time to run away and heal” when Jason can simply shift grab you when you run away from the group. It just gives easy kills. Not to mention if it was 1V1 it would be imbalanced. Don’t remember exactly what he said but @GeneiJin made a valid argument against it.

If the game was based around “run and hide” and not “fight and combat” then stealth would actually be useful but it’s not. Combat is counselors go to because it is easier. I’d love for it to be a “run and hide” type game but with it being multiplayer and not a very good stealth mechanic it will always be combat first and stealth as a last resort when it should be he other way around.

1 hour ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Yeah because we really wanted Buggzy to slaughter you with a machete...right. Everybody was new and that was the only reason to have fear. You feared Buggzy with a machete more than Jason himself

I find it amusing that the only thing you took away from my comment was the friendly fire.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

I find it amusing that the only thing you took away from my comment was the friendly fire.

Well I was going to say something about the VERY long force grab Jason had at launch but I decided not to. Not saying the T-Rex arms in the October patch was okay but the grab at launch was too damn long. His grab now is fine lunge wise. It could use a wider cone and not have Jason as susceptible to a stun afterward.

There isn’t much to say about anything else except the “plethora of pocket knives” when only four spawn in a match. A lot better than NINE in the October patch if you ask me.

5 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Don’t remember exactly what he said but @GeneiJin made a valid argument against it.

Genjei didn't make any valid argument that i remember.    Just like you aren't right now.

Dropping weapons isn’t necessary and on top of you suggesting longer heal times it doesn’t make since to say “it gives you time to run away and heal” when Jason can simply shift grab you when you run away from the group.

This makes zero sense.. Jason can shift grab you regardless.    Shift grabbing counselors is never a given.

Longer heal times simply mean, you need to actually find a safe place to heal instead of RIGHT infront of Jason.    

Chasing the person running away from the group?  What if Jason is protecting an objective? Also the group can still HIT Jason.  You can still dodge shift grabs.   

One melee attack doesn't kill Counselors..  One melee attack doesn't even make them limp.

It just gives easy kills. Not to mention if it was 1V1 it would be imbalanced.

It doesn't give easy kills..  It just disarms you.

It also doesn't effect 1 vs 1 other than  TRADING SHOTS WITH JASON.  And you shouldn't be able to trade shots with Jason.    (Which you seem to think counselors should)

Being able to trade shots with Jason is the one of the biggest reasons Jason 'bullying' takes place. (Along with block being useless)    If it can be done in 1vs 1,  than the MORE counselors involved the more Jason has to spend time 'stunned'.   

Its one thing to punish Jason for missing a grab, which i think is fair.    Punishing Jason for actually landing a melee attack isn't fair.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Genjei didn't make any valid argument that i remember.    Just like you aren't right now.

This makes zero sense.. Jason can shift grab you regardless.    Shift grabbing counselors is never a given.

Longer heal times simply mean, you need to actually find a safe place to heal instead of RIGHT infront of Jason.    

Chasing the person running away from the group?  What if Jason is protecting an objective? Also the group can still HIT Jason.  You can still dodge shift grabs.   

One melee attack doesn't kill Counselors..  One melee attack doesn't even make them limp.

It also doesn't effect 1 vs 1 other than  TRADING SHOTS WITH JASON.  And you shouldn't be able to trade shots with Jason.    (Which you seem to think counselors should)

Being able to trade shots with Jason is the one of the biggest reasons Jason 'bullying' takes place. (Along with block being useless)    If it can done in 1vs 1,  than the MORE counselors involved the more Jason has to spend time 'stunned'.   

Its one thing to punish Jason for missing a grab, which i think is fair.    Punishing Jason for actually landing a melee attack isn't fair.

Stop acting like your ideas are THE way to go and your making vaild points and nobody else is...you’re so damn opinionated.

Disarming counselors isn’t the way period. Adding a stun resistance and a longer recoil for the counselor with them jumping back from the swing is the way to go. You don’t need to disarm them, it’s OP as fuck. Agree or not, I don’t care.

It never came from me that counselor should be able to “trade shots with Jason” but a counselor who knows what their doing will put a beating on Jason regardless of any kind of buffs you put on. High levels will beat low levels period.

Don’t forget Jason got his ass handed to him at the end of every film. The game is designed to have at the very least 1 counselor left.

Not like the devs are going to implement any changes anyways

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Disarming counselors isn’t the way period. 

I disagree..   It stops being able trade shots.  Trading shots is one the reason its so easy to beat on Jason

You don’t need to disarm them, it’s OP as fuck

Its not OP.   And you DON'T need to be able too trade shots.  So why are you so against it?

a counselor who knows what their doing will put a beating on Jason regardless of any kind of buffs you put on. 

AAAAAAAAAnd, the more there are, the longer the beating.  Being able to trade shots just makes it easier.

Don’t forget Jason got his ass handed to him at the end of every film. 

Which movie had counselors getting hit by Jason with axes to the the body, while they took it and still knocked Jason on his ass.   Where all the counselors gathered round and took turns?   

Its not like anything I posted makes it impossible to fight back.  You're just being over dramatic about.  You see it as OP. I see it as a small/fair fix.

Not like the devs are going to implement any changes anyways

We'll see about that..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Thats not how the forum is divided..  And  I doubt you even know what fair is. 

We have very different idea of what "fair" is.  My 2 divides are very generalized, most of us will fall somewhere between it, preferring one side over that other.

6 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Actually it does.  The game interaction between counselor vs Jason was meant for Jason to pressure until the counselor is forced into attempting a hit for the stun+stamina.  If Jason gets the 1st slash (very easy since he isn't the one who needs to commit) and disarms as you wanted, the counselor is now completely free.  No weapon, no stamina.  If the game implemented your suggestion, my entire Jason game will focus around putting counselor into this position, and given how I play currently, I can tell you it will be extremely easy, especially on counselors that are not Vanessa or Bugzy.  Even yourself, actually playing that type of game for a while, will get frustrated and find it un-fun to play counselor, unless you are the type that only prioritizes Jason and don't give a shit about your counselor play.  Your suggestion of disarm seams to be mean-spirited, as if it's payback for all this time counselors been bullying Jason, "How does it feel Now Bitches!" kinda attitude.

My suggestion was to simply add "pushback" when counselor is hit by Jason, as it would address your complain, counselors being forced out of range to stun Jason while trading hits, while also preventing counselors from being slashed repeatedly, a common counselor complaint.  My question to you, does my suggestion seam fair, or is it that you dislike it because it still gives the counselors the opportunity to still combat Jason, which you seem to be openly against?

13 hours ago, HuDawg said:

( And this includes you, if you where Jason, you're getting a beat down)

My challenge invitation is still open, you find yourself on PC, lets play.  I'll let you know though, my greatest strength as a Jason is my combat capabilities and strategies (it's defiantly not my shift-grab) lol .  For example, last night I was playing in a full PM lobby with a long time buddies of this game, players which we've gone on and bullied and killed many many Jasons.   It goes without saying most of them are well past lvl 150 and very good.  While the four-seater did get out on one game, good for them :), anytime anyone tries to stand their ground against me dies, groups or single backup, doesn't matter.  Our last game, contained the map, and methodically and flawlessly earned a 7/7.   Since I make landing stuns quite hard, they don't try to fight me anymore, unless they have to. 

If you force counselors into respecting your Jason, convince them that bullying for 20 mins isn't viable win strategy, they will begin to look to other win conditions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/21/2018 at 5:41 PM, NytmereZ said:

Huh? Trish knocked off the mask, then dropped the machete as she panicked when she saw his face. Jason was focused on her as Tommy hopped off the steps, grabbed the weapon and hit when Jason turned to face him. That's the way it went down. I outta know, I've seen that movie over a hundred times now. Even made a music video featuring that scene.

• Haha 1