6 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I disagree. I think it'd go down quite a bit when counselors realized Jason's no longer something for them to smack around like a baseball. All the Devs would have to do is:

1) Drop his stun rate low enough that stunning him in a single hit becomes much less common. 

2) Increase his stun-immunity window long enough that after he gets back on his feet, it'll be several seconds until he can be stunned again. To put "several seconds" in context, lets say Jason stops the car and drags the driver out. One of the other counselors whacks him, he gets stunned, the driver gets back in, begins restarting the car, and is grabbed again. That counselor is just flat-out going to die because the increased stun immunity would still be in effect, preventing counselors from stunning him over and over again in a very short amount of time.

3) As others have said, it should become very difficult to stun Jason once Rage activates. Personally,  I'm fine with counselors getting a free stun if Jason rages through the door and is hit immediately (that's kinda what happens to people who barge on in without thinking about who/what's on the other side) but that aside, counselors should have to put in work to stun him when Rage is active. 

When bullies see that their weapons are breaking at a much higher rate than they're stunning Jason, and that even when they do stun him he casually gets back up and gets several attacks in before they're able to do it again, the bullying will stop.  Dancing retards will think twice about trying to bait Jason once they realize that even if they do manage to hit him when he misses a grab or melee attack, chances are it will have little effect.

Have taken into consideration what will happen on session without so called bullies if all those changes would be online? It would ruin the fun.
Things as they are are not that bad. Some small adjustment can be made but any big impact can be risky... Imho the only big change should be the difficulty to demask Jason which don't affect any other side of the game. 
(Sorry for my not perfect english).

Actually, when you think about it, IRL, if a group of people were attacked by a serial killer, they would all stick together, gang up on him and use him as a pinata. Let's be honest.

On 9/20/2018 at 2:35 PM, BillyBallo said:

Have taken into consideration what will happen on session without so called bullies if all those changes would be online? It would ruin the fun.
Things as they are are not that bad. Some small adjustment can be made but any big impact can be risky... Imho the only big change should be the difficulty to demask Jason which don't affect any other side of the game. 
(Sorry for my not perfect english).

How exactly would it ruin the fun? Because counselors don't get to be toxic assholes to Jason anymore? Because Speedo Chads find themselves doing more dying than dancing? Because Jason is back to being a credible threat? If thats your idea of 'fun' then I'm glad it's ruined.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Actually, when you think about it, IRL, if a group of people were attacked by a serial killer, they would all stick together, gang up on him and use him as a pinata. Let's be honest.

IRL they'd run like hell and call the cops, not stand there taunting said killer. Too bad that aspect of the game was removed.

1 hour ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

That might hold true in some cases, but not all.

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

IRL they'd run like hell and call the cops, not stand there taunting said killer. Too bad that aspect of the game was removed.

A few people might taunt, as some people lack common sense in this day and age.

People today are a mixed bag of nuts. If a real life group was attacked by a serial killer, one of many things may happen:

1. A group of people doesn't want to die. They do the logical thing and run away. Someone will call the cops.

2. A group of people decides to  not run from a fight. They band together and beat down the killer for bragging rights as well as piece of mind. They know what they are doing and are successful. At least one person takes a selfie with the killer.

3. People are concerned about their safety and others. They subdue the killer, hopefully without any of their group getting harmed. They don't taunt or mistreat the killer while he's restrained. Someone calls the cops.

4. A group of people has mixed feelings about the situation. Someone pulls out their phone to call the cops. Someone else is standing back to film the killer on their phone to upload online. A couple of the group decide to approach with the intention of stopping the killer. At least one person is gonna run and leave everyone else for dead.

5. A group who doesn't know what they are doing attempts to take down the serial killer. They fail miserably and get picked off one by one.

There's only one thing about this game that holds true. No matter what changes you implement, a troll will adapt and find a way to ruin things for others. It is impossible to make all players happy in this game. Change the balance of power on one side, and the other side will complain. Reverse the flow of power, and the first side will be upset. You just can't win. Outside of finding like-minded players, there's not much else you can do.

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

People today are a mixed bag of nuts. If a real life group was attacked by a serial killer, one of many things may happen:

2. A group of people decides to  not run from a fight. They band together and beat down the killer for bragging rights as well as piece of mind. They know what they are doing and are successful. At least one person takes a selfie with the killer.

4. A group of people has mixed feelings about the situation. Someone pulls out their phone to call the cops. Someone else is standing back to film the killer on their phone to upload online. A couple of the group decide to approach with the intention of stopping the killer. At least one person is gonna run and leave everyone else for dead.

FLOL. These two right here. I just got a visual of my friends running to the nearest tree and whipping out their phones to live stream.

So had a guy use another exploit spot on some rocks next to the north camp fire on crystal lake small. I didn’t manage to kill him but I found a way to get to hurt near the end of the match, it invoked throwing knives. Does anyone else have suggestions on how to deal with this behavior

32 minutes ago, The_Gray_Ghost_ said:

So had a guy use another exploit spot on some rocks next to the north camp fire on crystal lake small. I didn’t manage to kill him but I found a way to get to hurt near the end of the match, it invoked throwing knives. Does anyone else have suggestions on how to deal with this behavior

That reminds me of a clip I have of a Chad clearly and obviously using a hack of some sort. I don't want to hijack the thread so I'll just make a new one about it. I already reported it to JasonKillsBugs so hopefully someone is going to do something about it.

5 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Let's be really honest... in real life, people are not as tough as they talk. People are dumb panicky animals when a real threat presents itself.
    I've been attacked by five people that talked tough twice in my life. The first time, it was people that I actually knew and I even thought were tougher than me... until the fight started. The second time... I didn't know them at all, but they were pretty full of themselves too. Win or lose, live or die... I don't have the option of running away myself due to injuries, but I am still as strong a frickin' Ox. But still, every time multiple people have attacked me... which has happened more than twice, but with less than five people on other occasions... I thought I was fucked... but as I said, I cannot run due to injuries.
    But I can truthfully say, from real life experience... after you knock one or two of them out... the others run away... pretty damned fast... without the threat of death being present. Can you imagine how much faster they would run away if one of their numbers was butchered in front of them? They sure run pretty fast when their "friends" are knocked out without the threat of death.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

That reminds me of a clip I have of a Chad clearly and obviously using a hack of some sort. I don't want to hijack the thread so I'll just make a new one about it. I already reported it to JasonKillsBugs so hopefully someone is going to do something about it.

How do I report for PS4 I got a clip but i don’t know how to report it

2 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

FLOL. These two right here. I just got a visual of my friends running to the nearest tree and whipping out their phones to live stream.

We live in good times don't we? 😎

On 9/19/2018 at 9:22 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

But a 90-pound soaking-wet girl, in as little as two attacks with a machete, can remove his mask and thus directly lead to his death... How do you NOT see the problem with this? 

Eh, Trish did it with one machete blow in the 4th film. Seems pretty fair to me, it's just a mask with a couple straps on his head, not an impenetrable force field wrapped around his face.

Double post

Edited by Pazuzu
Double post

But a 90-pound soaking-wet girl, in as little as two attacks with a machete, can remove his mask and thus directly lead to his death... How do you NOT see the problem?

Assuming you aren’t talking about Fox, you do know that it takes about 4-5 machete swings for the girls to knock off the mask right? It is a small strap, not a steel metal piece. After taking damage it will become weak over time. It will break and Trish knocked it off in ONE swing in the fourth movie. 

Jason shouldn’t be able to tank 10 shots without losing the mask realistically but for gameplay purposes he should be granted a bigger HP pool to work with. Just saying that having Tiffany and Jenny knock off the mask in about four shots is not unrealistic.

8 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

How exactly would it ruin the fun? Because counselors don't get to be toxic assholes to Jason anymore? Because Speedo Chads find themselves doing more dying than dancing? Because Jason is back to being a credible threat If that your idea of 'fun' then I'm glad it's ruined.

In the cases people play normally, if Jason during rage is that powerful and weapons break soon the game would be worse than now. 

3 hours ago, BillyBallo said:

In the cases people play normally, if Jason during rage is that powerful and weapons break soon the game would be worse than now. 

The councilors are op. Jason should be the one that is op. It's that simple. Jason should be able to handle seven other players. Right now he can't. That is a problem. You shouldn't want to have encounters with Jason. You shouldn't be running towards Jason instead of away from him. Killing Jason shouldn't be the primary way to win. Escaping should. We are not anti-councilor. We just want Jason to pose a proper threat. Right now he isn't. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

The councilors are op. Jason should be the one that is op. It's that simple. Jason should be able to handle seven other players. Right now he can't. That is a problem. You shouldn't want to have encounters with Jason. You shouldn't be running towards Jason instead of away from him. Killing Jason shouldn't be the primary way to win. Escaping should. We are not anti-councilor. We just want Jason to pose a proper threat. Right now he isn't. 

I agree that in some cases Jason is not a proper threat. For example the new grab is exposing him to stuns too easily especially for beginners. But I don't think that increasing even more his powers during rage or making weapons useless (machete and sticks already are... stun chances are riciculous even with sucker punch) can be on any benefits. 
Bringing back old grab (or not exposing Jason during the actual one) for me is a welcome change, improving combat stance (making more fluid the passage from block to attack) is a welcome change. But with some of the proposal I read here, you basically are not giving any chance to counselors for the last 10 minutes of the game. 

P.S. I don't think Jason is not a real threat. I get 8/8 almost all the time. The problem is when you find skilled and organized counselors, or on private matches. But if you have to make changes you have to look at the whole game, not just some cases.

2 hours ago, BillyBallo said:

But with some of the proposal I read here, you basically are not giving any chance to counselors for the last 10 minutes of the game. 

Its more of a 'not giving counselors a chance to easily stun Jason consistently'.

My biggest issue is counselors being able to trade shots with Jason, stuns and heals.  Its a game play loop that makes no sense and should be altered.

Jason melee hits counselor, counselor instantly hits back and Jason is stunned.   Counselor now heals, and then waits to to do it again.    Add a few more counselors to this and Jason is has two options.  Run away or take the beating.  

Run way or take the beating is NOT how this game should be.    

Jason melee attacks should disarm counselors.

Healing should take as long as a Jason stun.   Extend the healing animation. 

Jason Block should actually work.. from all angles at all times.

Those 3 things alone would fix the Jason bullying problem.

2 hours ago, BillyBallo said:

I agree that in some cases Jason is not a proper threat. For example the new grab is exposing him to stuns too easily especially for beginners. But I don't think that increasing even more his powers during rage or making weapons useless (machete and sticks already are... stun chances are riciculous even with sucker punch) can be on any benefits. 
Bringing back old grab (or not exposing Jason during the actual one) for me is a welcome change, improving combat stance (making more fluid the passage from block to attack) is a welcome change. But with some of the proposal I read here, you basically are not giving any chance to counselors for the last 10 minutes of the game. 

P.S. I don't think Jason is not a real threat. I get 8/8 almost all the time. The problem is when you find skilled and organized counselors, or on private matches. But if you have to make changes you have to look at the whole game, not just some cases.

I think the current grab animation is fine the way it is. I don't think a Jason should get infinite grab chances without any consequences if he makes a mistake. The solution is to simply grab when you're absolutely sure you're gonna get the counselor and not just spam grab like we saw with the previous grab. I know it's annoying for new players but they do actually seem to learn this fairly quickly.

They only need to make the hitbox bigger since grabbing and your arm going straight through the counselor is absolute bs. 

If they do bring back the old grab, they should also bring back swing cancelling for both counselors and Jason.

8 hours ago, BillyBallo said:

Quick play 8/8 isn't really relevant when the trolls are working against everyone else. I thought I was doing well until I realized that players love hoarding Items from the others. Jason is killed way too much. If seven other players decide they want Jason dead he's dead. Jason has no tools to take on a mob. I don't think a counselor nerf is needed. But Jason isn't a threat to anyone who has some time in the game. His grab is too slow. The slash can be instantly countered. There is no way to speed up the Jason's slash. But you can speed up the councilors attack. All of the counselor's weapons land a stun more often than their stats suggest. Jason can't break a window until a councilor is through it because his slash is too low. If you're facing seven to one odds you need the tools to handle seven to one odds. 

My personal suggestion is to make windows breakable while the councilors are crawling through them. Increase Jason's stun resistance or create a cooldown for when he can be stunned again. Revert to old grab or speed up the current grab's animation. If you were quick you could use old grab against a group. Now you don't even bother. Increase the range and width of Jason's slash so that it's more dangerous to multiple councilors. Adjust weapon stun values to their actual stats And lastly increase Jason's hit points so that removing his mask is a challenge once again. 

If these changes were implemented Jason would be more then a threat for seven well armed councilors trying to kill him. And you wouldn't need a councilor nerf.

Speaking of beatings, does anyone else find it hilarious that Jason can still hit counselors through the door but they can't hit him? If you're ever chasing a counselor into a cabin and they shut the door before you can grab them, if you immediately attack the door theres a good chance you'll score a free hit (hopefully that free hit injures them to the point of limping).

Edit: ANS is right, there's no need for a counselor nerf, and honestly, Jason doesn't need that big of a buff. It just needs to be enough to balance the field a little more because (and follow me on this one):

There is absolutely no excuse for the ease and frequency of counselor stuns.

Counselors never fall down. Counselors never get stunned (outside of stepping in traps). No matter how many times Jason hits a counselor, they are never rendered unable to move for several seconds. Jason can get pocketknife stunned, then stunned again immediately after regaining control (I've got video of me grabbing Tommy, getting knifed, then getting shotgunned as soon as the knife stun wore off).

Jason sorely needs a little more stun resistance than what he already has. As the game is now, whether it's the 1st stun or the 100th stun, it still takes him the same amount of time to recover. Why? Shouldn't it take LESS time as the stuns pile up (at least in Rage)?  

34 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Speaking of beatings, does anyone else find it hilarious that Jason can still hit counselors through the door but they can't hit him? If you're ever chasing a counselor into a cabin and they shut the door before you can grab them, if you immediately attack the door theres a good chance you'll score a free hit (hopefully that free hit injures them to the point of limping).

Not really. Being able to hit through the door is dumb for both sides.

On 9/18/2018 at 8:31 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I've started actively sabotaging kill-Jason attempts if the counselors are engaged in bullying Jason. Keep in mind there is a distinction between attacking Jason to remove his mask and bullying him (I.E. stunning him just to dance on him). If Jason's getting bullied, I'll go steal the sweater and get killed on purpose just as a  'Fuck you to the bullies.

I sabotage the “try hard” Jason hunters as well, I don’t play a female character (male characters aren’t as good and much more fun because of that) but I will hit Jason twice after the sweater is activated. Jason killers get so salty they will try and start an argument  every single time, and these aren’t little kids, these are grown adults.

On 9/20/2018 at 5:55 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

Condescending tone. Air of superiority. General lack of respect. Basic narcissistic attitude. It's a @GeneiJin post. 

In the “real world” he is like every other internet warrior, cowardly, shy and a female repellent.