Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who likes to fuck over bully counselors. As for teaming up with Jason, that is unacceptable, and so is trying to sabotage an escape. Before anyone asks "What's the difference between preventing a Jason kill and preventing a car escape?" Easy: Car and phone escapes were intended to happen. Not necessarily on a regular basis, but still far more often than a Jason-kill, which was also intended to happen RARELY. What wasn't intended was the constant pinata parties we see now. Jason was never meant to be a punching bag for a bunch of dancing retards, nor was he meant to be a toy for the counselors amusement. Jason was meant to be a fucking BEAST... Death personified (Call it corny, but I like to refer to him as the Angel of Death). Jason showing up should cause counselors to scatter and run like hell, not stand there and do idiotic emotes (which I blame the devs and their severe lack of balls for. IllFonic should be ashamed of themselves for allowing such a thing to happen). 

Killing Jason is, and should remain, a win condition for counselors. But it should be an EXTREME win condition, along the lines of "I saw a roach in my home, so in order to kill it, I burned the house down". You killed the roach, but at what cost? That's the same reasoning that should have stayed in the game. Sure, you killed Jason, but almost everyone died in the attempt and even Tommy and SG barely survived.

It is very possible to kill Jason without resorting to bully-tactics to do it (my Bunny Girls Revenge vids on YouTube show what I'm talking about better than I can explain it). If certain counselors would stop acting like a bunch of shit-heads, maybe they'd stop finding the sweater mysteriously missing when they try and take it.

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Its simpler nowadays to kill Jason than it ever was before. 

I really don't enjoy killing Jason because its mostly a bitch a move (from my perspective).  The game his horribly unbalanced when it comes to groups Vs Jason.  Its too easy to unmask Jason.  And its too easy to kill casual/newbie Jasons.   And it can force smarter Jasons players to go defensive and drag the game out for a full 20 mins.   Also Jason hunters tend to not get actual real objectives done and suck the fun out of the game.

Also, Killing casual/newbie Jason players can make that player quit playing..entirely.  

IMO killing Jason should be next to impossible.  

Besides..  Myself and many others probably could have killed Jason 'more' than you IF we actually wanted to.   

Sometimes i run and grab the sweater 1st.. Just to screw over Jason hunters.     :D

Except when you get those Level 150 Jason players who think they are THE shit yet when they are in the killing animation they leave. 

I don’t go for the kill every single match but it just seems as though higher level Jason players get their pride hurt when they get killed by counselors. I have only been killed one time but that was in a friend group 😕

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

He is a troll. He’s admitted multiple times over the past year that he intentionally holds onto repair items including keys and fuse until he thinks the lobby “deserves” or “earns” them. 

 

Again, when in public lobbies..  If i find the keys, im holding on to them until I decide to escape.    I will only drop the keys for people in PUBLIC games who watch my back or earn it.    Thats not trolling.

9 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

 HuDawg should have been banned last year, he’s a literal troll that denies he’s a troll ad nauseum into infinity... like trolls do. Don’t waste your time. 

...Troll this.. troll that.      Nothing I did was against rules nor was it 'trolling'.       

Those posts about the 'car keys' took place about 8 months ago.   You're still stewing about it?   Seriously?  :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Except when you get those Level 150 Jason players who think they are THE shit yet when they are in the killing animation they leave. 

I don’t go for the kill every single match but it just seems as though higher level Jason players get their pride hurt when they get killed by counselors. I have only been killed one time but that was in a friend group 😕

Or those who go in the water just to say "I'm never been killed!!". 
I fully agree there is some kind of pride on not getting killed. I've been once, I kill 8/8 almost all the time but once a very well organized and skilled (and lucky) players killed me. They were good, I still think I'm a good Jason and my self esteem is not changed a bit lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BillyBallo said:

Or those who go in the water just to say "I'm never been killed!!". 
I fully agree there is some kind of pride on not getting killed. I've been once, I kill 8/8 almost all the time but once a very well organized and skilled (and lucky) players killed me. They were good, I still think I'm a good Jason and my self esteem is not changed a bit lol.

Well..  its not like Jason needs to got into the water to avoid getting killed.   Jasons skills when used defensively make him impossible to catch.

I've never been killed.  But i've never jumped into the lake and stayed there either.     

I do play super defensively, hang back, collect knives, drag on the match and just kept trying to knife snipe the sweater girl.   Which can be extremely boring and annoying to counselors trying to kill Jason..  But, i really don't care

I refuse to simply waddle into the sweater girl and Tommy.     And for that reason alone, its why i've never been killed and probably never will.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Well..  its not like Jason needs to got into the water to avoid getting killed.   Jasons skills when used defensively make him impossible to catch.

I've never been killed.  But i've never jumped into the lake and stayed there either.     

I do player super defensively, hang back, collect knives, drag on the match and just kept trying to knife snipe the sweater girl.   Which can be extremely boring and annoying to counselors trying to kill Jason..  But, i really don't care.   They simply asked for it.  

I refuse to simply waddle into the sweater girl and Tommy.     And for that reason alone, its why i never have been killed and probably never will.

 

I'm not saying that everybody goes into the lake but once demasked some of them do it which I think is pointless.
Anyway IMHO against 5-6 skilled counselors that play only to kill and have perks accordingly I think even the best of Jasons has a solid chance to die

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BillyBallo said:


Anyway IMHO against 5-6 skilled counselors that play only to kill and have perks accordingly I think even the best of Jasons has a solid chance to die

A defensive Jason is impossible to catch tho. Using stalk, shift and morph defensively, is what im talking about.

Also, the lake being used when needed.

Jason needs to be on the offense to be put in the position to be killed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HuDawg said:

 

Again, when in public lobbies..  If i find the keys, im holding on to them until I decide to escape.    I will only drop the keys for people in PUBLIC games who watch my back or earn it.    Thats not trolling.

...Troll this.. troll that.      Nothing I did was against rules nor was it 'trolling'.       

Those posts about the 'car keys' took place about 8 months ago.   You're still stewing about it?   Seriously?  :D

 

You’re a troll, period. I was in the discussion you ruined by going on for multiple pages about how you weren’t a troll even tho you engage in troll behavior so yes, I remember. That’s not “stewing,” but nice attempt at deflecting. ONE of my two Ph.Ds is in psychology so don’t step to me with your cognitive distortion bullshit. You’re an admitted troll. Trolling behavior constitutes a troll however you try to redefine, rationalize, or reframe it. I’m honestly surprised you weren’t banned from here for admitting to trying to ruin matches as an MO of yours. Nothing you say matters but carry on I guess. People like you are the reason the devs has to add repair icons for hiding and hoarding items as well as instituting the salt mines but ok. 

ANYWAY

The devs should prepare a patch to test whether an increase in Jason’s damage would change how players operate around him over the fall. I’d like to see them at least trying something new within the confides of the existing game to bulk Jason up without changing the grab yet again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

You’re a troll, period. I was in the discussion you ruined by going on for multiple pages about how you weren’t a troll even tho you engage in troll behavior so yes, I remember. That’s not “stewing,” but nice attempt at deflecting. ONE of my two Ph.Ds is in psychology so don’t step to me with your cognitive distortion bullshit. You’re an admitted troll. Trolling behavior constitutes a troll however you try to redefine, rationalize, or reframe it. I’m honestly surprised you weren’t banned from here for admitting to trying to ruin matches as an MO of yours. Nothing you say matters but carry on I guess. People like you are the reason the devs has to add repair icons for hiding and hoarding items as well as instituting the salt mines but ok. 

ANYWAY

The devs should prepare a patch to test whether an increase in Jason’s damage would change how players operate around him over the fall. I’d like to see them at least trying something new within the confides of the existing game to bulk Jason up without changing the grab yet again.

 

If you don't mind my asking, what is your other PhD?

I hold onto the keys during a match, and if I see someone making the attempt to put the battery and/or gas in, I'll drive them out with me when the time comes. I'll also pick up people along the way if the conditions are favorable.

It should be harder to knock Jason's mask off during a match. That would be a good start to make him more challenging for those Jason hunters. In addition, make Jason hit harder and counselors might think twice about ganging up on him. This probably won't stop the most hardcore Jason hunters, as they will still find a way to take Jason down if they really want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BeautyNumber2 I think if they double Jason's HP and as @GeneiJin has suggested, make the generator that powers the Tommy radio known to Jason those two changes alone would help slow down people trying to kill Jason. At the least I'd say the difficulty would go up quite a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

You’re a troll, period. I was in the discussion you ruined by going on for multiple pages about how you weren’t a troll even tho you engage in troll behavior so yes, I remember. That’s not “stewing,”

The fact that you even remember that topic and still seem to be angry about it is 'stewing'. 

Im just sayin. 🤡

 

You got a PhD...? 

What ever you say Doc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The point we can all agree on is that bullying Jason is a problem that needs to be addressed (unless you're fine with it, in which case  you can go fuck yourself). As I've already said, killing Jason needs to remain a viable option for counselors, but it is an option in desperate need of tweaking. Let me put this into an unusual perspective for you:

Jason can survive being plowed into by a speeding 4-seater car full of passengers and not get as much as a scratch. He can be shot repeatedly in the face by shotgun-wielding counselors, then survive said counselors pummeling him with axes, pipes, wrenches, and other assorted weapons. Even the fully-human versions of him can stay completely submerged in water for the entire round if he so chooses.

But a 90-pound soaking-wet girl, in as little as two attacks with a machete, can remove his mask and thus directly lead to his death... How do you NOT see the problem with this? 

Jason NEEDS to be over-powered. It NEEDS to be hard-as-shit to kill him. He NEEDS better durability and stun-protection. Jason should be able to mow down half the lobby with just his melee attack. He should be so much more powerful than the counselors that trying to kill him should be a desperate, last-resort "If we don't kill him, none of us are getting out of here" measure. But it's not... a lot of time it's the first thing they try. Has anyone else noticed there seems to be a trend of Jason's not trapping vehicles or even the phone-box? I asked a Part 3 just last night why he never bothered with it. His answer? "No one cares about objectives anymore, they only care about killing you".

It's a sad, sorry state of affairs.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have problem with bullies. I like when they do it, it's most satisfying when you kill them. And as counselor sometimes can be funny not to take it too seriously

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there are Jasons that are really easy to kill but there are a couple of Jasons that aren't easy. Jasons without -defense and with -stun resistance are way harder to kill. I think Part 3, 4, 7, 8 are good enough picks to not get killed easily. Rage makes Killing Jason less fun though because you can no longer surprise a good Jason for the kill. I only got one kill by complete surprise popping out of a hiding spot with the Sweater before Jason had Rage. There's also another time where me and another guy almost got a meaty kill off of a long range shotgun shot when Jason ran away. Of course Jason can always avoid the direct confrontation with the Sweater girl and Tommy but if you play well enough to get the surprise it is way more interesting to do. Sometimes the Tommy house appears in the opening cutscene and Jason can go for it immediately but other times Tommy is called at the start of the round. If they made radioing Tommy Jarvis an Objective that requires a part no one would try to fight Jason at the start of the match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2018 at 10:45 AM, Kodiak said:

Another massive quote. Please don't quote excessively long posts, it's one of the site rules.

I like 2 and 4 tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BillyBallo said:

Or those who go in the water just to say "I'm never been killed!!". 
I fully agree there is some kind of pride on not getting killed. I've been once, I kill 8/8 almost all the time but once a very well organized and skilled (and lucky) players killed me. They were good, I still think I'm a good Jason and my self esteem is not changed a bit lol.

Pretty, much.  Even it you died, you can always improve, beyond of those cowards trying to keep a meaningless title of "unkilled", prioritizing running away over killing.  All of the best Jasons I know all have been killed one point or another.

2 hours ago, ExpertDual said:

I think there are Jasons that are really easy to kill but there are a couple of Jasons that aren't easy.

Honestly, there isn't much difference between each of the Jasons to make one Jason significantly harder to kill over the other.  What matter most is the player.  If anything, the -traps Jason are easier just because he doesn't have enough traps if he tries to both protect the Tommy call and escapes.  Once Tommy is in the game, if both Sweater and Tommy are highly skilled, it's really a uphill battle for Jason, regardless of the pick.

9 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

The point we can all agree on is that bullying Jason is a problem that needs to be addressed (unless you're fine with it, in which case  you can go fuck yourself). As I've already said, killing Jason needs to remain a viable option for counselors, but it is an option in desperate need of tweaking. Let me put this into an unusual perspective for you:

Well aren't you well mannered.. :P.  I had some sympathy toward bullied Jason when I was counselor pref, but since I switched to Jason, I have none,.  I learned how to fight back as Jason, I could careless if someone else doesn't have the intuition or drive to improve.   When I was new, I was also invited VIP to the Troll party.  Have thickskin, DEAL WITH IT, and learn.

Bullying Jason was fated the moment the developers decided to add a combat mechanic.  It function a lot like a simple fighting game, that by nature will reward the player that knows and understand the options and tools for both sides best.  You can add as many buff or new options to Jason, but bullying will not go away unless combat for counselor is completely nullified or removed.  With that, this game would be Tom & Jerry DBD.  Boring, no thank you.

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

@ShiftySamurai some good ideas in here especially @Kodiak's suggestions. 

Any suggestion here made by any one of us, including mine, will require additional development/testing/debugging/Money.  Development is frozen, we should expect only bug fix (I hope) and some tweaking to existing values.  Perhaps something like an buff to Jason HP (20-40% would be nice and fair), but I'm not expecting anything beyond.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

 

Any suggestion here made by any one of us, including mine, will require additional development/testing/debugging/Money.  Development is frozen, we should expect only bug fix (I hope) and some tweaking to existing values.  Perhaps something like an buff to Jason HP (20-40% would be nice and fair), but I'm not expecting anything beyond.

Condescending tone. Air of superiority. General lack of respect. Basic narcissistic attitude. It's a @GeneiJin post. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Condescending tone. Air of superiority. General lack of respect. Basic narcissistic attitude. It's a @GeneiJin post. 

Great, glad it has my signature, friend (-:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Great, glad it has my signature, friend (-:

I am not your friend. You most likely have no friends. And if you do have any people around you call friends they only exist in your world to serve you. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I am not your friend. You most likely have no friends. And if you do have any people around you call friends they only exist in your world to serve you. 

I'm a bit too happy with life to not have friends, and I'm the friend to go to if someone needs aid.  Although opinionated, I try to be rational and certainly the world doesn't revolve around me, although many here seem to think it does for them.  And I do extend my hand for friendship to you, accept it at your own discretion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

  I had some sympathy toward bullied Jason when I was counselor pref, but since I switched to Jason, I have none,.  I learned how to fight back as Jason, I could careless if someone else doesn't have the intuition or drive to improve.   When I was new, I was also invited VIP to the Troll party.  Have thickskin, DEAL WITH IT, and learn.

Yeah i died for first time in awhile on Tuesday night. I was back on it again last night. Had a match not going my way, but turned it around for 7/8(just missed the boat escape). Next time I cleared the lobby 8/8. Funny thing about this game. Just when you think you are getting good, a match will throw you a curve ball and shit goes sideways at times. You will never find me running or hiding as Jason. I can take my death like a man if I put my self in that position during the match. When i do die it just encourages me to get better and that I will guaranteed...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

. You will never find me running or hiding as Jason. I can take my death like a man if I put my self in that position during the match. When i do die it just encourages me to get better and that I will guaranteed...

Cool of you man, defiantly a player to be respected.  Best of Jasons will still have bad games, too many shit happens at once and he can't be everywhere at once.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Cool of you man, defiantly a player to be respected.  Best of Jasons will still have bad games, too many shit happens at once and he can't be everywhere at once.  

We still need to get a game in bud! Another way for me to get better is playing against the best 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

Bullying Jason was fated the moment the developers decided to add a combat mechanic.  It function a lot like a simple fighting game, that by nature will reward the player that knows and understand the options and tools for both sides best.  You can add as many buff or new options to Jason, but bullying will not go away unless combat for counselor is completely nullified or removed.

I disagree. I think it'd go down quite a bit when counselors realized Jason's no longer something for them to smack around like a baseball. All the Devs would have to do is:

1) Drop his stun rate low enough that stunning him in a single hit becomes much less common. 

2) Increase his stun-immunity window long enough that after he gets back on his feet, it'll be several seconds until he can be stunned again. To put "several seconds" in context, lets say Jason stops the car and drags the driver out. One of the other counselors whacks him, he gets stunned, the driver gets back in, begins restarting the car, and is grabbed again. That counselor is just flat-out going to die because the increased stun immunity would still be in effect, preventing counselors from stunning him over and over again in a very short amount of time.

3) As others have said, it should become very difficult to stun Jason once Rage activates. Personally,  I'm fine with counselors getting a free stun if Jason rages through the door and is hit immediately (that's kinda what happens to people who barge on in without thinking about who/what's on the other side) but that aside, counselors should have to put in work to stun him when Rage is active. 

When bullies see that their weapons are breaking at a much higher rate than they're stunning Jason, and that even when they do stun him he casually gets back up and gets several attacks in before they're able to do it again, the bullying will stop.  Dancing retards will think twice about trying to bait Jason once they realize that even if they do manage to hit him when he misses a grab or melee attack, chances are it will have little effect.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×