3 hours ago, BillyBallo said:

To kill Jason should be much more harder than now. A character with high strength like Tommy can demask you with a couple of vertical hit. That's not nice. I've killed Jason so many times it has became rather boring to do it. It has lost all the magic. I think it should be an exceptional thing. Something that even if you are 150 and well organized with 3-4 firends is still much risky.

Seeing how I attempt the Jason kill in every game, there isn't many people that has killed Jason as much as I have, even I say it needs to be balanced out a bit.  However, I like the threat of it to remain in the game to every player of every skill, but too many people here wants to make it too hard that if you have a decent Jason, you are safe from it leaving only the very worst vulnerable it.  Personally, if balanced with consideration at the highest level of skill for both Jason and counselors, if's it happens  every 1 or 2 games out of 10, I'd be happy, but how it is now is too much determined if Jason got to the Tommy call first or not. 

I like how the Jason kill effects the meta of the game and keeps Jason on his toes and honest.   I rather want the mechanic fairly balanced, but still remain a viable option for counselors.

Initially people would complain but there really does need to be a change with the frequency Jason gets killed these days. It's a drastic change but I don't think it'd be a bad one. People can still kill Jason, it's just sometimes the sweater won't be there. It'd encourage people to play objectives more.

• Like 3

I posted months ago. The game would be much better if killing Jason wasn't an option.

A tremendous amount of pressure would be taken off of the Jason player and players would be required to actually complete objectives to escape.

• Like 2

I agree with Kodiak for once without quoting his entire post. I’ve also been saying for a year that Jason should basically be invincible during rage. Stun Chance should be halved and his damage doubled, killing counselors in one swing (unless they have Thick Skin). Of course that’s already with an additional repair to up his melee damage from the start. 

I also believe that before rage, counselors should actually stand a chance to escape Jason’s grasp. This mechanic is still clunky and rarely does anyone organically escape, it’s usually a bug or small space that allows people to escape. You’d have to be Adam or Jenny with no fear build up to escape Jason’s grasp so why even have it as a mechanic as is? Lower the threshold to escape grab pre-rage and make escaping Jason’s grapes during rage impossible. You basically get 10 minutes to be able to escape his grip because once Jason has rage, the prompt doesn’t even come up. A PK should be the only way to escape a raging Jason. That’s how I always thought it should be.

I know that the majority of players believe that dance parties at the cops, ganging up on Jason, and general tomfoolery that goes on during the second half of the match needs to end. This would really help. It it would make killing Jason much more difficult after rage.

Furthermore, it’s really time that Gun take objective, realistic suggestions seriously and incorporate them into the game. Jason’s Sense power needs to be switched with Stalk. It makes absolutely no sense that Jason would need to be stealthy in the second half of the match when he’s raging. Jason should be stealthy in the first half of the match to sneak up on counselors and take them out just like in the films. The meta of counselors not being afraid of Jason needs to end. I want to see the best counselor main in the world still get theirs in an incredible, unbelievable sequence. That’s what Sean S  Cunningham himself said he envisioned for the game when he offered the license so that’s the mindset the devs need to return to. Counselors are ganging up on Jason because they aren’t afraid due to their being limited consequences for going toe to toe with Jason. Can we please change that?

Lastly, I still believe that once someone grabs the sweater, Jason would naturally become enraged, just like when his mask is knocked off. I just don’t understand why nobody has implemented these things to make Jason formidable. The grab has been adjusted over and over thinking that was the issue, it’s really not. The current grab could use a slightly wider cone and about 1 foot increase but that’s about it.

The game has been out long enough that Gun needs to focus on reexamining some of the nuance in gameplay, especially since nothing can be added. What exists in the game needs to be reworked because the foundation of the game itself incredible. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Initially people would complain but there really does need to be a change with the frequency Jason gets killed these days. It's a drastic change but I don't think it'd be a bad one. People can still kill Jason, it's just sometimes the sweater won't be there. It'd encourage people to play objectives more.

Kodiak, you’ve presented a lot of great ideas in this thread. How do we get Gun to listen?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Show the location of the Tommy radio and double Jason's HP. Start with those two things and it'll help alot. It'll give Jason the option to prevent the threat to his unlife from ever happening. 

Take away the need to have to double trap doors. 1 trap that counselors cant sidestep to get into shack would be nice too.

If you place it just right they can't side step it.

3 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Take away the need to have to double trap doors. 1 trap that counselors cant sidestep to get into shack would be nice too.

2 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

If you place it just right they can't side step it.

This. If you are double-trapping the shack lol... counselors can walk between the traps FYI. 

The only idea I really like here is switching stalk and sense around. If nothing else, at least for the non-running Jasons (6-9). Sense without shift unlocked is pretty much just a tease. Blocking is an effective enough tool for stopping bullying, one block by Jason instantly destroys a baseball bat wielded by low luck characters such as A.J. 

On 9/17/2018 at 10:45 AM, Kodiak said:

A big first post

I love this post so much I’m only quoting it so it can be posted again.

3 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Seeing how I attempt the Jason kill in every game, there isn't many people that has killed Jason as much as I have, even I say it needs to be balanced out a bit.  However, I like the threat of it to remain in the game to every player of every skill, but too many people here wants to make it too hard

Its simpler nowadays to kill Jason than it ever was before. 

I really don't enjoy killing Jason because its mostly a bitch a move (from my perspective).  The game his horribly unbalanced when it comes to groups Vs Jason.  Its too easy to unmask Jason.  And its too easy to kill casual/newbie Jasons.   And it can force smarter Jasons players to go defensive and drag the game out for a full 20 mins.   Also Jason hunters tend to not get actual real objectives done and suck the fun out of the game.

Also, Killing casual/newbie Jason players can make that player quit playing..entirely.  

IMO killing Jason should be next to impossible.  

Besides..  Myself and many others probably could have killed Jason 'more' than you IF we actually wanted to.   

Sometimes i run and grab the sweater 1st.. Just to screw over Jason hunters.     :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I really don't enjoy killing Jason because its mostly a bitch a move (from my perspective).  The game his horribly unbalanced when it comes to groups Vs Jason.  Its too easy to unmask Jason.  And its too easy to kill casual/newbie Jasons.   And it can force smarter Jasons players to go defensive and drag the game out for a full 20 mins.   Also Jason hunters tend to not get actual real objectives done and suck the fun out of the game.

Also, Killing casual/newbie Jason players can make that play quit playing..entirely.  

Besides..  Myself and many others probably could have killed Jason 'more' than you IF we actually wanted to.   

Sometimes i run and grab the sweater 1st.. Just to screw over Jason hunters.     :D

I generally refuse to kill any Jason player lower then about level 25.

As for the taking the sweater to screw people over. Don't be a dick.

8 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I generally refuse to kill any Jason player lower then about level 25.

As for the taking the sweater to screw people over. Don't be a dick.

I don't really care if i 'screw over ' people.  Thats the whole point of being a dick,  screwing...lol.

Seriously..  You refuse to kill any Jason lower than level 25?  Well i actually do something about it and REFUSE to let it happen.  

7 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I don't really care if i 'screw over ' people.  Thats the whole point of being a dick,  screwing...lol.

Seriously..  You refuse to kill any Jason lower than level 25?  Well i actually do something about it and REFUSE to let it happen.  

That's really not much different from being a Jason teamer though. Might as well hold on to keys and fuse so other counselors can't try to escape as well.

42 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

The overall mechanics and steps for it hasn't ever change, just the general understanding and knowledge of it has, hence why it's more common.

It really doesn't have anything to do with Groups.  I got done earlier with a game in a 4 player lobby.  2 escaped by the car, leaving me alone waiting for Tommy to be spawned.  Met him at the shack, backed him up while he got the mask off, then finished him.  How the kill mechanic works it only takes 2 competent players, Tommy + Sweater, which is why I've been a advocate of just giving Jason the Tommy radio location.  Make it like any other objective he can reliably guard, then it's Jason's fault for putting himself in that situation, which he would still have a chance of ether turning the tide or counselors blotching it.  It would also balance out Kill squads as they would be more likely to work on objectives as a distraction to open up the Tommy call.

Also, Killing casual/newbie Jason players can make that play quit playing..entirely. 

I don't discriminate, good, bad, new, experienced.  My mindset is "Jason must Die!"  I'm also always saying GG and first to let everyone know that there is no shame in dying as Jason.  Everyone that plays with me enough knows its not a big deal and it can happen to anyone.

Nahh... If it was "next to impossible", just remove it from the game.  Even as a Jason player, I enjoy having that threat in mind, as it makes me play in a manner that I have to be cautions and keeps me honest.  I take steps to prevent it and play a ruthless Jason, but if they get me, they earned it 👍. The mechanic threat itself opens ups objectives for other counselors as well and has a place in the overall meta.  Overall, it's fine how it is as long as Jason can prevent a free Tommy call.

Yea, that happens, usually with "greefers" upset I killed them playing Jason in the past.  I'm somewhat known during the hours I play on PC.   As @thrawn3054 said, you are being a dick, technically you are on the same said as the other counselors and you are robbing them (and yourself) an win condition.  But allas, many players only play for themselves, especially found on QP.

20 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

That's really not much different from being a Jason teamer though. Might as well hold on to keys and fuse so other counselors can't try to escape as well.

Pretty much.  Players play for themselves and enjoy derailing other players (who are on the same side) fun.

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

I don't discriminate, good, bad, new, experienced.  My mindset is "Jason must Die!" 

And you probably end up killing all the BAD and NEW Jasons..    Just so you can come up on this forum and act like your a 'PRO' and an expert at 'killing jason'

As @thrawn3054 said, you are being a dick,

Ya.. and I agreed.   I am being a dick...    Do you honestly think i care that im screwing over people like you?   People who just run around killing newbies and brag about it.  

I've been a dick for years.. Im proud of being a dick.   But im not an asshole.   

Asshole is your job.  

• Like 1

Nice conversation. I just want to point out two axpects:
1) I don't know if a super Jason during rage is a good idea. I think rage is good as it is. You can shift very often and break doors. Adding more power to Jason in this situation can make the game too much unbalanced and too hard on counselors which should always have a hope and a way to survive otherwise there is no point to play.

2) Regarding the fact that Jason killing should not have been in the game I fully disagree. It's a very nice add and very nice designed. Jasons player who have too much pressure on them should just calm down, it's a game and against skilled people it can happen to lose it. It happen to the best as well. It's part of life. 

I see Jason is a 1 hit knock out with any weapon.

Think Jason has been nerfed too much now.

It needs to be fun again.

Not feel like I'm a piñata that enjoys getting my ass spanked by half naked counselors. :tiffbutt:🏏

• Like 1

@HuDawg Let me put it another way then. Grabbing the sweater for the sole purpose of denying people the Jason kill doesn't simply make you a dick. It raises you to troll status. You rant about people trolling Jason, but you trolling your teammates is fine? As @Pazuzu pointed out it's no different then teaming with Jason by holding onto repair items really. 

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

And you probably end up killing all the BAD and NEW Jasons..    Just so you can come up on this forum and act like your a 'PRO' and an expert at 'killing jason

Yep, I kill "all the BAD and NEW Jasons" along with the Good, skilled, and experienced Jason with them.   As long a the simple requirement of Sweeter + Tommy is in play, the game is in counselor's hand, and I'm very crafty in creating that scenarios with most QP players regardless of their skills (and language :rolleyes:) .  Can't call myself a "Pro", as I don't get paid :P, but I can say compared to my game knowledge and skill, I'm happy to share it so I can help others play on my level.

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Do you honestly think i care that im screwing over people like you?  

Of course you wouldn't, anyone here who reads your comment wouldn't think otherwise.  But of course the type of person you are are also quickly upset when people screw you in the same manner.  You are my favorite type of person to piss off B).  Shame you don't play on PC LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

@HuDawg Let me put it another way then. Grabbing the sweater for the sole purpose of denying people the Jason kill doesn't simply make you a dick. It raises you to troll status. You rant about people trolling Jason, but you trolling your teammates is fine? As @Pazuzu pointed out it's no different then teaming with Jason by holding onto repair items really. 

Thats not how I see it.  And I honestly don't care.

My sole purpose when playing this game is to be entertained.  Watching a bunch of try hards destroy newbie Jason players ruins the fun.

So, if I get a chance to to mess with 'those' types of players, damn right I will.  And im more than happy to do it.  

Of course you wouldn't, anyone here who reads your comment wouldn't think otherwise.  But of course the type of person you are are also quickly upset when people screw you in the same manner.  You are my favorite type of person to piss off B).  

Who exactly is 'screwing' me?   What, are you even talking about?

But i agree, i am the best type of person to 'piss off'..     Everyone i know would agree with that.    

I mean, im a dick. The more you push up against me, the more turned on I get. And someone's gettin'' the bone. 

Don't want the bone? Leave the dog alone.

I've started actively sabotaging kill-Jason attempts if the counselors are engaged in bullying Jason. Keep in mind there is a distinction between attacking Jason to remove his mask and bullying him (I.E. stunning him just to dance on him). If Jason's getting bullied, I'll go steal the sweater and get killed on purpose just as a  'Fuck you to the bullies.

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

@HuDawg Let me put it another way then. Grabbing the sweater for the sole purpose of denying people the Jason kill doesn't simply make you a dick. It raises you to troll status. You rant about people trolling Jason, but you trolling your teammates is fine? As @Pazuzu pointed out it's no different then teaming with Jason by holding onto repair items really. 

He is a troll. He’s admitted multiple times over the past year that he intentionally holds onto repair items including keys and fuse until he thinks the lobby “deserves” or “earns” them. Apparently he also gets the sweater and doesn’t help kill Jason. HuDawg should have been banned last year, he’s a literal troll that denies he’s a troll ad nauseum into infinity... like trolls do. Don’t waste your time.